US school apologizes for cutting feather from Lakota student’s graduation cap

What a pathetic gesture.

Its 2024 FFS.When will these petty racists just stick to cross burning ?
Did they think this young girl was going to scalp them ?
So is every student going to get to wear some ancient cultural outfit for graduation?

Do Scottish kids get to wear a kilt?

Do Japanese kids get to wear a samurai helmet?

Lakota tribe are notorious for playing the victim. You’ll notice they don’t want to give up their Ford pickup trucks and modern day house for an actual Lakota lifestyle.

So is every student going to get to wear some ancient cultural outfit for graduation?

Lakota tribe are notorious for playing the victim. You’ll notice they don’t want to give up their Ford pickup trucks and modern day house for an actual Lakota lifestyle.
Your list of examples illustrates the poverty of your cultural references,

What a pathetic gesture.

I knew this happened in a place run by white leftists before I even clicked on it.

You people are the worst racists on the planet.

They could have handled it better.
But they have guidelines and things. I hope the entitled student learned a lesson.

Your list of examples illustrates the poverty of your cultural references,
You dodged a legitimate question are we going to let everyone display heritage or only certain approved groups.

My Great, Great Grandfather who didn't own slaves fought in the American Civil War for the South. That is a part of my heritage, but if I walked around wearing a Confederate Battle flag fat ignorant bastards like you would lose their shit.

By the way Native American tribes in the Americas had slaves. In fact the last groups in the US to give up their African slaves where the so called 5 civilized Tribes.

Last edited:
From the link.

"The first lady of the Navajo Nation said in a statement: “I am deeply disappointed that this happened at a school where we have many Navajo and Native graduates. I hope the school learns from this experience and can take corrective measures.”

I hope the school 'learned' that it did the right thing.

That said the actual graduation ceremony should be held in the proper 'uniform' manner. However, afterward during the reception such regalia could be permitted (however beating drums and wailing would probably be too distracting).

Don’t forget the fire water. 😉

What a pathetic gesture.

What is the difference between native american traditions and MAGA traditions? Once you depart from religion, it is a slippery slope when it comes to sanctifying and vilifying "traditions"

What is the difference between native american traditions and MAGA traditions? Once you depart from religion, it is a slippery slope when it comes to sanctifying and vilifying "traditions"
I see where you are going with that. But Maga traditions are not worth anything. Old statues of slavers. Worthless.

I see where you are going with that. But Maga traditions are not worth anything. Old statues of slavers. Worthless.

When it comes to slavers are you taking about MAGA or the Lakota who use mourning war slaves to replenish its population?

Clean up your own countries history first shitbag. How many centuries of oppression did rule Britannia visit on the planet. You are the worst sort of hypocrite.

By the way your Country was also pretty chummy with the Confederates during the war.

What a pathetic gesture.

Why was she immune from the same rules everyone else has to follow?

District protocol states that the cap and gown must be worn, and their appearance may not be altered, which can be found in the 2023-2024 Student and Parent Handbook. Students were informed throughout the school year and immediately before graduation of the protocol, including that beaded caps were not allowed. This standard process helps us set student attire during graduations. However, students are welcome to wear clothes of their choice, including traditional attire, under the graduation cap and gown, and regalia, stoles, and feathers in their tassels.

Clean up your own countries history first shitbag. How many centuries of oppression did rule Britannia visit on the planet. You are the worst sort of hypocrite.

By the way your Country was also pretty chummy with the Confederates during the war.

Turdy is from Barcelona you know .

See Fawlty Towers and Turdy's faulty brain .

District protocol states that the cap and gown must be worn, and their appearance may not be altered, which can be found in the 2023-2024 Student and Parent Handbook. Students were informed throughout the school year and immediately before graduation of the protocol, including that beaded caps were not allowed. This standard process helps us set student attire during graduations. However, students are welcome to wear clothes of their choice, including traditional attire, under the graduation cap and gown, and regalia, stoles, and feathers in their tassels.
Your soft ass culture isn't immune to shame though. Hence the apology. :laugh:

Why do you have such cruel rules.?

Forum List

Back