California Democrats Initiate Fine for Owning an Electrical Vehicle

If I'm not mistaken they did this here in Washington state as well. Seems to me the people are being penalized for their efforts.
Yep. The left tell you to go electric, give you financial incentives, then pull the rug from under you while laughing what a fool you are to pay so much more for an electric vehicle.

What part of electric vehicles don't pay gas taxes because they don't use gas do you not get? And, since they don't pay gas taxes (which are used to keep the roads maintained), they have to be taxed some other way, and the solution they came up with was a 100 dollar tax on electric vehicles when they are registered. And, further back on the thread, someone figured out what a person who drove 30 miles/day would pay in a year on gas taxes and it came out to 216 dollars.

Electric vehicles are getting a good deal IMHO.
Democrats tax electrical vehicles now because they do not want people buying them.
The left closes the most CO2 friendly power plants and now goes after electric vehicles.
The left hate the environment.

If posters were smart they would not take your bait.

You damn well know the tax is to get electric car owners to pay into the system like petro driver's do when they fill at the pump.

If you own one of those electric cars and use the road then by damn you should pay and one hundred dollars is low...
Fining people for having solar on their homes is next.
Not paying their fair share for maintaining the grid.

Dunno where you are at, but around here, if you make more power than you use, you can sell the extra to the power company.

EV bastards don't have to go to smog check either? or an Oil change every 5K? Or so I ASSume.

The smog is paid for up front by the Coal fired power plant down by the seashore.

If I'm not mistaken they did this here in Washington state as well. Seems to me the people are being penalized for their efforts.
Yep. The left tell you to go electric, give you financial incentives, then pull the rug from under you while laughing what a fool you are to pay so much more for an electric vehicle.

What part of electric vehicles don't pay gas taxes because they don't use gas do you not get? And, since they don't pay gas taxes (which are used to keep the roads maintained), they have to be taxed some other way, and the solution they came up with was a 100 dollar tax on electric vehicles when they are registered. And, further back on the thread, someone figured out what a person who drove 30 miles/day would pay in a year on gas taxes and it came out to 216 dollars.

My Gas tax compilation was fairly confusing. Allow me to clarify. Each state has their own cost. FED cost is ~18cents per gallon I think?

So for example: at 50 cents per gallon tax total. If you buy 100 gallons per month (very long commute) it would cost Gas Car $50 dollars per month TOTAL or $600 per year.

As Bruce posted..........they are getting off cheap at $100 per year to the state....no charge to FED (as of now).

EV bastards don't have to go to smog check either? or an Oil change every 5K? Or so I ASSume.

The smog is paid for up front by the Coal fired power plant down by the seashore.

I watched a Tesla get built on Dream Cars - How It's Made on the Velocity channel and once they are built, they are remarkably low maintenance.

I watched a Tesla get built on Dream Cars - How It's Made on the Velocity channel and once they are built, they are remarkably low maintenance.

I had been doing my own Oil changes forever. Including dump into recycle bottles.

However, The newer cars have a cover below. About 10 bolts to take it off. You can't fit under to take it off unless you jack it up. You can't jack it up unless you do one side at a time UNTIL you take off this cover. It is a pain.

Now for about $50 total they will change the Oil and rotate the tires at the Ford dealer. Cannot hardly beat that at home. So every 5K..........I take it in. I had been doing ALL my own work forever but they are forcing me out.

I had a Positive battery cable connector go bad (battery terminal corroded).........you think cut off and put on a new one right? No Mas' Senorita, it is now a "harness" goes all over the car. $1000 later........all fixed by the dealer, of course. I did get them to pay 1/2 when I said "so much for your 29 point checkup EVERY OIL change". They broke down.....they took mercy on me. New battery also.

Democrats tax electrical vehicles now because they do not want people buying them.
The left closes the most CO2 friendly power plants and now goes after electric vehicles.

You damn well know the tax is to get electric car owners to pay into the system like petro driver's do when they fill at the pump.

If you own one of those electric cars and use the road then by damn you should pay and one hundred dollars is low...

Dunno where you are at, but around here, if you make more power than you use, you can sell the extra to the power company.
ten cents on the dollar.

Democrats are already working on fining people for having solar on their homes.

The left hates the environment.

ten cents on the dollar.

This had crossed my paranoid mind also. If you live in a Sunny state, I had began to surmise that they would NOT ALLOW you to sell your home until you installed "approved" Solar. Yes, I am sure they are working on it.

In addition........I have seen the additional "mileage tax" floated. In fact I though ORE or WASH had it in place?
If you drive a lot........you will pay more. They will get into your Odometer. They are coming for that.

ten cents on the dollar.

This had crossed my paranoid mind also. If you live in a Sunny state, I had began to surmise that they would NOT ALLOW you to sell your home until you installed "approved" Solar. Yes, I am sure they are working on it.

In addition........I have seen the additional "mileage tax" floated. In fact I though ORE or WASH had it in place?
If you drive a lot........you will pay more. They will get into your Odometer. They are coming for that.
Nanny State must control every aspect of your life.
They will cap how many miles you may drive, and fine you more and more for trying to reduce your carbon footprint.

ten cents on the dollar.

If you drive a lot with a gas engine, you will pay more than someone who doesn't drive a lot, because the more you drive, the more gas you use.

ten cents on the dollar.

If you drive a lot with a gas engine, you will pay more than someone who doesn't drive a lot, because the more you drive, the more gas you use.
Typical electric bill in San Diego is $500 a month. Plugging in your car every night doubles that because of the tiered rates.

Shows you the left does not even believe their own BS about fighting global warming.
Like cigarettes, you tax things that you want people to stop using. $100 this year, more next year and the more after that.

Bill Text - SB-1 Transportation funding.

Care to point out exactly where it says this? I'm not interested in reading all of this just to see if what you are claiming is accurate.

Shows you the left does not even believe their own BS about fighting global warming.
Like cigarettes, you tax things that you want people to stop using. $100 this year, more next year and the more after that.

Care to point out exactly where it says this? I'm not interested in reading all of this just to see if what you are claiming is accurate.

Here, I'll help you out with that....................

The bill would provide for the deposit of various funds for the program in the Road Maintenance and Rehabilitation Account, which the bill would create in the State Transportation Fund, including revenues attributable to a $0.12 per gallon increase, phased in over 3 years, in the motor vehicle fuel (gasoline) tax imposed by the bill with an inflation adjustment, as provided, an increase of $38 in the annual vehicle registration fee with an inflation adjustment, as provided, a new $100 annual vehicle registration fee with an inflation adjustment, as provided, applicable to zero-emission motor vehicles, as defined, and certain miscellaneous revenues described in (7) below that are not restricted as to expenditure by Article XIX of the California Constitution.

But, it also says that the gasoline tax will be increased by 0.12 as well. So, it's not so much a tax against electrical vehicles, but it is saying they are going to increase gas taxes as well as impose a 100 dollar tax on electrical vehicles to pay for the road maintenance.

Here:
"This bill would create the Road Maintenance and Rehabilitation Program to address deferred maintenance on the state highway system and the local street and road system because Boedicca is a lazy asshole. The bill would require the California Transportation Commission to adopt performance criteria, consistent with a specified asset management plan, to ensure efficient use of certain funds available for the program because dumbass leftists want to pass it to find out what is in this bill.. The bill would provide for the deposit of various funds for the program in the Road Maintenance and Rehabilitation Account, which the bill would create in the State Transportation Fund, including revenues attributable to a $0.12 per gallon increase, phased in over 3 years, in the motor vehicle fuel (gasoline) tax imposed by the bill with an inflation adjustment, as provided, an increase of $38 in the annual vehicle registration fee with an inflation adjustment, as provided, a new $100 annual vehicle registration fee with an inflation adjustment, as provided, applicable to zero-emission motor vehicles, as defined, and certain miscellaneous revenues described in (7) below that are not restricted as to expenditure by Article XIX of the California Constitution blah blah blah.

The bill would provide for the deposit of various funds for the program in the Road Maintenance and Rehabilitation Account, which the bill would create in the State Transportation Fund, including revenues attributable to a $0.12 per gallon increase, phased in over 3 years, in the motor vehicle fuel (gasoline) tax imposed by the bill with an inflation adjustment, as provided, an increase of $38 in the annual vehicle registration fee with an inflation adjustment, as provided, a new $100 annual vehicle registration fee with an inflation adjustment, as provided, applicable to zero-emission motor vehicles, as defined, and certain miscellaneous revenues described in (7) below that are not restricted as to expenditure by Article XIX of the California Constitution.

But, it also says that the gasoline tax will be increased by 0.12 as well. So, it's not so much a tax against electrical vehicles, but it is saying they are going to increase gas taxes as well as impose a 100 dollar tax on electrical vehicles to pay for the road maintenance.

Thank you. And inevitably, the money will be wasted on public employee compensation when it is added to the general fund instead of dedicated to road maintenance.

Our infrastructure is shit due to lack of proper maintenance.

Thank you. And inevitably, the money will be wasted on public employee compensation when it is added to the general fund instead of dedicated to road maintenance.

Not a problem, I knew Weatherman wasn't going to do it for you, and I also know he's wrong about it.

But, I think you should have said that it's crap due to lack of funding for maintenance. I know here around Amarillo they have the men and equipment to fix the roads, but they don't have the money to buy the materials and sometimes a pothole will be there for a while.

Georgia St. a couple of summers back was pure crap to drive or ride on because of all the cracks and holes in the street.

Not a problem, I knew Weatherman wasn't going to do it for you, and I also know he's wrong about it.

But, I think you should have said that it's crap due to lack of funding for maintenance. I know here around Amarillo they have the men and equipment to fix the roads, but they don't have the money to buy the materials and sometimes a pothole will be there for a while.

Georgia St. a couple of summers back was pure crap to drive or ride on because of all the cracks and holes in the street.

Here in CA we have been taxed enormous amounts of money with very little to show for it. Decades ago, our government built quite incredible infrastructure which supported economic growth. Since the 1970s, they have basically eaten our "seed corn" via excessive public union compensation and wasteful projects (bullet train)...while the infrastructure crumbles away.

It took bloody 20+ years to replace part of the Bay Bridge. Un-Frelling-Believable.

ten cents on the dollar.

Better not be caught riding a bicycle on the road.

ten cents on the dollar.

Why not? I ride my Lemond on a regular basis.

ten cents on the dollar.

You're using the roads and not paying gas taxes to do it. That's evil.

ten cents on the dollar.

You're using the roads and not paying gas taxes to do it. That's evil.

Wrong. I also drive. Besides, bicycles have almost zero impact on the roads. They aren't heavy enough to make potholes.

Forum List

Back