Can Jesus be funny?

Dixie

Jan 10, 2010
Nashville
Comedy Central is being assailed for a show in production that hasn't even aired yet. The issue? Apparently, the show will find humor in mocking Jesus. Sooo...Where's the beef?

Should anything be off limits when it comes to humor? Nope! Each of us brings our own perspective to humor and we all have our lists of topics we're never going to find funny. I know I have my own list! But, that doesn't mean I'd censor what others are entertained by. Comedy Central caved under pressure from Muslim groups over an earlier venture that mocked Mohammed and never aired the planned program. Here's hoping CC doesn't make the same mistake with this one. In general, I much prefer being occasionally offended to any erosion of our 1st Amendment rights.

Comedy Central is being assailed for a show in production that hasn't even aired yet. The issue? Apparently, the show will find humor in mocking Jesus. Sooo...Where's the beef?

Should anything be off limits when it comes to humor? Nope! Each of us brings our own perspective to humor and we all have our lists of topics we're never going to find funny. I know I have my own list! But, that doesn't mean I'd censor what others are entertained by. Comedy Central caved under pressure from Muslim groups over an earlier venture that mocked Mohammed and never aired the planned program. Here's hoping CC doesn't make the same mistake with this one. In general, I much prefer being occasionally offended to any erosion of our 1st Amendment rights.

What exactly is new here? Comedy Central already has South Park, and they mock ANYBODY and EVERYBODY on that show, including Jesus. I'm sure Comedy Central will do whatever benefits them the most. If making this into a controversy and canceling the show to make headlines benefits them, then that's exactly what they'll do.

Rick

Should anything be off limits when it comes to humor? Nope! .

The Xtian Talibornagains disagree. They're just as bad as the Afghan Taliban

Should anything be off limits when it comes to humor? Nope! .

The Xtian Talibornagains disagree. They're just as bad as the Afghan Taliban

I'm going to agree with you on this. Not too long ago, I wrote on my blog about my belief that evangelical Christians who would have us become a theocracy are of much more danger to our way of lives than is any terrorist group...Public enemy #1, imo.

If you actually read the text, he was a pretty good comedian himself. He liked really bad puns and liked telling silly stories to get his point across.

And he himself was a master of sarcasm, irony and satire. The Good Samaritan story demonstrates all these.

Jesus can be funny as hell

He is the type of guy you would want to sit down and have a couple of beers with

Jesus can be funny as hell

He is the type of guy you would want to sit down and have a couple of beers with

A guy who can turn water into wine is a good friend to have at a wedding

Nope, everyone is fair game, well 'cept Allah, cuz well his followers will kill you if you make jokes.

Forum List

Back