British Shows you're hooked on.....

Whitechapel. Another Ripper take but a pretty good one.

Birdsong. Very gory, very sad. Eddie Redmayne in a surprising role, I'd say.

Are Whitechapel and Ripper Street just about Jack The Ripper murders? You know near identical murders along with Jack The Ripper....they're known as The Whitechapel Murders, committed between 1888-1891 11 women murdered...but Scotland Yard always believed same man responsible, so Jack The Ripper could have murdered more than the 5 women:

Whitechapel murders - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Whitechapel is set in modern times. Ripper St. isn't really about Jack the Ripper.

Oh okay, so I'll take a look at it then.

Are Whitechapel and Ripper Street just about Jack The Ripper murders? You know near identical murders along with Jack The Ripper....they're known as The Whitechapel Murders, committed between 1888-1891 11 women murdered...but Scotland Yard always believed same man responsible, so Jack The Ripper could have murdered more than the 5 women:

read this Lucy......Ripper Street - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Okay thanks, that seems alright, meaning I won't need to hide under the bed!

Whitechapel is set in modern times. Ripper St. isn't really about Jack the Ripper.

Oh okay, so I'll take a look at it then.

Finding ripper shows without the blood and gore is quite a trick. good luck.

If anyone is in fact into the 'ripper' stuff you need to watch this documentary, about a totally different 'ripper',

the so-called Yorkshire Ripper.

Endeavour is great. The Last Kingdom is really good too. Poldark, Shetland, Peakey Blinders. My list would be too big lol. Started watching Julian Fellowes new show Doctor Thorne. Jury is still out on that one though.

If anyone is in fact into the 'ripper' stuff you need to watch this documentary, about a totally different 'ripper',

Is it gory or isn't gory?

It's a documentary that is very matter of fact. A very chilling true story about police screw ups.

I'll watch it then thanks. I've read about him, Peter Sutcliffe, I think from memory the police had chance to catch him nine times. WTF?!

Endeavour is great. The Last Kingdom is really good too. Poldark, Shetland, Peakey Blinders. My list would be too big lol. Started watching Julian Fellowes new show Doctor Thorne. Jury is still out on that one though.

Julian Fellowes is a good writer, he wrote "Downton Abbey", although I only watched sporadic episodes and not whole series.

It's a documentary that is very matter of fact. A very chilling true story about police screw ups.

I've watched half an hour, I'll watch the rest later. However, already staggering, also the women who survived the attacks, two shown so far, a miracle they survived. With DNA and modern forensics, I think they'd have caught Peter Sutcliffe much earlier.

I've watched half an hour, I'll watch the rest later. However, already staggering, also the women who survived the attacks, two shown so far, a miracle they survived. With DNA and modern forensics, I think they'd have caught Peter Sutcliffe much earlier.

A (very) fictionalized version was made 'Red Riding 1980', part of the Red Riding trilogy.

A (very) fictionalized version was made 'Red Riding 1980', part of the Red Riding trilogy.

I've not heard of the Red Riding trilogy before.

So I've now watched the whole documentary. I found it jaw-dropping about the shambles the police investigation was, the documentary fascinating but harrowing.

So I've now watched the whole documentary. I found it jaw-dropping about the shambles the police investigation was, the documentary fascinating but harrowing.

Harrowing is the precisely the word for it. With no sensationalism or overstatement.

The old George Smiley (Alec Guinness) spy mini-series are great, 'Smiley's People' and 'Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy'.

...if you like that sort of thing. Low keyed, cerebral, not a lot of shoot em up or car chases lol.

Forum List

Back