Bye Bye

P

ProudDem

Let me tell you what I have learned from posting on this board for one week:

- I have learned that I am dealing with a lot of uneducated people. I forget that when people are uneducated, they have difficulty arguing intelligently without calling people whores, liars, and other nasty words.

- I have learned that it's easy to go back to high school by joining a message board.

- I have learned that you are liked on this board only if you agree with the majority of people here, who are republicans/conservatives.

- I have learned that moderators don't follow the rules here.

- I have learned that I have wasted too much time on this board for the last week.

Thank God I am surrounded by intelligent people in my life.

aps said:

- I have learned that I am dealing with a lot of uneducated people. I forget that when people are uneducated, they have difficulty arguing intelligently without calling people whores, liars, and other nasty words.

- I have learned that it's easy to go back to high school by joining a message board.

- I have learned that you are liked on this board only if you agree with the majority of people here, who are republicans/conservatives.

- I have learned that I have wasted too much time on this board for the last week.

Different people are educated in different ways Proud....and the purpose of education is so that not everyone has the same ideology.

Intelligence has nothing to do with who is right or wrong.

Good luck in all your future endeavors.

aps said:

I have learned that you believe that anyone that does not agree with you is stupid

I have learned that you resort to insults when you don't get your way

I have learned that you are arrogant and narcissistic

I have learned that you are more self centered, selfish and self-righteous

Just because you are surrounded by people you believe to be intelligent does not mean you should be ridding the little bus to school

kurtsprincess said:
Different people are educated in different ways Proud....and the purpose of education is so that not everyone has the same ideology.

Intelligence has nothing to do with who is right or wrong.

Good luck in all your future endeavors.
Ditto, just to get your goat. :bye1: to aps.

Kathianne said:
Ditto, just to get your goat. :bye1: to aps.

living in California....I see this behavior all the time.....the intellectual and moral superiority exhibited by the left never cease to amaze me....I go to dinner parties all the time.....and I can tell you I have more fun arguing the opposite side of anything the say.....they become indignant....start telling you how educated they are....how stupid you are....start insulting you...then get upset when you insult them....then storm off.... i always leave them with.....so was that supposed to convince me to change my views and vote in lock step with you?

Abbey Normal said:
Uh, pardon me, but who is "aps"?
Proud Democrat, decided she wanted to be called by her 'initials'. Too bad she chose to leave, but I'm really pissed she said what she said about mods. I may choose to post pm's if she returns. (With admin. approval, of course. ;) )

manu1959 said:
living in California....I see this behavior all the time.....the intellectual and moral superiority exhibited by the left never cease to amaze me....I go to dinner parties all the time.....and I can tell you I have more fun arguing the opposite side of anything the say.....they become indignant....start telling you how educated they are....how stupid you are....start insulting you...then get upset when you insult them....then storm off.... i always leave them with.....so was that supposed to convince me to change my views and vote in lock step with you?

Hello there my fellow Californian..........I live in one of bluest counties in this state and I run into this type of liberal constantly. Had many debates and when the "well, if you were educated"..........excuse me!!! Let's compare educations.........life or university (cause I got both); on the job or just theorectical (got both of them)........and you are so right......they get indignant and start in with the name calling, and then leave in a huff!

Darn, now I have to go find a new toy to play with.

kurtsprincess said:
Hello there my fellow Californian..........I live in one of bluest counties in this state and I run into this type of liberal constantly. Had many debates and when the "well, if you were educated"..........excuse me!!! Let's compare educations.........life or university (cause I got both); on the job or just theorectical (got both of them)........and you are so right......they get indignant and start in with the name calling, and then leave in a huff!

Darn, now I have to go find a new toy to play with.

As for education, some of us have formal, some hard knocks/experience, and some both. I hope to put myself in the latter.

Kathianne said:
As for education, some of us have formal, some hard knocks/experience, and some both. I hope to put myself in the latter.

Me too............and most of my hard knocks happened while pursuing the formal.

Kathianne said:

It's like that "I don't have to brag about it" remark someone made. I think many here have degress, advanced degrees or are presently working on attaining their degree. Including every single person who responded to one her posts.

kurtsprincess said:
Me too............and most of my hard knocks happened while pursuing the formal.
No shi*. Money for one. Rough year teaching for another. I'll get it, I'm looking into a master's in history, done through the summer. If I can get financial aid, it will be a go. Then onto Phd.

Said1 said:
It's like that "I don't have to brag about it" remark someone made. I think many here have degress, advanced degrees or are presently working on attaining their degree. Including every single person who responded to one her posts.

ever been in a meeting when during an argument the retort starts......

i have been doing this 3o years............

i always respond....damn....and you still don't know what you are doing?

Speaking as one of the graduated public highschool non college educated redneck wannabe republican illiterates................ and since I first read aps today........... since ya can't take the heat......... don't let the door hit ya in the kitchen.

Kathianne said:
Proud Democrat, decided she wanted to be called by her 'initials'. Too bad she chose to leave, but I'm really pissed she said what she said about mods. I may choose to post pm's if she returns. (With admin. approval, of course. ;) )

Oh! I haven't read any threads yet with her new moniker.

You know, I believe I welcomed ProudDem to the board both publicly and with rep points, despite her name and philosophies. Try getting a lib to do that on a lib-dominated board. Yes, I and many others have no love for the current Dem party, but I don't recall ever posting any personal name-calling when I debated her. So I don't appreciate the other blanket remarks about us posters, either.

Frankly, I think that libs are so used to boards where almost everyone is a fellow lib, that when they actually have to debate even a small group of conservatives or libertarians, they just can't stomach it. I know what it is like to be a conservative voice on a lib board, and believe me, people here are usually much nicer to libs than the way other boards have treated me.

The "conservatives are stupid" stuff is so damn trite and overplayed, yet every single one of them continues to resort to it. I am proud of the thoughtfulness, skilled research, and debating skills of many of my fellow board members. You know who you are! Those of you who know me, know that I don't usually talk about myself, but I'll match my logical thinking, multiple state bar qualifications, work, and life experience with ProudDem or any other lib poster who comes here and tries to tell me I'm stupid. Pfft.

Kathianne said:
No shi*. Money for one. Rough year teaching for another. I'll get it, I'm looking into a master's in history, done through the summer. If I can get financial aid, it will be a go. Then onto Phd.

Good for you Kathianne!!

My hard knocks while pursuing a formal education were running my own business, relocating to the other end of the state, divorce, death of parents, raising a wild child!!! School was my refuge. In fact, it's where I met Kurt!

I'll probably be taking some type of class for the rest of my life. Graduated from college 1998, but continue to take odd ball classes here and there.
Last year I took pilates and golf lessons at the local junior college. It was a lot cheaper than private lessons. I'm always engaged in some type of seminar......conflict resolution, writing business plan, reading body language. I love our junior college.

I think I'm ready to continue my formal education ....... masters in OD (Organizational Development).

As for Proud's conclusions.........I'm am sorely lacking in the progressive political education arena (I don't participate in DU, or read the Huffington Post).........so I guess I do qualify for uneducated in some respects.

Abbey Normal said:

You know, I believe I welcomed ProudDem to the board both publicly and with rep points, despite her name and philosophies. Try getting a lib to do that on a lib-dominated board. Yes, I and many others have no love for the current Dem party, but I don't recall ever posting any personal name-calling when I debated her. So I don't appreciate the other blanket remarks about us posters, either.

Frankly, I think that libs are so used to boards where almost everyone is a fellow lib, that when they actually have to debate even a small group of conservatives or libertarians, they just can't stomach it. I know what it is like to be a conservative voice on a lib board, and believe me, people here are usually much nicer to libs than the way other boards have treated me.

The "conservatives are stupid" stuff is so damn trite and overplayed, yet every single one of them continues to resort to it. I am proud of the thoughtfulness, skilled research, and debating skills of many of my fellow board members. You know who you are! Those of you who know me, know that I don't usually talk about myself, but I'll match my logical thinking, post-grad degree, multiple state bar qualifications, work, and life experience with ProudDem or any other lib poster who comes here and tries to tell me I'm stupid. Pfft.

You and me both Abbey. If I read her posts right, she claimed to be an attorney. I advised her to deal with the arguments and ignore ad hominem attacks. For that she says I 'set a different standard?' :death:

kurtsprincess said:
Good for you Kathianne!!

My hard knocks while pursuing a formal education were running my own business, relocating to the other end of the state, divorce, death of parents, raising a wild child!!! School was my refuge. In fact, it's where I met Kurt!

I'll probably be taking some type of class for the rest of my life. Graduated from college 1998, but continue to take odd ball classes here and there.
Last year I took pilates and golf lessons at the local junior college. It was a lot cheaper than private lessons. I'm always engaged in some type of seminar......conflict resolution, writing business plan, reading body language. I love our junior college.

I think I'm ready to continue my formal education ....... masters in OD (Organizational Development).

As for Proud's conclusions.........I'm am sorely lacking in the progressive political education arena (I don't participate in DU, or read the Huffington Post).........so I guess I do qualify for uneducated in some respects.

I'd rep if I hadn't 'given out too much rep'. I think we should sink that, but jmo. I'm all for schooling, but some of the smartest people I know have high school or less. (They are oldsters, but doesn't mean that younger drop outs or hs graduates don't qualify.) My mom was the smartest person I've met, bar none-which is saying alot since I attended University of Chicago for a year.

Abbey Normal said:

The "conservatives are stupid" stuff is so damn trite and overplayed, yet every single one of them continues to resort to it. I am proud of the thoughtfulness, skilled research, and debating skills of many of my fellow board members. You know who you are! Those of you who know me, know that I don't usually talk about myself, but I'll match my logical thinking, multiple state bar qualifications, work, and life experience with ProudDem or any other lib poster who comes here and tries to tell me I'm stupid. Pfft.

Ditto the "pfft"!!!

I think the silent majority are starting to speak up and challenge the blanket statements being made and the libs are having a hard time backing up their generalizations with fact........and they are getting frustrated.

My concern is that they will go back to one of those liberals boards and encourage a gang of lib trolls to descend upon us. However, I think the members of this board can pretty much take on that challenge if it comes about. :coffee3:

Forum List

Back