California suffering through SEVERE climate change

The high water levels (in the artificial lake) were produced with native rainfall and were maintained long enough to grow most of a forest at that line. What data do you have to show rainfalls were high all those years?
Dude you are truly naive. You're hilarious to follow on here. you still know nothing. And admit as such especially with this one. so how smart can you be, when the water table was rising what was the population of the area and now 100 years later is the same population there or was there an increase? Come on now it isn't that hard of a question I know you have it in you.

There has never been a rate of CO2 increase like the last century's in the last 65 million years.

There has never been a rate of temperature increase like the last century's in the history of the human race.

But you think its okay. Got it.
nothing again. mumbo jumbo!

Really. A massive population increase has caused the rain to stop falling? Care to explain that one?
This ought to be good ;)

:popcorn:
So, you're saying that the population hasn't increased in the desert there as well? So you too are naive and know nothing? It's funny how you all stick together. You should go play with Crick he's waiting.

Youch said:
Yet, we are supposed to believe your contention that, if only some rain would fall in the SW, everything would be copacetic?

Let's address your specific position...are you saying that if rain doesn't increase at the same rate as demand for potable water, then global warming is the chief concern?

My contention is that the chance of droughts like this occurring increases with increasing global warming. Precipitation in the western US is strongly subject to the ENSO cycles whose timing and magnitude have been affected by global warming. Whatever the cause of this drought, there exists a very high likelihood that due to global warming, we will see more of these in the future than we have seen in the past. THAT is my position. Your attempt to mischaracterize my position in your second paragraph was a pathetic attempt at making a straw man: it is supported by NOTHING I have said here.
Based on what evidence? Again, you have nothing. You just keep regurgitating your nothingness. Give it up, it ain't working.

^ why do you bother posting in my threads? :eusa_eh: We won't complain if you migrate away to one of the social threads. Seriously :bye1:

^ why do you bother posting in my threads? :eusa_eh: We won't complain if you migrate away to one of the social threads. Seriously :bye1:
Because more than you post in it. See a message board is posting against another, and another and so on and so on. And when junk is published in a thread it must be pointed out. You see some of California is a desert. And believe it or not, has been a desert for longer than you and I have been alive. So you posting about it being in a drought is not new to the state. So therefore, I don't get your point. When you don't provide one or any explanation on where you're headed with a post, expect a post to ask the point. Hence, my post.

I said "My contention is that the chance of droughts like this occurring increases with increasing global warming. Precipitation in the western US is strongly subject to the ENSO cycles whose timing and magnitude have been affected by global warming. Whatever the cause of this drought, there exists a very high likelihood that due to global warming, we will see more of these in the future than we have seen in the past. THAT is my position."

Are you under the impression that pre-industrial rainfall in southern california was so low that it's not possible for the area to suffer a drought?

This makes no sense at all as a question. And I don't even CARE about an explanation of what Crick was ACTUALLY thinking. All I want to know is why Dottie "liked" it.. :lol:

A fan of informed objectivity?
He got such a laugh out of it he just had to like it! good comedy sometimes brings that out of people. Objectivity, naw you ain't got any of that. All you have is NoNseNe.....................

Please explain why you believe my explanation of my position regarding drought and global warming is comical.

Crick said:
I said "My contention is that the chance of droughts like this occurring increases with increasing global warming. Precipitation in the western US is strongly subject to the ENSO cycles whose timing and magnitude have been affected by global warming. Whatever the cause of this drought, there exists a very high likelihood that due to global warming, we will see more of these in the future than we have seen in the past. THAT is my position."

Please explain why you believe my explanation of my position regarding drought and global warming is comical.

Crick said:
Why?

Why don't you first show me the experiment that proves adding 120 PPM of CO2 does anything to temperatures?

Because I have already done so more than once. I think I should start demanding you show us the experiment in which it fails.

Because I have already done so more than once. I think I should start demanding you show us the experiment in which it fails.
^ that

I already asked the denier troll to leave the thread if he can't provide any sourced material NOT from the Mercator Center.

Ha.. I love it when it rains in California hard enough to mask out all the wining... :D

resize

Drought reports are gonna get interesting now thru Thanksgiving..

Forum List

Back