CDZ Can someone please describe White Privilege in specific terms?

Actually, I make no claim that black children behave worse than white children. Your job, to prove they do, would be to provide evidence.

Your words in response to the OP, what is white privilege.

"The system in which a white teacher is more likely to view a black student as a threat, while identifying with the white student, and result in harsher punishments for the same kinds of misbehavior."

That clearly says that children who exhibit the same behaviors get punished differently due to their race.

NOT that black children behave worse than white kids.

Quantified by WHO?

I love the fact that teachers are such lefties and support the side that is so quick to throw them under the bus.

You guys have put me in the humorous position of telling my teacher friends, liberals, that I regularly stand up for them, and those that blame their racism for the failures of black students.

Who has quantified that black children behave so differently than white children? You have yet to provide evidence.

I'm sorry you want things so cut and dried. It's not all teachers, which I believe I've said before. It's not a 100% occurrence. Non-racist teachers don't need any defending. But even if it's only 20%, it's going to affect outcomes. And personally, I don't even think some people realize that they are acting on subconscious racist assumptions.

That's why education is important.

Who has quantified that the punishments are different for the same offenses.

That is a claim you made, that you should not make unless the data clearly supports your claim, ie cut and dried.

Report: Widespread Racial Disparities In Public School Punishments

Report highlights racial disparities in school discipline – once again

If black students are displined more often by teachers than white students, then either there is a higher rate of discipline problems with black students than white students, or teachers are more likely to displined a black student for an infraction than a white student.

One thing that makes a difference of whether a student gets disciplined for misbehavior is how that student responds to a "correction". If the student is respectful to the teacher and then complies with acceptable behavior, then no official disciplinary actions take place. However, if the student has an attitude with the teacher, is argumentative (back talk), then that student is more likely to receive displinary action that will go on the student's record. How a student reacts to a teacher's correction usually depends on his relationship with his parents and whether his parents have taught him how to respect teachers and other authority figures. Unfortunately, a significant portion of the black culture instills disrespect to authority figures. BLM for example.

When a white employer is more likely to employ a white person because they identify with them and feel they will "fit in" better, that is white privilege. Given that there are more white employers than black, white people are more likely to benefit from this preference. From a percentages standpoint, it is a privilege.

Again, there are lots of other factors in play, so it is not a 100% occurrence.

Think of it as a deck of cards. You get a deck with 6 aces instead of 4. You are more likely to get an ace, but it doesn't mean you will get an ace every time. Still, you would choose the deck with more aces.

Maybe employers just don't have as much problems from whites, I'm an employer and that's my experience. I just don't wast time on hiring them anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your words in response to the OP, what is white privilege.

"The system in which a white teacher is more likely to view a black student as a threat, while identifying with the white student, and result in harsher punishments for the same kinds of misbehavior."

That clearly says that children who exhibit the same behaviors get punished differently due to their race.

NOT that black children behave worse than white kids.

Quantified by WHO?

I love the fact that teachers are such lefties and support the side that is so quick to throw them under the bus.

You guys have put me in the humorous position of telling my teacher friends, liberals, that I regularly stand up for them, and those that blame their racism for the failures of black students.

Who has quantified that black children behave so differently than white children? You have yet to provide evidence.

I'm sorry you want things so cut and dried. It's not all teachers, which I believe I've said before. It's not a 100% occurrence. Non-racist teachers don't need any defending. But even if it's only 20%, it's going to affect outcomes. And personally, I don't even think some people realize that they are acting on subconscious racist assumptions.

That's why education is important.

Who has quantified that the punishments are different for the same offenses.

That is a claim you made, that you should not make unless the data clearly supports your claim, ie cut and dried.

Report: Widespread Racial Disparities In Public School Punishments

Report highlights racial disparities in school discipline – once again
As you said, correlation is not causation.

The system in which a white teacher is more likely to view a black student as a threat, while identifying with the white student, and result in harsher punishments for the same kinds of misbehavior.

That's one example. It is not a 100% occurrence. There are too many other factors at work that means that it's practically impossible to quantify. But it exists, like the other prejudices in our world.
This is an example of liberal education system coming up with a false study to push racist agenda.

When a white employer is more likely to employ a white person because they identify with them and feel they will "fit in" better, that is white privilege. Given that there are more white employers than black, white people are more likely to benefit from this preference. From a percentages standpoint, it is a privilege.

Think of it as a deck of cards. You get a deck with 6 aces instead of 4. You are more likely to get an ace, but it doesn't mean you will get an ace every time. Still, you would choose the deck with more aces.
You are delusional.

It seems to me to be little more than having two parents in the home who place some value on education. Interestingly, this "privilege" is also enjoyed by most Asian-Americans...
Cannot define something that does not exist.

Maybe employers just don't have as much problems from whites, I'm an employer and that's my experience. I just don't wast time on hiring them anymore.

People are not "a deck of cards". There are differences among demographic groups. The differences may not be caused by the indicator of the demographic group (race for example), yet the differences do exist.

If you don't believe there are differences in general between black people and white people, try visting a white church and a black church. There is a difference in behavior. Usually, the people in the black church will be much more "spirited". I know I'm stereotyping here, but what the hell.

Here you go....Kurt Schlichter addresses this topic.....in his usual mild manner....

Kurt Schlichter - I Checked My Privilege, And It’s Doing Just Fine

Liberals have a new word for what normal people call “success.” They call it “privilege,” as if a happy, prosperous life is the result of some magic process related to where your great-great-great-grandfather came from.

It’s the latest leftist argument tactic, which means it is a tactic designed to prevent any argument and to beat you into rhetorical submission. Conservatives, don’t play their game.

It’s easy to see that this notion that accomplishment comes not from hard work but from some mysterious force, operating out there in the ether, is essential to liberal thought. To excuse the dole-devouring layabouts who form so much of the Democrat voting base, it is critical that they undermine the achievements of those who support themselves. We can’t have the American people thinking that hard work leads to success; people might start asking why liberal constituencies don’t just work harder instead of demanding more money from those who actually produce something.

This “Check your privilege” meme is the newest trump card du jour on college campuses and in other domains of progressive tyranny. It morphed into existence from the “You racist!” wolf-cry that is now so discredited that it produces little but snickers even among liberal fellow travelers. After all, if everyone is racist – and to the progressives, everyone is except themselves – then no one is really racist. And it’s kind of hard to take seriously being called “racist” by adherents of a political party that made a KKK kleagle its Senate majority leader.

So how do we deal with this idiocy?

------

Response: “What you call ‘privilege’ is just me being better than you.”

They won’t like it. It will make them angry. Good. Because tactics like “Check your privilege” are designed to make us angry, to put us off-balance, to baffle us and suck us down into a rabbit hole of leftist jargon and progressive stupidity.

Don’t follow them. Mock them. Accuse them of adhering to a transphobic cisnormative paradigm and start shrieking “Hate crime!”

Don’t worry about not making sense. They’re college students. They are used to not understanding what people smarter than they are tell them.

Respectful argument should be reserved for those who respect the concept of argument. The sulky sophomores who babble about privilege do not. They only understand power. And we give them power when we give their nonsense the respect we would give a coherent argument.

They deserve only laughter. And to laugh at them, we simply need to refuse to be intimidated.

Culture, personal family life, differences in responses from the school, ect.

You are the one using punishments as evidence.
Cultural is the key difference. Tied to this is economic income level. Poorer counties typically have poorer schools. As discussed elsewhere, only about 6% of school funding is Federal. The majority of it is split between state and local. Poor schools, fractured family life and a culture doesn't emphasize traditional core values all can lead most children to a disastrous upbringing. I don't know how that cycle can be broken, but the only solution is to break the cycle. Italians and Irish used to live under such problems and now the vast majority of them are fully assimilated across all economic scales. How did that come about?

When race and economic status are generally correlative, then it's still a race issue.
I agree to an extent. So please explain Asian privilege to me and why Asians are racists to Blacks and Latinos. As the data below clearly displays, Asians, by your logic of "privilege", must have greater social privileges bestowed upon them since they make 2 to 4 times as much money on average.

Economic Data | Williamsburg[h]
chart_11.png

Culture, personal family life, differences in responses from the school, ect.

You are the one using punishments as evidence.
Cultural is the key difference. Tied to this is economic income level. Poorer counties typically have poorer schools. As discussed elsewhere, only about 6% of school funding is Federal. The majority of it is split between state and local. Poor schools, fractured family life and a culture doesn't emphasize traditional core values all can lead most children to a disastrous upbringing. I don't know how that cycle can be broken, but the only solution is to break the cycle. Italians and Irish used to live under such problems and now the vast majority of them are fully assimilated across all economic scales. How did that come about?

When race and economic status are generally correlative, then it's still a race issue.
The rates of blacks committing murder is much higher than that of whites. This is indisputable because their are bodies to prove the murders. I don't believe the color of a person's in and of itself makes a higher percentage of blacks murder people. However, the is perhaps a higher percentage of blacks than whites involved in gangsta culture. I know that the crips and bloods are names of two notorious black gangs. I can't think of any names of white gangs but I do expect they exist. Perhaps the Hell's Angels.

Gangs are almost exclusively black or brown. White gang members are so rare as to be nearly insignificant.
Agreed, but let's not forget that wasn't always so. Italian and Irish gangs still exist, but to a much smaller degree than in the past. Gangs are often associated with low income communities. As different demographic groups rise in income, the commonality of gangs disappears.

What do you think white privilege is?
I think it's a LW fabricated term like "assault weapons". In this case, it's an attempt by LW race politikers to explain why whites continue to thrive while blacks do not do as well. IMO, what we're mostly talking about is democratic majority rule; in a country that was 74% black and 13% white would we be making accusations of "black privilege"?

Is there a racism factor? Yes, but that's not the main problem. If anything, the racism is institutionalized by government by creating a stigma for those who benefit from Affirmative Action but there is also the natural, albeit not always smart, human propensity to hire people like themselves. Example; how many Chinese buffets are primarily staffed by whites or blacks? If looking for a job at a law firm which is primarily run by Harvard law graduates, would it be unusual to think that a Harvard grad job applicant would have an edge over a Yale or Columbia graduate? An edge, not necessarily a gimme since that would be stupid. All things being equal, probably yes, but if the Yale or Columbia grad was clearly the superior candidate, it would be stupid to pass on them in favor of the Harvard grad.

Ben Shapiro has the best deconstruction of the myth of white privilege. There are so many "privileges" given to black people even some of which I would consider racist but it's a hand out that is gladly taken. Blacks are given a much lower bar on college entrance exams and Asians are even given a higher one. It was originally put into place because it was thought that blacks needed the lower standard because of lower intelligence. I would be offended if someone afforded me a lower score because of my color but people gladly take it and get into education systems they are not equipped to handle. Just like the founder of planned parenthood had black population control in mind but black people march for it. I'm getting off topic but people say that's not what it stands for now, it's different. The confederate flag for many stands for heritage, for southern hospitality, saying yes ma'am and no sir, bluegrass music and jazz, helping a stranger stranded on the side of the road, opening doors for women and more but the same people who claim things are different now claim that the flag must remain the same because it's racist. Affirmative action was founded on racist ideas, planned parenthood founded on racism but I ramble.
Ben Shapiro. He's the man.

Ben Shapiro has the best deconstruction of the myth of white privilege. There are so many "privileges" given to black people even some of which I would consider racist but it's a hand out that is gladly taken. Blacks are given a much lower bar on college entrance exams and Asians are even given a higher one. It was originally put into place because it was thought that blacks needed the lower standard because of lower intelligence. I would be offended if someone afforded me a lower score because of my color but people gladly take it and get into education systems they are not equipped to handle. Just like the founder of planned parenthood had black population control in mind but black people march for it. I'm getting off topic but people say that's not what it stands for now, it's different. The confederate flag for many stands for heritage, for southern hospitality, saying yes ma'am and no sir, bluegrass music and jazz, helping a stranger stranded on the side of the road, opening doors for women and more but the same people who claim things are different now claim that the flag must remain the same because it's racist. Affirmative action was founded on racist ideas, planned parenthood founded on racism but I ramble.
Ben Shapiro. He's the man.

Here he is....Ben Shapiro.......one of the great Conservative fighters....

This statistic is somewhat skewed by the fact that Black households are more likely to have only one parent in the home. On the other hand, welfare benefits are not counted as income.
Interesting opinion. Feel free to supply as many facts as you like to support that opinion.
Having only one parent in the home is often an indicator of a low income regardless of race. Both having only one parent and a low income are a big part of the problem.

It seems to me to be little more than having two parents in the home who place some value on education. Interestingly, this "privilege" is also enjoyed by most Asian-Americans...

Is there a neg rep button on this board anymore?

Forum List

Back