Brainwashing Kids About Guns: the Sequel

Wehrwolfen

May 22, 2012
By Mark Tapson
March 8, 2013

Barely a month ago I wrote about a spate of recent incidents in which schoolchildren as young as five were seriously punished for committing no reasonable offense whatsoever other than triggering the anti-gun hysteria of politically correct, progressive school officials. Those incidents were just the beginning.

In arguably the most ludicrous and outrageous example yet, a seven-year-old with ADHD has been suspended from his Brooklyn Park school for two days because he accidentally shaped a breakfast pastry to resemble – according to his teacher – a gun. Apparently he was trying to shape a mountain out of it, but it turned out to be the school authorities who made a mountain out of a molehill. Playing with his food actually drove Joshua’s teacher to tears (“She was pretty mad,” he said), and she took away the pastry and tossed it in the trash. The father confirmed with the school that no students had been upset or hurt or scared, but the principal determined that “a threat had been made.”

Ponder that for a moment.

Joshua’s elementary school later sent students home with a letter citing the Code of Student Conduct to parents and guardians which declared that “one of our students used food to make inappropriate gestures that disrupted the class. While no physical threats were made and no one [was] harmed, the student had to be removed from the classroom.” This is curious reasoning, considering that it was the hysterical teacher who disrupted the class, and since the incident had no adverse effect on any of the students, there was no reason to remove Joshua from the class, much less suspend his education for two days.

Joshua’s father said, “I would almost call it insanity. I mean with all the potential issues that could be dealt with at school, real threats, bullies, whatever the real issue is, it’s a pastry, ya know?” Apparently Joshua’s dad needs to be sent to reeducation camp until he fully grasps the seriousness of pastry-shaped threats to the security of the State.

Astoundingly, the letter went on to offer reassurances to anyone who might have been traumatized:

If your children express that they are troubled by today’s incident, please talk with them and help them share their feelings. Our school counselor is available to meet with any students who have the need to do so next week. In general, please remind them of the importance of making good choices.

The “good choice” that schools now want your children to make is to banish from view anything that might remotely resemble a gun, because the progressive goal is to brainwash impressionable young generations into considering guns themselves verboten, rather than understanding their centrality to American freedom and making rational distinctions about how they are used.

How pathetic are American adults becoming, that we actually now need school counselors to deal with students “troubled” by gun-shaped pastry? The truth of the matter is that children are not troubled by such incidents at all; it’s progressive adults who, in the wake of the Sandy Hook shooting and the subsequent opportunism of the Obama administration, have whipped themselves into an irrational state of pacifist horror unmatched in the history of humankind. How America’s enemies must be exulting over the extent to which the most powerful nation on earth has been emasculated by cultural Marxism’s political correctness.

[Excerpt]

Read more:

Whatever happened to teaching children what's right instead of simply punishing them for what's wrong?

By Mark Tapson
March 8, 2013

Barely a month ago I wrote about a spate of recent incidents in which schoolchildren as young as five were seriously punished for committing no reasonable offense whatsoever other than triggering the anti-gun hysteria of politically correct, progressive school officials. Those incidents were just the beginning.

In arguably the most ludicrous and outrageous example yet, a seven-year-old with ADHD has been suspended from his Brooklyn Park school for two days because he accidentally shaped a breakfast pastry to resemble – according to his teacher – a gun. Apparently he was trying to shape a mountain out of it, but it turned out to be the school authorities who made a mountain out of a molehill. Playing with his food actually drove Joshua’s teacher to tears (“She was pretty mad,” he said), and she took away the pastry and tossed it in the trash. The father confirmed with the school that no students had been upset or hurt or scared, but the principal determined that “a threat had been made.”

Joshua’s elementary school later sent students home with a letter citing the Code of Student Conduct to parents and guardians which declared that “one of our students used food to make inappropriate gestures that disrupted the class. While no physical threats were made and no one [was] harmed, the student had to be removed from the classroom.” This is curious reasoning, considering that it was the hysterical teacher who disrupted the class, and since the incident had no adverse effect on any of the students, there was no reason to remove Joshua from the class, much less suspend his education for two days.

Joshua’s father said, “I would almost call it insanity. I mean with all the potential issues that could be dealt with at school, real threats, bullies, whatever the real issue is, it’s a pastry, ya know?” Apparently Joshua’s dad needs to be sent to reeducation camp until he fully grasps the seriousness of pastry-shaped threats to the security of the State.

Astoundingly, the letter went on to offer reassurances to anyone who might have been traumatized:

If your children express that they are troubled by today’s incident, please talk with them and help them share their feelings. Our school counselor is available to meet with any students who have the need to do so next week. In general, please remind them of the importance of making good choices.

The “good choice” that schools now want your children to make is to banish from view anything that might remotely resemble a gun, because the progressive goal is to brainwash impressionable young generations into considering guns themselves verboten, rather than understanding their centrality to American freedom and making rational distinctions about how they are used.

How pathetic are American adults becoming, that we actually now need school counselors to deal with students “troubled” by gun-shaped pastry? The truth of the matter is that children are not troubled by such incidents at all; it’s progressive adults who, in the wake of the Sandy Hook shooting and the subsequent opportunism of the Obama administration, have whipped themselves into an irrational state of pacifist horror unmatched in the history of humankind. How America’s enemies must be exulting over the extent to which the most powerful nation on earth has been emasculated by cultural Marxism’s political correctness.

[Excerpt]

Read more:

There was yet anther story of a similar situation in a public school recently where a parent brought cupcakes to their son's classroom to celebrate his birthday. On top of the cupcakes were those little green "army men" that every kid in this country has played with at one time or another. Hell, they are even featured in the movies, "Toy Story I, II, III and the soon to be released "Toy Story IV".

The school called the parents and had the cupcakes removed because they (1) depicted guns and (2) represented violence.

Public Schools in the United States have become bastions of liberalism and communism. I used to have the greatest respect in the world for any young adult who would become a school teacher. No more. 95% of the public school "teachers" in this country are worthless. I know that this view is unpopular, but so be it.

I recently attended a reunion of Vietnam vets and while talking to the guys, came upon this consensus of guys MY age - This country is raising a generation of pussies. This nonsense of "everyone is a winner" crap is nothing more than communism at it's core.

A couple of days ago, my Grand Daughter came to visit and was telling my Wife and I that her "teacher" told the class that it was "right" for the Japanese to attack us at Pearl Harbor because of our "imperialist" policies at the time and that we would soon "reap the whirlwind" that would be the end of the "empire" of the US.

When I left her school the next day, the "teacher" a 23 year old clown, was suspended for a week and will NOT return to that classroom. In my opinion, she should have been terminated immediately, but we all know THAT ain't happening.

By Mark Tapson
March 8, 2013

[Excerpt]

Read more:

And it's funny how the Left calls us Righties the "fearmongers".

I am pretty sure that at least one of my body parts is shaped like a small Mag 44. do I have to report ?

Yes. It is your duty as a Citizen of the People's Republic to report to the nearest Homeland Security-approved Reeducation Camp at once for "debriefing".

Whatever happened to the liberals saying you need to express yourself? I mean you use pee and a religion symbol and it's art, but draw a gun and get suspeneded. We really need to get rid of this thinking, and let our kids just be kids.

next thing, the libs will be invading Toys R Us!! and reporting to Homeland Security all toys that resemble various types of weapons,,,Including squirt guns and water bazoookas !!!

next thing, the libs will be invading Toys R Us!! and reporting to Homeland Security all toys that resemble various types of weapons,,,Including squirt guns and water bazoookas !!!

Next, government will put pressure on toy manufacturers to stop making these weapons of mass destruction. They will be taken out of the toy realm and over time, a citizen using a gun will be as odd as a citizen smoking a ciggie indoors.

Inch by inch.

well the 4th of july is coming, then what will happen at the thousands of fireworks booths? then in the fall the left will be attacking all of those temporary lease spaces for Halloween accessories. God No! we can not allow anyone to dress as Obama, Moochelle, the Devil or Chewbacca !!!

In a country that has a RIGHT to bear arms, we should be teaching gun safety and responsibility of ownership within our schools, much as we do with drivers education. Children who are exposed to responsible gun ownership at an early age have more of a sense of personal responsibility in other aspects of life as well. It is a shame that most learn about weapons from the sick first person shooter video games that is spewed out to our youth.
To demonize a gun or a symbol of a gun will solve nothing. That teacher was a complete moron.

The left is only causing us to eventually split the country in half, Fine, let them have the north and be poor for the rest of their lives, and by 2025, they will still be blaming Bush for living towns that wound up like Detroit.

In a country that has a RIGHT to bear arms, we should be teaching gun safety and responsibility of ownership within our schools, much as we do with drivers education. Children who are exposed to responsible gun ownership at an early age have more of a sense of personal responsibility in other aspects of life as well. It is a shame that most learn about weapons from the sick first person shooter video games that is spewed out to our youth.
To demonize a gun or a symbol of a gun will solve nothing. That teacher was a complete moron.

cloud shaped like a gun forms over school

all students suspended for five days

-a tweet

--LOL

does this mean that all Dads can't go out hunting with their son's to teach them how to shoot? (like the man/son thing, maybe they will also ban the traditional "Father Throwing Baseballs To Their Sons" backyard thing. Oh No! Baseballs can KILL !!!!

Forum List

Back