Bullying: How frequently and badly it happens

nitroz

INDEPENDENTly ruthless
May 18, 2011
Merritt Island, FL
Well, we all know bullying is a problem.

But the scale on how much it happens and how bad it actually is is actually eye opening (don't open your eyes too much or they might pop out!)

So please remember, please don't be afraid to punish your children if they do bad things. And don't punish your children for the stupidest of things. Punishing them constantly over stupid stuff and not punishing them enough can lead to bullying of others!

And if you happen to catch another person bullying your child in the act, don't be afraid to beat the LIVING SHIT OUT OF THEM SO HARD THAT THEIR GRANDPARENTS WILL FEEL IT! I would do so. Especially if they are teens....

Classmates Beat Girl Unconscious Over Seat on the School Bus

We're aware that most children are little monsters (and not in a fun Lady Gaga way), but a group of Florida students have reached a new low. On Friday, a 13-year-old girl took the school bus in Ocala for the first time. No one would let her sit down, so she sat on her sister's lap instead, prompting even more teasing from the students on the bus. Someone threw a shoe at the girl's head, and when she hurled it back a fight broke out.

The bus driver tried to stop the brawl twice, and then pulled over and called for help. However, by then the girl had been beaten unconscious and suffered a concussion. She's expected to recover and five girls and two boys between the ages of 12 and 15 have been arrested. It's likely that they'll be expelled and sent to a school that's better equipped to handle horrid children.

Hilarious Internet Collective Continues Tradition of Taunting Teen Who Hilariously Committed Suicide

Fifteen-year-old Amanda Cummings stepped in front of a bus two days after Christmas, suicide note in her pocket. Her family's understandably heartbroken by their loss, but they're even more heartbroken by the response Amanda's death has gotten on the internet. Online forum 4chan, notorious for targeting dead kids for some good, old fashioned, hilarious postmortem bullying, have decided that she's the current object of their impish derision, and Amanda's family doesn't understand why.

According to the Staten Island Advance, Amanda was bullied in life as well as in death. Her parents say that her classmates and peers taunted her, and that she'd recently broken up with her boyfriend before she stepped in the path of a city bus. She spent 6 days after that in a hospital before succumbing to her injuries.

From every possible angle you look at it, that story is a rainbow of awful— for the girl who felt driven to suicide, for her family and loved ones, and for a community in general. Hell, I'm sure the driver of the bus feels like shit as well. For 4chan, though, this was the perfect opportunity to unite around the common cause of digitally harassing Amanda's surviving family.

They started by taunting the Facebook memorial set up in her honor, calling her a "hero." Then, a call to other users of 4chan and 9gag to join in the fun. Digitally altered "profane" images followed, including altered photos of Amanda. And it was hilarious!

Her uncle has called the campaign against Amanda "cowardly," and her friends who attended a memorial service are upset and puzzled by the cyber attacks. The NYPD is investigating reports that Amanda was bullied before or after her suicide, but they say they've found no evidence. How about they start by looking here?

Students Who Bullied Gay Teen Before Suicide Get Off With A Suspension

Last month police in Amherst, New York concluded their investigation into the bullying Jamey Rodemeyer suffered before he committed suicide at age 14 in September. They decided not to file charges, but now Williamsville North High School has suspended an unknown number of students. Superintendent Scott Martzloff says the students are facing "a minimum of suspensions," which means they were suspended for a week or less with the possibility of handing out longer suspensions after a hearing. The students are too young to expel, but apparently they've learned a variety of gay slurs in their brief time on the planet. One female student was already suspended in September after she put herself in the running for Most Horrible Teen on the Planet by telling friends of Jamey's sister that she was glad her brother killed himself.

Alleged Sandusky Victim Forced Out Of School Due To Bullying

Another layer of the putrid, rotten onion that is the Penn State sex abuse scandal has been revealed: "Victim One," the first alleged victim of former coach Jerry Sandusky, was recently forced to leave his high school during his senior year because he couldn't endure any more bullying. The 17-year-old's psychologist says other students at Central Mountain High School in Pennsylvania were threatening the boy and calling him names. Unbelievably, they're incensed about the firing of former head coach Joe Paterno, and unfazed by by claims that a classmate was horribly abused.

The other victims are reportedly turning to each other for support because they're afraid that if they confide in other people their names will wind up in the media. The psychologist says Victim One is encouraged that other boys decided to stop keeping the abuse a secret after he came forward. "He feels good about that," he said. "That's the one good that's come of all this."

Bullying happens regularly and often, far more than is reported. For example, school districts employ a little trick in reporting that many are not aware. You take a referral on an incident, but you might check off a reporting block, for higher authorities that keep accounts of this, that the matter was something less severe. In many cases, even of assault, they smooth the incidents over with "counselling" or "conflict resolution." Also, many times children are punished together with the bully when they attempt to defend themselves, such as an assault in the bathroom, and the administrators put the incident altogether in a different category, such as a "physical altercation with another student." Doesn't sound as bad as bullying, assault, or worse. Thus, it can often, way too often, not need to be reported to higher authorities at the state levels that have such requirements.

Lastly, it seems that a handful in every school commit most of the offenses, but have most of the protections. They understand all too well how the squeeky wheel gets the grease.

Last edited:
There is also a HUGE problem with bullying online. Now that students have access to websites like Twitter and Facebook, bullying can be taken to a whole other level. It's sad, really. I was bullied a little when I was a child, and I wish I understood that it came from insecurity rather than power.

These kids got the idea that acting like this was acceptable. That's where the problem IS. The children are acting like children, which means uncivilized savages. So far, they have permission to do so.

There was NO bullying at MY school, I ruled it with an Iron fist

There was NO bullying at MY school, I ruled it with an Iron fist

I got bullied in middle school alot and I had enough one day, so I knocked the daylights of the black kid so hard that his grandparents felt it (he was the bully) and then I made him eat my spray deoderant (axe) until he coughed up an asthma attack. I only got a 3 day suspension because the teacher egged the bully on to be that way and didn't do anything to prevent the matter. (he was fired)

But yeah. My aunt who was working for USIS at the time told the dean that I should have kicked his ass even more and the kid's parents looked scared. xD

So, I was not bothered anymore in middle school.

In high school, I got shot with a 9mm. I ended up in the crossfire when another black teen shot at a cop for no other reason than he was a cop and was standing there.
I wasn't bullied at all there, but the people there were also not the ones you would want to stand up against. They would come back by the packs for revenge. :p

Here in florida, there are lots of bullies here. But are too pussy to get physical cause they allready learned that I'm not afraid the hard way. xDDDDD

So yeah. Don't be afraid to stand up for yourself. Consequences or not, you could always get the media's attention if the school does a BS move.

proving once again that school buses are simply mobile lords of the flies

none of this is new....it just wasnt talked about before.....hidden secrets

And consequently, schools are over-reacting to any playground antic.

– An East Bay dad claims a game of tag on the playground resulted in his 6-year-old son being accused of sexual assault – a decision he said was an overreaction by school officials.

The parent, who asked only to be identified as Oswin, said his son was accused of brushing his best friend’s leg or groin while the two were playing on the playground at Lupine Hills Elementary in Hercules two months ago.

Oswin said his child was kept in the principal’s office for two hours until he confessed. He was suspended, and a sexual battery charge was placed on his permanent school record.

Hercules Family Battles Sex Assault Claim Against 6-Year-Old « CBS San Francisco

Rest in peace, Common Sense.

Well Skull - now that dirty looks, innuendos, and TAG, constitute bullying, the numbers will go thru roof. Hence it will justify these ridiculous laws. See how that works?

There's basically two kinds of bullying behavbiors: physical bullying that is fairly easy to stop and SOCIAL bullying behaviors that aren't easy to stop.

Guess which one actually causes the most long term damage?

I think we all know the answer to thatm don't we?

Few of us feel any pain remembering when we were hit.

But my guess would be every one of us still feel the pain oiof we have ever been socially ostracized.

Girls are more likely to be social bullies than boys.

They also tend to be much better at attacking people psychologically.

Usually their victims are other girls.

Now why is this?

Well girls are much more socially focused than boys and girls are physically atuned to social status.

So much so that in groups of girls living together, the girls menstal periods evolve to reflect the same mentral cycle of the dominatant SOCIAL feamle of the group. But that social power can change over time, so who is in charge (who gets to bully) needs to be revisited constantly

Boys, OTOH, establish dominance usually by physical prowess.

Once that is established they generally don't have to revist who is in charge

Last edited:
I agree. But guess what? Teachers aren't usually privvy to those kind of attacks. Putting the burden of enforcement on school officials is useless at best; and dangerous at worst. 6 year olds playing tag?

This is where we're headed - European-style "progressivism".

More than 10,000 primary school pupils in a single year have been labelled racist or homophobic over minor squabbles.

Even toddlers in nursery classes are being penalised for so-called hate crimes such as using the words ‘white trash’ or ‘gaylord’.

Schools are forced to report their language to education authorities, which keep a register of incidents.

This leads to at least 30,000 primary and secondary pupils per year being effectively classed as bigots because of anti-bullying rules.

The school can also keep the pupil’s name and ‘offence’ on file. The record can be passed from primaries to secondaries or when a pupil moves between schools at the request of the new head.

And if schools are asked for a pupil reference by a future employer or a university, the record could be used as the basis for it, meaning the pettiest of incidents has the potential to blight a child for life.

Read more: 30,000 pupils branded 'racist, homophobic bigots by teachers, even at nursery | Mail Online

From the actions I have seen from posters on here I think the right is raising their kids to bully.

I would love someone to study just who these bullies are and who raises them.

Well TM, I might be sold into the theory that people who are or who accept bullyism as the nature order of things are more inclined toward RIGHTEST politics.

Because what bullying really is is establishing a hierarchy of power.

And the rightest seem to worship power be it physical, economic or social.

Rightest tend to be most comfortable when they understand who is in charge and when the rules are clear and apparent.

Before I sign off, though I want to point out that I find the same KIND of mind in EXTREME lefties, too.

They are also POWER AND CONTROL freaks.

If you doubt THAT, just look at hor rigid and puritanical Stalinism was in Russia and CASTROism still is in Cuba.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back