Cain stumbling under glare of national spotlight

"In a couple of instances ... I misspoke because of the pace of the interview. I don't call it a flip-flop. I'd rather come back and explain to people what I really meant," Cain said Friday after an economic speech in Detroit. "It doesn't send mixed messages. It just shows that I'm willing to correct myself ... if in fact I need to correct myself for clarity. That's what I'm trying to achieve."
Let’s remember that like Sarah Palin, Cain is popular among the TPM and far right because of his being unpolished, perceived as an ‘everyman,’ and ‘not part of the political establishment.’ Indeed, as with Palin with regard to the Couric interview, press attacks on Cain are seen by the TPM/far right as a badge of honor, proof yet again of the ‘liberal bias media.’

Consequently the press’ accurate reporting that Cain is not only unqualified to be president, and has no business being in the campaign, for that matter, will go ignored and rejected by the TPM/far right.

As an aside, for those who say they are not part of the TPM or far right and support Cain, you likely support Cain and reject the media image of him for the same reasons.

Cain was never a serious candidate. He was just the latest "fill in the blank". or the "Not Romney of the week".

The GOP leadership should realize that if there is this much dissatisfaction with the choices given, they should really be looking to more choices, instead of trying to front-load the process.

Instead, they are talking about how Romney can get this thing in the bag if he just wins Iowa? Really?

He gets 1/3rd of the vote in Iowa, and he gets to win. Don't even ask the people in the other 49 states what they think.

They are just asking for a third party to sprout up.

This whole thing will shake out to a Romney nomination...
At some point people will wake up and realize we need
to fix our problems and not do Stimulus after Stimulus
where Obama's union buddies get taken care of and the rest can
fend for themselves.

Even the die hard Obama zombies walking around chanting
"YES WE CAN"..will have to face reality and vote someone else in.

Last edited:
Stumbling? He's flailing around. Frankly, it would be funny if it wasn't so embarrassing in a candidate who's running for national office.

But it's not like he's the first GOP candidate the year to look positively foolish after grabbing high popularity numbers in the polls.

Palin (and to a lesser extent, Bachmann)
Trump
Perry
Paul

have all said some incredibly stupid things, but the conservative love keeps comin' their way.

But the one (or two) men who come across as stable and reasonable (and I'm not talking about Gingrich) are not popular with conservatives.

Conservatives just seem to like erratic candidates.

Stumbling? He's flailing around. Frankly, it would be funny if it wasn't so embarrassing in a candidate who's running for national office.

But it's not like he's the first GOP candidate the year to look positively foolish after grabbing high popularity numbers in the polls.

Trump
Perry
Paul

have all said some incredibly stupid things, but the conservative love keeps comin' their way.

But the one (or two) men who come across as stable and reasonable (and I'm not talking about Gingrich) are not popular with conservatives.

What you clowns so disingenuously ignore is the fact that Herman Cain has already faced more scrutiny and answered more questions than Barack Obama.......

But whatcha gonna do ? :dunno:

Trump
Perry
Paul

Erratic and manning UP seems to have you confused. When is Obama gonna man up? Let us know when he does, won't you?

Trump
Perry
Paul

They like whoever most comfortably matches them. Ergo and etc.

Trump
Perry
Paul

What you clowns so disingenuously ignore is the fact that Herman Cain has already faced more scrutiny and answered more questions than Barack Obama.......

You're delusional. Obama went through a bruising year-long primary battle with Hillary Clinton and faced the press (both national and local press) countless times. Cain is just starting to face scrutiny, and he's withering on the vine with hardly any grasp of the issues at all.

Aren't you embarrassed to have candidates who look so uninformed and so ill-prepared?

Trump
Perry
Paul

You're delusional. Obama went through a bruising year-long primary battle with Hillary Clinton and faced the press (both national and local press) countless times. Cain is just starting to face scrutiny, and he's withering on the vine with hardly any grasp of the issues at all.

Aren't you embarrassed to have candidates who look so uninformed and so ill-prepared?

Bruising my ass. In the end you didnt let some states have full votes allowed others to vote twice and still used super delegates.

Trump
Perry
Paul

HuffPost Comedy's 2011 GOP Debate Drinking Game (CHART)

Trump
Perry
Paul

Neither Hillary, McCain or the media put any heat on Obama, wtf were you watching? Christ, Joe the Plumber put more heat on Obama than any media outlet during his entire campaign.......

Neither Hillary, McCain or the media put any heat on Obama, wtf were you watching? Christ, Joe the Plumber put more heat on Obama than any media outlet during his entire campaign.......

Oh, people TRIED to put heat on Obama, but he's very cool under pressure. That's how he got the nickname, No Drama Obama.

Compare that to how Romney and Perry both became obviously flustered in the last debate when they squared off. They ain't got what it takes.

Doesnt matter he is the only one up there that is not status quo.

He admits when he is wrong.

Enough for me.

First time I will vote for someone for thier good qualities, rather than against someone's bad qualities

Last edited:

Forum List

Back