Burn the Koran on 9-11

Not just a troll thread, but a dupe troll thread, at that

And yet appropriate in a time we are willing to ignore our own Constitution to prevent a mosque from being built in lower Manhattan.

Is the way to protest a horrific act of religious intolerance to perform an act of religious intolerance?

I hate to once again inform you that Christians have constitutional rights as well, but burning books is not illegal.

Moron

Remember, Christianity was used as a justification for segregation and violent subjugation of blacks in the American South just 40 years ago.

Simply because people are doing bad things in the name of religion does not mean that is what the religion stands for.

Always remember... there is only ONE Islam.

The notion of "radical" vs. "mainstream" Islam is a fools folly.

Yes

And only one Christianity..

I guess by your logic......Fred Phelps represents all Christians

No, not at all. Like I said, call me when Fred Phelps starts withthe stonings, beheadings and bombings.

One Fred Phelps spewing words is quite a far cry from the death toll from Islam. Nice try though.

Here's an idea, get yourself a Bible and take it and your gay lover to Mecca, the home of the tolerant, peace-loving Islam.

Let me know how that turns out for you.

Last edited:
Where did I ever say this applies to ALL CHRISTIANS?

Pastor Jones no more represents ALL CHRISTIANS than 19 terrorists represent ALL MUSLIMS

Bullshit. You've been caught, Nutwinger. Your post implied this was normative for Christians and now you're trying to wriggle out of it, like the weasel you are.

I see once again how a simple concept of judging all based on the actions of a limited few is above your comprehension Rabbi

But keep posting my friend....hopefully, someday you might learn something

You.re right, Nutwinger. Your posting about a few people and implying that it is representative of all Christians is above my comprehension for how stupid you can really be.
A new achievement for you!

Here's an idea, get yourself a Bible and take your gay lover to Mecca, the home of the tolerant, peace-loving Islam.

Let me know ho that turns out for you.

Here's a better idea, get yourself a Koran and take your gay lover to the Westboro Baptist Church or an evangelical church in any of the states that banned gay marriage, the home of tolerant Christianity.

Remember, Christianity was used as a justification for segregation and violent subjugation of blacks in the American South just 40 years ago.

Simply because people are doing bad things in the name of religion does not mean that is what the religion stands for.

Please show me a quote where anyone said that Jesus said to treat blacks as non people. Just one quote. One verse from the Bible which supports your claim.

Or you can do the usual leftie limbo and run from this thread for two pages and then come back hoping the thread has forgotten about your absurd claims.

Moron

Here's an idea, get yourself a Bible and take your gay lover to Mecca, the home of the tolerant, peace-loving Islam.

Here's a better idea, get yourself a Koran and take your gay lover to the Westboro Baptist Church or an evangelical church in any of the states that banned gay marriage, the home of tolerant Christianity.

So, you're implying that the Baptists worldwide are killing homosexuals and people professing Islam?

REALLY????

Why would that be a "better" idea??

So, you're implying that the Baptists worldwide are killing homosexuals and people professing Islam?

REALLY????

C'mon Soggy, we all know you're not that thick. Read my post again, and don't put words in my mouth.

Note to self, homosexuality is puishable by death in Islam.

Gay marriage? Not even a topic for discussion.

It's not. That was intended irony. It would be just as bad as Soggy's idea.

Please show me a quote where anyone said that Jesus said to treat blacks as non people. Just one quote. One verse from the Bible which supports your claim.

Or you can do the usual leftie limbo and run from this thread for two pages and then come back hoping the thread has forgotten about your absurd claims.

Moron

Well, first of all, the Bible is more than just Jesus. If you want to talk about all the bad shit in the Bible, particularly the Old Testament, we can do that.

But that's not the point. The point is that Christianity was used as a justification to subjugate and inflict terror and violence on blacks in the South. (And to be fair, in other parts of the country too.) Whether or not Jesus said to do that is irrelevant, and it proves my point. People will do bad things in the name of religion.

Last edited:

REALLY????

C'mon Soggy, we all know you're not that thick. Read my post again, and don't put words in my mouth.

My post related to the fact that you would more than likely be killed if caught engaging in homosexuality or in mere posession of a Bible in Mecca.

You post implied that the same people would suffer the same fate at a Baptist Church. Which of course is an idiotic comparison.

Last edited:

Moron

You're missing the point.

Toro, RW and others are using Christianity and some of the things done, wrongly, in its name to illustrate a point. That point being that just as the idiots at WBC or in other instances wrongly use Christianity to advance an agenda that is not Christian, so too do groups like AQ use Islam wrongly to advance an agenda that is not Muslim.

And yet some are saying it's OK to use those individual groups' acts to define one entire religion and all of it adherents but not the other. Why?

It's not. That was intended irony. It would be just as bad as Soggy's idea.

You really see those situations as completely equivalent??

REALLY????

My post related to the fact that you would more than likely be killed if caught engaging in homosexuality or in mere posession of a Bible in Mecca.

You post implied that the same people would suffer the same fate at a Baptist Church. Which of course is an idiotic comparison.

There is a huge difference between the Westboro Baptist Church and the rest of the Baptist churches. If I really generalized about Baptists, I wouldn't have specified the Westboro Baptist Church.

You also missed the rest of my point. There are parts of this country which aren't tolerant, which really undermines any moral generalizations you direct at all of Islam.

Not just a troll thread, but a dupe troll thread, at that

And yet appropriate in a time we are willing to ignore our own Constitution to prevent a mosque from being built in lower Manhattan.

Is the way to protest a horrific act of religious intolerance to perform an act of religious intolerance?

I hate to once again inform you that Christians have constitutional rights as well, but burning books is not illegal.

Moron

Never said it was...

I always thought burning books reflected more negatively against the ones doing the burning that the ones whose books were being burned

Forum List

Back