Bye Bye

ProudDem said:
Let me tell you what I have learned from posting on this board for one week:

- I have learned that I am dealing with a lot of uneducated people. I forget that when people are uneducated, they have difficulty arguing intelligently without calling people whores, liars, and other nasty words.

Educated people like ProudDem seem to have a problem with looking up facts to counter arguments..... which is remarkable, since there is now such a thing as "Google" that makes it easy to look up articles on the Internet....

Instead people like PD like to present opinion pieces as proof of their arguments.

My credentials....

BS Electrical Engineering Clarkson College 1979
MS Computer Engineering Syracuse University 1986

Currently a Java programmer for Lockheed Martin

Last book read - "The Classical Greeks" by Michael Grant
Currently reading - "The Quantum World" and listening to Herodotus' "The Histories"

I am also am learning ancient Egyptian Hieroglyphs.... but I can't find any ancient Egyptians to practice on!!! :)

USViking said:
Why was this guy banned?

I guess he pissed somebody off bad.

Details, anyone?

Ok, I will explain.

ProudDem tried to send a PM to xen but she got a message back stating that his mailbox was full and cannot currently receive any messages. For some odd reason, she forwarded this message to me and ASKED to be banned. I honestly have no clue what got her panties in a wad, but I honored her request.

Also, she clearly broke the rules. Gripes about the board are supposed to be taken private. Complaining about moderator actions are to be taken private. Not once did she ever make an attempt to make her stay here enjoyable but rather chose to be antagonistic.

Once she started this thread and I got home and read her email it was more than obvious she was done here.

She gave her 2 weeks notice and I allowed her to resign effective immediately. :)

KarlMarx said:
Educated people like ProudDem seem to have a problem with looking up facts to counter arguments..... which is remarkable, since there is now such a thing as "Google" that makes it easy to look up articles on the Internet....

Instead people like PD like to present opinion pieces as proof of their arguments.

My credentials....

BS Electrical Engineering Clarkson College 1979
MS Computer Engineering Syracuse University 1986

Currently a Java programmer for Lockheed Martin

Last book read - "The Classical Greeks" by Michael Grant
Currently reading - "The Quantum World" and listening to Herodotus' "The Histories"

I am also am learning ancient Egyptian Hieroglyphs.... but I can't find any ancient Egyptians to practice on!!! :)

I think I qualify for ancient........just not Egyptian!!!

Congratulations on all your accomplishments KarlMarx. Impressive. :bow2:

I'm currently involved in "The One Thing You Need to Know" by Marcus Buckingham and Dean Koontz' "Intensity". As soon as Kurt and I get some time together we are going to listen to "A Purposeful Life".

I will confess that when I go to Hawaii next month I will be reading trashy romance or thrillers (different kind of edumacation)! :mm:

jimnyc said:
Ok, I will explain.

ProudDem tried to send a PM to xen but she got a message back stating that his mailbox was full and cannot currently receive any messages. For some odd reason, she forwarded this message to me and ASKED to be banned. I honestly have no clue what got her panties in a wad, but I honored her request.

Also, she clearly broke the rules. Gripes about the board are supposed to be taken private. Complaining about moderator actions are to be taken private. Not once did she ever make an attempt to make her stay here enjoyable but rather chose to be antagonistic.

Once she started this thread and I got home and read her email it was more than obvious she was done here.

She gave her 2 weeks notice and I allowed her to resign effective immediately. :)

She does sound a bit drafty between the ears.

Still, my own view is that such people should be humored without terminal action, as long as they are not a complete nuisance.

I'm a bit edgy from being a member of another board where members who strike me as inoffensive to valuable disappear without notice into the night.

USViking said:
She does sound a bit drafty between the ears.

Still, my own view is that such people should be humored without terminal action, as long as they are not a complete nuisance.

I'm a bit edgy from being a member of another board where members who strike me as inoffensive to valuable disappear without notice into the night.
Cyberspace is full of flighty shits, ain't it?

jimnyc said:
ProudDem tried to send a PM to xen but she got a message back stating that his mailbox was full and cannot currently receive any messages. For some odd reason, she forwarded this message to me and ASKED to be banned.
Did she give you a message intended for me? what was it?
Concerning her leaving, strange. She gave no indication to ME that she was
Said something about this place being like highschool.

xen said:

Maybe she thought that she was being stopped from sending messages because of her political ideology.

:dunno:

That the place is sometimes like HS, meh. Every place in the world sometimes resembles HS when people get theatrical about 'insults'.

xen said:

Yup, Xen, it's another one of those vast right wing conspiracies. The mods (with the full backing of the Pentagon and the Skull & Bones organization), knew Proud wanted to contact you, so they filled up your PM box with Conservative talking points and alien communiques.

Then to be sure she would no longer attempt to contact you, they sent her to Iraq to fight that dang immoral war.

And there was a Second Banner on the grassy Admin. knoll.

:terror:

Abbey Normal said:
Yup, Xen, it's another on of those vast right wing conspiracies. The mods (with the full backing of the Pentagon and the Skull & Bones organization), knew Proud wanted to contact you, so they filled up your PM box with Conservative talking points and alien communiques.

Then to be sure she would no longer attempt to contact you, they sent her to Iraq to fight that dang immoral war.

And there was a Second Banner on the grassy Admin. knoll.

:terror:
:sleep:

no1tovote4 said:
Maybe she thought that she was being stopped from sending messages because of her political ideology.
That could be possible. Oh well, if she wanted to leave then. :bye1:

That the place is sometimes like HS, meh. Every place in the world sometimes resembles HS when people get theatrical about 'insults'.
Ya you're right...
Yesterday I was thinking how the world is kinda like a HS, and we are the most popular kid. :happy2:

This is pure garbage. Every so-called fact you conservatives post on this forum comes from a Michelle Malkin, Anne Coulter or Rush Limbaugh clone blog site. Everything you post is opinion! It's like I'm fighting a double standard here! So am I to believe that it's ok for conservatives to spout off irresponsibly and post articles from conservative blogs, but I have to back my stuff up with accredited lab research because I'm a liberal?

Please. :bsflag:

New Topics

Forum List

Back