"Brownie....You're Doin' A Helluva Job"

You know the storm is out there. You know it's morphed into a category 5. You know that there is no way on God's green earth that anyone can accurately predict what a hurricane will do. But you still think you're blameless because Katrina changed directions two days before it hit? Aren't you the sharp one!
Spits the forum imbecile who's preparing for tropical disturbance Erika as though it's a hurricane.

You really don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

So the hundreds of OTHER people who were also at the store stocking up in case "tropical disturbance" Erika turned into hurricane Erika are imbeciles too? Gee, could it possibly be that we are the intelligent people and idiots like you and those that didn't prepare in New Orleans are REALLY the imbeciles?

Collectivist ideology combined with unaccountable political power.

"Collectivist ideology" :rofl: --- meaning at the city level what day the trash is collected?

Actually "collectivist ideology" would mean a classless society with no poverty. If such was even within the purview of a city government deciding when trash day is.

I fink you shot down your own point.
Say, this popcorn's good.

Condolences on your brainwashing. It is quite through.

WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

And Government is just another name for the things we do together.

"Through" what?

Is the assessment inaccurate?

>> What is Collectivism?

Personal or social orientation that emphasizes the good of the group, community, or society over and above individual gain. <<
Is not individual gain necessary to produce classes of haves and have-nots?

Hey I'm just taking this ridiculous partisan meme about political party ideology defining cities and putting it where it belongs. Out to the curb in time for trash collection.

I see that you don't grok the ideology you espouse.

Incompetency is Effectiveness

Corruption is Altrusim

Collectivism is Compassion

I haven't espoused anything. I just jump on fallacies.
Your answer made its own opposite point; I pointed that out. So there we are.

No, you addressed only one half of my post and then sugar coated the concept with Rainbow Unicorn Piss.

You know the storm is out there. You know it's morphed into a category 5. You know that there is no way on God's green earth that anyone can accurately predict what a hurricane will do. But you still think you're blameless because Katrina changed directions two days before it hit? Aren't you the sharp one!
Spits the forum imbecile who's preparing for tropical disturbance Erika as though it's a hurricane.

So the hundreds of OTHER people who were also at the store stocking up in case "tropical disturbance" Erika turned into hurricane Erika are imbeciles too? Gee, could it possibly be that we are the intelligent people and idiots like you and those that didn't prepare in New Orleans are REALLY the imbeciles?

Nobody "didn't prepare", shithead.

"Collectivist ideology" :rofl: --- meaning at the city level what day the trash is collected?

Actually "collectivist ideology" would mean a classless society with no poverty. If such was even within the purview of a city government deciding when trash day is.

I fink you shot down your own point.
Say, this popcorn's good.

WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

"Through" what?

>> What is Collectivism?

Personal or social orientation that emphasizes the good of the group, community, or society over and above individual gain. <<

Hey I'm just taking this ridiculous partisan meme about political party ideology defining cities and putting it where it belongs. Out to the curb in time for trash collection.

Corruption is Altrusim

No, you addressed only one half of my post and then sugar coated the concept with Rainbow Unicorn Piss.

Half was all I needed. I'm that good. :eusa_angel:
When you lose your keys, and then find them, do you keep looking?

And I believe that Katrina actually DID make landfall as a category 3 hurricane instead of the possible category 5 hurricane that it was earlier projected to be so obviously Vandal's memory is bad and Redfish's isn't any better!

Katrina weakened from a cat 5 to a cat 3 when it hit the coastal wetlands. As for the rest of your post, where you claim that you never said, "this", or "that", it is more than amusing that you are trying to backtrack, when what you posted is still on the thread:

"....it's obvious that New Orleans did an AWFUL job at preparing for a natural disaster that they knew for the better part of a week was coming!"

Like Trump, you are fooling nobody but yourself and the feebleminded.

Would you like me to show you the projected paths for Katrina in the week leading up to the storm's making landfall? Your claim that they didn't know Katrina was coming until 48 hours before it hit is laughable. They KNEW it was coming...they just hoped it would make landfall somewhere else!

Right now, I KNOW Erica is coming...I just don't know if it will be as a tropical storm or as a hurricane...and I don't know what it's final path will be. That hasn't stopped me from preparing for the worst...UNLIKE you folks in New Orleans prior to Katrina!

You are truly a cretinous moron. NOBODY gets that kind of warning on ANY hurricane. "A week" my fucking ass. Clearly you don't know hurricane behaviour from your own asshole.

Would you like me to show you the projected path just a day before, when it was known for the first time where it was headed? I did this already in post 298 but since you're illiterate we'll just do it again on the chance you may have had reading lessons overnight:

Saturday August 27 was when I as a typical resident first became aware of a storm coming at all, about 2 in the afternoon, roughly 36 hours before she would make landfall. This was about exactly the same time the city was getting a call from the National Hurricane Center in Florida, advising that the projected path and the projected strengthening put New Orleans in the crosshairs. All of which has ALSO already been posted right here in this thread, Dumbass.

This map was generated about 11 hours later -- the storm's current location at the time -- just after midnight of Saturday-going-into-Sunday -- is the red icon just west of the southern tip of Florida.
Which means it was ONLY THEN -- in the middle of the wee hours going into Sunday -- beginning to turn north toward the US Gulf Coast. WITHOUT THAT TURN, IT'S GOING TOWARD MEXICO.

That's the last couple of days of an erratic and unpredictable path.

HurricaneKatrinaTrack2.jpg

("6Z" means "six hours Zulu", or 06:00 UTC, which is 01:00 CDT). About 11 hours after the time both I and the city got warnings. Because only THEN was the path expected.

36 hours. And that's not 36 hours to act; it means within 36 hours, you have to already be somewhere else, including your travel, which as we've all recounted, takes MUCH longer than usual. My own journey averaged 25mph, and that's after getting clear of major population centers like Baton Rouge.

A WEEK before landfall, Katrina DID NOT YET EVEN EXIST, NOT EVEN SO MUCH AS A TROPICAL DEPRESSION. NOTHING.

A WEEK before landfall, Katrina DID NOT YET EVEN EXIST, NOT EVEN SO MUCH AS A TROPICAL DEPRESSION. NOTHING.

"Katrina originated over the Bahamas on August 23 from the interaction between a tropical wave and the remnants of Tropical Depression Ten. Early the following day, the new depression intensified into Tropical Storm Katrina. The cyclone headed generally westward toward Florida and strengthened into a hurricane only two hours before making landfall Hallandale Beach and Aventura on August 25. After very briefly weakening to a tropical storm, Katrina emerged into the Gulf of Mexico on August 26 and began to rapidly deepen. The storm strengthened to a Category 5 hurricane over the warm waters of the Gulf of Mexico, but weakened before making its second landfall as a Category 3 hurricane on August 29 in southeast Louisiana."

23,24,25,26,27,28,29. 7 days.

23 to 29 is SIX DAYS, stupid. You don't count the day you start on.
And 23 is a stretch -- it wasn't even a storm until the 24th. Not even a little one.

How Katrina formed -- National Geographic

"A week before" landfall (dawn, Monday August 29th) would be dawn on Monday August 22nd. A day on which Katrina, all together now, DID NOT YET EXIST.

A WEEK before landfall, Katrina DID NOT YET EVEN EXIST, NOT EVEN SO MUCH AS A TROPICAL DEPRESSION.

You seem to be good at picking out something and nit picking. I can do the same thing.

If you stop with the partisan bullshit and really look at how the locals dealt with those hurricanes it's obvious that New Orleans did an AWFUL job at preparing for a natural disaster that they knew for the better part of a week was coming!
You really have no idea what you're talking about ... this was just 4 days before Katrina hit New Orleans ... they weren't even in the cone. Florida's Pan Handle was expected to get it.

katrina_2005_08_25.jpg

As I said, Katrina wasn't even a WEEK OLD when it hit Louisiana. That's a matter of record. A week before landfall there was no such thing, not a hurricane, not a storm, not even a depression.

I guess on his planet people see the future in their crystal balls.

I said the better part of a week...Katrina originated over the Bahamas on August 23rd and made landfall on the Gulf Coast on the 29th of August. So is six days not the better part of a week? You're an idiot!

You said -- and we quote, it's sitting right there above --
"a natural disaster that they knew for the better part of a week was coming!"

-- now you're trying to backtrack to "how long Katrina existed". Dishonest HACK.

As we've already noted and linked, the city didn't get the word that Katrina was coming -- nor did anyone else -- until SATURDAY AFTERNOON, August 27. That's approximately 36 hours before landfall, and that means you have less time than that to make a move, because you don't flee a hurricane while it's landing, because that puts you IN it. That should be readily obvious but in light of how fucking stupid you are it bears pointing out.

Saturday afternoon. Before that nobody knew which way Katrina would go. It was at the time heading toward MEXICO. It's right there on the map.

That's right about the time I got word and in my case the evacuation took seven hours of travel time alone, not counting any prep. That leaves 29 hours between notification and egress.

Now on what fucking planet is 29 hours "the better part of a week"?

DUMBASS.

Katrina became a CAT V Hurricane 29 hours before making landfall. That would be interesting if it wasn't bullshit. Was Katrina going to hit Mexico and stop? If what you say is true, and it isn't, 10 miles an hour would get you 70 miles away from NO in 7 hours, and 290 miles in 29 hours.

And I believe that Katrina actually DID make landfall as a category 3 hurricane instead of the possible category 5 hurricane that it was earlier projected to be so obviously Vandal's memory is bad and Redfish's isn't any better!

Katrina weakened from a cat 5 to a cat 3 when it hit the coastal wetlands. As for the rest of your post, where you claim that you never said, "this", or "that", it is more than amusing that you are trying to backtrack, when what you posted is still on the thread:

"....it's obvious that New Orleans did an AWFUL job at preparing for a natural disaster that they knew for the better part of a week was coming!"

Would you like me to show you the projected paths for Katrina in the week leading up to the storm's making landfall? Your claim that they didn't know Katrina was coming until 48 hours before it hit is laughable. They KNEW it was coming...they just hoped it would make landfall somewhere else!

Right now, I KNOW Erica is coming...I just don't know if it will be as a tropical storm or as a hurricane...and I don't know what it's final path will be. That hasn't stopped me from preparing for the worst...UNLIKE you folks in New Orleans prior to Katrina!

You are truly a cretinous moron. NOBODY gets that kind of warning on ANY hurricane. "A week" my fucking ass. Clearly you don't know hurricane behaviour from your own asshole.

Would you like me to show you the projected path just a day before, when it was known for the first time where it was headed? I did this already in post 298 but since you're illiterate we'll just do it again on the chance you may have had reading lessons overnight:

Saturday August 27 was when I as a typical resident first became aware of a storm coming at all, about 2 in the afternoon, roughly 36 hours before she would make landfall. This was about exactly the same time the city was getting a call from the National Hurricane Center in Florida, advising that the projected path and the projected strengthening put New Orleans in the crosshairs. All of which has ALSO already been posted right here in this thread, Dumbass.

This map was generated about 11 hours later -- the storm's current location at the time -- just after midnight of Saturday-going-into-Sunday -- is the red icon just west of the southern tip of Florida.
Which means it was ONLY THEN -- in the middle of the wee hours going into Sunday -- beginning to turn north toward the US Gulf Coast. WITHOUT THAT TURN, IT'S GOING TOWARD MEXICO.

("6Z" means "six hours Zulu", or 06:00 UTC, which is 01:00 CDT). About 11 hours after the time both I and the city got warnings. Because only THEN was the path expected.

36 hours. And that's not 36 hours to act; it means within 36 hours, you have to already be somewhere else, including your travel, which as we've all recounted, takes MUCH longer than usual. My own journey averaged 25mph, and that's after getting clear of major population centers like Baton Rouge.

"Katrina originated over the Bahamas on August 23 from the interaction between a tropical wave and the remnants of Tropical Depression Ten. Early the following day, the new depression intensified into Tropical Storm Katrina. The cyclone headed generally westward toward Florida and strengthened into a hurricane only two hours before making landfall Hallandale Beach and Aventura on August 25. After very briefly weakening to a tropical storm, Katrina emerged into the Gulf of Mexico on August 26 and began to rapidly deepen. The storm strengthened to a Category 5 hurricane over the warm waters of the Gulf of Mexico, but weakened before making its second landfall as a Category 3 hurricane on August 29 in southeast Louisiana."

And 23 is a stretch -- it wasn't even a storm until the 24th. Not even a little one.

"A week before" landfall (dawn, Monday August 29th) would be dawn on Monday August 22nd. A day on which Katrina, all together now, DID NOT YET EXIST.
I counted the 23rd because it WAS a tropical depression on the 23rd and you clearly stated that it wasn't.

WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

"Through" what?

>> What is Collectivism?

Corruption is Altrusim

Half was all I needed. I'm that good. :eusa_angel:
When you lose your keys, and then find them, do you keep looking?

Half as in Half-Witted....

Brownie did a far better job than did Kathleen Blanco and Ray Nagin.

Just sayin'.

At least that's what Fox Noise was sayin' (see 347), but then there's a reason Fox Noise viewers are the worst informed. Sleazy as he is I suspect if they knew Nagin was a Republican running as a Democrat the Katrina spin on him from such partisan hack sources woulda been a lot different.

Fox News is not my source. I recall actually reading up on events from a variety of sources during the Katrina era. It was pretty clear to me back then and remains so today that many of the failures were due to state and local government. Poor people ALWAYS fare worse during disasters as they have less resources to begin with. New Orleans had a long history of Democrat leadership (a common denominator in areas with poor people undergoing hardships - manmade and otherwise) resulting in a large portion of poor people.

when they have nothing and that is most of the time, they throw up Fox news. how empty and hollow is that. yawn

Here's the thing...you clueless band of idiots...we have hurricane season every year! It's the months where you know that hurricanes can pop up at any time and it's the time of year that if you have half a brain you're keeping track of weather forecasts because they let you know what's coming your way.

I don't suddenly wake up the day that a hurricane is going to make landfall where I live and decide that it's time for me to run to the store and buy water and batteries. I don't put up my hurricane shutters that morning. I don't go to the gas station to fill up all my vehicles.

To make the claim that officials in New Orleans only had 48 hours to plan for a possible hurricane is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard on this board. THEY HAD YEARS TO PREPARE FOR THAT STORM!!!
You're fucking deranged.

No one's going to allow you to change your argument now that you realize you've failed.

You said, "it's obvious that New Orleans did an AWFUL job at preparing for a natural disaster that they knew for the better part of a week was coming!"

To which I responded, "So demented, you even think it was known a week in advance Katrina was going to hit New Orleans. :cuckoo: In reality, from which you are clearly divorced, they had less than 48 hours notice."

We're not talking about the years prior when they could have taken better precautions for any random storm -- we're talking about Katrina.

They did not know "for the better part of a week" the storm was coming.

4 days before Katrina hit, the storm was projected to hit the Florida Panhandle.

3 days before Katrina hit, the storm was projected to hit Alabama. At that time, the governor of Louisiana declared a state of emergency for her state and the mayor of New Orleans told his city to evacuate. You know, what you call doing nothing.

2 days before Katrina hit, the storm was projected to hit New Orleans. At that time, the governor of Louisiana requested federal assistance and the mayor of NO made evacuation mandatory. You know, again, what you call doing nothing.

The storm hit.

A week later, FEMA finally showed up.

Brown was rightfully fired.

And what conclusions should you draw from the constantly changing projections on where storms are projected to make landfall? That they don't know for sure? That they could very well change course...and do so multiple times?

So what would the correct response be if you were the Mayor of a city that has large portions that lie BELOW sea level and a category 5 hurricane is out in the Gulf? Hope it goes somewhere else?
No one fucking evacuates New Orleans for a hurricane projected to hit the Florida Panhandle. You truly are insane.

Who doesn't prepare to evacuate a city that lies mostly below sea level with levees built to withstand a category 3 storm when there is a category FIVE storm that's going to hit somewhere in the Gulf?

Who forgets to follow the evacuation plans that have been drawn up in case of a storm that big? Ray Nagin for some reason never implemented plans to use school buses to get people out of the city who didn't have cars even though that was in the city's hurricane evacuation plan. Why is that?
You're too fucking brain-dead. :cuckoo:

It's not about "preparing to evacuate." Cities have evacuation plans. It's about actually making the call to evacuate. Cities don't evacuate unless there's an actual threat. You really are as stupid as you sound. Evacuation is the last step taken to prevent loss of life. It's not done willy-nilly just because a hurricane is projected to hit three states away.

Even worse for your idiotic position is that calling for the evacuation was not the problem. Getting residents to evacuate was. No city can force residents to evacuate against their will. Folks in New Orleans who were willing to leave all got out in time. It was the residents who refused to evacuate who foolishly stayed in their homes despite a mandatory evacuation. For many who wanted to evacuate but didn't have the means, the city picked up at designated locations throughout the city and brought them to shelter in the Superdome. The buses you speak of were not used because the city lacked time to coordinate bussing people out of the city. Again, despite your mountain of ignorance, the city had less than 2 days to facilitate a complete evacuation.

Last edited:
Remember Katrina and George W. Bush's totally unbelievable mishandling of the massive destruction and death in Louisiana, and Mississippi? I Do!

It wasn't as bad and irresponsible as Iraq but it was in the game.
You talking about when Nagin went to prison for corruption over the way he handled the money?
No, he's talking about how Bush and the republicans criminally mishandled the response to a national emergency and 1500 people died.

Another moron that believes the feds should come in and do the states job.
It's great that Qatar stepped in and gave money and support...First World countries have a responsibility help out those poor unfortunates in the Third World.

Yes, they are. You think just because others are morons means you're in a group of rational people? Some people tend to overreact. Partly because of past experiences and partly because the news sensationalizes stories.

My wife went grocery shopping yesterday for a dinner party we had last night. We got a good laugh when she returned and told me how the water aisle was empty. We laughed at irrational nuts who freak out when there isn't even a threat of a tropical storm, no less a hurricane.

You're fucking deranged.

No one's going to allow you to change your argument now that you realize you've failed.

You said, "it's obvious that New Orleans did an AWFUL job at preparing for a natural disaster that they knew for the better part of a week was coming!"

To which I responded, "So demented, you even think it was known a week in advance Katrina was going to hit New Orleans. :cuckoo: In reality, from which you are clearly divorced, they had less than 48 hours notice."

We're not talking about the years prior when they could have taken better precautions for any random storm -- we're talking about Katrina.

4 days before Katrina hit, the storm was projected to hit the Florida Panhandle.

3 days before Katrina hit, the storm was projected to hit Alabama. At that time, the governor of Louisiana declared a state of emergency for her state and the mayor of New Orleans told his city to evacuate. You know, what you call doing nothing.

2 days before Katrina hit, the storm was projected to hit New Orleans. At that time, the governor of Louisiana requested federal assistance and the mayor of NO made evacuation mandatory. You know, again, what you call doing nothing.

The storm hit.

And what conclusions should you draw from the constantly changing projections on where storms are projected to make landfall? That they don't know for sure? That they could very well change course...and do so multiple times?

So what would the correct response be if you were the Mayor of a city that has large portions that lie BELOW sea level and a category 5 hurricane is out in the Gulf? Hope it goes somewhere else?
No one fucking evacuates New Orleans for a hurricane projected to hit the Florida Panhandle. You truly are insane.

Indeed, Katrina was the first storm I ever evacuated for, and I lived there 12 years. If Gulf coast residents fled every time a tropical depression popped up it would be literally deserted every summer.
I live in South Florida and have been through more hurricanes than I can count. No areas here, even on the beaches, are evacuated until a severe TS or hurricane is an actual threat to hit. We don't evacuate cities for storms projected to hit some 400 miles away.

Just out of curiosity, Faun...where you live in South Florida? Is it twenty feet below sea level? Does it have levees only designed to withstand a category 3 hurricane? Have people for decades predicted that a major storm hitting there would create epic damages? If not...then I would suggest you put a cork in it.

So, New Orleans is now TWENTY FEET BELOW SEA LEVEL?

Just keep digging, Oldstyle....:dig:

I counted the 23rd because it WAS a tropical depression on the 23rd and you clearly stated that it wasn't.
It never ceases to amaze me to see just how retarded you righties are. Far worse than I thought, in fact. A moron constantly makes stupid remarks. But you righties are so fucking retarded, you defend your moronic remarks to the death even after the rightardedness of your posts are revealed.

He said Hurricane Katrina didn't even exist a week before making landfall in New Orleans. That occurred on August 29th, 2005. Now pay attention to this part as it's the key to your idiocy .... a week prior to the 29th was August 22nd, 2005; before it was even a tropical depression. Do you even know a week is 7 days, not 6?

Last edited:

If they prepared then why were they out of food and water within days and screaming that they needed to be "rescued"?

After Charlie we didn't have power for 11 days. You couldn't get gas anywhere. Stores were cleaned out of things like water. Yet I was fine because I followed some common sense instructions and stocked up food, water and batteries...something that WAY too many people didn't do in New Orleans.

Here's the thing...you clueless band of idiots...we have hurricane season every year! It's the months where you know that hurricanes can pop up at any time and it's the time of year that if you have half a brain you're keeping track of weather forecasts because they let you know what's coming your way.

I don't suddenly wake up the day that a hurricane is going to make landfall where I live and decide that it's time for me to run to the store and buy water and batteries. I don't put up my hurricane shutters that morning. I don't go to the gas station to fill up all my vehicles.

To make the claim that officials in New Orleans only had 48 hours to plan for a possible hurricane is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard on this board. THEY HAD YEARS TO PREPARE FOR THAT STORM!!!
You're fucking deranged.

The storm hit.

Who doesn't prepare to evacuate a city that lies mostly below sea level with levees built to withstand a category 3 storm when there is a category FIVE storm that's going to hit somewhere in the Gulf?

Who forgets to follow the evacuation plans that have been drawn up in case of a storm that big? Ray Nagin for some reason never implemented plans to use school buses to get people out of the city who didn't have cars even though that was in the city's hurricane evacuation plan. Why is that?
You're too fucking brain-dead. :cuckoo:

It's not about "preparing to evacuate." Cities have evacuation plans. It's about actually making the call to evacuate. Cities don't evacuate unless there's an actual threat. You really are as stupid as you sound. Evacuation is the last step taken to prevent loss of life. It's not done willy-nilly just because a hurricane is projected to hit three states away.

Even worse for your idiotic position is that calling for the evacuation was not the problem. Getting residents to evacuate was. No city can force residents to evacuate against their will. Folks in New Orleans who were willing to leave all got out in time. It was the residents who refused to evacuate who foolishly stayed in their homes despite a mandatory evacuation. For many who wanted to evacuate but didn't have the means, the city picked up at designated locations throughout the city and brought them to shelter in the Superdome. The buses you speak of were not used because the city lacked time to coordinate bussing people out of the city. Again, despite your mountain of ignorance, the city had less than 2 days to facilitate a complete evacuation.

So what you're saying is that despite the fact that part of New Orlean's evacuation strategy included using city owned buses to get those people without cars out of the city...that Ray Nagin somehow forgot to implement that strategy during the two days prior to Katrina making landfall even though the "leaders" (and I use that term oh so loosely!) on New Orleans knew about a category 5 hurricane sitting right out there in the Gulf? That hundreds of bright yellow school buses sat in parking lots while Nagin sat on his thumbs?

See here's the thing, Faun..."plans" are only good if you've got leaders who remember to use them when the shit hits the fan!

Indeed, Katrina was the first storm I ever evacuated for, and I lived there 12 years. If Gulf coast residents fled every time a tropical depression popped up it would be literally deserted every summer.
I live in South Florida and have been through more hurricanes than I can count. No areas here, even on the beaches, are evacuated until a severe TS or hurricane is an actual threat to hit. We don't evacuate cities for storms projected to hit some 400 miles away.

Just out of curiosity, Faun...where you live in South Florida? Is it twenty feet below sea level? Does it have levees only designed to withstand a category 3 hurricane? Have people for decades predicted that a major storm hitting there would create epic damages? If not...then I would suggest you put a cork in it.

So, New Orleans is now TWENTY FEET BELOW SEA LEVEL?

Just keep digging, Oldstyle....:dig:

There were flood water levels in New Orleans of well over 14 feet. My point was that if you live in ANY area of South Florida you would at least be above sea level. Parts of New Orleans on the other hand are well below sea level. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that if you have people who reside in an area below sea level with levees designed to survive a category 3 storm and you've got a category 5 hurricane right out in the Gulf then it's time to get out of Dodge. If I'm the Mayor of New Orleans, call me crazy but I'm going to play it safe and enforce a mandatory evacuation for those areas that are well below sea level and I'm also going to strongly suggest that anyone who can leave from the rest of the city do so as well so if the city does flood and emergency personnel can't get there from where they've been staged it won't become something critical.

But hey...that's just me...

If they prepared then why were they out of food and water within days and screaming that they needed to be "rescued"?

After Charlie we didn't have power for 11 days. You couldn't get gas anywhere. Stores were cleaned out of things like water. Yet I was fine because I followed some common sense instructions and stocked up food, water and batteries...something that WAY too many people didn't do in New Orleans.

"They" WHO???
As already stated, I got out of Dodge with my dependents, carrying supplies we'd need for the interim, and when that interim proved far longer than expected, we adapted. My neighbors back in town who stayed were still there five weeks later and they too were getting along fine. Both they and I knew what was expected and were prepared for it. There was no "screaming".

Now who the fuck are you, sitting on your ass in East Jipip Nebraska with obviously no clue in the world how hurricanes work, to invent "screaming"?

What in the fuck is WRONG with you?

If I'm the Mayor of New Orleans, call me crazy but I'm going to play it safe and enforce a mandatory evacuation for those areas that are well below sea level and I'm also going to strongly suggest that anyone who can leave from the rest of the city do so as well so if the city does flood and emergency personnel can't get there from where they've been staged it won't become something critical.

But hey...that's just me...

What a coincidence. That's also what the city did.

What the fuck's your point?

So just for shits and giggles...let's examine what would have happened if Ray Nagin HAD implemented an earlier mandatory evacuation of low lying areas of New Orleans...and that he HAD used school buses to get people without transportation out of New Orleans.

On the one hand if Katrina doesn't hit New Orleans...what's the downside? A whole bunch of people took a long ride on a bus...got fed...were given a place to sleep and then got back on those same buses and took another long ride home? Gosh, how terrible!

Of course if Katrina DOES directly hit New Orleans...and hits at a category 5 level instead of a 3 you could have had far greater loss of life than what actually occurred but because you've been cautious and got people out of the city...there is massive damage but very little loss of life.

I'm going with option B every time...but that's just me...

Forum List

Back