Building the Border Fence - A Public/Private Partnership

Do you really think a wall will keep out illegals?
Well, once they get the moat in place with alligators, sharks, and piranas.. And then the mine fields and machine gun nests... And then the electric fence. That'll keep the mongol hordes out.
The proposed fence does not include a moat or, mines or machine gun nests or alligators, sharks or Piranhas. Your attempt to paint a fence as some kind of violation of human rights is idiotic. Whose rights are violated by a fence?

Whose rights are violated by a fence?
The property owners...
You mean the ranchers, retirees and others who prefer to live off the grid in the vast desert near the Mexican border regularly confront the desperate and dehydrated illegal border crossers, who knock on their doors for directions and water, and lately more of the less innocent, who scurry across their land or lie low in the brush, stooped with marijuana and other drugs bundled on their backs. You mean those property owners? I don't see how that would affect their "Rights"
The ones that may fear for their lives because of the Mexican smugglers?

The property owners...
You mean the ranchers, retirees and others who prefer to live off the grid in the vast desert near the Mexican border regularly confront the desperate and dehydrated illegal border crossers, who knock on their doors for directions and water, and lately more of the less innocent, who scurry across their land or lie low in the brush, stooped with marijuana and other drugs bundled on their backs. You mean those property owners? I don't see how that would affect their "Rights"
The ones that may fear for their lives because of the Mexican smugglers?
I mean the ones who would be forced to sell their land to the Feds. That's hardly a defense of Property Rights now is it?

And neither is taking your guns into places that say No Guns.

The property owners...
Ever heard of eminent domain?
Yep, but that goes totally again Private Property Rights eh?
I always thought you were for anything that was for the greater good, or do you get to pick and choose those battles too!
PMH is shedding crocodile tears over the property rights of ranchers on the border. He never gave a damn about property rights in his entire life.

He never gave a damn about property rights in his entire life.
Entirely untrue, and you are the one who wants to take their property for a fence.
Eminent domain is the law of the land. If we are going to use it to build damns, freeways and shopping malls, then we can damn well use it to defend our border. If there was ever a valid justification for using it, that's it.

That being said, if anyone ever proposes an amendment to abolish eminent domain, I'm for it.

Entirely untrue, and you are the one who wants to take their property for a fence.
Eminent domain is the law of the land. If we are going to use it to build damns, freeways and shopping malls, then we can damn well use it to defend our border. If there was ever a valid justification for using it, that's it.

That being said, if anyone ever proposes an amendment to abolish eminent domain, I'm for it.
Then you couldn't get your fence eh?

Your lack of support for property rights is noted.

Then you couldn't get your fence eh?

Your lack of support for property rights is noted.

Nope, but then illegal immigration wouldn't be a problem.

Your crocodile tears shed over private property are also noted.

Do you really think a wall will keep out illegals?
Well, once they get the moat in place with alligators, sharks, and piranas.. And then the mine fields and machine gun nests... And then the electric fence. That'll keep the mongol hordes out.
The proposed fence does not include a moat or, mines or machine gun nests or alligators, sharks or Piranhas. Your attempt to paint a fence as some kind of violation of human rights is idiotic. Whose rights are violated by a fence?
Well shit, what good is it then? How is a mere fence going to keep the brown soulless mooching hordes out?

Forum List

Back