Can President Obama Become Competent?

Obama is competant. If the full body scanners had been in place, this guy never would have been allowed on the plane.

Why weren't they in place? Go ahead, ask that question.

Because Republicans blocked funding. They feel these scanners are an, get this, an "invasion of privacy". This is the party of the Patriot Act and "spy on Americans" and "recorded phone calls" and they feel someone looking at your "kibbles and bits" is an "invasion of privacy? No wonder the entire world thinks they are as stupid and bag of rocks and more dangerous than al Queda. They ENABLE al Queda.

And Republicans keep saying they have no power.

Last I checked the ACLU is not a bastion of Republican power or ideology. And they have sided with the privacy issue, which by the way, DEMOCRATS side with also.

How many times do we have to remind your dumb fucking ass that the Demos have 60 VOTES in the Senate, nothing they want passed can be blocked by the Republicans and 257 VOTES in the house, where it only takes 218 votes to pass a bill. If a bill was defeated on full body scans under Obama it is DIRECTLY because the DEMOCRATS don't want it.

Actually, if you check with the ACLU, you will find approx. half their cases are for conservatives. You guys demonize everyone, even those that help you.

Like I said, as dumb as a bag of rocks and more dangerous than al Queda.

By the way, it the guy got on in a foriegn country, how is it "Obama's fault"?

And that still doesn't excuse that Republicans BLOCK funding for full body scanners.

Bag of rocks - al Q.

Link for statement in bold please.

lets see the U.S. gets attacked at home, and that somehow makes them experts at defeating terrorism?Responsible is more like it![/B
Better change your anti American attitude or move because Obama will be President for 7 more years!

Clarification please.

It the import of your post that no matter the state of the country, no matter what spate of uninterrupted terrorism, Heaven forbid, you would still consider voting for this administration?

Or, as I hope, you are suggesting that the administration will learn from its mistakes, protect the country at least as well as the previous?

Careful now, this is an IQ test- and only one question so the stakes are high!

No doubt. 911 was a failure to connect the dots. This incident was a failure to connect the dots. Since it is communication protocol between security agencies that is clearly the culprit here the question begged is why the leaf was never turned over by anyone.

And I do like the fact that you see nomenclature as the problem...especially since clearly it had no effect on communication protocol in the past.

Do you realize that under President Obama, there have been more terrorism incidents than any year since 2001?

That would be bullshit. Not to mention, why would we conveniently exclude 2001?

Let's make you eat those words:

Domestic-Terrorism Incidents Hit a Peak in 2009
By Bobby Ghosh / Washington Wednesday, Dec. 23, 2009

Read more: Domestic-Terrorism Incidents Hit a Peak in 2009 - TIME
You may not have noticed, because most of the plots were foiled, but 2009 saw an unprecedented surge in terrorism events on U.S. soil. When analysts tally these events, they refer to anything from a disrupted plot to U.S. citizens traveling abroad to seek terrorism training or a lone gunman running amok in the U.S. And by the calculations of Rand Corp. expert Brian Jenkins, more terrorist threats were uncovered in the U.S. in 2009 than in any year since 2001.
"There appears to be an increase in [terrorist] activity in the U.S.," warns Jenkins, who calculates that there have been 32 terrorism-related events on these shores since 9/11 and that 12 of them occurred in 2009.
[does not include the underwear bomber]

And do you realize that the communication protocol between security agencies was the same under Obama as it was under Bush?

I can assume one or more of the following:

Ether he thinks Bush was right and decided not to change anything...after months of saying he would bring the change that was needed.

He's been ignoring the problem and needs to get his butt in gear.

Or he has changed alot of the procedures but you're just talking out of your backside.

You assume a lot, fortunately your assumption only make an ass out of you and not me.

And I assume that was an angry response to a blunt but extremely valid point.

Or so you have been told.

But the same ones who told you that also told you that the system worked perfectly on Christams Day...before criticism forced them to retract this statement...

The same people also blamed miscommunication and misappropriation regarding the stimulus on the website that cost them 18 million dollars to develop.

And the same people also said that GITMO would be closed by 12/31/09

And the same people spent millions of dollars on an ad IN SPANISH saying that McCain was against the legalizing of Mexican immigrants...and later apologized in a statement IN ENGLISH for misinforming the public....but, of course, only read it at a small press conference...but never released it to the markets where the ads KEPT ON RUNNING

So personally....I would like to know.....what makes you believe that they are using the exact same system that Bush used....becuase they said so?

They? You mean the NSA, CIA, and NCTC? They are the ones calling it a communications failure. Yeah, I guess we shouldn't trust what they say should we...

Excuse me....wisen up....they say what they are told to say. Only a fool would believe otherwise.

So if they were told to say it was a communications failure? It wasn't a communications failure? Did the NSA and CIA contact NCTC? So wouldn't that put the problem at the feet of Leiter--a Bush appointee?

Do you realize that under President Obama, there have been more terrorism incidents than any year since 2001?

You may not have noticed, because most of the plots were foiled, but 2009 saw an unprecedented surge in terrorism events on U.S. soil. When analysts tally these events, they refer to anything from a disrupted plot to U.S. citizens traveling abroad to seek terrorism training or a lone gunman running amok in the U.S. And by the calculations of Rand Corp. expert Brian Jenkins, more terrorist threats were uncovered in the U.S. in 2009 than in any year since 2001.
"There appears to be an increase in [terrorist] activity in the U.S.," warns Jenkins, who calculates that there have been 32 terrorism-related events on these shores since 9/11 and that 12 of them occurred in 2009.

And 2001 saw the fewest domestic terrorism incidents. Feel safer...

Oh gee, the word 'domestic' magically jumped into the equation. I hope no one was hit by a moving goalpost.

Bush has been gone for nearly a year.... when will this administration take responsibility?

Never?

Oh gee, the word 'domestic' magically jumped into the equation. I hope no one was hit by a moving goalpost.

It was the subject of the prior posts NYCarbineer. You were aware of that, but couldn't resist a dodge instead of admiting you are wrong.

They? You mean the NSA, CIA, and NCTC? They are the ones calling it a communications failure. Yeah, I guess we shouldn't trust what they say should we...

Excuse me....wisen up....they say what they are told to say. Only a fool would believe otherwise.

So if they were told to say it was a communications failure? It wasn't a communications failure? Did the NSA and CIA contact NCTC? So wouldn't that put the problem at the feet of Leiter--a Bush appointee?

So, it appears to me that upon awakening today, the fortune cookie that you had with your beverage, contained the phrase " communications failure."

And, as is your wont, you have determined to use every combination and permutation of that phrase, no matter the subject.

Be aware, this lack of flexibility is not a sign of the well developed mind!

Now, back to your morning beverage.
The answer to this last question will determine whether you are drunk or suffer from some horrible mental debilitation: Was Mickey Mouse a cat or a dog?

This is the best obfuscation you could come up with?

No quibbling about the number of such events and the time of the Obama administration?

I guess I win, and you had to imbibe your barnyard terminology.

But I liked the goalpost thing.

It was the subject of the prior posts NYCarbineer. You were aware of that, but couldn't resist a dodge instead of admiting you are wrong.

Conveniently excluding the terrorist attacks on Americans for example in Iraq for 6 years that GW Bush needlessly put in harm's way...

"The botched Christmas Day bombing seems to have taught the Obama administration—if only belatedly—that when you’re in a hole, stop digging. Team Obama’s response to the incident aptly demonstrated why the president was correct to describe his administration’s handling of Umar Farouk Abdulmuttalab’s nearly successful effort to blow up Detroit-bound Northwest Airlines flight 253 as a “systemic failure,” “totally unacceptable,” and a “catastrophic” near miss. And the administration’s ham-handed statements and actions after that near miss only compounded the intelligence and security failures that led up to it.

As awareness grew of the enormity of the missteps involved in the security community’s failure to stop the young, wealthy, and well-connected Abdulmutallab from boarding the plane, Obama finally emerged from his secure compound in Hawaii—three days after the attack—to declare that a still-dysfunctional security system had brought the country to the edge of catastrophe. The president seemed to jolt his national-security team—most of whom, as far as the public was concerned, had gone missing in action after the incident—back to reality. Press secretary Robert Gibbs quickly dropped his happy-talk echoing of Napolitano and began discussing the flurry of “secure” telephone calls between the president and his national security team, CIA director Leon Panetta, and key members of the White House staff.

There may be a silver lining to this troubling affair. If it awakens the Obama administration to the threat that America faces, and if we begin to hear more about our war against “terrorists” rather than against “extremists,” it may well have been worth it. Happy New Year. It’s never too early to turn over a new leaf."
Obama's Near Miss by Judith Miller, City Journal 4 January 2010

No, he will not become competent, he is not with the economy, or with terrorism, he is an elitist, intellectual without an ounce of common sense.

So, it appears to me that upon awakening today, the fortune cookie that you had with your beverage, contained the phrase " communications failure."

And, as is your wont, you have determined to use every combination and permutation of that phrase, no matter the subject.

The answer to this last question will determine whether you are drunk or suffer from some horrible mental debilitation: Was Mickey Mouse a cat or a dog?

Ok. Both NSA and the CIA had information that they did not pass on to to NCTC and it was the failure within the NCTC that allowed the plot to get through. Now if not through communication how was NCTC supposed to act?

This is the best obfuscation you could come up with?

No quibbling about the number of such events and the time of the Obama administration?

I guess I win, and you had to imbibe your barnyard terminology.

But I liked the goalpost thing.

Your link is incoherent. One moment it's 'domestic' terrorism, the next it's events in Somalia and Pakistan.

And since the vast majority are FOILED attempts or plots, how exactly does that reflect negatively on Obama?

Ok. Both NSA and the CIA had information that they did not pass on to to NCTC and it was the failure within the NCTC that allowed the plot to get through. Now if not through communication how was NCTC supposed to act?

So, now you separate 'failure' and 'communication.'

Really inventive.

So, now you separate 'failure' and 'communication.'

Really inventive.

You ducked the question. If not through communication with other agencies how is NCTC supposed to act on the information those agencies are privy too?

Or so you have been told.

But the same ones who told you that also told you that the system worked perfectly on Christams Day...before criticism forced them to retract this statement...

The same people also blamed miscommunication and misappropriation regarding the stimulus on the website that cost them 18 million dollars to develop.

And the same people also said that GITMO would be closed by 12/31/09

And the same people spent millions of dollars on an ad IN SPANISH saying that McCain was against the legalizing of Mexican immigrants...and later apologized in a statement IN ENGLISH for misinforming the public....but, of course, only read it at a small press conference...but never released it to the markets where the ads KEPT ON RUNNING

So personally....I would like to know.....what makes you believe that they are using the exact same system that Bush used....becuase they said so?

Only a fool believes a secret is a secret when more than one knows. The truth always comes forth. It takes an open mind to recognize it when it does

Forum List

Back