Calling all Pagans!

Not really, because I don't go down the streets shouting them out. However most wars are started because of differing religious beliefs. As Penn and Teller said to find world peace 'we just need to stop attacking each other over a difference of opinion'.

How about wars where one side thinks you should die and the other side doesn't want to die ?

Do you get attacked a lot by people of different beliefs in real life?

funny you should mention that...i have a number of bumperstickers that make it plain i am a pagan. One saturday i come out to my car and find two rather large men...waiting on me...they wanted to know "if i was a pagan" i replied "yes" not realizing they were hells angels. it took me about 15 minutes to convince them i was not a member of the "pagans" a well known motorcycle gang. their main concern seemed to be that I was with the pagans and setting up a house for the pagans motorcycle gang. Once i convinced them it was a religion we were all good to go.

She doesn't have to back it up. She made a statement that has no relevance here and can be taken at face value or not. If you are going to question her integrity, it is incumbent on YOU to prove her statement incorrect.

While the poster seems a bit overly-sensitive, IMO, you cannot deny that there are Christian extremists who attack others for not believing exactly as they do. They exist as much as any other extremists who attack others for the same reason.

IMO, those "Christians" don't behave in a very Christ-like manner. Do you really think you are going to change someone's mind or even to respect your beliefs if you do not respect at least their right to have them and trying to shove yours down their throat?

I don't.

:eusa_clap:

She doesn't have to back it up. She made a statement that has no relevance here and can be taken at face value or not. If you are going to question her integrity, it is incumbent on YOU to prove her statement incorrect.

While the poster seems a bit overly-sensitive, IMO, you cannot deny that there are Christian extremists who attack others for not believing exactly as they do. They exist as much as any other extremists who attack others for the same reason.

IMO, those "Christians" don't behave in a very Christ-like manner. Do you really think you are going to change someone's mind or even to respect your beliefs if you do not respect at least their right to have them and trying to shove yours down their throat?

I don't.

well said.

I don't.

I agree it is not very Christian-like, assuming it's true.

This is what I posted in response to his claim that he had been the victim of all the terrible Christians.

That's terrible. Not all Christians are like that so try not to generalize.
Can you please provide a link to this website that you came from???

As I said, I got the response I assumed I would get. :doubt:

I've heard that pagans will burn in Hell for all of eternity. Is that true?

Here's actual picture of a pagan in Hell:

gamerHell.jpg

funny you should mention that...i have a number of bumperstickers that make it plain i am a pagan. One saturday i come out to my car and find two rather large men...waiting on me...they wanted to know "if i was a pagan" i replied "yes" not realizing they were hells angels. it took me about 15 minutes to convince them i was not a member of the "pagans" a well known motorcycle gang. their main concern seemed to be that I was with the pagans and setting up a house for the pagans motorcycle gang. Once i convinced them it was a religion we were all good to go.

hey--glad it all worked out for ya. Is it really necessary that everyone driving down the street to know you're a pagan ?

Last edited:

I came recently from another message board on another system and all the pagans/wiccas got was constant bashing from the christians.

Yeah, If only I could get that link! :eusa_clap: :razz:

"hey--glad it all worked out for ya. Is it really necessary that everyone driving down the street to know your a pagan ?"

Why not? People drive down the road with the fish on their car, or the Darwin symbol, or the little stickers that say "daddy, mommy, 3 kidlets, cat, dog" on the car. I have seen "Co-exhist" stickers. Why NOT pagan? I had a pagan sticker on my benz for YEARS.

hey--glad it all worked out for ya. Is it really necessary that everyone driving down the street to know your a pagan ?

That's one of the problems I have to, too much is just advertising, like being flamboyant for the sake of being flamboyant. I have only 'pagan' thing, a simple silver pentacle that I wear to let people know bringing up religion is not a good idea if you don't want an opposing view. Other than that, anything more is overboard. I feel the same for all belief.

Valerie:

Strolling provided where the link was. Did you miss that?

Forum List

Back