More Republican bigotry

IM2

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 11, 2015
One grammy winner gets a proclamation from the state of Tennessee, the other one does not. What was the difference guiding the choice? Skin color.

Tennessee House GOP Blocks Proclamation Honoring Grammy Winner Allison Russell, While Letting Similar Measure for Paramore Pass​

1708022666022.png

When it comes to Tennessee's recently Grammy-winning musical heroes, the state's House Republicans are making it clear - they're good with Paramore, but not so much Allison Russell, for reasons yet to be explained.

Tennessee Rep. Justin Jones (D-Nashville) brought resolutions before the body to honor the Grammy achievements of Paramore, who won for best rock album and best alternative music performance, and Russell, who picked up her first Grammy for best American roots performance for the song "Eve Was Black."

Although both Russell and Paramore singer Hayley Williams have made their displeasure with the GOP-controlled legislature known in the past, only one of these two proclamations was blocked. The resolution honoring Paramore sailed through, but the complementary one celebrating Russell was effectively killed.

Then people wonder why DEI is necessary.

One grammy winner gets a proclamation from the state of Tennessee, the other one does not. What was the difference guiding the choice? Skin color.

Tennessee House GOP Blocks Proclamation Honoring Grammy Winner Allison Russell, While Letting Similar Measure for Paramore Pass​

View attachment 902858

When it comes to Tennessee's recently Grammy-winning musical heroes, the state's House Republicans are making it clear - they're good with Paramore, but not so much Allison Russell, for reasons yet to be explained.

Tennessee Rep. Justin Jones (D-Nashville) brought resolutions before the body to honor the Grammy achievements of Paramore, who won for best rock album and best alternative music performance, and Russell, who picked up her first Grammy for best American roots performance for the song "Eve Was Black."

Although both Russell and Paramore singer Hayley Williams have made their displeasure with the GOP-controlled legislature known in the past, only one of these two proclamations was blocked. The resolution honoring Paramore sailed through, but the complementary one celebrating Russell was effectively killed.

How many white people were on the field at the superbowl halftime show? Racism is everywhere you look, you should really go back to Africa where it doesn't exist, you won't have to live life as an angry, bitter black man then. You only have one life, yours must suck.

How many white people were on the field at the superbowl halftime show? Racism is everywhere you look, you should really go back to Africa where it doesn't exist, you won't have to live life as an angry, bitter black man then. You only have one life, yours must suck.
Spare me. Nobody voted for the Superbowl halftime show and whites have performed at the Super Bowl halftime show. So stop avoiding the white racism presented here by using a false equivalence. My life is great bitch. I love fighting white racism. You want me to be one of those miserable black losers who accepts that whites will be racists and stay in their place.

Resolutions to honor grammy achievements? WTF to begin with? How is this the business they were elected to do?
And here come the excuses. If the black person had been picked and the white one denied the whining would have been huge. Legislatures do this all the time.

Spare me. Nobody voted for the Superbowl halftime show and whites have performed at the Super Bowl halftime show. So stop avoiding the white racism presented here by using a false equivalence. My life is great bitch. I love fighting white racism. You want me to be one of those miserable black losers who accepts that whites will be racists and stay in their place.

What does voting have to do with it?

Your life isn't 'great', you're a bitter, old. angry human being, you're wasting the time God gave you to perpetuate hate, you're absolutely filled with it. :cuckoo:

View attachment 902858

She shouldnt have taken political positions if she didnt want to draw the ire of politicians. Furthermore, she is one of those awful "cease fire in Gaza" shitheads. Thats why she isnt being honored. She is simply a bad person.

And here come the excuses. If the black person had been picked and the white one denied the whining would have been huge. Legislatures do this all the time.

This is stupid, even for you.

I'm not excusing anything- I don't give a crap- I fail to understand how this is even a thing to be considered in the house.

You people have all lost your minds and this is the stupidest thing to whine about EVAH!

She shouldnt have taken political positions if she didnt want to draw the ire of politicians. Furthermore, she is one of those awful "cease fire in Gaza" shitheads. Thats why she isnt being honored. She is simply a bad person.

He only cares about her skin color, and if she's a leftist black then you really can't say anything negative about her. He only maligns blacks when they're on the right, so ultimately political affiliation means even more to him than skin color does. He's a complete joke.

I don't know where some white people get the idea that we fight racism because we are miserable. Apparently that's some shit you tell yourself as part of your psychosis. Because not fighting it and just taking it like you want is what makes sane blacks miserable. So the miserable blacks are all the blacks you guys like, such as Ben Carson, Candace Owens, Thomas Sowell, Tim Scott, Carol Swain, Larry Elder, Clarence Thomas etc. It must be miserable knowing that you accept being less than a white person and to put in in Thomases own words:

"There is nothing you can do to get past black skin. I don’t care how educated you are, how good you are at what you do – you’ll never … be seen as equal to whites."
-Clarence Thomas

This is what you sad ass white right wingers think is successful independent black thinking. Legitimate black folks reject this thinking.

I don't know where some white people get the idea that we fight racism because we are miserable. Apparently that's some shit you tell yourself as part of your psychosis. Because not fighting it and just taking it like you want is what makes sane blacks miserable. So the miserable blacks are all the blacks you guys like, such as Ben Carson, Candace Owens, Thomas Sowell, Tim Scott, Carol Swain, Larry Elder, Clarence Thomas etc. It must be miserable knowing that you accept being less than a white person and to put in in Thomases own words:

"There is nothing you can do to get past black skin. I don’t care how educated you are, how good you are at what you do – you’ll never … be seen as equal to whites."
-Clarence Thomas

This is what you sad ass white right wingers think is successful independent black thinking. Legitimate black folks reject this thinking.

Give it up.

No one is listening to your weak mewlings anymore, race baiter

This is stupid, even for you.

I'm not excusing anything- I don't give a crap- I fail to understand how this is even a thing to be considered in the house.

You people have all lost your minds and this is the stupidest thing to whine about EVAH!

I have to concur.

I mean, considering there's really no such thing as a slow news day anymore; this charade doesn't even rise to the level of abysmal.

He only cares about her skin color, and if she's a leftist black then you really can't say anything negative about her. He only maligns blacks when they're on the right, so ultimately political affiliation means even more to him than skin color does. He's a complete joke.

You just perfectly described the Democrat Party of 2024.

Give it up.

No one is listening to your weak mewlings anymore, race baiter
You are the race baiter. And you just can't face the fact that white racism still exists and that we know you practice it.

You are the race baiter. And you just can't face the fact that white racism still exists and that we know you practice it.

You should only post when marc ATL is aboard.

You'll have at least one person that agrees with you.

You ARE a Black loser.

Legislatures should stay out of the entertainment industry and do their fucking jobs, serving their constituents.
You must be retarded. Their job is to promote the state.
That shithole only has its musical heritage to commend it. They should celebrate the success of locals.
Now they will be known as the racist shithole.

Forum List

Back