Bush’s Record on VA Funding

Or maybe they just realize a 3 page bill is inadequate.

or maybe they are beholden to public employees unions

libs are losers who lie to themselves

I'm not sure how you are going to "fix" an Department that serves 15 milion veterans, employees,employs 250,000 people, and spends 50 billion in three pages.

nobody said the 3-page bill was to "fix" the whole VA; straw man anyone?

that bill was to make it easier to fire inept managers at the VA
you're all over these boards making a fool of your self with distortions and denials

or maybe they are beholden to public employees unions

libs are losers who lie to themselves

I'm not sure how you are going to "fix" an Department that serves 15 milion veterans, employees,employs 250,000 people, and spends 50 billion in three pages.

you're all over these boards making a fool of your self with distortions and denials

Again, don't see how firing managers is going to fix the problems.

Make it easier for people to find scapegoats, maybe, but that doesn't fix the problems.

Frankly, I want the firing to be difficult, so that when you DO fire someone, it will be clear he or she had it coming.

If the thread shows Obama has failed to fix yet another blunder by the boy warrior king, I agree. (-:

WHAT IT SHOWS is desperate left-wing losers still think bush is president; and obama's watch will never start

If you think the VA is a mess now, wait until all the vets comes home from Afghanistan and from Bush's war in Iraq. It is going to be ugly. Did W budget for the wounded from his war in Iraq? I doubt it.

Ever hear of Amendments?

How many pages does one need to give the VA Sec the power to fire permanent employees?

How many pages is the US Constitution?

The original Constitution was one page, but today it is 6.

And it's a woefully inadequate document.

Sorry, the VA Sec does have the power to fire employees. He just needs something called "Cause". Oh, gosh, really?

One of the "Causes" doesn't cover poor performance. All you have to do is show up for work every day and sit behind your desk. We've got several guys in my shop who aren't doing their jobs. It's a constant struggle. Yet they're the first SOBs to put in their leave around the Holidays. Many of them haven't given "We The People" a full 5 day week of work since they've been here.

I've worked in government service for over 11 years. I know how it is.

Fact is, both parties are trying to pass something and neither fixes all of the problems. The Democrat's solution spends money we don't have and doesn't fix the problem, and the GOP solution only addresses discipline.

Actually "we" do have the money.

"We" can either stop buying exotic weapon systems that aren't useful and just line the pockets of the very wealthy or raise taxes.

And if discipline is the problem, as it seems it might be, that should be addressed as well.

No one should falsify records and expect to keep a job..or out of prison.

If the thread shows Obama has failed to fix yet another blunder by the boy warrior king, I agree. (-:

WHAT IT SHOWS is desperate left-wing losers still think bush is president; and obama's watch will never start

If you think the VA is a mess now, wait until all the vets comes home from Afghanistan and from Bush's war in Iraq. It is going to be ugly. Did W budget for the wounded from his war in Iraq? I doubt it.

Bush did something EXTREMELY radical which never gets discussed.

He cut taxes while going to war.

That..was a disaster.

Make it easier for people to find scapegoats, maybe, but that doesn't fix the problems.

Frankly, I want the firing to be difficult, so that when you DO fire someone, it will be clear he or she had it coming.

Firing a manager that falsifies records seems like a no brainer to me, Joe.

Lying should never be put up with at the Veteran's Administration.

Thank God for Pelosi and the Democrats taking power in 2007!!!

She / they created and passed the largest VA budget increase in the VA's history! And thank God Bush signed it! Or did he? I'll have to look and see if he vetoed it and congress over road it???

:eusa_angel:

HUGE and great strides have been taken under the O's rule.....funding has increased...over 1000 New medical clinics added, lots of help to vets for any housing woes due to the housing bubble bust and mortgage crisis and many more docs hired...efforts to get Vets working again which could come with insurance and better medical attention....

WITH all of this....it is STILL NOT ENOUGH!!!!

TRUTHFULLY!!!

It just isn't't enough!!! PERIOD!

What can we do?

First.....FIRE the bitch and bastard dministrators that devised these Cheating methods....and maybe even charge them with negligence leading to death.

This will make it clear to ALL VA Administrators..... their ass is grass if they devise such deviant schemes....

Shoot....battery is going dead on my Kindle....

What are your ideas on the fix?

Best thing to do with any government program is remove government from it first.

So give all vets Obama care?

Not much of an improvement. Besides, they're getting single-payer now. The original Obamacare program.

In case you haven't been keeping up with current events, lying was encouraged, and whistle-blowing was punished.

In case you haven't been keeping up with current events, lying was encouraged, and whistle-blowing was punished.

What's your point here?

Oh wait..you want to put this on the President as a means to impeach..like Benghazi, the IRS, and every other bit of crap you can fling.

The VA has had systemic problems for years. And you know who's been reporting on it? Rachel Maddow and PBS.

Veterans Affairs Backlog Files Stacked So High, They Posed Safety Risk to Staff | The Rundown | PBS NewsHour

Guess it wasn't sexy enough for the right wing scandal monger machine.

Lying should never be put up with anywhere.....especially when people are dying or are the ones affected....

Lying should never be put up with anywhere.....especially when people are dying or are the ones affected....

Ah..so you want the CIA to tell the truth now?

:lol:

President Bush has remained committed to ensuring all veterans receive the care and support they need from the Federal government. Under his leadership, the Administration has:
Dramatically Increased Funding To Support And Care For Those Who Have Served Our Nation

• Increased funding for veterans' medical care by more than 115 percent since 2001.
  • FY 2009 funding for the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) totals more than $97 billion, nearly double the level of funding when the President took office and the highest level of support for veterans in history.
  • Provided more than $6 billion to modernize and expand VA medical facilities and more than $1 billion over the past three years to support traumatic brain injury and post-traumatic stress disorder treatment and research.
  • Honored our veterans with a hallowed, final resting place by implementing and fully funding the largest expansion in the national cemetery system since the Civil War.
Improved Care And Services For Wounded Warriors

• Created the Commission on Care for America's Returning Wounded Warriors – co-chaired by former Senator Bob Dole and former Health and Human Services Secretary Donna Shalala – to ensure that wounded service members and veterans receive quality care and services and can live lives of hope, promise, and dignity. Nearly all of the Commission's recommendations have already been implemented, such as:
    • Expanded training, screening, and staff resources to help service members and veterans suffering from mental health disorders.
    • Created a joint Recovery Coordinator Program for seriously injured service members.
    • Initiated a pilot program to replace the cumbersome system of two separate disability examinations with a single, comprehensive medical exam.
  • Established a Center of Excellence for Psychological Health and Traumatic Brain Injury and expanded VA's polytrauma system of care to 21 network sites and clinic support teams to provide state-of-the-art treatment to injured veterans at facilities closer to their homes.
Ensured Those Who Have Served Our Country Receive The Benefits They Deserve

• Called for and signed a GI Bill for the 21st century, which expanded education benefits for service members and veterans and made it easier for those who defend our Nation to transfer unused education benefits to their spouses or children.
  • Increased career counseling services for returning veterans, particularly those wounded in combat.
  • Signed legislation that increased from two to five years a combat veteran's eligibility to enroll for lifetime VA medical care and allowed family members of injured service members to take additional time away from their jobs to care for their loved ones.
  • Signed legislation to ensure military retirees with severe disabilities receive both their military retired pay and their VA disability compensation.
  • Helped more than 1.9 million veterans enroll in the VA health care system since 2001.
  • Reduced the average length of time to process a veteran's disability claim to under 180 days, down from 230 days when the President took office.
Worked To Decrease The Number Of Homeless Veterans

• Expanded Federal grants and worked extensively with faith-based and community organizations to help homeless veterans.
  • Cut the number of homeless veterans by nearly 40 percent from 2001 to 2007.
THE BUSH RECORD - FACT SHEET: The Bush Administration Has Provided Unprecedented Support for Our Veterans
Thank God for Pelosi and the Democrats taking power in 2007!!!

She / they created and passed the largest VA budget increase in the VA's history! And thank God Bush signed it! Or did he? I'll have to look and see if he vetoed it and congress over road it???

:eusa_angel:

HUGE and great strides have been taken under the O's rule.....funding has increased...over 1000 New medical clinics added, lots of help to vets for any housing woes due to the housing bubble bust and mortgage crisis and many more docs hired...efforts to get Vets working again which could come with insurance and better medical attention....

WITH all of this....it is STILL NOT ENOUGH!!!!

TRUTHFULLY!!!

It just isn't't enough!!! PERIOD!

What can we do?

First.....FIRE the bitch and bastard dministrators that devised these Cheating methods....and maybe even charge them with negligence leading to death.

This will make it clear to ALL VA Administrators..... their ass is grass if they devise such deviant schemes....

Shoot....battery is going dead on my Kindle....

What are your ideas on the fix?
All the government money thrown at it and look at the results.
I suppose we can expect this when the government takes control of the healthcare industry, too.

That was quite a leap.....even for you, Sallow. :D

What leap?

I don't know if you were paying attention, but we had 2 wars that were ongoing, simultaneously. What effort was made to pay for them? Well none. Actually taxes got cut. So 3 very radical things happened at the same time.

And in case you weren't pay attention to that, another thing happened as well. Quite so many soldiers weren't KIA. However, they were returning with some really horrific injuries. Injuries that require a lifetime of really expense care. Where was the provisioning for all of that? Eh?

When Obama came into office, he boosted the VA budget, and increased the scope of veteran's ailments that the VA would treat.

What did the GOP do? Shut down government, vote to repeal ObamaCare, promoted austerity and launched investigation after investigation.

They really don't have a leg to stand on with this history.

What leap?

I don't know if you were paying attention, but we had 2 wars that were ongoing, simultaneously. What effort was made to pay for them? Well none. Actually taxes got cut. So 3 very radical things happened at the same time.

And in case you weren't pay attention to that, another thing happened as well. Quite so many soldiers weren't KIA. However, they were returning with some really horrific injuries. Injuries that require a lifetime of really expense care. Where was the provisioning for all of that? Eh?

When Obama came into office, he boosted the VA budget, and increased the scope of veteran's ailments that the VA would treat.

What did the GOP do? Shut down government, vote to repeal ObamaCare, promoted austerity and launched investigation after investigation.

Isn't this all about how the VA hospitals cooked the books? Lying about it all the time until it came out in the light?
You can deflect all you want, because that's what happens when their "team" gets caught.
This issue isn't about funding, it's about deliberately hiding facts at a national level.

Now go back and cry about the damn righties want Obamacare repealed until the cows come home.

PS........I think we're getting a glimpse of things to come over the next few decades with Obamacare.

Lying should never be put up with at the White House either, but that doesn't stop you from fully supporting it.

Who Really Broke Veterans Affairs? It stains the legacies of presidents as far back as John F. Kennedy

Who Really Broke Veterans Affairs? - NationalJournal.com

Just being narrow-minded and partisan won't fix the problem. The problem requires a bi-partisan solution. Bumper stickers won't solve it.

We know it's broke.
Nevermind who broke it.

Obama told us in 2008 he was going to fix it.
Now he tells us he just heard about it on the news.

When is he going to DO something?

What leap?

this aint any different than in the past....lots of Vietnam vets came backed fucked up too...and were treated like shit.....

Forum List

Back