Breaking down the costs of Disneyland’s $1 billion Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge

Wyatt earp

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2012
This is the first I heard of it, they are opening two of them, one in California the other in Florida and I thought that stupid Noah ark was expensive at a 100 million dollars...

The Cost of Star Wars Galaxys Edge? | Disney | blooloop

The dollar amounts are eye-popping, even for a project as big as Disneyland’s Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.
  • $55.7 million for a Millennium Falcon flight simulator ride
  • $12.5 million for a Cantina restaurant and tavern serving alien cocktails
  • $350,000 for food freighter cargo spaceship sitting atop a quick-serve restaurant

It’s rare to see dollar amounts attached to new Disneyland additions – and the largest single expansion in the history of the Anaheim theme parkhas a lot of digits after that dollar sign.

Building permits submitted by Disney to the city of Anaheim tally up tens of millions of dollars spent on the new 14-acre themed land set to debut at Disneyland in summer 2019. The city documents also offer a sneak peek at what Disney has planned for the attractions, shops and restaurants in the smuggler’s port on the remote reaches of a galaxy far, far away.

The cost of Star Wars Galaxys Edge
Contractors set the valuation of the ongoing work at Disneyland’s Star Wars themed landat more than $185 million, according to Anaheim building permits. The entire Galaxy’s Edge project in Anaheim is estimated to cost in the region of $1 billion.

See also: Star Wars land: what to expect when Galaxy’s Edge opens at Disneyland and Disney World

While building permits issued incrementally throughout the course of construction can’t provide a complete picture of the massive project, they do offer an intriguing glimpse at the scope of the work going on inside the new Star Wars land. Cost estimates made by contractors typically don’t include late changes or furnishings.

Over a hundred bucks a head for admission.
3 hour wait times for rides.
5 dollar bottle of water.
15 dollar crappy burger.

I am confident I will never set foot in it.

15 dollar crappy burger.

I was just reading they will hand out passes for potty breaks... You will if you have kids or grand kids lol

This is the first I heard of it, they are opening two of them, one in California the other in Florida and I thought that stupid Noah ark was expensive at a 100 million dollars...

The Cost of Star Wars Galaxys Edge? | Disney | blooloop

The dollar amounts are eye-popping, even for a project as big as Disneyland’s Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.
  • $55.7 million for a Millennium Falcon flight simulator ride
  • $12.5 million for a Cantina restaurant and tavern serving alien cocktails
  • $350,000 for food freighter cargo spaceship sitting atop a quick-serve restaurant

It’s rare to see dollar amounts attached to new Disneyland additions – and the largest single expansion in the history of the Anaheim theme parkhas a lot of digits after that dollar sign.

Building permits submitted by Disney to the city of Anaheim tally up tens of millions of dollars spent on the new 14-acre themed land set to debut at Disneyland in summer 2019. The city documents also offer a sneak peek at what Disney has planned for the attractions, shops and restaurants in the smuggler’s port on the remote reaches of a galaxy far, far away.

The cost of Star Wars Galaxys Edge
Contractors set the valuation of the ongoing work at Disneyland’s Star Wars themed landat more than $185 million, according to Anaheim building permits. The entire Galaxy’s Edge project in Anaheim is estimated to cost in the region of $1 billion.

See also: Star Wars land: what to expect when Galaxy’s Edge opens at Disneyland and Disney World

While building permits issued incrementally throughout the course of construction can’t provide a complete picture of the massive project, they do offer an intriguing glimpse at the scope of the work going on inside the new Star Wars land. Cost estimates made by contractors typically don’t include late changes or furnishings.

This matters to you exactly why? Is it your money, is it taxpayers money?

It seems to me that this is good for the companies and for communities.

15 dollar crappy burger.

My guess is that you're not among their target market.

I have been to Disney World a number of times and stayed at a number of their hotels on the premises for conventions and meetings many times. Yes, pricey but the and the grounds are immaculate, great food, and spectacular nighttime entertainment.

You must be a delightful curmudgeon to be and live with.

15 dollar crappy burger.

I have been to Disney World a number of times and stayed at a number of their hotels on the premises for conventions and meetings many times. Yes, pricey but the and the grounds are immaculate, great food, and spectacular nighttime entertainment.

Much rather be fishing.
I spend my time in rural America.
The plastic overpriced environment of an area loaded with tourists simply isn't my thing.

15 dollar crappy burger.

Much rather be fishing.
The plastic overpriced environment of an area loaded with tourists simply isn't my thing.

GREAT! Whatever floats your boat! Pun intended!

So why is it your business to ridicule a person or family who enjoys a weekend or vacation at Disney World or Universal Studios here in Florida? Would you deny your kids and family such a vacation if that's what they wanted? Assuming you could fit it into your budget? Of course you would.

Last edited:
If they can afford to build it I say go for it. It probably costs only a little more than the crappy movies they have been making.

15 dollar crappy burger.

Much rather be fishing.

So why is it your business to ridicule a person or family who enjoys a weekend or vacation at Disney World or Universal Studios here in Florida? Would you deny your kids and family such a vacation if that's what they wanted? Assuming you could fit it into your budget? Of course you would.
Wow.
Lighten up Francis.
A little mockery never hurts anyone.:poke:
I have been to plenty of amusement parks.

Last edited:
15 dollar crappy burger.

Much rather be fishing.

Wow.
Lighten up Francis.
A little mockery never hurts anyone.:poke:
I have been to plenty of amusement parks.

Sarcasm does not translate well to the written page. Hemmingway was a master but I've not seen any Hemmingway's on this message board! ;)

Forum List

Back