Bush's Initial Reaction To The News on 9/11 Was Perfect

7,200 mph is pretty quick. No Boeing commercial product can go that fast, though.

My mistake...I meant 600 mph...that would be 150 mile range. Still enough range for Flight 93 to make it to Washington (124 miles from where it was taken down by brave citizens)

The decision to have a US military plane shoot down a commercial aircraft with US citizens on board would have to come from the top. Those brave citizens on Flight 93 covered Bush's ass. If that plane had hit it's target, then Bush's failure of leadership would have been the subject of his impeachment hearing.

In this theoretical, what would have stopped Bush from authorizing the strike?

TIME...the time he sat on his ass and talked to NO ONE after being told "AMERICA IS UNDER ATTACK"...

Making that kind of decision (shooting dow a commercial aircraft and killing 100 American citizens) I HOPE would include some questions, conversation and dialogue with military leaders, advisers etc.

WHY are these adult type situations so hard for you right wingers to comprehend?

My mistake...I meant 600 mph...that would be 150 mile range. Still enough range for Flight 93 to make it to Washington (124 miles from where it was taken down by brave citizens)

The decision to have a US military plane shoot down a commercial aircraft with US citizens on board would have to come from the top. Those brave citizens on Flight 93 covered Bush's ass. If that plane had hit it's target, then Bush's failure of leadership would have been the subject of his impeachment hearing.

TIME...the time he sat on his ass and talked to NO ONE after being told "AMERICA IS UNDER ATTACK"...

Making that kind of decision (shooting dow a commercial aircraft and killing 100 American citizens) I HOPE would include some questions, conversation and dialogue with military leaders, advisers etc.

WHY are these adult type situations so hard for you right wingers to comprehend?
you dont seem to understand what an adult situation is
Bush handled that day as best anyone could have

Your math is still wrong. 600 mph is ten miles per minute. A jet will cover only 50 miles at that speed.

Now, if Bush had given the order to shoot down Flight 93 as soon as he was told "We are under attack", do you think a fighter jet could have scrambled in time to shoot it down? Remember, he didn't even know about Flight 93 at the time.

Bear these facts in mind: The only fighters in PA are the 111th Fighter Wing, PA Air National Guard, in Willow Grove, PA, around 210 air miles from the crash site in Stonycreek Township. The 111th flies the A-10 Thunderbolt II, which is a ground attack aircraft, not an air superiority fighter, and has a top speed of 439 mph.

Assuming the 111th had an A-10 sitting on the runway, fully fueled and ready to go, it could have flown only 36 miles in those 5 minutes you claim Bush wasted.

Now, be honest: What could have been accomplished in those 5 minutes?

7,200 mph is pretty quick. No Boeing commercial product can go that fast, though.

Nothing had Bush known. And by then it was pretty much over. Perhaps our buddy Bfgrn would have loved to see a civilian Airliner shot down so he could have MORE to bitch at of Bush and Republicans for MORE carnage...

I think this is his aim...and he's frustrated as HELL it didn't go his way.

Yeah Bfgrn...I got yer number.

You are a partisan HACK with zero objectivity and totally out of line.

Out of line? The Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces on the United States of America was told "America is under attack"...and he just sat there. He didn't know who (or which country) was attacking, whether there would be more attacks, what military plans had been taken, what military actions should be taken—indeed, he knew virtually nothing about what was going on outside the room. He didn't know if HE was a target, AND He just sat there...

It was the biggest failure of leadership in history...

It's obvious to me that your claim of "But if retaliatory strikes needed to the authorized, Bush was not available. If one of the planes had to be shot down to save more lives on the ground, Bush was not available," is false since he was right there. I don't see any reason for him to have acted any different but I suppose he would have if Card had also said, "we need some decisions, Gen. Shelton is on the phone."

It's reasonable for me to think that there already were contingency plans in place for something like this, such as a prescribed set of actions. Maybe Cheney had the control since the President was currently in a situation where he was personally being targeted.

Exactly if any major decision had to be made they would have walked up to him and whispered that into his ear as well.

This whole debate is ludicrous.

Out of line? The Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces on the United States of America was told "America is under attack"...and he just sat there. He didn't know who (or which country) was attacking, whether there would be more attacks, what military plans had been taken, what military actions should be taken—indeed, he knew virtually nothing about what was going on outside the room. He didn't know if HE was a target, AND He just sat there...

It's obvious to me that your claim of "But if retaliatory strikes needed to the authorized, Bush was not available. If one of the planes had to be shot down to save more lives on the ground, Bush was not available," is false since he was right there. I don't see any reason for him to have acted any different but I suppose he would have if Card had also said, "we need some decisions, Gen. Shelton is on the phone."

It's reasonable for me to think that there already were contingency plans in place for something like this, such as a prescribed set of actions. Maybe Cheney had the control since the President was currently in a situation where he was personally being targeted.

Exactly if any major decision had to be made they would have walked up to him and whispered that into his ear as well.

Indeed it is. But interesting to see it play out to the intent of the bush haters glomming on to something they had no control over just for their political purposes.

Your typical right wing pea brain polarized option is childish.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I hoped there would eventually be something so humorously idiotic you'd say that would make reading this thread worthwhile.

They desperately need to believe that George W. Bush is something more than a brain-damaged ne'er-do-well whose hands turned everything they touched to shit, including this country's economy and status in the world.

Anyone could say that you have a pathological need to believe that George W. Bush is "a brain-damaged ne'er-do-well, blah, blah, blah...etc., etc.........."

Indeed one who is so clearly partisan, would find fault in however Bush would have reacted. Had Bush been able to pick up, aim, and launch a STINGER out the window of the classroom, and bring down one of the hijacked planes, you be complaining. The fact is had he reacted in any other way, the outcome of the day's events wouldn't have been any different.

So, this thread has had its humorous vein as Bfgrn provides ironic parody, and MikeK offers an interesting glimpse of a specimen so damaged that objectivity has become astonishingly impossible.

Last edited:

Hey Charles, you need to remove the false Winston Churchill quote...he never said that.

Ah. To me it seems pretty straightforward to assume "Contingency Plan A" or "Contingency Plan R-13459" or some other plan was already in the works and the information needed to make that decision was not currently available. I don't see how rushing out of the room and taking all the people already working on this away from that role to have a conversation would have helped anything.

We do indeed know that Bush made the decision to shoot down civilian aircraft.

The Vice President appears on Meet the Press with Tim Russert

It seems your complaint has no basis. Nothing was done during that time, nothing needed to be done, nothing adverse happened as a result.

They're not for me.

this is worthy of a thread?

I have bashed Bush as much as anybody alive. Trust me on that.

But looking back on it Bush's response seems to have been absolutely on cue. Considering that his admin was likely complicit in allowing the attack to occur for political reasons.[/QUOTE]

I don't like him, but I wish people wouldn't say he had knowledge of the attacks, or was in on it. It's as bad as questioning Obama's place of birth and his religion.

And I am glad that he didn't scare the kids. I do give him credit for that.

Your typical right wing pea brain polarized option is childish.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I hoped there would eventually be something so humorously idiotic you'd say that would make reading this thread worthwhile.

They desperately need to believe that George W. Bush is something more than a brain-damaged ne'er-do-well whose hands turned everything they touched to shit, including this country's economy and status in the world.

Anyone could say that you have a pathological need to believe that George W. Bush is "a brain-damaged ne'er-do-well, blah, blah, blah...etc., etc.........."

Indeed one who is so clearly partisan, would find fault in however Bush would have reacted. Had Bush been able to pick up, aim, and launch a STINGER out the window of the classroom, and bring down one of the hijacked planes, you be complaining. The fact is had he reacted in any other way, the outcome of the day's events wouldn't have been any different.

So, this thread has had its humorous vein as Bfgrn provides ironic parody, and MikeK offers glimpse of a specimen so damaged that objectivity has become astonishingly impossible.

What is ironic is all the Bush worshiping going on here. The same people that disavow Bush. I guess all that 'talk' is just fodder.

But what is really informative is the people that worked for and knew Bush personally that called him incompetent.

How big of a list do you need?

--------------------------------------------------

Now They Tell Us

Neo Culpa

As Iraq slips further into chaos, the war’s neoconservative boosters have turned sharply on the Bush administration, charging that their grand designs have been undermined by White House incompetence. In a series of exclusive interviews, Richard Perle, Kenneth Adelman, David Frum, and others play the blame game with shocking frankness. Target No. 1: the president himself.

David Frum the former White House speechwriter who co-wrote Bush’s 2002 State of the Union address: “I always believed as a speechwriter that if you could persuade the president to commit himself to certain words, he would feel himself committed to the ideas that underlay those words. And the big shock to me has been that although the president said the words, he just did not absorb the ideas. And that is the root of, maybe, everything.”

Frank Gaffney, an assistant secretary of defense under Ronald Reagan and founder of the Center for Security Policy: “[Bush] doesn’t in fact seem to be a man of principle who’s steadfastly pursuing what he thinks is the right course. He talks about it, but the policy doesn’t track with the rhetoric, and that’s what creates the incoherence that causes us problems around the world and at home. It also creates the sense that you can take him on with impunity.”

----------------------------------------------------

Bush Sought ‘Way’ To Invade Iraq

Paul O'Neill - George Bush's first Treasury Secretary

At cabinet meetings, he says the president was "like a blind man in a roomful of deaf people. There is no discernible connection," forcing top officials to act "on little more than hunches about what the president might think."

------------------------------------------------------

Invasion of the Party Snatchers: How the Holy-Rollers and Neo-Cons Destroyed the GOP

By Victor Gold who served as press aide to Barry Goldwater and speechwriter and senior advisor to George H. W. Bush

Gold reveals, among other explosive disclosures, how George W. has been manipulated by his vice president and secretary of defense to become, in Lenin's famous phrase, a useful idiot for Neo-Conservative warmongers and Theo-Conservative religious fanatics.

Hey Charles, you need to remove the false Winston Churchill quote...he never said that.

Prove it.

Your math is still wrong. 600 mph is ten miles per minute. A jet will cover only 50 miles at that speed.

Now, if Bush had given the order to shoot down Flight 93 as soon as he was told "We are under attack", do you think a fighter jet could have scrambled in time to shoot it down? Remember, he didn't even know about Flight 93 at the time.

Bear these facts in mind: The only fighters in PA are the 111th Fighter Wing, PA Air National Guard, in Willow Grove, PA, around 210 air miles from the crash site in Stonycreek Township. The 111th flies the A-10 Thunderbolt II, which is a ground attack aircraft, not an air superiority fighter, and has a top speed of 439 mph.

Assuming the 111th had an A-10 sitting on the runway, fully fueled and ready to go, it could have flown only 36 miles in those 5 minutes you claim Bush wasted.

Yo, B -- you missed this one.

Prove it.

ChurchillCentre_1.jpg

Welcome to WinstonChurchill.org

Quotes Falsely Attributed - The Churchill Centre

You are right about my math, but an F-15 Eagle out of Langley can travel at 1,875 mph (Mach 2.5-plus). I am SURE Washington DC air space is well protected.

You are right about my math, but an F-15 Eagle out of Langley can travel at 1,875 mph (Mach 2.5-plus). I am SURE Washington DC air space is well protected.

yep but only for about 600 Miles total. Now an F22 that Obama canceled in effect. Can go faster than that. And do it for 3 hours straight. Super cruise technology that call it.

Not that it is relevant I just think that is Awesome and hope we build more f-22's They will assure our ability to effect total air superiority over just about any sky we want in a short notice.

It is indeed.

Meanwhile, have you thought of something that could actually have been accomplished in those 5 minutes you claim Bush wasted?

It is indeed.

Meanwhile, have you thought of something that could actually have been accomplished in those 5 minutes you claim Bush wasted?

Can you imagine what they would be saying if he had somehow had a clairvoyant vision of what was to come, and had all the planes shot down before the hit their targets.

lol

It is indeed.

Can you imagine what they would be saying if he had somehow had a clairvoyant vision of what was to come, and had all the planes shot down before the hit their targets.

lol
Same thing as now, pretty much.

Forum List

Back