Camera Hogg calls for boycott of investment firms linked to gunmakers

WHERE ARE THE FEMINIST!

Rape is an act of passion? NOT ACCORDING TO MOST FEMINISTS.

IT IS AN ACT OF CONTROL, OF POWER. OF THE POWERFUL CONTROL OVER THE WEAK!

Telling you aren't being ripped to shreds over what you just posted. For a paid poster, you sure are stupid.
I am willing to discuss my views with any feminists
Most who see your solutions of a populace armed to the teeth to be deplorable

Please, start a thread about your theory that rape is about passion, and not about the POWER.

I'll gladly chime in.

Not Germaine to the topic at hand
Any victim of a crime has earned the right to potion government to enact policies to prevent that crime

Try to deflect RR. If you have no idea what something a simple as allowing the weak a proper defense against the MUCH larger, you have no credibility discussing this issue.

Now go back to your POWER OVER WOMEN trip and let people who actually understand the issues, debate the issues.
You are diverting the thread

David Hogg has a right to political protest including boycott

Yes he does have the right to persuade the Country that making the world a safer place for rapists is a good thing. And I have the right to point out that danger. Again, rapists are applauding the work that young man is doing on their behalf.

I am willing to discuss my views with any feminists
Most who see your solutions of a populace armed to the teeth to be deplorable

Please, start a thread about your theory that rape is about passion, and not about the POWER.

I'll gladly chime in.

Any victim of a crime has earned the right to potion government to enact policies to prevent that crime

Try to deflect RR. If you have no idea what something a simple as allowing the weak a proper defense against the MUCH larger, you have no credibility discussing this issue.

Now go back to your POWER OVER WOMEN trip and let people who actually understand the issues, debate the issues.

Yes he does have the right to persuade the Country that making the world a safer place for rapists is a good thing. And I have the right to point out that danger. Again, rapists are applauding the work that young man is doing on their behalf.
Very few rapists are armed
Very few women are armed

You are proposing a red herring

I'll gladly chime in.

Very few rapists are armed
Very few women are armed

You are proposing a red herring

Links please.

Here's one from a rape victim that now carries

Campus Rape Survivor: I Wish I'd Had A Gun To Defend Myself

“He had a knife, I had pepper spray,” Lopez-Rivas told News 4 JAX. “And even though I ran for blue lights that are scattered all around, [he was] faster, stronger, and I did not win. . . The way that I carry [my gun] now, I would have been able to prevent what happened to me.”

See, she even had pepper spray and ran to those blue lights that ONLY give a false sense of security, and still she was raped.

You know, your lack of empathy is astounding. Very telling, Really.

His idea...no armed guards in school...

Let's see how that works out in reality....

Parkland, no armed guard.... 17 dead...

Maryland, armed guard... 1 dead

Hmmmmm....yeah, he is an idiot.
Parkland had an armed guard

Who, at a scheduled time each day, would go lock certain doors. The timing of that never varied. The shooter could easily determine when the armed security would be away from the attack zone.

See, just like the rapist wants an unarmed victim, the shooter wants an unarmed area.
From what I hear

The kid wasn’t that bright

It doesn’t take a rocket scientist. He attended that school and likely observed it DAILY.

What doesn’t take rocket science as well is knowing that rapists are applauding the idea that the left is making choosing their victims wayyyyyy easier.
I doubt if a rapist cares

It is an act of passion, I doubt they are concerned if the victim may be armed

Actually, you are talking out of your ass again.......and guns are the best tool to stop a rape.....the knife comes in second place...

Guns Effective Defense Against Rape

However, most recent studies with improved methodology are consistently showing that the more forceful the resistance, the lower the risk of a completed rape, with no increase in physical injury. Sarah Ullman's original research (Journal of Interpersonal Violence, 1998) and critical review of past studies (Criminal Justice and Behavior, 1997) are especially valuable in solidifying this conclusion.

I wish to single out one particular subtype of physical resistance: Use of a weapon, and especially a firearm, is statistically a woman's best means of resistance, greatly enhancing her odds of escaping both rape and injury, compared to any other strategy of physical or verbal resistance. This conclusion is drawn from four types of information.

First, a 1989 study (Furby, Journal of Interpersonal Violence) found that both male and female survey respondents judged a gun to be the most effective means that a potential rape victim could use to fend off the assault. Rape "experts" considered it a close second, after eye-gouging.

Second, raw data from the 1979-1985 installments of the Justice Department's annual National Crime Victim Survey show that when a woman resists a stranger rape with a gun, the probability of completion was 0.1 percent and of victim injury 0.0 percent, compared to 31 percent and 40 percent, respectively, for all stranger rapes (Kleck, Social Problems, 1990).

Third, a recent paper (Southwick, Journal of Criminal Justice, 2000) analyzed victim resistance to violent crimes generally, with robbery, aggravated assault and rape considered together. Women who resisted with a gun were 2.5 times more likely to escape without injury than those who did not resist and 4 times more likely to escape uninjured than those who resisted with any means other than a gun. Similarly, their property losses in a robbery were reduced more than six-fold and almost three-fold, respectively, compared to the other categories of resistance strategy.

Fourth, we have two studies in the last 20 years that directly address the outcomes of women who resist attempted rape with a weapon. (Lizotte, Journal of Quantitative Criminology, 1986; Kleck, Social Problems, 1990.) The former concludes,"Further, women who resist rape with a gun or knife dramatically decrease their probability of completion." (Lizotte did not analyze victim injuries apart from the rape itself.) The latter concludes that "resistance with a gun or knife is the most effective form of resistance for preventing completion of a rape"; this is accomplished "without creating any significant additional risk of other injury."

The best conclusion from available scientific data, then, is when avoidance of rape has failed and one must choose between being raped and resisting, a woman's best option is to resist with a gun in her hands.

Parkland had an armed guard

Who, at a scheduled time each day, would go lock certain doors. The timing of that never varied. The shooter could easily determine when the armed security would be away from the attack zone.

See, just like the rapist wants an unarmed victim, the shooter wants an unarmed area.
From what I hear

The kid wasn’t that bright

It doesn’t take a rocket scientist. He attended that school and likely observed it DAILY.

What doesn’t take rocket science as well is knowing that rapists are applauding the idea that the left is making choosing their victims wayyyyyy easier.
I doubt if a rapist cares

It is an act of passion, I doubt they are concerned if the victim may be armed

Actually, you are talking out of your ass again.......and guns are the best tool to stop a rape.....the knife comes in second place...

Guns Effective Defense Against Rape

However, most recent studies with improved methodology are consistently showing that the more forceful the resistance, the lower the risk of a completed rape, with no increase in physical injury. Sarah Ullman's original research (Journal of Interpersonal Violence, 1998) and critical review of past studies (Criminal Justice and Behavior, 1997) are especially valuable in solidifying this conclusion.

I wish to single out one particular subtype of physical resistance: Use of a weapon, and especially a firearm, is statistically a woman's best means of resistance, greatly enhancing her odds of escaping both rape and injury, compared to any other strategy of physical or verbal resistance. This conclusion is drawn from four types of information.

First, a 1989 study (Furby, Journal of Interpersonal Violence) found that both male and female survey respondents judged a gun to be the most effective means that a potential rape victim could use to fend off the assault. Rape "experts" considered it a close second, after eye-gouging.

Second, raw data from the 1979-1985 installments of the Justice Department's annual National Crime Victim Survey show that when a woman resists a stranger rape with a gun, the probability of completion was 0.1 percent and of victim injury 0.0 percent, compared to 31 percent and 40 percent, respectively, for all stranger rapes (Kleck, Social Problems, 1990).

Third, a recent paper (Southwick, Journal of Criminal Justice, 2000) analyzed victim resistance to violent crimes generally, with robbery, aggravated assault and rape considered together. Women who resisted with a gun were 2.5 times more likely to escape without injury than those who did not resist and 4 times more likely to escape uninjured than those who resisted with any means other than a gun. Similarly, their property losses in a robbery were reduced more than six-fold and almost three-fold, respectively, compared to the other categories of resistance strategy.

Fourth, we have two studies in the last 20 years that directly address the outcomes of women who resist attempted rape with a weapon. (Lizotte, Journal of Quantitative Criminology, 1986; Kleck, Social Problems, 1990.) The former concludes,"Further, women who resist rape with a gun or knife dramatically decrease their probability of completion." (Lizotte did not analyze victim injuries apart from the rape itself.) The latter concludes that "resistance with a gun or knife is the most effective form of resistance for preventing completion of a rape"; this is accomplished "without creating any significant additional risk of other injury."

The best conclusion from available scientific data, then, is when avoidance of rape has failed and one must choose between being raped and resisting, a woman's best option is to resist with a gun in her hands.

Don't bother RR with facts, he thinks rape is about passion, not power.

Forum List

Back