Busy roads and skies: Record-breaking Labor Day travel expected this weekend

I don't understand. If the economy is terrible how are people affording to travel?

If the economy is so bad, and people are doing so poorly, how can we have record breaking airline travel?

If gas is so expensive and people can't even afford to get to work how are they paying for their trips?

Anybody?

Don’t you give a shit about the 20% on welfare?
20+ Important Welfare Statistics for 2023 | Fortunly

Don’t you give a shit about the 20% on welfare?
20+ Important Welfare Statistics for 2023 | Fortunly
No dembots don’t care about a record number of americans worse off since xiden took office, the record credit card debt people are collecting to survive in this dark time, the over half million jobs lost in two months (the worst since the Great Recession), they only care about the cult

I’m not, nor am I one of the record number of americans worse off since xiden took office

But just because I’m personally not doing mean millions of others aren’t…
Why would you assume others would it you won't?

Why do you assume others are worse off if you aren't?

I don't understand. If the economy is terrible how are people affording to travel?

If the economy is so bad, and people are doing so poorly, how can we have record breaking airline travel?

If gas is so expensive and people can't even afford to get to work how are they paying for their trips?

Anybody?
Sure .. with 61% of Americans living paycheck-to-paycheck and using the Kamala's approach where a majority of people can't afford a $400 expense .. it translates into living outside one's means -- credit card and debt.

Sure .. with 61% of Americans living paycheck-to-paycheck and using the Kamala's approach where a majority of people can't afford a $400 expense .. it translates into living outside one's means -- credit card and debt.
Are you traveling on your credit cards?

Are you traveling on your credit cards?
Haha you just can’t accept the answer to your question.

You were so proud to come here and say the economy isn’t bad because a record number of people are traveling and how can that be in a bad economy!?!

And the answer is simple, they are going into debt…record levels of debt. the numbers don’t lie.

I am not assuming…there is record credit card debt, that’s a numerical fact
But it doesn't necessarily follow that people are worse off.

You claim you aren't, I know I'm not, who is?

Haha you just can’t accept the answer to your question.

You were so proud to come here and say the economy isn’t bad because a record number of people are traveling and how can that be in a bad economy!?!

And the answer is simple, they are going into debt…record levels of debt. the numbers don’t lie.
YOu are hoping that's the case. You claim you aren't. I know I'm not. Nobody has come here and admitted they are doing it.

Where's your evidence? Just that credit card debt has gone up? That goes up and down all the time.

Packed up our trailer for a campground less than an hour from home and we’re gone for 4 days, that was our vacation this year. This weekend we stayed home and that is it, I don’t have confidence in the economy to spend money this year, the signs aren’t good, inflation is back on the rise, credit card debt is at an all time high, people taking 401k hardships, without government spending lots of money, our economy is on a downturn. I hope it reverses itself soon.

I’m not sure why credit card debt is so high but I hope it Isn’t for vacations.

So why do you assume others are?
When 61% live paycheck to paycheck, roughly 33% have little to no savings and consumers have surpassed $1Trillion in credit card debt .. the statistics and reality says so. They sure aren't growing a money tree in their back yard.

YOu are hoping that's the case. You claim you aren't. I know I'm not. Nobody has come here and admitted they are doing it.

Where's your evidence? Just that credit card debt has gone up? That goes up and down all the time.
No I think it’s sad it is the case! Hoping? The numbers don’t lie, we have record high credit card debt in the country

Why is reality so hard for you to accept?

Yes but this is antidotal and as such, meaningless.
It's data. They claim this is happening, so I'm asking if it's happening to them or if they just think it is happening.

It's like the whole "Biden's economy sucks" thing. You guys all say it does, but all of you claim to be doing great financially. SO who is the economy bad for? I'm doing great, you're doing great, where is this bad economy you keep talking about?

No I think it’s sad it is the case! Hoping? The numbers don’t lie, we have record high credit card debt in the country

Why is reality so hard for you to accept?
We also have record population, record numbers of people working, and historically low unemployment.

Maybe we have record credit card debt simply because more people have good enough credit to get cards when they couldn't before?

You are assuming the worst because you want the economy to be bad, even though there's no indication it is.

Forum List

Back