Can President Obama Become Competent?

"The botched Christmas Day bombing seems to have taught the Obama administration—if only belatedly—that when you’re in a hole, stop digging. Team Obama’s response to the incident aptly demonstrated why the president was correct to describe his administration’s handling of Umar Farouk Abdulmuttalab’s nearly successful effort to blow up Detroit-bound Northwest Airlines flight 253 as a “systemic failure,” “totally unacceptable,” and a “catastrophic” near miss. And the administration’s ham-handed statements and actions after that near miss only compounded the intelligence and security failures that led up to it.

As awareness grew of the enormity of the missteps involved in the security community’s failure to stop the young, wealthy, and well-connected Abdulmutallab from boarding the plane, Obama finally emerged from his secure compound in Hawaii—three days after the attack—to declare that a still-dysfunctional security system had brought the country to the edge of catastrophe. The president seemed to jolt his national-security team—most of whom, as far as the public was concerned, had gone missing in action after the incident—back to reality. Press secretary Robert Gibbs quickly dropped his happy-talk echoing of Napolitano and began discussing the flurry of “secure” telephone calls between the president and his national security team, CIA director Leon Panetta, and key members of the White House staff.

There may be a silver lining to this troubling affair. If it awakens the Obama administration to the threat that America faces, and if we begin to hear more about our war against “terrorists” rather than against “extremists,” it may well have been worth it. Happy New Year. It’s never too early to turn over a new leaf."
Obama's Near Miss by Judith Miller, City Journal 4 January 2010

Fat chance. It will take more then one foiled attack to change decades of Liberal/Marxist/Communist upbringing to change this guy's mindset.

I don't think anything can or will change his mindset as he believes his mindset to be correct.

and that's his privilege as President of the USA....he will, on the other hand, be held accountable for that mindset by the American people.

"The botched Christmas Day bombing seems to have taught the Obama administration—if only belatedly—that when you’re in a hole, stop digging. Team Obama’s response to the incident aptly demonstrated why the president was correct to describe his administration’s handling of Umar Farouk Abdulmuttalab’s nearly successful effort to blow up Detroit-bound Northwest Airlines flight 253 as a “systemic failure,” “totally unacceptable,” and a “catastrophic” near miss. And the administration’s ham-handed statements and actions after that near miss only compounded the intelligence and security failures that led up to it.

As awareness grew of the enormity of the missteps involved in the security community’s failure to stop the young, wealthy, and well-connected Abdulmutallab from boarding the plane, Obama finally emerged from his secure compound in Hawaii—three days after the attack—to declare that a still-dysfunctional security system had brought the country to the edge of catastrophe. The president seemed to jolt his national-security team—most of whom, as far as the public was concerned, had gone missing in action after the incident—back to reality. Press secretary Robert Gibbs quickly dropped his happy-talk echoing of Napolitano and began discussing the flurry of “secure” telephone calls between the president and his national security team, CIA director Leon Panetta, and key members of the White House staff.

There may be a silver lining to this troubling affair. If it awakens the Obama administration to the threat that America faces, and if we begin to hear more about our war against “terrorists” rather than against “extremists,” it may well have been worth it. Happy New Year. It’s never too early to turn over a new leaf."

Fat chance. It will take more then one foiled attack to change decades of Liberal/Marxist/Communist upbringing to change this guy's mindset.

I don't think anything can or will change his mindset as he believes his mindset to be correct.

All I can say is that Bush and his possee kept this country safe for the 7 years following 9-11. They wer obviously doing something very right. OL'BO and his crew have kept some of Bush's policies but haven't kept them all. They need to get out of the Criminal mindset. These guys are TERRORISTS who's prime motivation is to kill us. Period. They can't be treated as common criminals. They are TERRORISTS. BO really needs to get his mind wrapped around that fact.

I can't blame this really on BHO and his can't shoot straight gang. What we have is more the result, I think, of what happens when political correctness trumps all. BHO may be taking it to a new level, but he certainly didn't invent it.

No doubt. 911 was a failure to connect the dots. This incident was a failure to connect the dots. Since it is communication protocol between security agencies that is clearly the culprit here the question begged is why the leaf was never turned over by anyone.

And I do like the fact that you see nomenclature as the problem...especially since clearly it had no effect on communication protocol in the past.

Do you realize that under President Obama, there have been more terrorism incidents than any year since 2001?

And do you realize that the communication protocol between security agencies was the same under Obama as it was under Bush?

EXCEPT the mindset is NOT the same. Obama declared there is no war and that we should not even use the term terror or terrorism. HIS mindset lead to the army Major killing all those people in Texas because no one wanted to question the man.

Low level people in any organization get the idea when told to go easy. When political correctness is more important then the job or protecting the people.

No doubt. 911 was a failure to connect the dots. This incident was a failure to connect the dots. Since it is communication protocol between security agencies that is clearly the culprit here the question begged is why the leaf was never turned over by anyone.

And I do like the fact that you see nomenclature as the problem...especially since clearly it had no effect on communication protocol in the past.

Do you realize that under President Obama, there have been more terrorism incidents than any year since 2001?

And do you realize that the communication protocol between security agencies was the same under Obama as it was under Bush?

and what was the prosecution fear factor under Bush. It was ZERO...under Obama...it's got to be at least 50 on a scale of 1 to 10. When you are threatened with prosecution for fighting terrorism with ALL of the resources at your disposal you learn to shut the fuck up and take long lunches.

and that's his privilege as President of the USA....he will, on the other hand, be held accountable for that mindset by the American people.

That's the American way. The American public held the GOP accountable in the last two elections and threw them out of office. This year's election will be interesting.

Or so you have been told.

But the same ones who told you that also told you that the system worked perfectly on Christams Day...before criticism forced them to retract this statement...

The same people also blamed miscommunication and misappropriation regarding the stimulus on the website that cost them 18 million dollars to develop.

And the same people also said that GITMO would be closed by 12/31/09

And the same people spent millions of dollars on an ad IN SPANISH saying that McCain was against the legalizing of Mexican immigrants...and later apologized in a statement IN ENGLISH for misinforming the public....but, of course, only read it at a small press conference...but never released it to the markets where the ads KEPT ON RUNNING

So personally....I would like to know.....what makes you believe that they are using the exact same system that Bush used....becuase they said so?

and what was the prosecution fear factor under Bush. It was ZERO...under Obama...it's got to be at least 50 on a scale of 1 to 10. When you are threatened with prosecution for fighting terrorism with ALL of the resources at your disposal you learn to shut the fuck up and take long lunches.

Why you say that? Do you think the Navy Seals that are going through a court marshall for ALLEGEDLY punching a killer in the tummy would NOT risk their lives again for this CIO?

Yes....sarcasm.

All I can say is that Bush and his possee kept this country safe for the 7 years following 9-11. They wer obviously doing something very right. OL'BO and his crew have kept some of Bush's policies but haven't kept them all. They need to get out of the Criminal mindset. These guys are TERRORISTS who's prime motivation is to kill us. Period. They can't be treated as common criminals. They are TERRORISTS. BO really needs to get his mind wrapped around that fact.

Obama is giving these terrorists exactly what they want. A guaranteed martyr's stage.

I can assume one or more of the following:

Ether he thinks Bush was right and decided not to change anything...after months of saying he would bring the change that was needed.

He's been ignoring the problem and needs to get his butt in gear.

Or he has changed alot of the procedures but you're just talking out of your backside.

I can assume one or more of the following:

Ether he thinks Bush was right and decided not to change anything...after months of saying he would bring the change that was needed.

He's been ignoring the problem and needs to get his butt in gear.

Or he has changed alot of the procedures but you're just talking out of your backside.

You assume a lot, fortunately your assumption only make an ass out of you and not me.

lets see the U.S. gets attacked at home, and that somehow makes them experts at defeating terrorism?Responsible is more like it![/B
Better change your anti American attitude or move because Obama will be President for 7 more years!

Last edited:
Obama is competant. If the full body scanners had been in place, this guy never would have been allowed on the plane.

Why weren't they in place? Go ahead, ask that question.

Because Republicans blocked funding. They feel these scanners are an, get this, an "invasion of privacy". This is the party of the Patriot Act and "spy on Americans" and "recorded phone calls" and they feel someone looking at your "kibbles and bits" is an "invasion of privacy? No wonder the entire world thinks they are as stupid and bag of rocks and more dangerous than al Queda. They ENABLE al Queda.

And Republicans keep saying they have no power.

Last I checked the ACLU is not a bastion of Republican power or ideology. And they have sided with the privacy issue, which by the way, DEMOCRATS side with also.

How many times do we have to remind your dumb fucking ass that the Demos have 60 VOTES in the Senate, nothing they want passed can be blocked by the Republicans and 257 VOTES in the house, where it only takes 218 votes to pass a bill. If a bill was defeated on full body scans under Obama it is DIRECTLY because the DEMOCRATS don't want it.

Actually, if you check with the ACLU, you will find approx. half their cases are for conservatives. You guys demonize everyone, even those that help you.

Like I said, as dumb as a bag of rocks and more dangerous than al Queda.

By the way, it the guy got on in a foriegn country, how is it "Obama's fault"?

And that still doesn't excuse that Republicans BLOCK funding for full body scanners.

Bag of rocks - al Q.

But the same ones who told you that also told you that the system worked perfectly on Christams Day...before criticism forced them to retract this statement...

The same people also blamed miscommunication and misappropriation regarding the stimulus on the website that cost them 18 million dollars to develop.

And the same people spent millions of dollars on an ad IN SPANISH saying that McCain was against the legalizing of Mexican immigrants...and later apologized in a statement IN ENGLISH for misinforming the public....but, of course, only read it at a small press conference...but never released it to the markets where the ads KEPT ON RUNNING

So personally....I would like to know.....what makes you believe that they are using the exact same system that Bush used....becuase they said so?

They? You mean the NSA, CIA, and NCTC? They are the ones calling it a communications failure. Yeah, I guess we shouldn't trust what they say should we...

They? You mean the NSA, CIA, and NCTC? They are the ones calling it a communications failure. Yeah, I guess we shouldn't trust what they say should we...

Excuse me....wisen up....they say what they are told to say. Only a fool would believe otherwise.

That and the price of apples...?

Please, don't force me to re-evaluate your intelligence, by arguing that the political environment is the same as it was under the previous administratin. No, it is vastly different.

Under President Bush, the government was not ready to hold hearings and bring charges against the CIA and those who successfully protected the nation. Others in uniform weren't said to have 'acted stupidly.'

Must we review the pronouncements about gitmo, and intensive interrogation techniques?

I notice that you didn't argue about my previous note that domestic terrorism has been a degree of magnitude greater under the Obama administration, than the previous.

Nor can you show any let-up in Al Qaeda build-up under this President, even after the full court bow and scrape performance.

Thus the use of the term 'competent.'

That and the price of apples...?

Please, don't force me to re-evaluate your intelligence, by arguing that the political environment is the same as it was under the previous administratin. No, it is vastly different.

Under President Bush, the government was not ready to hold hearings and bring charges against the CIA and those who successfully protected the nation. Others in uniform weren't said to have 'acted stupidly.'

Must we review the pronouncements about gitmo, and intensive interrogation techniques?

I notice that you didn't argue about my previous note that domestic terrorism has been a degree of magnitude greater under the Obama administration, than the previous.

Nor can you show any let-up in Al Qaeda build-up under this President, even after the full court bow and scrape performance.

Thus the use of the term 'competent.'

Bravo.

That would be bullshit. Not to mention, why would we conveniently exclude 2001?

Forum List

Back