Bronze and Silver Obamacare Program are GARBAGE - Liberals let’s not forget this.

Nothing in Obamacare addressed the reasons why health care is so expensive.

The lobby that restricts supply to profit at our expense that is.
Yes it did address some, but not enough. The Republican Swamp in Congress is the #1 cause of soaring healthcare cost, opoid crisis, expensive drugs & poor quality of care. Here is a list of the top 10 corrupt congress members who get paid to do this to citizens of the USA.
1 Ryan, Paul (R-WI) House $520,595
2 Walden, Greg (R-OR) House $460,200
3 Hatch, Orrin G (R-UT) Senate $332,599
4 Brady, Kevin (R-TX) House $259,250
5 Barrasso, John A (R-WY) Senate $232,850
6 McCarthy, Kevin (R-CA) House $229,000
7 Burr, Richard (R-NC) Senate $220,249
8 Blunt, Roy (R-MO) Senate $212,218
9 Portman, Rob (R-OH) Senate $211,200
10 Murray, Patty (D-WA) Senate $204,004

They keep voting to extend patents to raise prices on old medications.

Last edited:
The Dimcrats complain that people might lose their insurance. Over 90% elect the bronze or silver. These plans are pure garbage and actually the equivalent of no insurance.

For a single person:
Premiums: $300-700 for Bronze, $400-1000

Deductibles $6500 for bronze; $5000 for Silver (so before the insurer pays $1 you have to meet these entire deductibles!)

Co-pays: 60/40 bronze (so after you pay $6500 out of pocket you had to cover 40% of the cost) and 70/30 for Silver

Doctor visit: $40 gen, $60 spec, $200 IR. The Silver isn’t much better

Doctor availability: very small since many doctors opt out.

These programs are absolutely horrible. These are what 90% if Obaminationcare enrollee get into. It is a travesty and an injustice!

View attachment 167648

This sums up Obama’s Presidency, pure garbage. And this is what liberals want to save!

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
. A co-worker had gotten the AC-cough-A for his wife, and yep you are right that it was pure garbage. No one decent would take it, and his wife might as well have threw her & his money right out of the window. The same result would have happened (nothing).

He kept it two years, dropped it, and started paying the dam fine. She has been suffering with her back ever since. Him and her are paying out of pocket for her care now, but they are having to be very careful while doing so. So far they have paid for shots in her back, but that's not lasting long enough.

Trust me, this guy don't like Obama for the bullcrap he was either involved in or helped to orchastrate in the healthcare situation.
does your company not offer healthcare insurance as a benefit that he and his wife could buy in to?

It is hard to believe that after all this time they still believe that they can lie like that and be believed.

FOX News and Rushbo told them all what their experiences with the ACA would be and they DISHONESTLY repeated these falsehoods to their friends and family.....who collectively pressured their lawmakers to act.

It is all bullshit.

The Dimcrats complain that people might lose their insurance. Over 90% elect the bronze or silver. These plans are pure garbage and actually the equivalent of no insurance.

For a single person:

Deductibles $6500 for bronze; $5000 for Silver (so before the insurer pays $1 you have to meet these entire deductibles!)

Co-pays: 60/40 bronze (so after you pay $6500 out of pocket you had to cover 40% of the cost) and 70/30 for Silver

These programs are absolutely horrible. These are what 90% if Obaminationcare enrollee get into. It is a travesty and an injustice!

View attachment 167648

This sums up Obama’s Presidency, pure garbage. And this is what liberals want to save!

. A co-worker had gotten the AC-cough-A for his wife, and yep you are right that it was pure garbage. No one decent would take it, and his wife might as well have threw her & his money right out of the window. The same result would have happened (nothing).

He kept it two years, dropped it, and started paying the dam fine. She has been suffering with her back ever since. Him and her are paying out of pocket for her care now, but they are having to be very careful while doing so. So far they have paid for shots in her back, but that's not lasting long enough.

Trust me, this guy don't like Obama for the bullcrap he was either involved in or helped to orchastrate in the healthcare situation.
does your company not offer healthcare insurance as a benefit that he and his wife could buy in to?
. Yes, but it was way to expensive for him to add her on. Can't remember what the cost was, but it was way to HIGH. It's the reason he got her onto the ACA. It was something like $600.00 bucks a month I thought he told me for her, but when they tried to go to the facility of choice or recommendation it was not allowed with the policy or the facility wouldn't take it. They tried other places and the same results happened so he dropped the coverage. I think what he and her found, was that they still had to pay out of pocket big time regardless of the coverage, so they dropped it. He began paying the fine, and paid out of pocket for her treatment after that. Not good.

Last edited:

For a single person:

View attachment 167648

. Yes, but it was way to expensive for him to add her on. Can't remember what the cost was, but it was way to HIGH. It's the reason he got her onto the ACA. It was something like $600.00 bucks a month I thought he told me for her, but when they tried to go to the facility of choice or recommendation it was not allowed with the policy or the facility wouldn't take it. They tried other places and the same results happened so he dropped the coverage. I think what he and her found, was that they still had to pay out of pocket big time regardless of the coverage, so they dropped it. He began paying the fine, and paid out of pocket for her treatment after that. Not good.

Either "he and her" lied to you and you believed it or you are lying to us. Not good.

For a single person:

View attachment 167648

Either "he and her" lied to you and you believed it or you are lying to us. Not good.
. Simple - Prove us wrong then. I gave you the information... I'm waiting.

For a single person:

View attachment 167648

. Simple - Prove us wrong then. I'm waiting.

Provide the details. City. Job info. Income level. Provider name. Plan name.

If you can do that, I will prove your claims to be bullshit. If you can't, you are simply talking out of your ass.

For a single person:

View attachment 167648

The first and second year Obamacare was opened, I was a volunteer at the local Church/health center that was to help the people in the region sign up for it....

You can not sign up for the ACA if health insurance is available through your spouse's work, even if it is too expensive.

Matt and I go through the same thing, his Health Insurance is affordable because the company contributes to his insurance, BUT the Company DOES NOT contribute towards my cost of health care so when we get the policy with me added on there through his work, it was 3 to 4 times the amount for the policy....making insurance very very expensive....

BUT we have no choice but for the both of us, going through his work, because people who can get affordable insurance at work for themselves...their family can not go to the Exchange for theirs, even if the employee's health insurance policy through work is way too expensive when the family members are added to his policy....the mandate says the emplyer has to offer an affordable health insurance policy for the employee only, BUT DOES not have to contribute and make a family plan affordable.....

It's a tongue twister, but basically, your friend's wife was ineligible to get insurance on the Health care exchange.... so his "story" to you, is untrue.

Last edited:
Perhaps there was a way around the rule....say your coworker refused to buy a policy for himself through work, and was paying the penalty for not getting insurance each year, and his wife did not work and had no means to get healthcare at all because he refused to buy health insurance through his work for himself, his wife might have been able to get insurance on the exchange....because she had no outlet to buy health insurance.....?

this is a big IF, so I am not certain even under that scenario it's even possible, but it seems like it could be possible, if he is refusing to buy a policy through his work.....and is willing to go without any insurance at all, for himself and was paying the mandate penalty for not having insurance for himself....?

Last edited:
By law insurance companies have to pay out 80% on claims for individual plans or 85% on group plans, it was a lot less before obamacare.

Obamacare Bronze only pays 60% hello.

Before the ACA they didn't HAVE TO pay shit.

Go back to your Oreo's and milk :itsok:

What's that, dummy? Have a problem with someone who knows the subject? Too bad. Run.

You know jack shit lib clown, do you even know what an insurance policy is? Hint POLICY.

You do know you are one stupid fuck, don't you? Go get a life punk.

. Simple - Prove us wrong then. I'm waiting.

Provide the details. City. Job info. Income level. Provider name. Plan name.

If you can do that, I will prove your claims to be bullshit. If you can't, you are simply talking out of your ass.
. I provided the numbers, and that's all you need to prove me wrong. How simple can that be ?

Silver plans are fine. Better than what was available to middle class workers pre-ACA.
Define 'better'.

They cover you more fully with preventive care, no caps and no denials of service for comparable cost. That's better.

Lone all the metal level plans cover preventative care, not just the silver. Suppose to at zero cost to you, but I am seeing some places are getting away with charging facility fees for colonoscopies.

You lower co-pay and deductibles on silver are due to where you fall in the poverty level, 100 to 250% usually have one hell of a deal. But if you are above the 250% of FPL your deductibles are higher.

Silver plans are fine. Better than what was available to middle class workers pre-ACA.
Define 'better'.

They cover you more fully with preventive care, no caps and no denials of service for comparable cost. That's better.
Preventive care costs next to nothing and the premiums/deductibles are certainly higher in the Silver plan. Depending on what state you live in a LOT higher.

Depends on your % of poverty level. Deductibles are no higher on an unsubsidized silver plan than $7350, with most being a little lower.

Perhaps there was a way around the rule....say your coworker refused to buy a policy for himself through work, and was paying the penalty for not getting insurance each year, and his wife did not work and had no means to get healthcare at all because he refused to buy health insurance through his work for himself, his wife might have been able to get insurance on the exchange....because she had no outlet to buy health insurance.....?

this is a big IF, so I am not certain even under that scenario it's even possible, but it seems like it could be possible, if he is refusing to buy a policy through his work.....and is willing to go without any insurance at all, for himself and was paying the mandate penalty for not having insurance for himself....?
. He has coverage at work for himself, but adding her was to expensive. So he and her purchased an ACA policy for her that he paid for out of his own savings account. They have to pay a fine if she doesn't have Healthcare coverage of some kind. Ok, so after they tried to use the policy, they found it wasn't any good because it was very limited in the type of coverage allowed so they dropped it. They began paying the fines after that because she had no health insurance coverage. He has it through the job on himself, but can't afford the coverage if we're to add her to the plan at work.

Bullshit!

This is an actual Silver plan quote for a SINGLE INDIVIDUAL:
$5k deductible
$415 premium ($4,980 a yr)
70/30

View attachment 167675

Silver plans are garbage.

Note: Gold plans are the equivalent of a low level group plan.

That don't look right, estimated family deductible $5000? Estimated max out of pocket $10,000? What is the individual deductible? Max out of pocket cannot go over $7350 for an individual for 2018. I am not doubting what you posted but the insurance looks a little misleading.

Example:

$2500/$5000 that stands for individual deductible of $2500 and $5000 per family.

Now I know why some people think they had $10000 deductibles.

If you look at any one plan that is compliant with the law for 2018 the maximum any one individual should pay out of their pocket for all medical cost (not premium) should be $7350 across the U.S.

I'd like to see what plan participants paid total for a year vs what the insurance companies paid in claims that would be quite telling. My co-pay is 10% after a $1,300 deductible and they pay 100% after I have paid $2,500 out of pocket for the year.

By law insurance companies have to pay out 80% on claims for individual plans or 85% on group plans, it was a lot less before obamacare.

Obamacare Bronze only pays 60% hello.

Hello, the law said claims paid on a whole for individual plans had to be 80% and 85% on group. Research it. That is why some people get a small refund each year from the insurance company although I haven't heard of one in the past couple years so they're paying out what the are suppose to. 60/40 is an actuarial value. Research.

Smh, you are dead wrong

I am not dead wrong.

. He has coverage at work for himself, but adding her was to expensive. So he and her purchased an ACA policy for her that he paid for out of his own savings account. They have to pay a fine if she doesn't have Healthcare coverage of some kind. Ok, so after they tried to use the policy, they found it wasn't any good because it was very limited in the type of coverage allowed so they dropped it. They began paying the fines after that because she had no health insurance coverage. He has it through the job on himself, but can't afford the coverage if we're to add her to the plan at work.
The ACA Exchange, REJECTS anyone who can get on an insurance policy through their spouse's work... as far as getting subsidies is concerned.

EVEN IF IT IS TOO EXPENSIVE, for the spouse to be on the plan at the spouse's work.

His wife can purchase insurance on the exchange WITHOUT any subsidy help....and without any subsidy help, the insurance plan on the exchange would be even MORE EXPENSIVE than if he had added her to his work plan.

so, yes she can get a policy on the exchange WITHOUT any subsidy help....but that is just fruitless for them to do, because the exchange would be unaffordable for her, without the subsidies imo.

The ACA Exchange, REJECTS anyone who can get on an insurance policy through their spouse's work... as far as getting subsidies is concerned.

EVEN IF IT IS TOO EXPENSIVE, for the spouse to be on the plan at the spouse's work.

His wife can purchase insurance on the exchange WITHOUT any subsidy help....and without any subsidy help, the insurance plan on the exchange would be even MORE EXPENSIVE than if he had added her to his work plan.

so, yes she can get a policy on the exchange WITHOUT any subsidy help....but that is just fruitless for them to do, because the exchange would be unaffordable for her, without the subsidies imo.

We had a bulletin last month, the IRS is auditing and finally going to match up what an employer offers at work with what employees were offered and deemed affordable to employee and matching up with any family members receiving a subsidy and is suppose to go after the family members to recoup any subsidy money paid out in the past two years. We shall see if the IRS even has enough employees to do this

Bull.

anyone who is poor on the exchange, also get cost sharing reductions in addition to premium help, which makes their copays, deductibles and out of pocket expenses much less than the shown deductibles....

otherwise, you are right about the insurance plans and their very high deductibles and out of pocket expenses....However what you fail to mention is that individual plans were always expensive....

in 2006, here in Maine when we moved here, before Matthew found a job, we were paying around $700 a month for COBRA, so I priced with Anthem, Blue Cross Blue shield an individual policy for Matt and me and it was $2400 a month for our premium. I was absolutely shell shocked! That was in 2006!!!! We thought the $700 from COBRA was way too high, considering we had no income coming in at that time....boy oh boy were we wrong!!!

My State is like the worst State in the Nation when it comes to health insurance costs....and I have no idea why, other than many of us are rural or maybe no doctors want to live here, unless they are Nature lovers too??? It's just gosh awful here on healthcare costs....

Needless to say, Matt took any job he could at the time, just to get healthcare insurance coverage as a benefit....
Yeah and the people who are not "poor" get to pay more than ever

Forum List

Back