Boycotting Hobby Lobby for anti-semitism? Yes and Amen!

Jews killed Jesus,so I don't blame him.

Everyone who ever sinned nailed Christ to that tree. Not only the Romans, not only the Jews, not only this group or that group.... ALL have sinned and fallen short of the Glory of God. Jesus was crucified because of us all and for us all... let's stop blaming the Jews and start thanking them because without them? We would not have Jesus, our bible, our salvation, NOTHING. Have you not heard? Salvation is of the Jews! We have much to thank the Jews for! Amen?

To all the Jews here? Thank you.

Everyone who ever sinned nailed Christ to that tree. Not only the Romans, not only the Jews, not only this group or that group.... ALL have sinned and fallen short of the Glory of God. Jesus was crucified because of us all and for us all... let's stop blaming the Jews and start thanking them because without them? We would not have Jesus, our bible, our salvation, NOTHING. Have you not heard? Salvation is of the Jews! We have much to thank the Jews for! Amen?

lol I have to laugh when people rationalize killing as God's plan but when Muslims kill they are terrorists and God just can't seem to control them.

why are pagans taking a beating in this thread..we dont object to anything jewish? so why are you trying to set this false standard of ..he sells to pagans and not jews? now did you get upset and boycott chic a fic when the owner makes the statements about gays or did you defend his right as a private business owner? if someone doesnt want to sell cultural merchandise are you advocating forcing them to do so?

what is your obection to beltane? most of the so called christian holidays are simply pagan holidays renamed and dressed up....yall tend to get into your little war on christmas rants...but who is destroying 'christmas' you do not see pagans buying gifts for winter solstice or christmas shopping in october....i bet your arent boycotting the stores that are already putting out christmas displays, are you?

and then ask who is destroying christmas .....

I do not know what Chic Filets statement was concerning homosexuals as I never followed the story nor did I read about it but here is what the word of God says concerning it, Strollingbones.

It is written:

He that overcometh shall inherit all things, and I will be his God, and he will be my son. But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominadable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone, which is the second death. Revelation 21: 7,8

Homosexual behavior is not condoned by Christians who follow Christ. On the matter of the the man who owns Hobby Lobby and allows his company to tell Jewish persons who inquired about it - that he doesn't sell Jewish items in his store / Hannukah or Passover items due to his Christian Morals has denied Jesus Christ who himself celebrated the Passover. He is not following Christ's teachings concerning his actions towards the Jewish community.

If it were not for the matter of his announcing publicly his Christian faith I would have not had such a problem with it Strollingbones. The matter of his selling Pagan items for Halloween and Yule while not selling Jewish items speaks volumes of the mans hypocrisy which was the point I was making. As to selling Halloween items? If it were my company? No. I would not sell Halloween items. Not a chance. I highly doubt satanists are selling CD's of Christian Worship music in their occult stores either.

Last edited:

lol I have to laugh when people rationalize killing as God's plan but when Muslims kill they are terrorists and God just can't seem to control them.

God has given all mankind a free will, Strollingbones. He is not going to "control" anyone. Even the Christian has the option of walking away and following their own carnal desires but that decision comes with consequences too. A Muslim who kills another person is not necessarily a terrorist. I do not know where you get that from. A muslim could have a fight with another person over a car accident - a case of road rage - just as easily as a Mormon could and neither would be accused of being a terrorist. Note* As to the matter of my saying that all are guilty - all have sin - which put Christ to the cross - that is the truth although it may not be a convenient truth for you - it is "the truth".

Last edited:
So, the owner is an asshole. He is still entitled to stock and sell whatever he wants within the boundaries of the law. Jews can come into his store and buy whatever artsy fartsy stuff he stocks. Folks wanting Menorahs or Tibetan prayer wheels or pentagrams or goats heads or Buddha statues will have to go elsewhere. No big deal. Someone else will make the sale.

He's not an asshole and he's not anti semitic as some have charged him.

On Oct. 4, the Anti-Defamation League, a national group that counters anti-Semitism, accepted Hobby Lobby’s apology, and strongly defended the company.

“ADL firmly believes that the religious views of a business owner cannot be a basis to infringe upon the legal rights of others, but a store choosing not to carry Hanukkah items does not violate anyone’s rights,” read the statement, which was released before the announcement about the merchandising decision.

“Moreover, we have no reason to believe that Hobby Lobby has refused to stock Hanukkah items because of hostility to Jews or anti-Semitism,” the ADL statement continued.

In Hobby Lobby’s apology, Green outlined his connections to the Jewish community in the U.S. and Israel.

“Our family has a deep respect for the Jewish faith and those who hold its traditions dear,” read the statement.

“We’re proud contributors to Yad Vashem, (Israel’s official Holocaust museum) as well as to other museums and synagogues in Israel and the United States.”

The statement also noted that the company has “previously carried merchandise in our stores related to Jewish holidays.”

UPDATE: Hobby Lobby apologizes, agrees to carry Jewish holiday items | Religion | The State

The Holocaust History Museum - Yad Vashem

Last edited:
Response to my Hobby Lobby inquiry, dated today

Sounds reasonable....

Now if they can only be reasonable on women's reproductive health, we might be making progress.

Yep. Bottom line in their reasoning was, the bottom line. Not anti-semitic feelings, not hate for the Jews. It costs money to buy and stock things you don't sell.

Plain and simple business decision. Nothing wrong with that. The over reaction some people are having however...

Well, let's just say that there are people who are always looking for an excuse to be "outraged..."

It came from the Jewish community in which Hobby Lobby chose to locate their store and yet did not supply items for their Jewish holidays due to the company's "Christian morals".. therein the problem. You see, Jesus celebrated the Passover. If Mr. Green had read his bible before announcing to the world he is a christian perhaps he would have taken note of that? I don't believe that should be overlooked. Nor the fact that the Jews complained about it for some time before they even got this response that he plans to " test a couple of stores in New Jersey and New York. To me? The Jews have been tested enough in the matter. I'm not going to change my mind but nor do I expect to change yours. I am merely agreeing with the Jews.. I won't shop there again. - Karen

So, the owner is an asshole. He is still entitled to stock and sell whatever he wants within the boundaries of the law. Jews can come into his store and buy whatever artsy fartsy stuff he stocks. Folks wanting Menorahs or Tibetan prayer wheels or pentagrams or goats heads or Buddha statues will have to go elsewhere. No big deal. Someone else will make the sale.

On Oct. 4, the Anti-Defamation League, a national group that counters anti-Semitism, accepted Hobby Lobby’s apology, and strongly defended the company.

“ADL firmly believes that the religious views of a business owner cannot be a basis to infringe upon the legal rights of others, but a store choosing not to carry Hanukkah items does not violate anyone’s rights,” read the statement, which was released before the announcement about the merchandising decision.

“Moreover, we have no reason to believe that Hobby Lobby has refused to stock Hanukkah items because of hostility to Jews or anti-Semitism,” the ADL statement continued.

In Hobby Lobby’s apology, Green outlined his connections to the Jewish community in the U.S. and Israel.

“Our family has a deep respect for the Jewish faith and those who hold its traditions dear,” read the statement.

“We’re proud contributors to Yad Vashem, (Israel’s official Holocaust museum) as well as to other museums and synagogues in Israel and the United States.”

The statement also noted that the company has “previously carried merchandise in our stores related to Jewish holidays.”

UPDATE: Hobby Lobby apologizes, agrees to carry Jewish holiday items | Religion | The State

I have never called Mr. Green any such thing as the A word, TD. As to the other - I believe his business practices speaks for itself. While I appreciate he speaks up for the unborn and donates money to Israel, I am disappointed in the behavior he had demonstrated in his business practice of ignoring Jewish needs in the community - and I'm not alone in feeling that way as there is more than one Rabbi expressing the same feelings. I'm not going to change my mind about this but again Mr. Green is free to do whatever he wishes. Just not in the name of Jesus. And that I shall shout from the rooftops. :eusa_angel:

Last edited:

so, much ado about nothing...

Response to my Hobby Lobby inquiry, dated today

Sounds reasonable....

Now if they can only be reasonable on women's reproductive health, we might be making progress.

Yep. Bottom line in their reasoning was, the bottom line. Not anti-semitic feelings, not hate for the Jews. It costs money to buy and stock things you don't sell.

Plain and simple business decision. Nothing wrong with that. The over reaction some people are having however...

Well, let's just say that there are people who are always looking for an excuse to be "outraged..."

Let's just say that there are people who are always calling the Jews "Christ-killers" and are looking for words like "whiner" and "outrage monger" in order to silence retaliation.

So, the owner is an asshole. He is still entitled to stock and sell whatever he wants within the boundaries of the law. .

So you want us to entitle assholes? Someone like that has power over his employees and more than his share of political power over all the rest of us. Anusocracy, anyone?

Yeah, every Jew has buried in his backyard a couple of long boards and plenty of nails, getting ready for the Second Coming.

Didn't you hear the good news? According to John Haggee and his End Times nuts by the time Jesus comes non believers will be slaughterted or convert to Christianity.

[

Business is business. Even Jesus had to buy some things, and his little group had a 'purse' with money for their expenditures. It was Judas who carried the 'purse' for the group. He also felt the need to decide how other people spent their money. So when some Christian gets all bent out of shape over how another group does business or spends it's own money, I have to wonder if it isn't he spirit of Judas rearing its ugly head.

Now did Judas hang himself or did his guts split open, because the bible says both...

Anyway, the section about Judas being the moneyholder for the group actually comes from the Gospel of John (13:29), which is the most anti-Jewish of the Gospels, where the Jews are blamed for everything.

What you are claiming is impossible, Joe. John was the apostle whom Jesus loved. John layed his head upon Jesus breast. John was a Jew. In fact all of these men who followed Jesus were Jews except for Luke who was a doctor and a Gentile. To be anti Jewish is to be anti - Jesus. That is why Jesus rebuked the Pharisees who denied him. By doing so they denied God who had sent Jesus. By denying the Words of Jesus they were denying the very words of God. And by doing that they were identifying themselves as ones who were not the sons of Abraham but rather the sons of those men who had murdered the prophets before Jesus.

Indeed that is the every essence of this thread. That anyone who is anti- Jewish is ant- Jesus and therein anti - God. It is all tied together and that is why Mr. Green has denied Jesus Christ before men.

Actually, it's fairly unlikely that the Gospel of John was written by John the Apostle. Or that any of the Gospels were written by the people tradition holds wrote them.

What is obvious is that the Gospel of John was written much later than the other four, when the schism between the Jews and the Christians was much more pronounced. While the Other Gospels talk about the "Pharisees" a lot, John talks about "The Jews".

Yeah, every Jew has buried in his backyard a couple of long boards and plenty of nails, getting ready for the Second Coming.

Didn't you hear the good news? According to John Haggee and his End Times nuts by the time Jesus comes non believers will be slaughterted or convert to Christianity.

Jesus vas German! It is vell-known that Jews kidnap Christian children, so they must have even kidnapped the first vun and brought him to Israel.

So, the owner is an asshole. He is still entitled to stock and sell whatever he wants within the boundaries of the law. .

So you want us to entitle assholes? Someone like that has power over his employees and more than his share of political power over all the rest of us. Anusocracy, anyone?

Anusocracy? LOL! I think that is what we have now and have had for a long time.

Anusocracy? LOL! I think that is what we have now and have had for a long time.

Or to keep the same original language, PROCTOCRACY of Plutocrats (PP), which is how they got trickledown.

Now did Judas hang himself or did his guts split open, because the bible says both...

Anyway, the section about Judas being the moneyholder for the group actually comes from the Gospel of John (13:29), which is the most anti-Jewish of the Gospels, where the Jews are blamed for everything.

What you are claiming is impossible, Joe. John was the apostle whom Jesus loved. John layed his head upon Jesus breast. John was a Jew. In fact all of these men who followed Jesus were Jews except for Luke who was a doctor and a Gentile. To be anti Jewish is to be anti - Jesus. That is why Jesus rebuked the Pharisees who denied him. By doing so they denied God who had sent Jesus. By denying the Words of Jesus they were denying the very words of God. And by doing that they were identifying themselves as ones who were not the sons of Abraham but rather the sons of those men who had murdered the prophets before Jesus.

Indeed that is the every essence of this thread. That anyone who is anti- Jewish is ant- Jesus and therein anti - God. It is all tied together and that is why Mr. Green has denied Jesus Christ before men.

Actually, it's fairly unlikely that the Gospel of John was written by John the Apostle. Or that any of the Gospels were written by the people tradition holds wrote them.

What is obvious is that the Gospel of John was written much later than the other four, when the schism between the Jews and the Christians was much more pronounced. While the Other Gospels talk about the "Pharisees" a lot, John talks about "The Jews".

The Crucifixion was not about Atonement. Jesus was punished because of his rebellion against the Jewish high priests. He was the first Protestant.

When his own church developed a hierarchy, out of self-interest they toned down Jesus's real mission, which would have implied that Christians should question the corruption and tyranny of the Christian scribes and pharisees too. So they made up this ridiculous atonement story. It's as stupid as a boss being mad at his lazy employees and teaching them a lesson about that by whipping his son. For good measure, they also blamed all the Jews, instead of just their high priests.

To Joe, if you are suggesting that Communism is better than Capitolism, I believe you are mistaken. Still Capitolism is not Christianity either..

I do believe any able bodied man or woman should work with their own hands so that they may be able to give to others who are in need and cannot work. That is part of loving our neighbor as ourselves. Next up? The Rich Young Ruler.

I think Capitalism and Communism both fail for the same reason.

Human Nature.

Christianity, too, come to think of it.

Whether or good or bad, we do seem to be really good at getting in our own way.

Hobby Lobby - I will forever boycott them because they are dishonest. They say they are Christian but they are anything but.

1374815_656653194356549_603280888_n.jpg

Forum List

Back