Bush's Initial Reaction To The News on 9/11 Was Perfect

RWers, don't for a second take this as some forgiveness of Bush...the man was a COLOSSAL failure, let's keep that point in the forefront.

However, he handled THAT particular instance well.

WHAT was done? The terrorist accomplished everything they set out to do that day except for Flight 93. Don't you dare desecrate the memories of those brave passengers on that flight by giving any credit to Bush or his administration.
So...you have no idea what could have been done better; you just know that Bush didn't do something.

I repeat: he could cure cancer and you'd still find something to bitch about.
How many investigations did the Democrats launch into Bush's war record?
Conyers held hearings in a broom closet. :lol: If that's all the "official" attention they could get, I'd say Bush didn't commit any crimes at all, wouldn't you?

You probably need to grow up and realize that being the object of irrational leftist hatred isn't a crime.
And YOU are still whining?
I gave up whining when I stopped being a liberal.
The Republicans have already said if they gain power, they will shut down government by launching numerous investigations.
If Democrats haven't done anything wrong, they have noting to worry about, right?

Or does that only apply to Republicans being investigated?
You right wingers are the scum of the earth.
Oh, gee, coming from you, that's...meaningless. :lol:

So what could he have done that wasn't already being done?

What could have been done?...We didn't KNOW at THAT time. You keep forgetting...WHAT DID BUSH OR ANYONE KNOW AT THAT TIME? 'America was under attack.' WHAT is the job and responsibility to the office and position; Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces of the United States of America? It was Bush's seminal moment and he FAILED. If one of my family members was on board a hijacked domestic commercial aircraft, I wouldn't want the decision to end their life in the hands of a subordinate.

I can say with complete certainty if this were Clinton or Obama, the right would have crucified them. The left is way too forgiving.
Brother,

Its not about what they would do or wouldn't do. We say we're bigger than them, lets be bigger than them.

Laughable.... you twits crucified Bush for his "lack of emotion" and continuing to read "Terry the Goat" or whatever it was. MAtter of fact, you shit your pants for 8 years over everything and nothing.. simultaneously.

Nobody takes you serious.

Did the right crucify Clinton when the '93 WTC bombing occured? No....

But you're damn right about crucifying Obama....we're gonna get our asses handed to us with that ASSHAT in charge. And when we do, then you'll REALLY see incompetence at work....

Talk about a circle jerk....one things for sure, you won't catch Obama at an elementary school reading to kids...he's got too many more important things to be doing. Hell, he's liable to be on vacation again. Besides, he doesn't read from books...only teleprompters.

A circle jerk? The Republicans wasted millions if taxpayer's dollars investigating a fucking blowjob.

Vacation...guess who set the record for most vacation time while president?

487 Days At Camp David For Bush - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

George W. Bush's vacation time (grand total)

487 days at Camp David
490 days at Crawford Ranch
43 days at Kennebunkport Compound

Total: 1020 days, more than 1/3rd of his presidency. Bush set the record for most vacation time taken by president.

Carter took 79 days in 4 years.
Clinton took 152 days in 8 years.

Reagan took 335 days in 8 years.
Bush Sr. took 543 days in 4 years!
WTF does that have to do with how Bush responded on 9/11?

Nothing. Just random BDS symptoms.

So YOU propose to tell a grown man...the leader of the free Western Culture HOW to act?

Dude? YOU while removing that splinter from his eye refuse to remove the very PLANK in front of yours.

YES Dude...Bush FAILED miserably. Andrew Card whispered in Bush's ear that 'America is under attack' The teacher and the classroom of 2nd graders did not hear it and they were not privy to that information, so there is no credible reason Bush couldn't have excused himself without causing alarm, panic or suspicion. OR you know, he could have just LIED, something he was good at; he could have said he had to take an important phone call in the hallway and not returned.

What I find fascinating is all you right wing pea brains constantly disavow Bush as a RINO and that none of you thought he was a good president...UNTIL someone calls him out, THEN you defend this poor excuse for a leader with every cell in your pathetic little bodies.
Brother,

What should Bush have done? What could he have done?

The man was reading to kids at the time for goodness sake.

Let's be rashional about this. There's a LOT to Bash Bush for, but for the initial reaction...he did well.

Again, his excuse for attacking Iraq was criminal, but his initial reaction was dead on, we should be able to admit good when its done...this is what we want as well.

Can you not agree?

Not only do I not agree, I vehemently NOT agree. You put reading to a class of second graders ahead of the security of our nation, and you add the word rational?

At THAT moment all Bush knew was that 'AMERICA IS UNDER ATTACK'...and you believe just sitting there is the proper response for the Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces of the United States of America? Did he know WHO was attacking? Did he know how BIG the attack was? Did he know if HE was a target? Did he know if there might be a NUCLEAR attack? Did he even ASK?

Well Mark, you have a whole group of pea brains that agree with you, and I have Lee Iacocca...

Excerpt from Where Have All the Leaders Gone? by Lee Iacocca - Leadershop @ LeadershipNow.com

Leaders are made, not born. Leadership is forged in times of crisis. It's easy to sit there with your feet up on the desk and talk theory. Or send someone else's kids off to war when you've never seen a battlefield yourself. It's another thing to lead when your world comes tumbling down.

On September 11, 2001, we needed a strong leader more than any other time in our history. We needed a steady hand to guide us out of the ashes. Where was George Bush? He was reading a story about a pet goat to kids in Florida when he heard about the attacks. He kept sitting there for twenty minutes with a baffled look on his face. It's all on tape. You can see it for yourself. Then, instead of taking the quickest route back to Washington and immediately going on the air to reassure the panicked people of this country, he decided it wasn't safe to return to the White House. He basically went into hiding for the day -- and he told Vice President Dick Cheney to stay put in his bunker. We were all frozen in front of our TVs, scared out of our wits, waiting for our leaders to tell us that we were going to be okay, and there was nobody home. It took Bush a couple of days to get his bearings and devise the right photo op at Ground Zero.

That was George Bush's moment of truth, and he was paralyzed. And what did he do when he'd regained his composure? He led us down the road to Iraq -- a road his own father had considered disastrous when he was President. But Bush didn't listen to Daddy. He listened to a higher father. He prides himself on being faith based, not reality based. If that doesn't scare the crap out of you, I don't know what will.

What could have been done?...We didn't KNOW at THAT time. You keep forgetting...WHAT DID BUSH OR ANYONE KNOW AT THAT TIME? 'America was under attack.' WHAT is the job and responsibility to the office and position; Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces of the United States of America? It was Bush's seminal moment and he FAILED. If one of my family members was on board a hijacked domestic commercial aircraft, I wouldn't want the decision to end their life in the hands of a subordinate.

I can say with complete certainty if this were Clinton or Obama, the right would have crucified them. The left is way too forgiving.

But you're damn right about crucifying Obama....we're gonna get our asses handed to us with that ASSHAT in charge. And when we do, then you'll REALLY see incompetence at work....

Talk about a circle jerk....one things for sure, you won't catch Obama at an elementary school reading to kids...he's got too many more important things to be doing. Hell, he's liable to be on vacation again. Besides, he doesn't read from books...only teleprompters.

A circle jerk? The Republicans wasted millions if taxpayer's dollars investigating a fucking blowjob.

487 days at Camp David

Total: 1020 days, more than 1/3rd of his presidency. Bush set the record for most vacation time taken by president.

Yep...he spent a HELL of a lot of time at his little Texas ranch...with the red phone on the desk...and he spent a HELL of a lot of time at Camp David with the red phone on the desk there too...and Kennebunkport...not so many days...but then you have to ask yourself this question...how much did it cost per night to stay at his ranch? How much did it cost to stay at Camp David each night? How many jet setting trips to ol' George take with his wife and kids and friends and extended family and 43 aids for the first lady and 6 sitters for the kids? What's that? None? That's exactly right.... NONE.

I'm sorry did you say wasted MILLIONS with an "M"? Yes...I looked back.. you did say MILLIONS.

I think just last week, Obama tacked another 50 BILLION (with a B) onto the failed stimulus plan...and incredibly he did it for additional infrastructure improvements... WHAT DO YA KNOW!!!!?????!!!! MORE TEMPORARY JOBS!!! HOT DAMN!!!!

talk about waste.

But I digress....let's talk about that investigation into the little scandal at 1600 also known as "ZIPPERGATE". What on earth would have happened if it had been GWB getting his whistle blown in the Oral Office?? I'm sure you would have made it out to be little or nothing for him too...( of course that would also usher in the second coming)

I wonder...do you think Bush would have lied under oath to the highest court in the land? I'm gonna say you would say yes, because to you Bush is nothing but a liar...and when you bring up the fact that ol' Bill was given a VERY broad line to walk on the "sexual relations" question, ask yourself if you would have been so forgiving if it had been GWB...

YES Dude...Bush FAILED miserably. Andrew Card whispered in Bush's ear that 'America is under attack' The teacher and the classroom of 2nd graders did not hear it and they were not privy to that information, so there is no credible reason Bush couldn't have excused himself without causing alarm, panic or suspicion. OR you know, he could have just LIED, something he was good at; he could have said he had to take an important phone call in the hallway and not returned.

What I find fascinating is all you right wing pea brains constantly disavow Bush as a RINO and that none of you thought he was a good president...UNTIL someone calls him out, THEN you defend this poor excuse for a leader with every cell in your pathetic little bodies.
Brother,

What should Bush have done? What could he have done?

The man was reading to kids at the time for goodness sake.

Let's be rashional about this. There's a LOT to Bash Bush for, but for the initial reaction...he did well.

Again, his excuse for attacking Iraq was criminal, but his initial reaction was dead on, we should be able to admit good when its done...this is what we want as well.

Can you not agree?

Not only do I not agree, I vehemently NOT agree. You put reading to a class of second graders ahead of the security of our nation, and you add the word rational?

At THAT moment all Bush knew was that 'AMERICA IS UNDER ATTACK'...and you believe just sitting there is the proper response for the Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces of the United States of America? Did he know WHO was attacking? Did he know how BIG the attack was? Did he know if HE was a target? Did he know if there might be a NUCLEAR attack? Did he even ASK?

Well Mark, you have a whole group of pea brains that agree with you, and I have Lee Iacocca...

Excerpt from Where Have All the Leaders Gone? by Lee Iacocca - Leadershop @ LeadershipNow.com

Leaders are made, not born. Leadership is forged in times of crisis. It's easy to sit there with your feet up on the desk and talk theory. Or send someone else's kids off to war when you've never seen a battlefield yourself. It's another thing to lead when your world comes tumbling down.

On September 11, 2001, we needed a strong leader more than any other time in our history. We needed a steady hand to guide us out of the ashes. Where was George Bush? He was reading a story about a pet goat to kids in Florida when he heard about the attacks. He kept sitting there for twenty minutes with a baffled look on his face. It's all on tape. You can see it for yourself. Then, instead of taking the quickest route back to Washington and immediately going on the air to reassure the panicked people of this country, he decided it wasn't safe to return to the White House. He basically went into hiding for the day -- and he told Vice President Dick Cheney to stay put in his bunker. We were all frozen in front of our TVs, scared out of our wits, waiting for our leaders to tell us that we were going to be okay, and there was nobody home. It took Bush a couple of days to get his bearings and devise the right photo op at Ground Zero.

That was George Bush's moment of truth, and he was paralyzed. And what did he do when he'd regained his composure? He led us down the road to Iraq -- a road his own father had considered disastrous when he was President. But Bush didn't listen to Daddy. He listened to a higher father. He prides himself on being faith based, not reality based. If that doesn't scare the crap out of you, I don't know what will.

Iacocca? Is he still alive? LOL....

Wait...wait...is that....no...damn..I thought I heard violins playing as I read that about Bush going into hiding....but alas, it was just my dog, Champ, whining for me to let his geriatric ass back in from a piss break...

But I gotta hand it to ya BF...you've got a gift for crafting your bullshit into something larger than lif...errr... I mean... larger than more bullshit.

RWers, don't for a second take this as some forgiveness of Bush...the man was a COLOSSAL failure, let's keep that point in the forefront.

However, he handled THAT particular instance well.

Oh...don't worry...we fully understand that you have NO love for Bush...LOL

personally, i think had Gore won the 2000 elections he would likely have done about the same things in the direct aftermath of 9/11

however i dont know if he would have done everything exactly the same months out

I don't think Gore would have invaded Iraq. I think there's little doubt we'd still be in Afghanistan, however.

personally, i think had Gore won the 2000 elections he would likely have done about the same things in the direct aftermath of 9/11

however i dont know if he would have done everything exactly the same months out

I don't think Gore would have invaded Iraq. I think there's little doubt we'd still be in Afghanistan, however.
which is why i said "the direct aftermath"
;)

487 days at Camp David

Yep...he spent a HELL of a lot of time at his little Texas ranch...with the red phone on the desk...and he spent a HELL of a lot of time at Camp David with the red phone on the desk there too...and Kennebunkport...not so many days...but then you have to ask yourself this question...how much did it cost per night to stay at his ranch? How much did it cost to stay at Camp David each night? How many jet setting trips to ol' George take with his wife and kids and friends and extended family and 43 aids for the first lady and 6 sitters for the kids? What's that? None? That's exactly right.... NONE.

I'm sorry did you say wasted MILLIONS with an "M"? Yes...I looked back.. you did say MILLIONS.

I think just last week, Obama tacked another 50 BILLION (with a B) onto the failed stimulus plan...and incredibly he did it for additional infrastructure improvements... WHAT DO YA KNOW!!!!?????!!!! MORE TEMPORARY JOBS!!! HOT DAMN!!!!

talk about waste.

But I digress....let's talk about that investigation into the little scandal at 1600 also known as "ZIPPERGATE". What on earth would have happened if it had been GWB getting his whistle blown in the Oral Office?? I'm sure you would have made it out to be little or nothing for him too...( of course that would also usher in the second coming)

I wonder...do you think Bush would have lied under oath to the highest court in the land? I'm gonna say you would say yes, because to you Bush is nothing but a liar...and when you bring up the fact that ol' Bill was given a VERY broad line to walk on the "sexual relations" question, ask yourself if you would have been so forgiving if it had been GWB...

Hey pea brain, if you like letters, how about a T? How about THREE T's??

The Iraq War Will Cost Us $3 Trillion, and Much More

At least President Obama wants to spend taxpayer's money building America's infrastructure, not IRAQ'S

BTW, how many human being died or were maimed during 'Zippergate'?

Because...AN INTERROGATOR SPEAKS
Matthew Alexander led an interrogations team assigned to a Special Operations task force in Iraq in 2006.

I learned in Iraq that the No. 1 reason foreign fighters flocked there to fight were the abuses carried out at Abu Ghraib and Guantanamo. Our policy of torture was directly and swiftly recruiting fighters for al-Qaeda in Iraq. The large majority of suicide bombings in Iraq are still carried out by these foreigners. They are also involved in most of the attacks on U.S. and coalition forces in Iraq. It's no exaggeration to say that at least half of our losses and casualties in that country have come at the hands of foreigners who joined the fray because of our program of detainee abuse. The number of U.S. soldiers who have died because of our torture policy will never be definitively known, but it is fair to say that it is close to the number of lives lost on Sept. 11, 2001. How anyone can say that torture keeps Americans safe is beyond me -- unless you don't count American soldiers as Americans.

Hey, I bet your man crush Bush paid for renovations to the White House out of his own pocket, so bring me evidence OK?

Barack & Michelle Obama Pay for White House Renovations with Their Own Money

LOL @ "feet up on the desk!!"

That picture/analogy was too funny.

I like you guys...

Bfgrn, I won't argue with you, but I think you're off on this one.

You all know my position(s) on Georgie Boy, so you can take what I just stated more seriously.

I don't know if you guys have been or even knew about the specials that The History Channel has been playing all weekend, since about Thursday night concerning that day, but I taped them all and just one earlier and am watching another one that's 2 hours now entitlled "9/11 State of Emergency" it features Interviews with Condoleeza Rice, Donald Rumsfeld, Richard Myers and Andrew Card discussing Sept. 11, 2001.

Well, about 15 mins ago I just saw some footage I haven't seen before of when and how GW got the news in the school and his guy giving him the news and him telling us exactly what he said and why he said it. He said "We're under attack", he then explained that he wanted to be as clear as possible, as concise as possible, didn't want Bush to have to ask any questions, as they were in front of kids and the press and didn't want to cause any necessary fear. They kept the camera running, so you saw the ENTIRE footage of how it went down.

I have to say...Bush handled it PERFECTLY. They even showed his face up close, you could see his facial concern, ever so slightly, but he was trying to keep his cool, for the kids...you could see all that from his expression. On top of that, shortly after reading and getting up, some AHOLES from the Press started asking him if he heard about the 2nd plane hitting the building in NYC, and Bush replied "We'll talk about that later." Again...perfectly.

I have to say.

That he handled well, dare I say perfectly. The RESPONSE to the attacks on that day, however...not so much.

And you now just realized this 9 YEARS LATER? It was all over the news 9 years ago. And believe it or not--lefties actually criticized him over this moment--especially John Kerry when he was running for POTUS.

I criticized him over this moment.

If you READ my thread oreo, you would see that I came to this realization today earlier today after watching a DOC on History Channel that featured the footage and interviews of the parties involved...sans Bush.

I criticized him over this moment.

If you READ my thread oreo, you would see that I came to this realization today earlier today after watching a DOC on History Channel that featured the footage and interviews of the parties involved...sans Bush.

The History Channel...you mean the Revisionist History channel, the right's propaganda arm that explains President Kennedy's assassination using cartoons that turn him into a hunchback, that explains conspiracy psychology citing Popular Mechanics as 'experts' and will soon air a slanderous Kennedy smear piece being produced by Joel Surnow, a right wing activist who's so close to Rush Limbaugh that they've gone on vacation together in the Dominican Republic?

WOW. Here's my advise...become a right winger, you already have the first qualification, the brain the size of a pea.

It is amazing how many neg reps I've gotten over this thread. It just proves these right wingers are bunch of authoritarian followers, and I had the nerve to question the leadership of their beloved murdering war criminal despot.

bush_halo5.jpg

Make no mistake about it: We are At War now -- with somebody -- and we will stay At War with that mysterious Enemy for the rest of our lives.

It will be a Religious War, a sort of Christian Jihad, fueled by religious hatred and led by merciless fanatics on both sides. It will be guerilla warfare on a global scale, with no front lines and no identifiable enemy. Osama bin Laden may be a primitive "figurehead" -- or even dead, for all we know -- but whoever put those All-American jet planes loaded with All-American fuel into the Twin Towers and the Pentagon did it with chilling precision and accuracy. The second one was a dead-on bullseye. Straight into the middle of the skyscraper.

Nothing -- even George Bush's $350 billion "Star Wars" missile defense system -- could have prevented Tuesday's attack, and it cost next to nothing to pull off. Fewer than 20 unarmed Suicide soldiers from some apparently primitive country somewhere on the other side of the world took out the World Trade Center and half the Pentagon with three quick and costless strikes on one day. The efficiency of it was terrifying.

We are going to punish somebody for this attack, but just who or what will be blown to smithereens for it is hard to say. Maybe Afghanistan, maybe Pakistan or Iraq, or possibly all three at once. Who knows? Not even the Generals in what remains of the Pentagon or the New York papers calling for WAR seem to know who did it or where to look for them.

This is going to be a very expensive war, and Victory is not guaranteed -- for anyone, and certainly not for anyone as baffled as George W. Bush. All he knows is that his father started the war a long time ago, and that he, the goofy child-President, has been chosen by Fate and the global Oil industry to finish it Now. He will declare a National Security Emergency and clamp down Hard on Everybody, no matter where they live or why. If the guilty won't hold up their hands and confess, he and the Generals will ferret them out by force.

Good luck. He is in for a profoundly difficult job -- armed as he is with no credible Military Intelligence, no witnesses and only the ghost of Bin Laden to blame for the tragedy.

ESPN.com: Page 2 : Fear & Loathing in America

487 days at Camp David

talk about waste.

Hey pea brain, if you like letters, how about a T? How about THREE T's??

The Iraq War Will Cost Us $3 Trillion, and Much More

At least President Obama wants to spend taxpayer's money building America's infrastructure, not IRAQ'S

BTW, how many human being died or were maimed during 'Zippergate'?

Because...AN INTERROGATOR SPEAKS
Matthew Alexander led an interrogations team assigned to a Special Operations task force in Iraq in 2006.

I learned in Iraq that the No. 1 reason foreign fighters flocked there to fight were the abuses carried out at Abu Ghraib and Guantanamo. Our policy of torture was directly and swiftly recruiting fighters for al-Qaeda in Iraq. The large majority of suicide bombings in Iraq are still carried out by these foreigners. They are also involved in most of the attacks on U.S. and coalition forces in Iraq. It's no exaggeration to say that at least half of our losses and casualties in that country have come at the hands of foreigners who joined the fray because of our program of detainee abuse. The number of U.S. soldiers who have died because of our torture policy will never be definitively known, but it is fair to say that it is close to the number of lives lost on Sept. 11, 2001. How anyone can say that torture keeps Americans safe is beyond me -- unless you don't count American soldiers as Americans.

Hey, I bet your man crush Bush paid for renovations to the White House out of his own pocket, so bring me evidence OK?

Barack & Michelle Obama Pay for White House Renovations with Their Own Money

Paying for renovations from their own pocket??? Why? Did they need the tax write off? And is that your only example of "financial responsibility" by the Obama's? Seriously? Whatever they spent renovating their new "crib" was wiped out many times over by their lavish travel and entertainment lifestyle.

I couldn't tell you exactly how many deaths occured due to zippergate...however, while we were focused on the stained dress, the investigation, the Starr report and Monica's personal appearance on SNL in 1998, two U.S. embassies in Africa were bombed killing 224, the work of AQ and Osama Bin Laden, who was...plotting and planning...and declaring holy on America. It was then that sex addict Bill started his posturing to take out Bin Laden...but in the fall of 2000 they had him...dead to rights...and they didn't take the shot. So....could it be that those that died on 9/11 might not have met their death that day if Bill had been the "leader" you expected from Bush? I guess we'll never know.

Do you understand that the additional 50 Billion won't do what Obama says it will??? It's supposed to be the magic key to turning around the jobless situation. But he's spending it on TEMPORARY JOBS...

I guess the healthcare reform is a shining example of Obama's leadership to you...

The man pushes through a plan that an overwhelming number of Americans were against. And you call that leadership?

Forum List

Back