Building the Border Fence - A Public/Private Partnership

Why is that the people that claim a fence along the Mexican border will not work, have no problem with Israel building a fence/wall to protect their border?
nigelwallstory483.jpg

Is it a Fence Is it a Wall No it s a Separation Barrier The Electronic Intifada

Or Saudi Arabia is building a 600-mile long wall along its northern border with Iraq
http://www.newsweek.com/saudi-arabia-constructing-600-mile-long-wall-keep-isis-out-299664

Seems that walls and fences work for everyone but the US
There is the slight issue that we are not Israelis - we are American. I don't really care if they decide to cut down a tree with a herring - it is their nation to do with as they deem necessary and discover what is effective there.

The question remains will such work HERE. I think the clear answer is no - technology fills that gap more efficiently and we need something more efficient than a draconian barrier.

Why is that the people that claim a fence along the Mexican border will not work, have no problem with Israel building a fence/wall to protect their border?
nigelwallstory483.jpg

Or Saudi Arabia is building a 600-mile long wall along its northern border with Iraq
http://www.newsweek.com/saudi-arabia-constructing-600-mile-long-wall-keep-isis-out-299664

There is the slight issue that we are not Israelis - we are American. .

Hmmmm . . . so? Does that mean we can't learn from them?
I don't really care if they decide to cut down a tree with a herring - it is their nation to do with as they deem necessary and discover what is effective there..

One way we learn is by observing others. Those who cannot learn by observation are doomed to learn the hard way. That's how you want us to learn, by getting slapped upside the head with a 2X4.

The question remains will such work HERE. I think the clear answer is no - technology fills that gap more efficiently and we need something more efficient than a draconian barrier.

A fence is technology, numskull. What "technology" do you imagine would work better than a fence? You actually don't want to control the border. You want to flood this country with illegal aliens because they vote Democrat. You're just another traitorous asshole who doesn't give a fuck about his own culture.

The main reason assholes like you don't like the fence is that once it's built you can't just dispose of it by Executive Order. It remains where it is, and it does it's job. No president could look the other way and allow illegals to destroy it. Drones can disappear with the stroke of the pen. Border guards can disappear with the stroke of the pen, but not the fence. Hence, you hate it. It's the only real obstacle to your scheme to turn this country into Aztlan.

Instead of a wall, why don't we ask Sheriff Joe Arpaio why there aren't any employers of illegals in his tent jail. Biting the hand that feeds his election fund?

Raiding employers for illegal aliens is not Joe's responsibility. It's Obama's responsibility. Why don't you ask him?

There is the slight issue that we are not Israelis - we are American. I don't really care if they decide to cut down a tree with a herring - it is their nation to do with as they deem necessary and discover what is effective there.

And again, 40% of the illegals cross by legal means : using their passport and visa, so if the goal is creating some sort of massive tourist attraction rivaled only by the Chinese Great Wall, then I think it is a sound proposal.
If the goal is stopping illegals from getting jobs or getting legalized, I don't really think it will work.
Either charging governments for legalized citizens or modifying tariffs within the NAFTA seem better options IMHO.

And again, 40% of the illegals cross by legal means : using their passport and visa, so if the goal is creating some sort of massive tourist attraction rivaled only by the Chinese Great Wall, then I think it is a sound proposal.
If the goal is stopping illegals from getting jobs or getting legalized, I don't really think it will work.
Either charging governments for legalized citizens or modifying tariffs within the NAFTA seem better options IMHO.

So the fence only gets rid of 60% of the problem? ROFL! Does that mean we can't adopt any solution unless it gets rid of 100% of the problem? What solution is that? 60% of the problem is better than 0% of the problem we are eliminating at the moment. 60% of the problem is tens of billions in welfare, public schooling and EIT credits to illegal aliens every year. That makes the cost of the fence a bargain.

The excuse that we can't build it because it doesn't solve the entire problem is pure bullshit. It's just another excuse for doing nothing.

Just admit you don't want to solve the problem and get the fuck out of here.

I'm really tired of these lame excuses from people who are happy to sell out their country to foreigners so they can win an election.

The excuse that we can't build it because it doesn't solve the entire problem is pure bullshit. It's just another excuse for doing nothing.
I would certainly agree that it would diminish the problem, not solve it, just as a car alarm will diminish the chances of your car being stolen.
It would work for your purposes,but as I've said before , there should be other alternatives which could be negotiated with a trading partner ( the third most important if I recall correctly).

Also , I would wonder how many of the 740,000 Americans living in Mexico have their papers up to date. Not that I expect any retaliations from Mexico, but it just seems a bit hypocrital.

BBC News - American illegals in Mexico

Last edited:
Instead of a wall, why don't we ask Sheriff Joe Arpaio why there aren't any employers of illegals in his tent jail. Biting the hand that feeds his election fund?

Raiding employers for illegal aliens is not Joe's responsibility. It's Obama's responsibility. Why don't you ask him?

So you're writing that the Maracopa County Sheriff's Department hasn't conducted illegal alian raids?

Oh luh
I would certainly agree that it would diminish the problem, not solve it, just as a car alarm will diminish the chances of your car being stolen.
It would work for your purposes,but as I've said before , there should be other alternatives which could be negotiated with a trading partner ( the third most important if I recall correctly).

Also , I would wonder how many of the 740,000 Americans living in Mexico have their papers up to date. Not that I expect any retaliations from Mexico, but it just seems a bit hypocrital.

BBC News - American illegals in Mexico
Oh puhleeze, spare me the sanctimony.

Why should we depend on a "solution" that requires the cooperation of third parties that have no interest in cooperating? What about Americans living in Mexico? Who is stopping Mexico from enforcing their immigration laws? As a matter of fact, their immigration laws are a lot stricter than ours, and they actually enforce them

Every time you post on this subject the result is sheer idiocy. Who could possibly believe this stuff?

nigelwallstory483.jpg

I don't really care if they decide to cut down a tree with a herring - it is their nation to do with as they deem necessary and discover what is effective there..

One way we learn is by observing others. Those who cannot learn by observation are doomed to learn the hard way. That's how you want us to learn, by getting slapped upside the head with a 2X4.

A fence is technology, numskull. What "technology" do you imagine would work better than a fence? You actually don't want to control the border. You want to flood this country with illegal aliens because they vote Democrat. You're just another traitorous asshole who doesn't give a fuck about his own culture.

The main reason assholes like you don't like the fence is that once it's built you can't just dispose of it by Executive Order. It remains where it is, and it does it's job. No president could look the other way and allow illegals to destroy it. Drones can disappear with the stroke of the pen. Border guards can disappear with the stroke of the pen, but not the fence. Hence, you hate it. It's the only real obstacle to your scheme to turn this country into Aztlan.
As I ma not a democrat your asinine insults are rather idiotic.

A fence is not 'technology' in any meaningful sense unless you think it is still 10AD. Sensors are tech and they are massively more efficient and FAR cheaper.

nigelwallstory483.jpg

As I ma not a democrat your asinine insults are rather idiotic.

A fence is not 'technology' in any meaningful sense unless you think it is still 10AD. Sensors are tech and they are massively more efficient and FAR cheaper.

Fences are tech if you provide them with tech, like motion sensors to detect people digging a tunnel.

The bottom line is that fences work. They have worked for 10,000 years. You haven't mentioned any "technology" that would work better than a fence. The later has the added bonus that scumbags like Obama can't make it disappear with the stroke of a pen.

nigelwallstory483.jpg

Actually , that wall looks kind of lame

the-wall.jpg

I imagine this wall would be much more effective and create thousands of jobs.

nigelwallstory483.jpg

Actually , that wall looks kind of lame

the-wall.jpg

I imagine this wall would be much more effective and create thousands of jobs.

That would suit me just fine.

Sure; why not wage a "war on illegals" and lower taxes to spur revenue, as well, persons on the right?

Sounds like just another government program, blah...blah...blah.

We have a Commerce Clause; why are we losing money on Commerce at our borders?

There seems to be a failure of conservatives here to recognize that Republicans are all in favour of an expensive and useless fence, but not in favour of arresting or even heavily fining employers who hire undocumented workers.

Democrats have brought such legislation to Congress numerous times and Republicans block it every time. As long as illegals can easily get jobs in the US, they'll keep coming. If they come and can't get work, they'll stop coming.

Americans hiring illegals are the ones encouraging illegal immigration and it will continue to be a problem until the those profiting from that illegal labour face penalties. Canada fines any corporation which hires undocumented workers $10,000 per worker. And the onus is on employers to make sure their paperwork is in order.

There seems to be a failure of conservatives here to recognize that Republicans are all in favour of an expensive and useless fence, but not in favour of arresting or even heavily fining employers who hire undocumented workers.

Democrats have brought such legislation to Congress numerous times and Republicans block it every time. As long as illegals can easily get jobs in the US, they'll keep coming. If they come and can't get work, they'll stop coming.

Americans hiring illegals are the ones encouraging illegal immigration and it will continue to be a problem until the those profiting from that illegal labour face penalties. Canada fines any corporation which hires undocumented workers $10,000 per worker. And the onus is on employers to make sure their paperwork is in order.
Attorney General nominee Loretta Lynch says that illegal aliens have the same right to work in America as American citizens do and I do not believe she is a Republican.

Loretta Lynch Illegal Aliens Have Right To Work As Much As American Citizens - Breitbart

This idea should make liberal heads explode, the main reason being that it would obviously work:

US-Mexico Border Tighter Border Security Requires Mexico s Cooperation

To quickly secure our Southern Border, open the construction of the border fence to public and private sponsorship. Crowd source it.

If individuals, private organizations, and state or local governments with jurisdiction were allowed to finance construction of one mile segments, build out would occur quickly, leaving only a subset for the Federal Government to finance.

What do you think of this as a "power down" solution for a future Republican Administration?
How about staggered strafing runs by ac130s and A10s? Keep our pilots sharp and the fields fertilized.

There's already a $5000 fine for every illegal an employer hires. When has the Obama Administration ever prosecuted any employer for violating that law? What's the point of stiff fines if no one ever has to pay them? All this talk about fining employers is a diversion since Democrats have no intention of ever actually enforcing such laws.

#1) They know it's just a diversion. Obama will never enforce it.

#2) It would be unnecessary if Obama would simply control the border, which he categorically refuses to do.

#3) Anything that leaves discretion to the president about enforcement is a NO-OP.

It wouldn't matter who is "encouraging" illegals if they couldn't get here. Furthermore, Obama is openly encouraging illegals, but you think he's going to enforce this law? You're an imbecile.

Ok; so, the right claims the left is not really really serious about private charity (which Only covers multitudes of Sins), so, the left claims the right is not really really serious about Their fence, if they are unwilling to provide that "charity" for the public without any multitudes of sins being involved.

Otherwise,

We have a Commerce Clause; why are we losing money on Commerce a our borders.

Can the right muster no, Good Capitalists, to offer some explanation?

Attorney General nominee Loretta Lynch says that illegal aliens have the same right to work in America as American citizens do and I do not believe she is a Republican.

Loretta Lynch Illegal Aliens Have Right To Work As Much As American Citizens - Breitbart

Yes, our federal form of government declared that immigration into the Union is no longer a State's sovereign right, since 1808.

Forum List

Back