comic Urinates on Jesus Painting

Pissing people off is what LD does best.

Looks like he hit his mark with this one.

What's funny to me is most of the dopey libs here would be freaking out at Larry if he had pissed on a picture of Mohammed. They would be using that opportunity to bash Christians.

You know and I know it. We all know it. :lol:

Nevermind the outrage from the Muslims. Larry would have to go into hiding and his life would probably be in danger.

Remember the Mohammed bomb head? :rolleyes:

I enjoy Curb your Enthusiasm.

But even as an atheist, I think it crosses the line of decency

What's funny to me is most of the dopey libs here would be freaking out at Larry if he had pissed on a picture of Mohammed.

I'm calling Bullshit.

I can't think of ONE single lib here that would be reacting any differently if it were muhammed. Not one.

You FAIL.

Maybe TV need to add a new content abbreviation.

They have "L" for language and "S" for sexual content, how about "B" for blaspheme so viewers could be warned ahead of thime.

where is the muslim outrage, they believe no prophet is better than other prophets....but no outrage anytime someone does something vile with an image of jesus....

i have a feeling if he pissed on muhammad liberals would be saying...how dare he piss off the muslim world....just like most of them said about the dutch cartoons....

liberals = hypocrites

Yurt...are you outraged that a picture of Jesus was pissed on?

no....it think its stupid, but outrage....no, its not even a real picture of jesus....

That is disgusting and rude. I don't find that kind of humor, humorous at all whether it is Jesus, Muhammed, Buddha or anyone at all.
Strange, from what I know of Buddhism that sort of comedy is actually considered acceptable. By that I mean mocking religious figures. Must be the whole Monkey King influence from the classic Journey to the West

I can however tell you why he used Christ as opposed to Mohamed. Because he wouldn't make as many viewers upset, and the Islamic fanatics would want him crucified for such sacrilege.

What's funny to me is most of the dopey libs here would be freaking out at Larry if he had pissed on a picture of Mohammed.

I'm calling Bullshit.

I can't think of ONE single lib here that would be reacting any differently if it were muhammed. Not one.

You FAIL.

Oh well.

Libs will use any opportunity to spin. This type of thing is tailor made for them. :lol:

They would never pass up an chance like this.

Comedian Larry David is under attack from critics who say he pushed the mocking of religion and Christian belief in miracles over the edge in the latest episode of his HBO series "Curb Your Enthusiasm."

On the show's most recent installment, which aired Sunday, David urinates on a painting of Jesus Christ, causing a woman to believe the painting depicts Jesus crying.

Deal Hudson, author and publisher of InsideCatholic.com, said he doesn't find any humor in the episode.

"I don't think it's funny," Hudson told Foxnews.com. "Why is it that people are allowed to publicly show that level of disrespect for Christian symbols? If the same thing was done to a symbol of any other religions -- Jewish or Muslim -- there'd be a huge outcry. It's simply not a level playing field."

Hudson said an apology from the show's producers and writing team should be issued.

"Somebody should [apologize]," Hudson said. "When is it going to stop? When is common sense going to dictate that people realize this willingness of artists to do to Christianity what they would never do to Judaism or Islam?"

In a statement to Foxnews.com, HBO downplayed the controversy.

"Anyone who follows Curb Your Enthusiasm knows that the show is full of parody and satire," the statement read. "Larry David makes fun of everyone, most especially himself. The humor is always playful and certainly never malicious."

Bill Donohue, president of the Catholic League, also criticized the episode, saying David should "quit while he's ahead," and that the show is proof that the comedian's best years are behind him.

"Was Larry David always this crude? Would he think it's comedic if someone urinated on a picture of his mother?" Donohue said in a statement. "This might be fun to watch, but since HBO only likes to dump on Catholics (it was just a couple of weeks ago that Sarah Silverman insulted Catholics on 'Real Time with Bill Maher') and David is Jewish, we'll never know."

During Sunday's episode, David, who created, wrote and produced "Seinfeld," visits a bathroom in his assistant's home and splatters urine on a picture of Jesus. Instead of wiping it off, David leaves the restroom. Minutes later, David's assistant enters the bathroom and concludes that Jesus is crying. She then summons her mother to the bathroom, where both women kneel in prayer.

"When David and Jerry Seinfeld (playing himself) are asked if they ever experienced a miracle, David answers, 'every erection is a miracle,' Donohue's statement continued. "That's what passes for creativity these days."

The episode, "The Bare Midriff," primarily revolves around David's assistant and her belly-revealing attire. According to the show's Web site, a "new pill" increased David's urine flow, leading to the "misunderstanding about a miraculously weeping Jesus."

HBO promoted the controversial scene on the show's site, complete with a "squirm-o-meter" that ranked the urine incident ahead of David's confronting his assistant about her exposed midriff.

[URL="http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2009/10/28/catholic-league-blasts-larry-david-curb-episode-urinates-jesus/"]link[/URL]

just another example of our corrupt and decayed society

that was a hilarious episode, if any religion should be offended by Curb Your Enthusiasm it should be Judaism because The caricature Larry David plays of himself embodies pretty much every stereotype put out regarding Jewish people, and the scene had the picture getting accidentally splashed when Larry took a leak making it look like Jesus was crying and it made the crazy lady that lived in the house think it was a miracle, very funny.

I'm calling Bullshit.

You FAIL.

mohammed is a fictional character and the koran is a book written by man to control others just like the bible is.

That is disgusting and rude. I don't find that kind of humor, humorous at all whether it is Jesus, Muhammed, Buddha or anyone at all.
Strange, from what I know of Buddhism that sort of comedy is actually considered acceptable. By that I mean mocking religious figures. Must be the whole Monkey King influence from the classic Journey to the West

I can however tell you why he used Christ as opposed to Mohamed. Because he wouldn't make as many viewers upset, and the Islamic fanatics would want him crucified for such sacrilege.

he used christ because christ fits the story line, you see many nutty appearances of jesus or the virgin mary in burnt toast and water damaged doors and crying statues that christians flock to in order to witness a miracle, not really a muslim thing.

No kidding!

But, I think there are a few Christians here that would crucify him right now if they could.

I don't find that kind of thing humorous and if he did what was portrayed in the OP in a performance that I had attended, I probably would have walked out. I find it gross and rude. I'm sure there are some that would find it funny and not just because of who's picture it was.

Immie

that was a hilarious episode, if any religion should be offended by Curb Your Enthusiasm it should be Judaism because The caricature Larry David plays of himself embodies pretty much every stereotype put out regarding Jewish people, and the scene had the picture getting accidentally splashed when Larry took a leak making it look like Jesus was crying and it made the crazy lady that lived in the house think it was a miracle, very funny.

he used christ because christ fits the story line, you see many nutty appearances of jesus or the virgin mary in burnt toast and water damaged doors and crying statues that christians flock to in order to witness a miracle, not really a muslim thing.

I can see where what you are describing would be funny with the woman thinking it is a miracle. The line of the joke would be funny... but I still think urine was a bit tasteless.

The "miracle" part would not have worked for any other faith.

Immie

Last edited:
It's one thing to question mysticism, but to do that is an insult.

Another insult is that they made Jesus look like this:

Considering what part of the world he came from, he probably looked more like this:

Can you not make points with words?

Ok,

It's insulting to those in the Middle East to make Jesus white, with slightly wavy light brown or blond hair with a Nordic profile and blue eyes.

Considering where he came from, he would have black hair, possibly tightly curled, dark skin, dark brown eyes, he would be short and wearing robes like a dirty wizard.

How's that?

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol:

That show fuck'n rules!

threads merged

i agree with ya Mani....Larry has made fun of just about everyone and everything.....if those priest thought the show is so bad....why were they tuning in.....because the show is hilarious....thats why...of course until Larry hits their cash cow....then its not so funny....

I'm calling Bullshit.

You FAIL.

mohammed is a fictional character and the koran is a book written by man to control others just like the bible is.
Doh!!! That right there is fightin' words.

That would get you stoned, burned and it would subject your family to terrorism and honor killings.

Forum List

Back