British Shows you're hooked on.....

Punch and Judy
Never heard of it. Thanks.

oh----you ain't no anglophile. Did you read "The Mayor of Casterbridge"???
how about the novel "FANNY HILL"?? Punch and Judy is a very traditional
puppet show-------street carnival type thing. Do you drink tea?
I do not claim to be an anglophile. I didn't read the Mayor of Casterbridge or Fanny Hill. I drink tea--PG Tips or Barry's. I know Punch and Judy were a carnival act I just never watched.

You don't claim to be Anglophile and you drink PG Tips....:smoke:
And Barry's Tea.

I've never heard of Barry's Tea. I like tea, Twinings, Darjeeling exquisite:

Darjeeling

Also I like Twinings Lady Grey, Twinings Assam and Twinings Traditional Afternoon Tea.

Punch and Judy

I do not claim to be an anglophile. I didn't read the Mayor of Casterbridge or Fanny Hill. I drink tea--PG Tips or Barry's. I know Punch and Judy were a carnival act I just never watched.

And Barry's Tea.

I've never seen this, it's Irish:

520103.gif

Punch and Judy

And Barry's Tea.

Are you going to try BBC iPlayer in two links I have given in this thread, so I know if they work for you?

The original Poldark. Brideshead Revisited.

I love "Brideshead Revisited" I love anything written by Evelyn Waugh. The TV series, I think was made in 1980s, they made a film a few years ago, but as the whole book was reduced into something like 1 hour 40 minutes, so much wasn't in the film thats in the book....yet the TV series had everything and as such is majestic and wonderful cast also.

i watched "Copper" when it was on.....right now "Ripper Street"......and the Doctor....
I just finished Ripper Street. I thought "Copper" was American.
it was on the BBC so i just assumed.....
You may be right. I haven't watched it but I will if you think it's good.
if you liked ripper i think you would like this.....early detective and forensic work in NYC....
Copper (a Titles & Air Dates Guide)
I loved Ripper and I read Brit and Scandi police procedurals alot.

I avoided Ripper Street, because I was afraid it might be too gory.

Downton Abbey
Luther
Hinterland
George Gently
Jack Taylor
Call The Midwife
Foyles War

How are you getting these programmes? Do you have something like a BBC Channel in America or are you watching on Netflix?

Do you get "Silent Witness"? We don't watch much BBC1 or BBC2, we do watch stuff on BBC4, depending, usually the historical and crime documentaries:

"Murder By Gaslight", notorious crime cases from 19th Century, and very good series on Abstract Art they had, and also good ones on Ancient Rome and Ancient Egypt.

They have BBC Collections here to watch on BBC iPlayer, not sure if you can use BBC iPlayer in America, but have a go if you're interested it might work:

This is the 6 episodes of "Murder By Gaslight":

BBC iPlayer - Murder By Gaslight

This is the full BBC Collections:

BBC iPlayer - BBC Four Collections

There is BBC America (not that good, but worth it for The Graham Norton Show) PBS also. But I was surprised to see Lark Rise to Candleford and The Midsomer Murders on a mainstream channel.

Brilliant drama coming out of BBC just lately. I watch it all via satellite. And also Filmon through the Internet. Through this last I was watching the British elections real time in Marrakech last year.

I just finished Ripper Street. I thought "Copper" was American.
if you liked ripper i think you would like this.....early detective and forensic work in NYC....

What made you think that?

lol.

What made you think that?

lol.

I don't know, the title Ripper Street, I think lots of blood and slashing.

Whitechapel. Another Ripper take but a pretty good one.

Birdsong. Very gory, very sad. Eddie Redmayne in a surprising role, I'd say.

Are Whitechapel and Ripper Street just about Jack The Ripper murders? You know near identical murders along with Jack The Ripper....they're known as The Whitechapel Murders, committed between 1888-1891 11 women murdered...but Scotland Yard always believed same man responsible, so Jack The Ripper could have murdered more than the 5 women:

Whitechapel murders - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The BBC is doing a remake of "Are You Being Served?" with the old lady with multicolor hair that always talked about her pussy, and you can sometimes catch "Keeping Up Appearances". late night on weekends. Hyacinth is a hoot.

Happy Valley is excellent Police procedural and great character studies.

Are Whitechapel and Ripper Street just about Jack The Ripper murders? You know near identical murders along with Jack The Ripper....they're known as The Whitechapel Murders, committed between 1888-1891 11 women murdered...but Scotland Yard always believed same man responsible, so Jack The Ripper could have murdered more than the 5 women:

Whitechapel is set in modern times. Ripper St. isn't really about Jack the Ripper.

read this Lucy......Ripper Street - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Forum List

Back