"Brownie....You're Doin' A Helluva Job"

Here's the thing...you clueless band of idiots...we have hurricane season every year! It's the months where you know that hurricanes can pop up at any time and it's the time of year that if you have half a brain you're keeping track of weather forecasts because they let you know what's coming your way.

I don't suddenly wake up the day that a hurricane is going to make landfall where I live and decide that it's time for me to run to the store and buy water and batteries. I don't put up my hurricane shutters that morning. I don't go to the gas station to fill up all my vehicles.

To make the claim that officials in New Orleans only had 48 hours to plan for a possible hurricane is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard on this board. THEY HAD YEARS TO PREPARE FOR THAT STORM!!!
You're fucking deranged.

No one's going to allow you to change your argument now that you realize you've failed.

You said, "it's obvious that New Orleans did an AWFUL job at preparing for a natural disaster that they knew for the better part of a week was coming!"

To which I responded, "So demented, you even think it was known a week in advance Katrina was going to hit New Orleans. :cuckoo: In reality, from which you are clearly divorced, they had less than 48 hours notice."

We're not talking about the years prior when they could have taken better precautions for any random storm -- we're talking about Katrina.

They did not know "for the better part of a week" the storm was coming.

4 days before Katrina hit, the storm was projected to hit the Florida Panhandle.

3 days before Katrina hit, the storm was projected to hit Alabama. At that time, the governor of Louisiana declared a state of emergency for her state and the mayor of New Orleans told his city to evacuate. You know, what you call doing nothing.

2 days before Katrina hit, the storm was projected to hit New Orleans. At that time, the governor of Louisiana requested federal assistance and the mayor of NO made evacuation mandatory. You know, again, what you call doing nothing.

The storm hit.

A week later, FEMA finally showed up.

Brown was rightfully fired.

And what conclusions should you draw from the constantly changing projections on where storms are projected to make landfall? That they don't know for sure? That they could very well change course...and do so multiple times?

So what would the correct response be if you were the Mayor of a city that has large portions that lie BELOW sea level and a category 5 hurricane is out in the Gulf? Hope it goes somewhere else?
No one fucking evacuates New Orleans for a hurricane projected to hit the Florida Panhandle. You truly are insane.

You know the storm is out there. You know it's morphed into a category 5. You know that there is no way on God's green earth that anyone can accurately predict what a hurricane will do. But you still think you're blameless because Katrina changed directions two days before it hit? Aren't you the sharp one!
Spits the forum imbecile who's preparing for tropical disturbance Erika as though it's a hurricane.

You really don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

As I said, Katrina wasn't even a WEEK OLD when it hit Louisiana. That's a matter of record. A week before landfall there was no such thing, not a hurricane, not a storm, not even a depression.

I guess on his planet people see the future in their crystal balls.

I said the better part of a week...Katrina originated over the Bahamas on August 23rd and made landfall on the Gulf Coast on the 29th of August. So is six days not the better part of a week? You're an idiot!
Actually, you said the people running New Orleans knew for the better part of a week that Katrina was coming.

You then posted a graphic showing they knew on Saturday -- two days before the storm hit.

2 days is not the better part of a week. I showed you that even 4 days before it hit NO, they weren't even in the cone.

You are seriously deranged.

Do you think Katrina suddenly appeared in the middle of the Gulf as a category 5 hurricane and nobody noticed it before that? Jeb Bush had declared a state of emergency in Florida before that storm made landfall the first time...WELL BEFORE THAT PROJECTED PATH WAS BEING PREDICTED!!!

So did Louisiana governor Blanco. Friday the 26th.
Your point is what?

btw where's your reference for the Florida declaration? I did a search, found nothing.

My "point" is that Ray Nagin...the Mayor of New Orleans...is the person most to blame for the debacle that was Katrina not Michael Brown. His total lack of leadership leading up to the storm was appalling. Then toss in that he extorted bribes from those who came afterwards to rebuild the city that his negligence helped destroy and you've got a scumbag of EPIC proportions...but all you liberals want to talk about is how Michael Brown's FEMA didn't respond faster than they did!
Because this thread is about FEMA's pathetic response, not Nagin.

You've already proven you can't deal with that, so you're trying desperately to derail the thread.

Here's the thing...you clueless band of idiots...we have hurricane season every year! It's the months where you know that hurricanes can pop up at any time and it's the time of year that if you have half a brain you're keeping track of weather forecasts because they let you know what's coming your way.

I don't suddenly wake up the day that a hurricane is going to make landfall where I live and decide that it's time for me to run to the store and buy water and batteries. I don't put up my hurricane shutters that morning. I don't go to the gas station to fill up all my vehicles.

To make the claim that officials in New Orleans only had 48 hours to plan for a possible hurricane is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard on this board. THEY HAD YEARS TO PREPARE FOR THAT STORM!!!
You're fucking deranged.

No one's going to allow you to change your argument now that you realize you've failed.

You said, "it's obvious that New Orleans did an AWFUL job at preparing for a natural disaster that they knew for the better part of a week was coming!"

To which I responded, "So demented, you even think it was known a week in advance Katrina was going to hit New Orleans. :cuckoo: In reality, from which you are clearly divorced, they had less than 48 hours notice."

We're not talking about the years prior when they could have taken better precautions for any random storm -- we're talking about Katrina.

4 days before Katrina hit, the storm was projected to hit the Florida Panhandle.

3 days before Katrina hit, the storm was projected to hit Alabama. At that time, the governor of Louisiana declared a state of emergency for her state and the mayor of New Orleans told his city to evacuate. You know, what you call doing nothing.

2 days before Katrina hit, the storm was projected to hit New Orleans. At that time, the governor of Louisiana requested federal assistance and the mayor of NO made evacuation mandatory. You know, again, what you call doing nothing.

The storm hit.

And what conclusions should you draw from the constantly changing projections on where storms are projected to make landfall? That they don't know for sure? That they could very well change course...and do so multiple times?

So what would the correct response be if you were the Mayor of a city that has large portions that lie BELOW sea level and a category 5 hurricane is out in the Gulf? Hope it goes somewhere else?
No one fucking evacuates New Orleans for a hurricane projected to hit the Florida Panhandle. You truly are insane.

Indeed, Katrina was the first storm I ever evacuated for, and I lived there 12 years. If Gulf coast residents fled every time a tropical depression popped up it would be literally deserted every summer.

And if you look at the forecast models on what path it MIGHT take? Some of the models had it hitting as far west as New Orleans. Wake the fuck up!
You flaming liar -- 4 days before the storm hit, there was only one model (not models) showing New Orleans could get hit. Every other model indicated Florida was going to take a second hit. No one evacuates a city when one model is different from all the rest AND the projected path.

i1b407.png

You really are dumbing yourself down just to defend your insane argument. Meanwhile, the National Hurricane Center, which evaluates ALL the models, indicated the most probable path was the Florida Panhandle.

Now THAT is an amusing map you've put up, Faun!

You do realize that it's from when Katrina first formed over the Bahamas six days earlier? Well before it even crossed Florida? The projected paths for the storm changed dramatically as the week went on.
Rightard ... that map was just 4 days before Katrina hit NO. You know, what you called the "better part of a week."

And despite your lie that there were "some models" showing NO in the path -- the reality is .... with 4 days before it hit, there was just one.

Brownie did a far better job than did Kathleen Blanco and Ray Nagin.

Just sayin'.

You're fucking deranged.

The storm hit.

Indeed, Katrina was the first storm I ever evacuated for, and I lived there 12 years. If Gulf coast residents fled every time a tropical depression popped up it would be literally deserted every summer.
I live in South Florida and have been through more hurricanes than I can count. No areas here, even on the beaches, are evacuated until a severe TS or hurricane is an actual threat to hit. We don't evacuate cities for storms projected to hit some 400 miles away.

Just sayin'.

At least that's what Fox Noise was sayin' (see 347), but then there's a reason Fox Noise viewers are the worst informed. Sleazy as he is I suspect if they knew Nagin was a Republican running as a Democrat the Katrina spin on him from such partisan hack sources woulda been a lot different.

Just sayin'.

At least that's what Fox Noise was sayin' (see 347), but then there's a reason Fox Noise viewers are the worst informed. Sleazy as he is I suspect if they knew Nagin was a Republican running as a Democrat the Katrina spin on him from such partisan hack sources woulda been a lot different.

Fox News is not my source. I recall actually reading up on events from a variety of sources during the Katrina era. It was pretty clear to me back then and remains so today that many of the failures were due to state and local government. Poor people ALWAYS fare worse during disasters as they have less resources to begin with. New Orleans had a long history of Democrat leadership (a common denominator in areas with poor people undergoing hardships - manmade and otherwise) resulting in a large portion of poor people.

Just sayin'.

Fox News is not my source. I recall actually reading up on events from a variety of sources during the Katrina era. It was pretty clear to me back then and remains so today that many of the failures were due to state and local government. Poor people ALWAYS fare worse during disasters as they have less resources to begin with. New Orleans had a long history of Democrat leadership (a common denominator in areas with poor people undergoing hardships - manmade and otherwise) resulting in a large portion of poor people.

Uh, I think it's capitalism that does that.

Virtually all cities have a history of Democratic leadership. All that tells us is who's better organized at the city level as an electoral machine.

As noted before, there was a clusterfuck of bureaucratic incompetence with input from local, state and federal sources. None of them acted on political ideology. There's no such dynamic in disaster prep and it's dishonest to suggest there is.

Just sayin'.

Virtually all cities have a history of Democratic leadership. All that tells us is who's better organized at the city level as an electoral machine.

As noted before, there was a clusterfuck of bureaucratic incompetence with input from local, state and federal sources. None of them acted on political ideology. There's no such dynamic in disaster prep and it's dishonest to suggest there is.

Sorry hun. It is most certainly not Capitalism which has driven the agenda of Democrat governments herding minorities into poverty zones in the innercity.

Just sayin'.

Sorry hun. It is most certainly not Capitalism which has driven the agenda of Democrat governments herding minorities into poverty zones in the innercity.

No huh?

Then what is it?

:popcorn:

Just sayin'.

No huh?

Then what is it?

You don't need popcorn waiting for my answer. It is Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy to anyone who understand history, politics, economics and human nature:

Collectivist ideology combined with unaccountable political power.

No huh?

Then what is it?

"Collectivist ideology" :rofl: --- meaning at the city level what day the trash is collected?

Actually "collectivist ideology" would mean a classless society with no poverty. If such was even within the purview of a city government deciding when trash day is.

I fink you shot down your own point.
Say, this popcorn's good.

No huh?

Then what is it?

"Collectivist ideology" :rofl: --- meaning at the city level what day the trash is collected?

Actually "collectivist ideology" would mean a classless society with no poverty. If such was even within the purview of a city government deciding when trash day is.

Condolences on your brainwashing. It is quite through.

WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

And Government is just another name for the things we do together.

No huh?

Then what is it?

WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

"Through" what?

Is the assessment inaccurate?

>> What is Collectivism?

Personal or social orientation that emphasizes the good of the group, community, or society over and above individual gain. <<
Is not individual gain necessary to produce classes of haves and have-nots?

Hey I'm just taking this ridiculous partisan meme about political party ideology defining cities and putting it where it belongs. Out to the curb in time for trash collection.

You're fucking deranged.

The storm hit.

Who doesn't prepare to evacuate a city that lies mostly below sea level with levees built to withstand a category 3 storm when there is a category FIVE storm that's going to hit somewhere in the Gulf?

Who forgets to follow the evacuation plans that have been drawn up in case of a storm that big? Ray Nagin for some reason never implemented plans to use school buses to get people out of the city who didn't have cars even though that was in the city's hurricane evacuation plan. Why is that?

No huh?

Then what is it?

WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

"Through" what?

>> What is Collectivism?

Personal or social orientation that emphasizes the good of the group, community, or society over and above individual gain. <<

Hey I'm just taking this ridiculous partisan meme about political party ideology defining cities and putting it where it belongs. Out to the curb in time for trash collection.

I see that you don't grok the ideology you espouse.

Incompetency is Effectiveness

Corruption is Altrusim

Collectivism is Compassion

You're fucking deranged.

The storm hit.

I live in South Florida and have been through more hurricanes than I can count. No areas here, even on the beaches, are evacuated until a severe TS or hurricane is an actual threat to hit. We don't evacuate cities for storms projected to hit some 400 miles away.

Just out of curiosity, Faun...where you live in South Florida? Is it twenty feet below sea level? Does it have levees only designed to withstand a category 3 hurricane? Have people for decades predicted that a major storm hitting there would create epic damages? If not...then I would suggest you put a cork in it.

No huh?

Then what is it?

WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

"Through" what?

>> What is Collectivism?

I see that you don't grok the ideology you espouse.

Incompetency is Effectiveness

Corruption is Altrusim

Collectivism is Compassion

I haven't espoused anything. I just jump on fallacies. I made no value judgments except on the reasoning.
Your answer made its own opposite point; I pointed that out. So there we are.

Forum List

Back