Cain stumbling under glare of national spotlight

Stumbling? He's flailing around. Frankly, it would be funny if it wasn't so embarrassing in a candidate who's running for national office.

But it's not like he's the first GOP candidate the year to look positively foolish after grabbing high popularity numbers in the polls.

Palin (and to a lesser extent, Bachmann)
Trump
Perry
Paul

have all said some incredibly stupid things, but the conservative love keeps comin' their way.

But the one (or two) men who come across as stable and reasonable (and I'm not talking about Gingrich) are not popular with conservatives.

Conservatives just seem to like erratic candidates.
Erratic and manning UP seems to have you confused. When is Obama gonna man up? Let us know when he does, won't you?

When are you pussypants 'Conservatives' going to man up? Took you 7 years not to get Bin Laden. President Obama got him in less than three. You spent almost a trillion, with three trillion being the final figure, and well over 4000 American lives removing a dicatator that had nothing to do with 9-11. President Obama aided the people in Libya in removing a dictator, and it cost no American lives, and less than 2 billion.

You guys are all flap yap and no action. Definately no results.

Took ME 7 years Gracie? :lol:

Why is that everyone who disagrees with bat crazy GOPtards are always allegedly so afraid of them? Who the hell was every afraid of a pizza man?

Why do the left feel the need to mock a self made, hard working, black conservative? So he worked for a pizza company... in what way is that a crime? He turned an unprofitable company into a profitable one - thereby saving the jobs of many of his fellow Americans. Since when is that a bad thing?

You - and morons like you - make me laugh. You have no concept of achievement in anyone you disagree with. Pathetic. If you agreed with Cain, and someone else mocked his background, you'd call them a racist.

Cain saved the company the way conservatives always save companies......close locations and lay off people

He is being sold as some type of economic messiah who will come in and rescue our economy. His resume is as a second rate businessman who ran a third rate pizza chain. There are tens of thousands of businessmen with more impressive resumes than Cain

Why is that everyone who disagrees with bat crazy GOPtards are always allegedly so afraid of them? Who the hell was every afraid of a pizza man?

Why do the left feel the need to mock a self made, hard working, black conservative? So he worked for a pizza company... in what way is that a crime? He turned an unprofitable company into a profitable one - thereby saving the jobs of many of his fellow Americans. Since when is that a bad thing?

You - and morons like you - make me laugh. You have no concept of achievement in anyone you disagree with. Pathetic. If you agreed with Cain, and someone else mocked his background, you'd call them a racist.
AQUILA Cain did not save jobs, he cut jobs. Godfather's was making a profit before AQUILA Cain came in. Godfather's lost stores and market share during AQUILA Cain's reign. Only a CON$ervative would call losses like that a "success."

Cain stumbling under glare of national spotlight - Yahoo! News

Only the Koch brothers will have you believe he was never stumbling from the beginning, the believe they can finance their own "black president" with this bumbling idiot.

There is nothing wrong with Cain. It's just difficult to defend a tax plan as horrible as 9-9-9. Sometimes, things may sound wonderful, but then when you actually analyze them you say "WTF?" That is 9-9-9.

AQUILA Cain did not save jobs, he cut jobs. Godfather's was making a profit before AQUILA Cain came in. Godfather's lost stores and market share during AQUILA Cain's reign. Only a CON$ervative would call losses like that a "success."

Not that I'm a Cain fan, he's about fourth on my "Anybody but Romney List", but even PolitiFact admits that he did good at Godfather's.

PolitiFact | Did Herman Cain turn around Godfather's Pizza?

The 620-store chain was on the brink of bankruptcy when he arrived in 1986, he says, and he "turned it around with common-sense business principles."

A PolitiFact examination of Godfather’s, based on interviews with industry analysts and company officials, shows Cain is largely correct. The chain wasn’t literally preparing paperwork for bankruptcy, but it was widely considered troubled. Cain changed that by uniting the franchisees, overhauling the chain's advertising, and getting his team focused on its core mission: pizza.

John Chisholm was a Godfather's franchisee who owned 90 restaurants in five states when Cain arrived to run the company.

"His leadership and his ability to deal with people were just outstanding. I have nothing but the highest praise for Herman Cain," Chisholm said.

Cain's primary accomplishment was motivating the people who worked for Godfather's, Chisolm said. The turn-around happened "mostly through motivation and talking to people and getting people to work as a team."

Cain is a gonner. His abortion, his electrified fence, his Gtmo prisoners trade for one of ours, stumbles; are all unforced errors. Nine-9-9 is a non-starter. it's a "briar patch" scenario just waiting to happen, and in Uncle Remus parlance Cain is Brer’ Rabbit, and his 999 plan is the tar-baby. It will stick to his hands and never let go.

The Dems (who aren't speaking up) just have to sit back and destroy anyone who goes with that or any other flat tax scheme, because the broad spectrum of American electorate won't buy into it, and anyone who tries to campaign on it will find it a very sticky substance indeed.

What I do like about Cain is that he does not attack colleagues

The significance of his campaign is that he shows the need for someone else besides Romney which is the reason for the surges for othrs. I would vote for Romney, I like him and believe he is probably the second best potential candidate, but he may be the inevitable choice because no one else in the party can beat him.

I would love to see Newt at the top, but I don't quite trust him either - and (still) he, like Cain does not attack colleagues.

Last edited:
All Cain is doing is pumping up his brand with a run for president so that he can sell more motivational speeches and write more books.

Kinda like what Palin did after 2008, only Cain is actually running.

Not that I'm a Cain fan, he's about fourth on my "Anybody but Romney List", but even PolitiFact admits that he did good at Godfather's.

PolitiFact | Did Herman Cain turn around Godfather's Pizza?

The 620-store chain was on the brink of bankruptcy when he arrived in 1986, he says, and he "turned it around with common-sense business principles."

A PolitiFact examination of Godfather’s, based on interviews with industry analysts and company officials, shows Cain is largely correct. The chain wasn’t literally preparing paperwork for bankruptcy, but it was widely considered troubled. Cain changed that by uniting the franchisees, overhauling the chain's advertising, and getting his team focused on its core mission: pizza.

John Chisholm was a Godfather's franchisee who owned 90 restaurants in five states when Cain arrived to run the company.

"His leadership and his ability to deal with people were just outstanding. I have nothing but the highest praise for Herman Cain," Chisholm said.

Cain's primary accomplishment was motivating the people who worked for Godfather's, Chisolm said. The turn-around happened "mostly through motivation and talking to people and getting people to work as a team."
It wasn't bankrupt, it was making money, but it was "troubled." The "trouble" was a law suit and it was settled BEFORE AQUILA Cain took over. In the parts you didn't quote, AQUILA Cain was basically a motivational speaker which merely allowed the chain to tread water.
From your link:
Cain has said that the chain returned to profitability within 14 months of his arrival. That number wasn’t possible for PolitiFact to independently confirm because the chain did not report its profits as a stand-alone unit, but industry analysts do not dispute that Cain stabilized the company.
Technomic, a research and consulting firm focused on the restaurant industry, has research data on Godfather’s going back to the 1970s. At PolitiFact’s request, vice president Darren Tristano examined the revenues and franchise numbers for Godfather’s during the time Cain headed it from 1986 to 1995.
It's not possible to determine profitability from those numbers, but they do show Godfather's place in the market, particularly in comparison with its competitors.
"It’s really hard from that period to find a strong positive or a strong negative. It’s more like ‘steady the course,’" Tristano said.

Forum List

Back