Burning Crosses

IMO the cross symbol would be appropriate for Lent/Good Friday. The lily for Easter and a lighted evergreen tree or a manger scene for Christmas.

A lighted cross of small dimensions should not evoke KKK association if placed close to the dwelling and in close proximity to other Christmas decorations. But a five foot cross, burning or lighted, standing alone could be provoctative.

I would not display a cross during this season but wouldn't be offended if this style cross was displayed in sets of three, symbolizing Christ and the two men crucified with Him. That image is usually acceptable in our society.

Cheers,

IMO the cross symbol would be appropriate for Lent/Good Friday. The lily for Easter and a lighted evergreen tree or a manger scene for Christmas.

A lighted cross of small dimensions should not evoke KKK association if placed close to the dwelling and in close proximity to other Christmas decorations. But a five foot cross, burning or lighted, standing alone could be provoctative.

I would not display a cross during this season but wouldn't be offended if this style cross was displayed in sets of three, symbolizing Christ and the two men crucified with Him. That image is usually acceptable in our society.

Cheers,

So, one of these crosses isn't acceptable but three is?????:confused:

How about people just get over it. Sheesh, not everything is about racism, or wait, I mean, cheese, not everything is about racism. <whew, almost forgot the pun>

Cheers,

Sorry---a lighted evergreen tree looks too much like an upside-down green hairy pussy with sparkly make-up all over it. It'll piss off Martians.

So, one of these crosses isn't acceptable but three is?????:confused:

How about people just get over it. Sheesh, not everything is about racism, or wait, I mean, cheese, not everything is about racism. <whew, almost forgot the pun>

Again--reason is NOT at work here. Ravi, decided that a cross with lights on it used as a Christmas decoration was the same thing as one set aflame by the KKK. Please bear with her--she ain't all there all of the time.

. It would not be considered a hate crime unless it ended up on the lawn of a black, Hispanic, Jewish or gay family that didn't ask for it.

Why wouldn't it be considered a hate crime if it ended up on the lawn of white family that didn't ask for it?

Again--reason is NOT at work here. Ravi, decided that a cross with lights on it used as a Christmas decoration was the same thing as one set aflame by the KKK. Please bear with her--she ain't all there all of the time.
The same thing, no. Insensitive stupidity, yes. Better luck next time in spinning my words.

Forum List

Back