McDonald's TV ad featuring gay teen goes viral

sangha

Jun 1, 2010

McDonald's TV ad featuring gay teen

A gay-friendly TV advertisement from McDonald's is being praised after going viral online.

The 45-second spot, which has only aired in France, features a teenage boy talking on the phone with an unseen love interest from his school as his father orders from a McDonald's cashier. The boy hangs up when his father approaches with a tray of hamburgers, and his father mentions that it's "too bad your class is all boys, you could get all the girls."

The son smiles subtly at the camera, and the ad ends with the tagline, "Venez comme vous etes" — which translates "Come as you are."

By Wednesday afternoon, a week after being posted to YouTube, the ad had garnered more than 600,000 views.

"We wanted to show society the way it is today, without judging: there's obviously no problem with homosexuality in France today," Nathalie Legarlantezec, a spokeswoman for McDonald's, told French media.

It's the fast food giant's first ad featuring a homosexual character, and one leading Canadian gay-rights group said it welcomes the message.

Read more: McDonald's TV ad featuring gay teen goes viral

I wonder how the american talibornagains will react to this? (Actually, I think we all KNOW what they will say)

A gay-friendly TV advertisement from McDonald's is being praised after going viral online.

The 45-second spot, which has only aired in France, features a teenage boy talking on the phone with an unseen love interest from his school as his father orders from a McDonald's cashier. The boy hangs up when his father approaches with a tray of hamburgers, and his father mentions that it's "too bad your class is all boys, you could get all the girls."

The son smiles subtly at the camera, and the ad ends with the tagline, "Venez comme vous etes" — which translates "Come as you are."

By Wednesday afternoon, a week after being posted to YouTube, the ad had garnered more than 600,000 views.

"We wanted to show society the way it is today, without judging: there's obviously no problem with homosexuality in France today," Nathalie Legarlantezec, a spokeswoman for McDonald's, told French media.

It's the fast food giant's first ad featuring a homosexual character, and one leading Canadian gay-rights group said it welcomes the message.

I wonder how the american talibornagains will react to this? (Actually, I think we all KNOW what they will say)

Strange, all these years I just assumed Ronald and the Hamburgler were both gay, and don't even get e started on Grimace.

Who knows? Maybe they'll get as hysterical as the gay right's activists did over Mr T and Snicker's Get Some Nuts ad.

Talibornagains.....consider that Name stolen! :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Forum List

Back