Can anyone post a quote of Newt...

Mal - help me understand the OP intent. Are you suggesting the absence of a quote derails the hypocrisy accusations?

Yes.

Newt didn't go after Infidelity... He went after Felony Perjory and Abuse of Power. :thup:

That's why noone has Provided a Quote.

:)

peace...

Newt was opposed to a Clinton impeachment and held out to the bitter end. I guess now we might have an incling as to why.

I would say that Newt's personal life is a less than ideal model of fidelity and family values and I am not sure how/if that crosses over into job capability. What I don't see is remorse. Of course, I don't know the man up close and personal, but I just don't sense that he understands the depth of pain betrayal causes and havoc wreaked when a spouse cheats.

Unless he speaks openly and honestly about his lies and betrayal, I'd prefer he stay out of the family values and marriage business.

Clinton not only wasn't Remorseful, he Lied and wagged that finger at America...

As if to Scold us.

Fuck him and Newt. :thup:

peace...

Yes.

Newt didn't go after Infidelity... He went after Felony Perjory and Abuse of Power. :thup:

peace...

Newt was opposed to a Clinton impeachment and held out to the bitter end. I guess now we might have an incling as to why.

I would say that Newt's personal life is a less than ideal model of fidelity and family values and I am not sure how/if that crosses over into job capability. What I don't see is remorse. Of course, I don't know the man up close and personal, but I just don't sense that he understands the depth of pain betrayal causes and havoc wreaked when a spouse cheats.

Unless he speaks openly and honestly about his lies and betrayal, I'd prefer he stay out of the family values and marriage business.

Clinton not only wasn't Remorseful, he Lied and wagged that finger at America...

As if to Scold us.

peace...

Yeah, fuck them both...

ooops, somebody already did! :lol::lol::lol:

• Thanks
Reactions: mal
Mal - help me understand the OP intent. Are you suggesting the absence of a quote derails the hypocrisy accusations?

Yes.

peace...

Not quite!

Washingtonpost.com Special Report: Clinton Accused

GOP leaders have indicated in recent days that they would be open to pursuing any additional evidence Starr provided about wrongdoing at the White House as part of an impeachment inquiry. Gingrich raised this prospect himself at a closed-door leadership meeting on Tuesday, noting that Starr said in his report that he is close to completing other investigations into the Whitewater land deal, the misuse of FBI files and the firing of travel office employees.
According to several Republicans who attended the meeting, Gingrich said that if Starr made additional referrals to the House the charges could be wrapped into an expanded inquiry. He added that several congressional investigations of the White House could then report on their findings to the Judiciary Committee.
Gingrich also has derided Clinton's defense as "misogynist" in at least two closed meetings in recent days, according to sources, focusing on the president's claim that Lewinsky performed oral sex on him but he never touched her in a sexual way.

So what's the OP's point here supposed to be?

That Gingrich has never actually considered infidelity a bad thing??

lolol. Good one. Get him to run on that.

Just as soon as Newt has an adulterous relationship with a young girl while serving as President, I will be the first to demand an investigation.

Yes, that's a fair minded approach, since no one on the right tried to make anything of the Clinton/Gennifer Flowers thing before he was president...

:lol::lol::lol:

But the whole basis of the lefts antogonism is his hypocracy over the Monica thing. But Newt was not involved in arguing for impeachment over Monica. He was going after the land deals and the illegal campaign contributions that seemed to be coming out of china.

So if Newt wasn't behing hypocritical about Monica, what have you got left?

But the whole basis of the lefts antogonism is his hypocracy over the Monica thing. But Newt was not involved in arguing for impeachment over Monica. He was going after the land deals and the illegal campaign contributions that seemed to be coming out of china.

Nothing except hypocrisy.

I agree.

However, what remains is the family values platform which is not Newt's alone. Family/marriage values are on the GOP agenda.

Yes.

peace...

As if to Scold us.

peace...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiIP_KDQmXs]Clinton, "I did not have sexual relations with that woman... - YouTube[/ame]

Since it was only about a land deal, what exactly does a BJ have to do with a land deal?

I don't know the why of the lefty animosity toward Newt. Policy wise he is the one with the greatest leftward drift.

Rhetoric is something else of course. And the issue of rhetoric vs reality is one that follows him around like Jimmy Bliftsk's personal rain cloud

I can't quote word for word but when Newt played the Mayor of Munchkinland in the Wizard of Oz he said something like,"It is impossible to maintain civilization when you have girls from Kansas seeking state-funded abortions here in Munchkinland!".

My how he has grown since then!

I don't know the why of the lefty animosity toward Newt. Policy wise he is the one with the greatest leftward drift.

Rhetoric is something else of course. And the issue of rhetoric vs reality is one that follows him around like Jimmy Bliftsk's personal rain cloud

In the 1990's when I was a couple of notches to the left of where I am now, I pretty nearly despised Gingrich -- from about the time that there was a story in the news about someone who cut a fetus out of a woman's belly. Newt's kneejerk response was something along the lines of how that crime was a commentary on America's seething welfare underclass.

I'm not sure how close to the actual wording there -- I've tried to find the story again to check the exact wording and have failed so I might be searching for the wrong words -- but I'll never forget how that made me feel. People were in pain, a woman was dead, and he was talking partisan b.s., and if I remember right it turned out that the criminals weren't even on welfare. Not a milligram of empathy from Newt.

In the movie The American President, Annette Bening's character says, "How do you have patience for people who claim they love America but clearly can't stand Americans?" When I heard that, I immediately thought of Gingrich.

And I still hear shades of that in some of his more recent quotes.

If I were still in the general vicinity of "independent", Newt would be a tough sell for me. I'd probably vote for Obama.

Edit: Found the Gingrich quote. Posted it here - http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/204439-1995-the-year-i-learned-to-despise-newt-gingrich.html

Last edited:
It does seem that the drumbeats of anti newtness have done him no harm over the past weeks. It really seems that since the substance of his ideas were do badly smothered, and the animosity of the press was so direct, he has managed to parlay this animosity to his own advantage.

For those of you who think you are clever by saying Newt didn't attack Clinton for his extramarital affair and that he really attacked him for perjury, I have told you countless times that Newt was the only Speaker in US history who was fined for lying to Congress.

So no matter how you approach him, he's a fucking hypocrite.

But as far as Newt and Lewinsky and Clinton goes:
But whatever his political miscalculations, Gingrich was also personally incapable of letting Clinton off the hook. It has long been his belief that the Democratic Party as a whole is a corrupt and corrupting force in American politics, and Clinton was its Mephistophelian master. Still bearing the scars of his own ethics troubles two years earlier, Gingrich could not imagine that the President would not suffer a far bloodier punishment for his misconduct. He was, say those close to him, "obsessed" with the Lewinsky affair. "You sit in meetings, and you just watch. He's crazed about it," says one who was there. And so Gingrich was both unable and unwilling to keep his most murderous members in line. The more Bob Barr, the impeachment-fixated House member from Georgia, appeared on TV, the more voters were persuaded the Republicans had only one agenda.

Fall of the house of Newt - November 16, 1998

Gingrich was always blaming the Democratic party of the degradation of society, going so are as blaming that party for a widely publicized case at the time of a mother who killed her own children.

So it just galled him to no end when he was busted for being a tax evader and lying to Congress.

When he sits there self-righteous indignation today saying that impeached Clinton because "he should not be above the law", he is hoping you are too ignorant to know that he refused to resign after being caught breaking the law himself.

But karma has a way getting justice. He finally resigned after he was caught having an affair of his own. His own party ejected him for his stinking hypocrisy.

He was the biggest hypocrite to come down the pike in a very long time.

I know you guys think you are clever asking for evidence of events which occured at the dawn of the Internet age.

Well, here you go:
Gingrich Orchestrated GOP Ads Recalling Clinton-Lewinsky Affair

Not only is your hero a raging hypocrite, he's a coward. He hid behind TV ads to attack Clinton's affair:

The GOP's multimillion dollar ad campaign invoking President Clinton's relationship with Monica S. Lewinsky was devised by House Speaker Newt Gingrich (R-Ga.) and tested before more than three dozen groups of likely voters before Republicans unleashed the assault, party sources said yesterday.

In reviving the presidential sex scandal just one week before Election Day, Gingrich and his chief strategists aimed to energize their most loyal supporters, whose enthusiasm appeared to be waning after House conservatives lost the budget fight and the Clinton scandal fell off the front pages.

But Democratic leaders -- and even some Republicans speaking privately -- say the last-minute ad gamble and media stir it has caused may well backfire.

"Our polling shows this increases Democratic intensity," said White House political director Craig Smith.

In April, Gingrich told supporters,[]b "I will never again, as long as I am speaker, make a speech without commenting on this topic,"[/b] referring to the presidential scandal.

It did backfire. Big-time:

The next morning Gingrich held a gripe session by conference call, letting others vent about everything: the Republicans' utter absence of a message, the Democrats' lethally effective get-out-the-vote effort. "They were unbelievable," one of the leaders said to Newt. "They kicked our ass on the ground." Gingrich was mostly quiet. He listened. "He was in a state of shock," says one participant. It was different an hour later during the "listen only" conference call with members. This time Newt talked a lot, but he made no sense. He blamed the election on the unions, on black turnout driven by scare-tactic radio ads, on the fact that the Senate had failed to take up the House's $80 billion tax cut, and of course on the media for hyping the Monica scandal and blotting out the Republican message. Said one member who listened in: "It was very lame and not credible. He just doesn't get it. He's the problem. I don't see how you get over this bump in the road without getting rid of him."

Fall of the house of Newt - November 16, 1998

Newt's hypocrisy cost him the Speaker position.

And did you notice he launched the sex scandal ads one week before election? And then at the debate this week in South Carolina he says he had never seen anything so despicable as his affair being raised just before the primary!!!

He is one giant fucking douche.

But go ahead. Keep drinking his piss.

Last edited:
To take an ex-wife and make it two days before the primary a significant question in a presidential campaign is as close to despicable as anything I can imagine. (Cheers, applause.)
South Carolina GOP CNN debate, Jan. 19, 2012. Transcript - Lynn Sweet

In reviving the presidential sex scandal just one week before Election Day, Gingrich and his chief strategists aimed to energize their most loyal supporters, whose enthusiasm appeared to be waning after House conservatives lost the budget fight and the Clinton scandal fell off the front pages.
1998: Washingtonpost.com Special Report: Clinton Accused

Last edited:

Forum List

Back