Gay student to Jerry Seinfeld...you can be funny...if you change your jokes...or else...

I don't know what happened with Jerry Seinfeld. After his show went off the air, he dropped off the face of the earth for about ten years. When he came back I just scratched my head and said....I used to think that was funny?

I think that's a problem with ALL comedians. They are only funny in their own time.

For instance, Mel Brooks was freakin' hilarious in the 1970's and even into the 1980's.

By the 1990's, his schtick was getting stale.

And I think that was the case with most comedians. They have a shorter lifespan than even actresses. For instance, the Marx Brothers were the big thing in the 1930's, but they were old by the 1940's. Abbot and Costello were big in the 1940's, but they were old by the 1950's.
Jerry Lewis is timeless

Those straws up the nose never gets old

Last edited:
There is a growing list of comedians that won't do college campuses. It is a risk that people don't need to take.

Or not. frankly, College Campuses aren't the most lucrative venues to start with. College kids don't have any money.

Beyond that, I think a lot of you just forget what it was like to be a college kid. College kids thought everything was SO DAMNED SERIOUS! It was that way when I went to college in the 1980's, I'm sure it's that way now.

College kids take themselves seriously, nobody with any real life experience takes them seriously.

Comedians are smart to stay away from the little shits.

College kids take themselves seriously, nobody with any real life experience takes them seriously.

perhaps. Doesn't make what I said less true, though. I think a lot of people forget what they were like when they were that age.

Maybe. But Comedians also have to stay current. The thing is, while Jerry was "funny" in the 1990's, what has he done lately?

Meanwhile, guys like Colbert or Stewart have managed to build effective audiences.

perhaps. Doesn't make what I said less true, though. I think a lot of people forget what they were like when they were that age.

Maybe. But Comedians also have to stay current. The thing is, while Jerry was "funny" in the 1990's, what has he done lately?

Meanwhile, guys like Colbert or Stewart have managed to build effective audiences.

Colbert and Stewart are not funny. Brian Regan, Dan Friesen, Jim Gaffigan, they are funny.

Dear Mr. Seinfeld,

I'm one of the self-righteous, perpetually-offended hair trigger Social Justice Warriors you avoid like the plague. Since you're unwilling to come to my breeding grounds and provide me with sufficient stimulus to throw a world class tantrum, I'm reduced to throwing one remotely.

Come here so that I can be a victim! Let me rage against your politically incorrect humour! Come here now now now now now NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW!
23e3577b4ebdad5df35473600c0552be93ebb3b.gif

Yours Sincerely,

Future Political Leader

Colbert and Stewart are not funny. Brian Regan, Dan Friesen, Jim Gaffigan, they are funny.

By not funny, you mean, "point out how full of shit the Right wing is"?

Because they are funny.

No, even when they poke fun at the left they aren't funny. It reminds me of Spongebob comedy. Not funny and moronic. It figures you would like moronic.

Seinfeld was nothing without his sidekicks on his tv show. Now that he is on his own...he sucks even worse. He's the type of guy that needs sidekicks.
i agree the other people did a lot for the humor of the show....
In retrospect it looks like the comedy of Larry David had a bigger influence than the comedy of Jerry Seinfeld

Forum List

Back