Bush’s Record on VA Funding

That was quite a leap.....even for you, Sallow. :D

What leap?

I don't know if you were paying attention, but we had 2 wars that were ongoing, simultaneously. What effort was made to pay for them? Well none. Actually taxes got cut. So 3 very radical things happened at the same time.

And in case you weren't pay attention to that, another thing happened as well. Quite so many soldiers weren't KIA. However, they were returning with some really horrific injuries. Injuries that require a lifetime of really expense care. Where was the provisioning for all of that? Eh?

When Obama came into office, he boosted the VA budget, and increased the scope of veteran's ailments that the VA would treat.

What did the GOP do? Shut down government, vote to repeal ObamaCare, promoted austerity and launched investigation after investigation.

They really don't have a leg to stand on with this history.

Isn't this all about how the VA hospitals cooked the books? Lying about it all the time until it came out in the light?
You can deflect all you want, because that's what happens when their "team" gets caught.
This issue isn't about funding, it's about deliberately hiding facts at a national level.

Now go back and cry about the damn righties want Obamacare repealed until the cows come home.

PS........I think we're getting a glimpse of things to come over the next few decades with Obamacare.

No..this is about VETS not getting the care they are supposed to get. But I guess for conservatives it's about cooking the books.

And while all the information isn't in yet, I am pretty sure a reasonable assumption would be these folks "cooked the books" because after asking for more resources and being told "no" they didn't want to look like failures once the shit really hit the fan.

This particular practice may not have been in place for very long, but similar stuff HAS gone on.

PBS did a story about a year ago about how huge the backlog was..

Veterans Affairs Backlog Files Stacked So High, They Posed Safety Risk to Staff | The Rundown | PBS NewsHour

Let me know what measures the GOP proposed to clear that up.

One would think the House GOP would be more concerned with holding hearings on bi-partisan ways to help vets than more Benghazi, Benghazi, Benghazi. One would think...

One would think the House GOP would be more concerned with holding hearings on bi-partisan ways to help vets than more Benghazi, Benghazi, Benghazi. One would think...

In the meantime, Harry Reid has the Senate vote on a bill to change the name of the Washington Redskins. Now that is some important stuff there.

What leap?

I don't know if you were paying attention, but we had 2 wars that were ongoing, simultaneously. What effort was made to pay for them? Well none. Actually taxes got cut. So 3 very radical things happened at the same time.

And in case you weren't pay attention to that, another thing happened as well. Quite so many soldiers weren't KIA. However, they were returning with some really horrific injuries. Injuries that require a lifetime of really expense care. Where was the provisioning for all of that? Eh?

When Obama came into office, he boosted the VA budget, and increased the scope of veteran's ailments that the VA would treat.

What did the GOP do? Shut down government, vote to repeal ObamaCare, promoted austerity and launched investigation after investigation.

They really don't have a leg to stand on with this history.

Isn't this all about how the VA hospitals cooked the books? Lying about it all the time until it came out in the light?
You can deflect all you want, because that's what happens when their "team" gets caught.
This issue isn't about funding, it's about deliberately hiding facts at a national level.

Now go back and cry about the damn righties want Obamacare repealed until the cows come home.

PS........I think we're getting a glimpse of things to come over the next few decades with Obamacare.

No..this is about VETS not getting the care they are supposed to get. But I guess for conservatives it's about cooking the books.

And while all the information isn't in yet, I am pretty sure a reasonable assumption would be these folks "cooked the books" because after asking for more resources and being told "no" they didn't want to look like failures once the shit really hit the fan.

This particular practice may not have been in place for very long, but similar stuff HAS gone on.

PBS did a story about a year ago about how huge the backlog was..

Veterans Affairs Backlog Files Stacked So High, They Posed Safety Risk to Staff | The Rundown | PBS NewsHour

Let me know what measures the GOP proposed to clear that up.

The report you link is dated 2012. The Obama administration runs the VA, not congress. What have they done to clean up the backlog of claims?

If the thread shows Obama has failed to fix yet another blunder by the boy warrior king, I agree. (-:

WHAT IT SHOWS is desperate left-wing losers still think bush is president; and obama's watch will never start

If you think the VA is a mess now, wait until all the vets comes home from Afghanistan and from Bush's war in Iraq. It is going to be ugly. Did W budget for the wounded from his war in Iraq? I doubt it.

Is that war in Iraq the same one that these Democrats were talking about?

"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real..."
- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003 | Source
"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members ... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."
- Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002 | Source
snopes.com: Weapons of Mass Destruction Quotes

And, is it the same war that they and many other Democrats voted to fund?

Just curious!

Last edited:
I would think they could do more than one thing at a time...You know, other than being in campaign mode.....

Got that right...they have power and intend on holding it no matter who they hurt, maim, injure, or kill and are responsible for it.

This whole issue has been going on awhile...Obama KNEW about it...PROMISED he'd fix it...and now the left here claim he didn't know, isn't responsible...and the Democrats are denying legislation that will get to the bottom of it.

Democrats are SCUM.

I would think they could do more than one thing at a time...You know, other than being in campaign mode.....

I think you're expecting too much from Obama. The guy can't even figure out how to walk through a gate while holding an umbrella.

Obama-umbrella.jpg

Who Really Broke Veterans Affairs? It stains the legacies of presidents as far back as John F. Kennedy

Who Really Broke Veterans Affairs? - NationalJournal.com

Just being narrow-minded and partisan won't fix the problem. The problem requires a bi-partisan solution. Bumper stickers won't solve it.

It's simple, It's broke, and your guy has known it for over 5 years....he has done nothing to fix it. It is not Bush's fault 5 years later that nothing has been done. It is not bush's fault that the backlog is still there just hidden behind fake numbers. Get a clue...when you screw up fix it don't blame somebody else and pretend it's fixed......

Partisan narrow minds like yours are part of the problem. The VA problem requires a BI-PARTISAN solution because BOTH parties helped create it.

The VA is managed by the Administration, not the Congress. The Congress can change the rules and appropriate funds, but they do not manage the day to day operation of the VA employees. That is an Executive branch function, and it doesn't seem to be getting managed very well.

It's simple, It's broke, and your guy has known it for over 5 years....he has done nothing to fix it. It is not Bush's fault 5 years later that nothing has been done. It is not bush's fault that the backlog is still there just hidden behind fake numbers. Get a clue...when you screw up fix it don't blame somebody else and pretend it's fixed......

Partisan narrow minds like yours are part of the problem. The VA problem requires a BI-PARTISAN solution because BOTH parties helped create it.

The VA is managed by the Administration, not the Congress. The Congress can change the rules and appropriate funds, but they do not manage the day to day operation of the VA employees. That is an Executive branch function, and it doesn't seem to be getting managed very well.

The United States Secretary of Veterans Affairs is the head of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, the department concerned with veterans' benefits and related matters. The Secretary is a member of the Cabinet and second to last at 17th in the line of succession to the presidency (the position was last until the addition of the United States Department of Homeland Security in 2006[1]). To date, all appointees and acting appointees to the post have been United States military veterans, but that is not a requirement to fill the position.

When the post of Secretary is vacant, the United States Deputy Secretary of Veterans Affairs[2] or any other person designated by the President serves as Acting Secretary[2] until the President nominates and the United States Senate confirms a new Secretary

Ladorka? This issue AND Benghazi are important and POINT to failures in Government/Buracracies...they are intertwined...but we KNOW YOU can't think outside the box or more than one thing at a time. Multitasking just isn't for you...and it shows.:eusa_hand:

IDIOT.

Obama's people created the idea of paying bonuses for faked results.

There were no secret waiting lists under Bush or anyone else. That's an Obama Administration invention.
Actually that's YOUR hyperbolic invention! :eusa_liar:

Obama issued standards to be met and some wise guys who failed to meet the standards decided to cheat to meet the standards. They were not given bonuses for cheating, but because they appeared to be meeting the standards and their supervisors didn't catch them cheating.

Now I could be just as hyperbolic as you and say the cheaters were obviously CON$ervatives because the Right cheats at everything they do, but I won't say that. :D

Last edited:

There were no secret waiting lists under Bush or anyone else. That's an Obama Administration invention.

Obama issued standards to be met and some wise guys who failed to meet the standards decided to cheat to meet the standards. They were not given bonuses for cheating, but because they appeared to be meeting the standards and their supervisors didn't catch them cheating.

Now I could be just as hyperbolic as you and sat the cheaters were obviously CON$ervatives because the Right cheats at everything they do, but I won't say that. :D

This is as close to an admission from Ed that we will ever get.

Mark this date down.

Why does this remind me of many caught using other than official email addresses for official business as well. Same concept, wouldn't you say?

Now I could be just as hyperbolic as you and sat the cheaters were obviously CON$ervatives because the Right cheats at everything they do, but I won't say that. :D

Obama (actually someone in his Administration) issued standards and then neglected to provide any oversight, then neglected to take action when it fraud was discovered and reported.

How many years did the Bush administration have to prepare for the inevitable massive increases in the need for VA services? Six? Seven?

And remember over the years all of the talk about how costly the disastrous blunder of Iraq was going to be? And people like myself used to tell you people about the longterm costs for veteran's care? And people like you used to blah blah blah not true no big deal?

Well, we told you so.

Soooo it's not important enough for congress to help Veterans or for republicans to help disabled Veterans by correcting the beauracracy boon doggle and Fund more doctors and medical facilities.....

But it is important enough for republicans to bash and disgrace and air our dirty laundry before the world..... before the veterans in need to make them feel like shit???? INSTEAD of actually doing their jobs and funding the medical needs of the vets???

I'm sorry but you on the rightwing....are deranged sick puppies.....imo.

How many years did the Bush administration have to prepare for the inevitable massive increases in the need for VA services? Six? Seven?

And remember over the years all of the talk about how costly the disastrous blunder of Iraq was going to be? And people like myself used to tell you people about the longterm costs for veteran's care? And people like you used to blah blah blah not true no big deal?

Well, we told you so.

Bush hasn't been president for over 5 years....Tell us about today....

Forum List

Back