Busy roads and skies: Record-breaking Labor Day travel expected this weekend

Crepitus

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2018
I don't understand. If the economy is terrible how are people affording to travel?

If the economy is so bad, and people are doing so poorly, how can we have record breaking airline travel?

If gas is so expensive and people can't even afford to get to work how are they paying for their trips?

Anybody?

I don't understand. If the economy is terrible how are people affording to travel?

If the economy is so bad, and people are doing so poorly, how can we have record breaking airline travel?

If gas is so expensive and people can't even afford to get to work how are they paying for their trips?

Anybody?

Master Card and Visa create miracles.

Anybody?

70% of Americans say the country is going in the wrong direction. Inflation is going back up, evictions are at a high, foreclosures are at a high, credit card debt is at a high, people are taking money out of their retirement accounts in record numbers, and even you guys say that people can't afford their student loans.

We took our vacation in early July it was different this year in we didn’t do as many side outings as we normally do, we cooked in way more only ate out three times. Had we not already paid for the trip in advance we would not have gone, it didn’t really feel like a vacation. I know a few people at work who have said the same thing this year felt less like a vacation and more like an out of town trip. I think you can juice the numbers to make whatever point fits your narrative.

Anybody?

The poor and middle class must be doing better than we thought.

70% of Americans say the country is going in the wrong direction. Inflation is going back up, evictions are at a high, foreclosures are at a high, credit card debt is at a high, people are taking money out of their retirement accounts in record numbers, and even you guys say that people can't afford their student loans.
You're deflecting.

Can you answer my question?

We took our vacation in early July it was different this year in we didn’t do as many side outings as we normally do, we cooked in way more only ate out three times. Had we not already paid for the trip in advance we would not have gone, it didn’t really feel like a vacation. I know a few people at work who have said the same thing this year felt less like a vacation and more like an out of town trip. I think you can juice the numbers to make whatever point fits your narrative.
Actually I'm asking genuine questions and appreciate your input.

Anybody?

Because Americans now have record credit card debt. Thanks xiden

Actually I'm asking genuine questions and appreciate your input.
No worries, I am sure there are some families who charged their vacation especially if you have kids or went to a place that didn’t allow you to prepare meals at your location. Like I said we cut out things like renting bikes, mini golf, the arcade/fishing pier, didn’t get tacky gifts for friends or family. Two of the meals we ate out we planned as a late lunch to take advantage of the lower price and then needed a light dinner as we were still kind of full. I live in a big tourist area and we have had stories all season long about how sales are down and people are not spending the way they did in previous years, The stories that do try and highlight the increase in spending use the benchmark of 2020 as a comparison, I mean yes things are better than when the country was shutdown and no one was really traveling but they are miserable when compared to preCovid.

I did answer your question by telling you that 70% of Americans think the country is going in the wrong direction and yet you seem to have your head in the sand over that.

Not according to Joe Biden. He says he has the economy running like a Family Dollar watch. And the Dem faithful are on their knees praying to the bugger.

Are you traveling on your credit cards?
I’m not, nor am I one of the record number of americans worse off since xiden took office

But just because I’m personally not doing mean millions of others aren’t…

Anybody?

It's a mirage.

Forum List

Back