Boy... the Pope makes Trump look like a piker when it comes to exaggerations!

I consider myself 80% conservative and 20% libertarian. I love the libertarian view of small government, but hate their stance on military and recreational narcotics.

In any case, this is the one statement I can agree with the Pope on. Mind you I don't like the guy, but this time he's saying something that makes sense.

So if there is no hell but NOTHING for those that don't repent... WHY REPENT???

Do you understand the issue here?
The POPE said there is NO place where someone goes if they don't repent. OK... POPE... so why REPENT??? If there is NOTHING then the person going to NOTHING knows
NOTHING! Do you understand? That's what Pascal's wager stated in the 1600s!
YOU have two choices. Believe there is life after death or Not believe.
If you believe there is nothing and you are right you won't know!
BUT as Pascal points out... IF YOU believe there is nothing and you respond in life with no thought or belief there is anything and come to find out when you die THERE IS something...
well whether it is heaven or hell you were wrong.
So for my part I'd rather believe there IS something after death and I'll have some connscienousness then maybe I have done more good than bad and that will stand in good stead!
AND if I"M WRONG there is nothing? What will I KNOW????

'd rather believe there IS something after death and I'll have some connscienousness then maybe I have done more good than bad and that will stand in good stead!
AND if I"M WRONG there is nothing? What will I KNOW????
Still looking for a cookie to go along with you milk.

It is very enlightening to see how in the face of either something or nothing people like you have to insult people like me for no reason.

The comments ARE NOT LATIN!
skit i din hatt Swedish

kwenda shit katika kofia yako is Swahili

adhhab alqarf fi qabeatik is Arabic!

and you have... Latine tuus habet aliquid difficultates

Sometimes I think everyone in the English speaking world is an idiot. This is one of this moments. I guess everyone in the world knows what means "vade retro, satana". If you like to have a translation: "Go back, challenger". The reason why I said so was: No one is able to say who will go to hell. Only god decides this.

Give me please a translation of your textes - except a translation of the very idiotic text with Latin words.

Well your supposedly "Latin" expertise seems "deest" translate that if you can!

Hint... you know the Internet right? Have you ever used it to help you translate?
Hey for an exercise... translate the above statements I made in Swedish, Swahili and Arabic... be fun for you to learn something really helpful!

Vade retro satana ("Go back, Satan" or "Step back, Satan") is a Medieval Catholic formula for exorcism, recorded in a 1415 manuscript found in the BenedictineMetten Abbey in Bavaria;[1][2] its origin is traditionally associated with the Benedictines.

Vade retro satana - Wikipedia

Then you have Google Translation..
View attachment 185663

I know why I said "vade retro, satana" ("Go back, challenger"). I am a Catholic. So what is now with the translation of your words, googler? Unimportant? The Norwegian text means something like dirt in a hat or so ... The others?

But vade retro, satana does not translate "Go back, challenger"!

Why is it so complicated to be correct by simply using the Internet?

That was NOT Norwegian text...skit i din hatt it is Swedish....
Two distinct languages.

View attachment 185691

When will you stop this idiocies? I know what "vade retro, satana" means and I know the reason why I used this expression. You seem to be confused that I used the english word "challenger" as a translation of "satana", that's all. Use "Satan", if you think this is a better translation.

And "skit" is a word of the Norwegian language. And you said what you said - if you like that I understand what you said, then give me please a translation - if not, then let it be.

My whole point of correcting you was the simplicity of using the Internet to accurately use words...be they English, Norwegian, Latin,etc. and you were trying to impress people
with your "LATIN" (I had 2 years of Latin in High school by the way and know it is the basis for the "romance" languages...) but not competent enough to WITHOUT checking
first the exact translation which is so easy to do.

Use the tools you have and not be the tool you are intending to be.

Jesus died for our sins, so hell is useless anyways.

But here's a thought, maybe the Pope should cut back on the wine a tad.

Sometimes I think everyone in the English speaking world is an idiot. This is one of this moments. I guess everyone in the world knows what means "vade retro, satana". If you like to have a translation: "Go back, challenger". The reason why I said so was: No one is able to say who will go to hell. Only god decides this.

Give me please a translation of your textes - except a translation of the very idiotic text with Latin words.

Hint... you know the Internet right? Have you ever used it to help you translate?
Hey for an exercise... translate the above statements I made in Swedish, Swahili and Arabic... be fun for you to learn something really helpful!

Vade retro satana ("Go back, Satan" or "Step back, Satan") is a Medieval Catholic formula for exorcism, recorded in a 1415 manuscript found in the BenedictineMetten Abbey in Bavaria;[1][2] its origin is traditionally associated with the Benedictines.

View attachment 185663

I know why I said "vade retro, satana" ("Go back, challenger"). I am a Catholic. So what is now with the translation of your words, googler? Unimportant? The Norwegian text means something like dirt in a hat or so ... The others?

Two distinct languages.

View attachment 185691

When will you stop this idiocies? I know what "vade retro, satana" means and I know the reason why I used this expression. You seem to be confused that I used the english word "challenger" as a translation of "satana", that's all. Use "Satan", if you think this is a better translation.

And "skit" is a word of the Norwegian language. And you said what you said - if you like that I understand what you said, then give me please a translation - if not, then let it be.

My whole point of correcting you was the simplicity of using the Internet to accurately use words...be they English, Norwegian, Latin,etc. and you were trying to impress people
with your "LATIN" (I had 2 years of Latin in High school by the way and know it is the basis for the "romance" languages...) but not competent enough to WITHOUT checking

I do not use translation programs. And now let it be to continue with this nonsense.

Last edited:

View attachment 185663

Two distinct languages.

View attachment 185691

How old are you?

Why? Are there different size ovens depending on age?

Sheol/ Hades, the Lake of Fire are all different things in the Bible that we only use one word for in our interpretation to English...which is Hell....

they are not the same....

Last edited:

Two distinct languages.

View attachment 185691

How old are you?

Why? Are there different size ovens depending on age?

Now my patience is over. Bye bye.

View attachment 185663

Two distinct languages.

View attachment 185691

I do not use translation programs. And now let it be to continue with this nonsense.

Ah... the sign of a confident but incompetent person. Too bad you can't use the Internet more adroitly. I understand though... " Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall. Proverbs 16:18

Two distinct languages.

View attachment 185691

Ah... the sign of a confident but incompetent person. Too bad you can't use the Internet more adroitly. I understand though... " Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall. Proverbs 16:18

That's a good description for the people in the English speaking world. In your special case I would say in my own language "Dummheit und Stolz wachsen auf einem Holz".

Nevertheless it's Easter. So: Happy Easter. He's risen.

Two distinct languages.

View attachment 185691

That's a good description for the people in the English speaking world. In your special case I would say in my own language "Dummheit und Stolz wachsen auf einem Holz".

Or as you said in German but in Latin... "arbor crescit in superbia stultitia".
It was especially appropriate phrase for any person in any language that is too proud to accept help in any form as you indicated when you wrote:
"Non utuntur translatione programs"!

We both agree! Hien ass gestuerwen

What? Never heard this. Anyway not the Latin grammar. I said: "Stupidity and pride grow on the same tree".

It was especially appropriate phrase for any person in any language that is too proud to accept help in any form as you indicated when you wrote:

I don't have any idea why you continue with your idiocies. I guess Stephen Hawking will be totally irritated meanwhile what some people are speaking in his name. Only because you don't have any answer on this what I had called "3 absurdities" you should not waste the time of all people who try to read here something.

Oh by the way:

I wish everyone Happy Easter!

Last edited:

What? Never heard this. Anyway not the Latin grammar. I said: "Stupidity and pride grow on the same tree".

I don't have any idea why you continue with your idiocies. I guess Stephen Hawking will be totally irritated meanwhile what some people are speaking in his name. Only because you don't have any answer on this what I had called "3 absurdities" you should not waste the time of all people who try to read here something.

Oh by the way:

Actually I was trying to help someone who has the stupidity to use a Latin phrase inappropriately and evidently still doesn't know how to use the Internet function that provides
translations for 54 languages including but not limited to English, Korean, Japanese, Spanish, Italian and Swedish.
How many languages does Google Translate support

Sad someone has to be so antiquated that they refuse the assistance of a marvelous tool that should reduce boundaries of communication.

Oh by the way:

Actually I was trying to help someone who has the stupidity to use a Latin phrase inappropriately and evidently still doesn't know how to use the Internet function that provides
translations for 54 languages including but not limited to English, Korean, Japanese, Spanish, Italian and Swedish.

Sad someone has to be so antiquated that they refuse the assistance of a marvelous tool that should reduce boundaries of communication.

Stupid machines are not able to translate. I would say AÍ is in general an illusion. And you sent me textes, I guess stupid textes, in languages, which I do not know. It's by the way absurde to send an Arabic text in Latin letters. I do not have any idea what kind of phonems you used with this Latin letters. Whatever. You know what's written in: Tell me what's written in or not - your choice. But let be this endless and senseless pseudo-discussion.

Last edited:

Oh by the way:

Stupid machines are not able to translate. I would say AÍ is in general an illusion. And you sent me textes, I guess stupid textes, in languages, which I do not know. It's by the way absurde to send an Arabic text in Latin letters. I do not have any idea what kind of phonems you used with this Latin letters. Whatever. You know what's written in: Tell me what's written in or not - your choice. But let be this endless and senseless pseudo-discussion.

I never sent any "textes" ! I sent you text that the simple use of Google Translate will provide you help for most of your translation efforts.
I agree there are definitely nuances that the Google Translate can't handle. But for most of my very simple basic need to understand when some pompous person
tries to use a foreign language to impress... that's when I use Google Translate. Again... my opinion is that boards like these tend to create some exaggerations and some
people believe the comments that are suspicious especially without sourcing.
That's why any comments I for the most part make are sourced and in your case, trying to impress us with your Latin and finding out it was an incorrect BUT subjective
translation I simply wanted to express my doubt...which I was correct.

So in conclusion writing in the language you evidently DO understand...Zaangalewa, Christus wurde heute Hallueluia auferstanden

Oh by the way:

I never sent any "textes" ! I sent you text that the simple use of Google Translate will provide you help for most of your translation efforts.
I agree there are definitely nuances that the Google Translate can't handle. But for most of my very simple basic need to understand when some pompous person
tries to use a foreign language to impress... that's when I use Google Translate. Again... my opinion is that boards like these tend to create some exaggerations and some
people believe the comments that are suspicious especially without sourcing.
That's why any comments I for the most part make are sourced and in your case, trying to impress us with your Latin and finding out it was an incorrect BUT subjective
translation I simply wanted to express my doubt...which I was correct.

So in conclusion writing in the language you evidently DO understand...Zaangalewa, Christus wurde heute Hallueluia auferstanden

You forgot to say "April, April" in the end of this strange 'German' sentence.

The Pope always looks drunk. He needs to go into treatment and be re-Popefied.

This is a denial of the 2,000-year-old teaching of the Catholic Church about the reality of Hell and the eternal existence of the soul.

Pope Francis says,
"They are not punished, those who repent obtain the forgiveness of God and enter the rank of souls who contemplate him, but those who do not repent and cannot therefore be forgiven disappear. There is no hell, there is the disappearance of sinful souls."

Pope Francis: 'There Is No Hell'

WOW... think if Trump made such a radical statement about oh say the Constitution isn't relevant today!

Now as far as the Pope's truly ignorant statement I can say one thing...he never heard of the Pascal Wager!
Pascal's Wager - Wikipedia

For if he did, he would understand what the consequences were of his statement.

One question for the "Pope".

If as he said :"those who do not repent and cannot therefore be forgiven disappear." ...what difference does it make?
I mean you've lived a life of debauchery. Did all sorts of evil things in this life and do not repent.
So your soul "disappears"! So what? You will never know! You've disappeared! No memories, no repenting. Nothing!

But once again here we have the liberal socialist mind set of the Pope at play NEVER thinking through exactly what the consequences are and will the MSM make a big to do about this?
Of course not!

But let Trump make a faux pas like this...never hear the end of it! "Russia,Russia,Russia"!!!!!

In the context of his discussion, repent means to change your mind. It comes from the Greek word "metanoia."

Metanoia means to change your mind. Our thoughts, the flow of consciousness which determines our behaviors, can change. Metanoia has to do with moral activity, but goes beyond that. Jesus was teaching that we could change our mind about how we treat people. We don’t have to be unforgiving and cynical. We can change our mind about being negative. We can think positive thoughts and walk in faith instead of doubt. We can change our minds about sin. Rather than being caught in the strongholds of consistent habits of lust or selfishness, for example, we can experience freedom and selflessness. Jesus would not have told us to change unless it was possible and attainable. The Bible is full of words that speak about change. Repentance, metamorphosis, transformation, conversion, resurrection, rebirth, renewal, regeneration, healing and transfiguration.

Homilies of Father Paul Yi: Fr. Cedric Pisegna Mission 2nd Night: Sept. 28, 2015

This is a denial of the 2,000-year-old teaching of the Catholic Church about the reality of Hell and the eternal existence of the soul.

Pope Francis says,
"They are not punished, those who repent obtain the forgiveness of God and enter the rank of souls who contemplate him, but those who do not repent and cannot therefore be forgiven disappear. There is no hell, there is the disappearance of sinful souls."

Pope Francis: 'There Is No Hell'

WOW... think if Trump made such a radical statement about oh say the Constitution isn't relevant today!

Now as far as the Pope's truly ignorant statement I can say one thing...he never heard of the Pascal Wager!
Pascal's Wager - Wikipedia

For if he did, he would understand what the consequences were of his statement.

One question for the "Pope".

If as he said :"those who do not repent and cannot therefore be forgiven disappear." ...what difference does it make?
I mean you've lived a life of debauchery. Did all sorts of evil things in this life and do not repent.
So your soul "disappears"! So what? You will never know! You've disappeared! No memories, no repenting. Nothing!

But once again here we have the liberal socialist mind set of the Pope at play NEVER thinking through exactly what the consequences are and will the MSM make a big to do about this?
Of course not!

But let Trump make a faux pas like this...never hear the end of it! "Russia,Russia,Russia"!!!!!

I don't believe that Catholic thought teaches that our soul disappears. I believe it teaches that we exist in eternity either apart from God or with God. Either way we still retain consciousness.

Forum List

Back