Southwest airlines pilot Tammy Jo is a hero!!!

Wyatt earp

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2012
Good job...but I am never sitting by a window near a wing again..

Redirect Notice

SHE'S A HERO'
Southwest Airlines’ pilot Tammie Jo Shults who calmly landed plane after jet engine blew up at 32,000ft and passenger ‘sucked out’

She quickly and calmly brought the stricken plane into land at Philadelphia International at a rapid descent of 3,000ft per minute

nintchdbpict000399627410.jpg

You know, after I saw this and heard that a woman was almost pulled through the window, I'm gonna rethink my stand on window seats as well.

Hawaii Air Lines ruined first class for me when I saw the roof get torn off of it's first class section of the jet.

Now window seats? Guess I'm gonna have to start driving or taking a train.

On the plus side ... getting sucked out the window means you don't have to deal with TSA on the ground.

image7083219.jpg

You know, after I saw this and heard that a woman was almost pulled through the window, I'm gonna rethink my stand on window seats as well.

Hawaii Air Lines ruined first class for me when I saw the roof get torn off of it's first class section of the jet.

I used to always like sitting over the wing at a window seat , I thought I was kind of safe.. and yea I always remember that poor stewardess getting sucked out on that Hawaii air lines incident .

Wear the seat belt.... it stops you getting blown out of the roof and the window.

I will continue to sit by the window...suck or not suck....in my opinion is more confortable and "private" if you will, than the other seats.

On another note.....never in my life I've heard a story like this one.... this poor woman was pulled through the window....can you imagine????????????:eek-52: wow!

Also, just to point out, having seen a picture of the window in question, there's no way in hell an adult human being is getting out of that, regardless of whether they're being sucked out or not.

_100919207_captuf33re.jpg

Also, just to point out, having seen a picture of the window in question, there's no way in hell an adult human being is getting out of that, regardless of whether they're being sucked out or not.

But she said she was!!!!! :confused-84:

Tammie Jo is one of the first female pilots in the Navy - Badass

Tammie Jo Shults, reportedly one of the pilots responsible for landing the Southwest Airlines flight 1380 that experienced an engine explosion earlier today, was also one of the first women pilots in the Navy and one of the first women to fly the F/A 18 fighter jet.

https://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/the-pilot-who-saved-that-southwest-flight-is-a-badass-1825341463
One of the first fighter pilots...not one of the first pilots...that was in the 70s...she's not that old.

Tammie Jo is one of the first female pilots in the Navy - Badass

Tammie Jo Shults, reportedly one of the pilots responsible for landing the Southwest Airlines flight 1380 that experienced an engine explosion earlier today, was also one of the first women pilots in the Navy and one of the first women to fly the F/A 18 fighter jet.

https://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/the-pilot-who-saved-that-southwest-flight-is-a-badass-1825341463
One of the first fighter pilots...not one of the first pilots...that was in the 70s...she's not that old.

I sat next to a uniformed female Southwest pilot catching a ride rom Boise to Denver last year -

Just couldn't have been nicer .. maybe early-40s, also Navy trained.

Not Tammie Jo, although that woulda been cool.

SWA has quite a few gals in the cockpit.

How many tens of millions of flights have taken off over that time period where absolutely nothing has happened, but because of two incidents 30 years apart now it's all over for you? Don't be such a wuss.

A woman was piloting this plane, too...

A woman was piloting this plane, too...

That looks like CIC Douche Bone Spur going out the plane window. If so, I with IT well.

upload_2018-4-18_0-4-58.png

It’s actually pretty amazing an engine blew up mid flight and the plane still landed. The engine housing prevented debris from directly hitting the wing full of fuel. It appears that debris did fly out the back and hit the rear half of the aircraft, that’s where this window seat was. That’s certainly better than the fuel tanks being ruptured, explosion and break up.

Just keep your lap belt on.

Forum List

Back