Can anyone post a quote of Newt...

Newt attacks Romney on the amount of taxes Romney pays.

Newt was fined for evading taxes while he was Speaker.

Newt attacks Clinton for an affair and runs ads one week before an election raising the sex scandal.

Newt has an affair at the same time as Clinton and expresses outrage his affair is brought up just before a primary.

Newt says the impeachment was about lying and not the sex scandal (which is like saying the Civil War was about "states rights" and not slavery) and that Clinton can't be above the law.

Newt was busted for lying to Congress, and then refused to resign.

Newt says Dodd and Frank should be in prison for their connections to GSE lobbyists.

Newt worked for Fredde Mac's top lobbyist for seven years.

Seriously. How much of this asshole's bongwater are you going to keep drinking?

Last edited:

Newt was fined for evading taxes.

Newt attacks Clinton for an affair and runs ads one week before an election raising the sex scandal.

Newt has an affair at the same time as Clinton and expresses outrage his affair is brought up just before a primary.

Newt says the impeachment was about lying. Which is like saying the Civil War was about "states rights".

Newt says Dodd and Frank should be in prison for their connections to GSE lobbyists.

Commie Propaganda....none of that can be true can it?

Just as soon as Newt has an adulterous relationship with a young girl while serving as President, I will be the first to demand an investigation.

That was a Republican President.

Nan Britton

In 1927, Nan Britton published a book which would later become a best-seller. Her book titled "The Presidents Daughter" gave a detailed account of a six year long sexual affair Nan Britton had had with President Harding. Nana Britton was born in Ohio. She explains that her fascination with President Harding dated back to the time she was a freshmen in High school.
When the affair began, Nana Britton was 20 and Harding was in his fifties. Britton eventually gave birth to a daughter in 1919 - Harding took up his responsibility as the father and began to pay child support.

1z3p4wy.jpg

Mr. Speaker, did you ask your wife for an open marriage?

kbesme.jpg

You fucking pig. I AM APPALLED YOU WOULD BRING UP MY COMPLETE LACK OF FAMILY VALUES!!!

5ow5nc.jpg

(rednecks hoot and applaud madly)

34hdw95.jpg

Holy shit! That worked?!?

1z3p4wy.jpg

We did not originate the story.

15ouj38.jpg

DROP THESE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE SANCTITY OF MARRIAGE! WHAT DO YOU THINK I AM...A REPUBLICAN?!?!?

1z3p4wy.jpg

Whatever.

sy4baw.jpg

Let's move on to more important matters, like what other people do in their bedrooms.

Newt says the impeachment was about lying. Which is like saying the Civil War was about "states rights".

Every bit of it.

Newt's supporters really need to stop flapping their greasy lips and start using their brains.

Just as soon as Newt has an adulterous relationship with a young girl while serving as President, I will be the first to demand an investigation.

That was a Republican President.

Nan Britton

In 1927, Nan Britton published a book which would later become a best-seller. Her book titled "The Presidents Daughter" gave a detailed account of a six year long sexual affair Nan Britton had had with President Harding. Nana Britton was born in Ohio. She explains that her fascination with President Harding dated back to the time she was a freshmen in High school.
When the affair began, Nana Britton was 20 and Harding was in his fifties. Britton eventually gave birth to a daughter in 1919 - Harding took up his responsibility as the father and began to pay child support.

All those unatributed sources in the book G500 is refering to do not have quotes from the newt himself. Given his glass house, I would expect him to be very very very quiet

It does look to me that the folks voting in the primary today had enough of the sleaze and punished those who wanted to harm newt by voting for him.

Which, as it seemed to work well for Clinton in 98, may have been what newt was counting on. When it comes to actual principle, he doesn't seem to have any. When it comes to a Republican agenda, she seems to prefer that of the Democrats.

It looks like this is the future the Republicans are facing
Amphib194.jpg

Since when has Newt = Warren Harding?

Last edited:
As are the people who's unttributed quotes you are using. You are giving us unatributed quotes from a book that is obviously a hatchet job. The goal here is to provide one attributed statement by the newt. And so far no one has found one.

Amphib194.jpg

You got less than nothing

For those of you who think you are clever by saying Newt didn't attack Clinton for his extramarital affair and that he really attacked him for perjury, I have told you countless times that Newt was the only Speaker in US history who was fined for lying to Congress.

So no matter how you approach him, he's a fucking hypocrite.

But as far as Newt and Lewinsky and Clinton goes:
But whatever his political miscalculations, Gingrich was also personally incapable of letting Clinton off the hook. It has long been his belief that the Democratic Party as a whole is a corrupt and corrupting force in American politics, and Clinton was its Mephistophelian master. Still bearing the scars of his own ethics troubles two years earlier, Gingrich could not imagine that the President would not suffer a far bloodier punishment for his misconduct. He was, say those close to him, "obsessed" with the Lewinsky affair. "You sit in meetings, and you just watch. He's crazed about it," says one who was there. And so Gingrich was both unable and unwilling to keep his most murderous members in line. The more Bob Barr, the impeachment-fixated House member from Georgia, appeared on TV, the more voters were persuaded the Republicans had only one agenda.

Fall of the house of Newt - November 16, 1998

Gingrich was always blaming the Democratic party of the degradation of society, going so are as blaming that party for a widely publicized case at the time of a mother who killed her own children.

So it just galled him to no end when he was busted for being a tax evader and lying to Congress.

When he sits there self-righteous indignation today saying that impeached Clinton because "he should not be above the law", he is hoping you are too ignorant to know that he refused to resign after being caught breaking the law himself.

But karma has a way getting justice. He finally resigned after he was caught having an affair of his own. His own party ejected him for his stinking hypocrisy.

He was the biggest hypocrite to come down the pike in a very long time.

I know you guys think you are clever asking for evidence of events which occured at the dawn of the Internet age.

Well, here you go:
Gingrich Orchestrated GOP Ads Recalling Clinton-Lewinsky Affair

Not only is your hero a raging hypocrite, he's a coward. He hid behind TV ads to attack Clinton's affair:

The GOP's multimillion dollar ad campaign invoking President Clinton's relationship with Monica S. Lewinsky was devised by House Speaker Newt Gingrich (R-Ga.) and tested before more than three dozen groups of likely voters before Republicans unleashed the assault, party sources said yesterday.

In reviving the presidential sex scandal just one week before Election Day, Gingrich and his chief strategists aimed to energize their most loyal supporters, whose enthusiasm appeared to be waning after House conservatives lost the budget fight and the Clinton scandal fell off the front pages.

But Democratic leaders -- and even some Republicans speaking privately -- say the last-minute ad gamble and media stir it has caused may well backfire.

"Our polling shows this increases Democratic intensity," said White House political director Craig Smith.

In April, Gingrich told supporters,[]b "I will never again, as long as I am speaker, make a speech without commenting on this topic,"[/b] referring to the presidential scandal.

It did backfire. Big-time:

The next morning Gingrich held a gripe session by conference call, letting others vent about everything: the Republicans' utter absence of a message, the Democrats' lethally effective get-out-the-vote effort. "They were unbelievable," one of the leaders said to Newt. "They kicked our ass on the ground." Gingrich was mostly quiet. He listened. "He was in a state of shock," says one participant. It was different an hour later during the "listen only" conference call with members. This time Newt talked a lot, but he made no sense. He blamed the election on the unions, on black turnout driven by scare-tactic radio ads, on the fact that the Senate had failed to take up the House's $80 billion tax cut, and of course on the media for hyping the Monica scandal and blotting out the Republican message. Said one member who listened in: "It was very lame and not credible. He just doesn't get it. He's the problem. I don't see how you get over this bump in the road without getting rid of him."

Newt's hypocrisy cost him the Speaker position.

And did you notice he launched the sex scandal ads one week before election? And then at the debate this week in South Carolina he says he had never seen anything so despicable as his affair being raised just before the primary!!!

He is one giant fucking douche.

But go ahead. Keep drinking his piss.
:clap2:

Ok, Lakhota, Paperview. Where are your Newt Quotes from the man himself.

And since when has uxoriousness been a qualification? Back in Kennedy's time? In Clinton's time?

I don't know the why of the lefty animosity toward Newt. Policy wise he is the one with the greatest leftward drift.

Rhetoric is something else of course. And the issue of rhetoric vs reality is one that follows him around like Jimmy Bliftsk's personal rain cloud

In the 1990's when I was a couple of notches to the left of where I am now, I pretty nearly despised Gingrich -- from about the time that there was a story in the news about someone who cut a fetus out of a woman's belly. Newt's kneejerk response was something along the lines of how that crime was a commentary on America's seething welfare underclass.

I'm not sure how close to the actual wording there -- I've tried to find the story again to check the exact wording and have failed so I might be searching for the wrong words -- but I'll never forget how that made me feel. People were in pain, a woman was dead, and he was talking partisan b.s., and if I remember right it turned out that the criminals weren't even on welfare. Not a milligram of empathy from Newt.

In the movie The American President, Annette Bening's character says, "How do you have patience for people who claim they love America but clearly can't stand Americans?" When I heard that, I immediately thought of Gingrich.

And I still hear shades of that in some of his more recent quotes.

If I were still in the general vicinity of "independent", Newt would be a tough sell for me. I'd probably vote for Obama.

Edit: Found the Gingrich quote. Posted it here - http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/204439-1995-the-year-i-learned-to-despise-newt-gingrich.html

Newt has been in the public spotlight since the day he was first elected to office in the early 80's. He's been there ever since.

He has a vast and expanding understanding of the American experience and it includes our national history, the backdrop of world history, the cause effect relationship of the actions of our precedents and the possible consequences of our current actions.

I've got a feeling that the comment you remember was in a political context and he made a political comment as a political actor in a political setting.

Given the way Newt speaks, it's very likely that he made more references to more ideas and more situations than just that one in that statement. I, too, would like to hear the whole thing.

Nothing happens or exists in a vacuum in today's politics. Everything costs money and so everything has at least two topics contained within it.

Judging any person by one comment is like throwing a pinch of salt on a table and calling it a cake.

For those of you who think you are clever by saying Newt didn't attack Clinton for his extramarital affair and that he really attacked him for perjury, I have told you countless times that Newt was the only Speaker in US history who was fined for lying to Congress.

So no matter how you approach him, he's a fucking hypocrite.

But as far as Newt and Lewinsky and Clinton goes:
But whatever his political miscalculations, Gingrich was also personally incapable of letting Clinton off the hook. It has long been his belief that the Democratic Party as a whole is a corrupt and corrupting force in American politics, and Clinton was its Mephistophelian master. Still bearing the scars of his own ethics troubles two years earlier, Gingrich could not imagine that the President would not suffer a far bloodier punishment for his misconduct. He was, say those close to him, "obsessed" with the Lewinsky affair. "You sit in meetings, and you just watch. He's crazed about it," says one who was there. And so Gingrich was both unable and unwilling to keep his most murderous members in line. The more Bob Barr, the impeachment-fixated House member from Georgia, appeared on TV, the more voters were persuaded the Republicans had only one agenda.

Gingrich was always blaming the Democratic party of the degradation of society, going so are as blaming that party for a widely publicized case at the time of a mother who killed her own children.

So it just galled him to no end when he was busted for being a tax evader and lying to Congress.

When he sits there self-righteous indignation today saying that impeached Clinton because "he should not be above the law", he is hoping you are too ignorant to know that he refused to resign after being caught breaking the law himself.

But karma has a way getting justice. He finally resigned after he was caught having an affair of his own. His own party ejected him for his stinking hypocrisy.

He was the biggest hypocrite to come down the pike in a very long time.

I know you guys think you are clever asking for evidence of events which occured at the dawn of the Internet age.

Well, here you go:
Gingrich Orchestrated GOP Ads Recalling Clinton-Lewinsky Affair

Not only is your hero a raging hypocrite, he's a coward. He hid behind TV ads to attack Clinton's affair:

The GOP's multimillion dollar ad campaign invoking President Clinton's relationship with Monica S. Lewinsky was devised by House Speaker Newt Gingrich (R-Ga.) and tested before more than three dozen groups of likely voters before Republicans unleashed the assault, party sources said yesterday.

In reviving the presidential sex scandal just one week before Election Day, Gingrich and his chief strategists aimed to energize their most loyal supporters, whose enthusiasm appeared to be waning after House conservatives lost the budget fight and the Clinton scandal fell off the front pages.

But Democratic leaders -- and even some Republicans speaking privately -- say the last-minute ad gamble and media stir it has caused may well backfire.

"Our polling shows this increases Democratic intensity," said White House political director Craig Smith.

In April, Gingrich told supporters,[]b "I will never again, as long as I am speaker, make a speech without commenting on this topic,"[/b] referring to the presidential scandal.

It did backfire. Big-time:

The next morning Gingrich held a gripe session by conference call, letting others vent about everything: the Republicans' utter absence of a message, the Democrats' lethally effective get-out-the-vote effort. "They were unbelievable," one of the leaders said to Newt. "They kicked our ass on the ground." Gingrich was mostly quiet. He listened. "He was in a state of shock," says one participant. It was different an hour later during the "listen only" conference call with members. This time Newt talked a lot, but he made no sense. He blamed the election on the unions, on black turnout driven by scare-tactic radio ads, on the fact that the Senate had failed to take up the House's $80 billion tax cut, and of course on the media for hyping the Monica scandal and blotting out the Republican message. Said one member who listened in: "It was very lame and not credible. He just doesn't get it. He's the problem. I don't see how you get over this bump in the road without getting rid of him."

Newt's hypocrisy cost him the Speaker position.

And did you notice he launched the sex scandal ads one week before election? And then at the debate this week in South Carolina he says he had never seen anything so despicable as his affair being raised just before the primary!!!

He is one giant fucking douche.

But go ahead. Keep drinking his piss.

I suppose half a truth is better than none. You might want to brush up on the actual story.

The Democrats filed ethics charges against the very successful Speaker of the House. This was a political attack against the guy that was using political attacks to attack their guy. A dirty business. You live by the sword and all that.

Gingrich was exonerated by the courts so the House had to accept the ruling.

Here's more of the story that you are obviously hiding as the political hack that you either are or are schooled by:

Washingtonpost.com: Ethics Committee Drops Last of 84 Ethics Charges Against Gingrich
<snip>
The speaker's office issued a statement noting that yesterday's dismissal of the last three charges means that 83 of the 84 ethics allegations filed by Democrats have been dropped.
<snip>

<snip>
Gingrich is paying $300,000 for the costs of an ethics committee investigation after admitting last year he made inaccurate statements during a lengthy probe into Democratic allegations that he misused tax-exempt donations. Gingrich denied the charges but submitted to a reprimand by the House.
<snip>

<snip>
U.S. District Judge Louis F. Oberdorfer in 1996 threw out a Federal Elections Commission lawsuit contending that GOPAC broke election laws by assisting federal candidates and not making its donor lists and spending reports public.

The ethics panel was "persuaded by the court's findings" that the laws were not violated, Hansen and Berman wrote.

"It appears to us that to the extent that GOPAC was exonerated by the court, you are by implication exonerated as well," they wrote to Gingrich.

A third allegation that Gingrich benefited personally from $250,000 in GOPAC "Newt Support" and should have reported it as income for federal tax purposes was also dropped by the ethics committee for lack of evidence.
<snip>

As an aside, language, please.

Last edited:

Every bit of it.

Newt's supporters really need to stop flapping their greasy lips and start using their brains.

You're supporting a guy who is actively undermining the ability of the private sector to create jobs, imposing his will on the political process in violation of the Constitution, assassinating foreign leaders and American citizens, passing Obamacare by political device in clear defiance of public opinion, bowing to foreign kings, openly suing private industry for building factories in the wrong state, chasing away employers, shutting down domestic oil production and denying access to our market by our closest ally?

Whose brain is not being used in this little degrading of the American possibility?

Last edited:
while courting the other woman. see timeline:

Newt Gingrich - Marital Affairs

Way to avoid the question.

Now, could you possibly show us a quote from Newt criticizing Clinton for infidelity? Thanks.

I commented on another poster's post. This is permissible on internet forums.

Okay, you're not ready to break out of your cowardice. Consider yourself and your posts non-existent for the course of this thread until you do.

Newt was fined for evading taxes while he was Speaker.

Newt says the impeachment was about lying and not the sex scandal (which is like saying the Civil War was about "states rights" and not slavery) and that Clinton can't be above the law.

Hey, wow, what a lot of blathering to share a PERSONAL OPINION with us that no one asked for. When we want to hear you recite how you view the issues, we'll let you know. Until then, you were asked for a quote from Newt Gingrich, not a quote from YOU, so perhaps you could learn to 1) comprehend English, and 2) get the fuck over yourself.

Every bit of it.

Prove it. And no, telling us, "HE DID IT!" for yet a third time does not constitute proof. Mindlessly repeating yourself only proves that you're a drooling flatliner, and we already knew that.

Having trouble finding your own mud?

Yes, they want everyone to go fetch their shit. There are more than a few who ask people to do that as if you're gonna jump right up and run to google searching frantically.

:cuckoo:

Riiight. It's totally sane to say, "Newt Gingrich attacked Bill Clinton for infidelity", and then consider the proof of your accusation to be OUR shit that WE should go find.

I don't have to prove you wrong. I just have to look at your name and say, "Oh, Sarah the stupid bitch," shrug, and assume that the fact that YOU said it is proof that it's utter bullshit. It's the consequence for you being the stereotypical dumb broad.

So no Quotes of Newt going after Clinton for Infidelity, eh?...

By the way, for those of you who were kids or maybe not even Born...

Janey Reno Appointed Ken Starr...

Ken Starr gave his Findings to the House of Representatives...

Impeachment was going to happen regardless of who the Speaker was.

Newt didn't "go after Clinton for Infidelity, he dealt with the Evidence of Felony Perjury on the part of a Sitting President that he was handed.

:)

peace...

Forum List

Back