Can anyone post a quote of Newt...

Clinton is not running for president. And when he was president, he never said a word about Newt's many adulterous affairs.

Nothing like right wing "morals and family values".
However this thread is pertinent for a reason deany. Look where the focus of the left is whilst they still champion one that did it IN the Oval Office...and they still pay him handsomely to hear him speak.

Just as soon as Newt has an adulterous relationship with a young girl while serving as President, I will be the first to demand an investigation.

monica was over 21...she wasn't a "young girl".

and what on earth do you think calista was? hack.

:eusa_eh:Hack? the two aren't comparable

Clinton admits misleading testimony, avoids charges in Lewinsky probe
President's law license suspended for 5 years

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- President Clinton will leave office free of the prospect of criminal charges after he admitted Friday that he knowingly gave misleading testimony about his affair with Monica Lewinsky in a 1998 lawsuit.

Independent Counsel Robert Ray

Under an agreement with Independent Counsel Robert Ray, Clinton's law license will be suspended for five years and he will pay a $25,000 fine to Arkansas bar officials. He also gave up any claim to repayment of his legal fees in the matter. In return, Ray will end the 7-year-old Whitewater probe that has shadowed most of Clinton's two terms
CNN.com - Clinton admits misleading testimony, avoids charges in Lewinsky probe - January 19, 2001

If the complaints against Clinton involved merely his affair with Monica Lewinsky, likely it would not have gone anywhere. Clinton lied about the affair. Lied under oath. Lied specifically to affect the outcome of the Paula Jones case against him. That's what made his conduct reprehensible. Not that he had sex or who with. That's why he as impeached and disbarred.

Nearly 3 pages and no quotes.

It's like when the NYT's was so desperate to find dirt on Palin they enlisted their readers to dig through the documents for them. Ultimately coming up empty handed.

Nearly 3 pages and no quotes.

It's like when the NYT's was so desperate to find dirt on Palin they enlisted their readers to dig through the documents for them. Ultimately coming up empty handed.

It doesn't matter. We all know the intent.

Besides...ANY thread that keeps a very bright light lit up on Gingrich's casual relationship to ethical behavior is worth bumping.

Mal - help me understand the OP intent. Are you suggesting the absence of a quote derails the hypocrisy accusations?

Oh, c'mon don't go ruining mal's "gotcha" moment...He's desperate! :lol:

As if that toad Gingrinch would actually appear and speak in those smear ads his organization orchestrated, right.........? Riiight, nothing to see here... :lol:

Newt as house speaker led the investigation in the Clowntoon scandals.

NOOO, I believe Newt was after him for "lying under oath." Different!

imagesCACM6JOW.jpg

...criticizing Clinton on Infidelity in Marriage?...

:)

peace...

Which of the Clintons are you referencing??? Bill or the First Lady, Hillary?
SNIP:

Inevitably, this intimate gesture added fuel to rumours that they were - or at least had been - romantically involved. After all, Bill Clinton had been seeking his pleasures elsewhere - so why not Hillary?

Read more: The man who knew too much? The truth about the death of Hillary Clinton's close friend Vince Foster | Mail Online

Last edited:
Monica was like a breath of fresh air after all the stinks the Clintons brought with them from Arkansas. there were so many intertwined stinks it was hard to keep track of them all. Whitewater, castle grande, Madison Guarantee, the weird Buddhist temple.....

when Monica distracted everyone people forgot what had been festering ever since the Clintons arrived in DC.

Monica was like a breath of fresh air after all the stinks the Clintons brought with them from Arkansas. there were so many intertwined stinks it was hard to keep track of them all. Whitewater, castle grande, Madison Guarantee, the weird Buddhist temple.....

when Monica distracted everyone people forgot what had been festering ever since the Clintons arrived in DC.

Cecile1200 - are you going to scold BM? He didn't quote Newt.

:eusa_whistle:

Newt Gingrich rewrites history of role in Clinton impeachment - The Plum Line - The Washington Post

Gingrich now claims that his criticism of Clinton at the time was “not about personal behavior.” But this is a fairly clear distortion. In reality, in the late 1990s, Gingrich played an ongoing game in which he frequently insisted that the law was his primary concern, even as he simultaneously made the case that Clinton’s personal conduct constituted morally reprehensible behavior.
For instance, in an article for Human Events in 1998 (via Nexis), Gingrich made the high-minded claim that impeachment was all about law and the Constitution, but then he added:
“Around the world today, the institution of the presidency has been degraded to the point that it is viewed as the rough equivalent of the Jerry Springer show -- a level of disrespect and decadence that should appall every American.”

Newt Gingrich rewrites history of role in Clinton impeachment - The Plum Line - The Washington Post

Gingrich now claims that his criticism of Clinton at the time was “not about personal behavior.” But this is a fairly clear distortion. In reality, in the late 1990s, Gingrich played an ongoing game in which he frequently insisted that the law was his primary concern, even as he simultaneously made the case that Clinton’s personal conduct constituted morally reprehensible behavior.
For instance, in an article for Human Events in 1998 (via Nexis), Gingrich made the high-minded claim that impeachment was all about law and the Constitution, but then he added:
“Around the world today, the institution of the presidency has been degraded to the point that it is viewed as the rough equivalent of the Jerry Springer show -- a level of disrespect and decadence that should appall every American.”

Close... But not there. :thup:

peace...

Mal - help me understand the OP intent. Are you suggesting the absence of a quote derails the hypocrisy accusations?

Yes.

Newt didn't go after Infidelity... He went after Felony Perjory and Abuse of Power. :thup:

That's why noone has Provided a Quote.

peace...

Newt was opposed to a Clinton impeachment and held out to the bitter end. I guess now we might have an incling as to why.

I would say that Newt's personal life is a less than ideal model of fidelity and family values and I am not sure how/if that crosses over into job capability. What I don't see is remorse. Of course, I don't know the man up close and personal, but I just don't sense that he understands the depth of pain betrayal causes and havoc wreaked when a spouse cheats.

Unless he speaks openly and honestly about his lies and betrayal, I'd prefer he stay out of the family values and marriage business.

Forum List

Back