Time traveling Jesus 2018.................

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
Newberry, SC
Good Friday - the day that Jesus was crucified.

Passover - the yearly festival in Jerusalem, which is why Jesus showed up there. He was there to celebrate Passover.

Easter Sunday - the day that Jesus is said to have been resurrected.

You gotta admit folks, Jesus would have to be a time traveler to complete the Easter story this year.

First, there is Good Friday (today), which is supposed to be the day of the crucifixion. Then tomorrow (Saturday) is Passover, the festival Jesus was attending in Jerusalem. And finally, on Sunday, Jesus is supposed to rise from the grave.

So, this year, Jesus gets crucified, then goes and celebrates Passover (still nailed to the cross I guess), and then rises from the dead on Sunday.

I think the timeline is a bit twisted this year.

I never think about him at all ... except when I'm bowling.

The-Big-Lebowski-Jesus-e1471464017917.jpg

That creep can roll, man.

THE TIMELINE used to create his image is even worse, talk about skewed.
Fact: the Historical christ figure who was (through rare event) sentenced on a holiday (Passover) existed in 100BC in the Jannaeus Alexander era which is why the NT mentions the Jannaeus coin (Widows mite).
BUT the NT mentions their Jesus existed in the era of King Herod, the Census, and Lysanias.
Lysanias died in 35bc, Herod 4 BC and Census was 7BC, so moving back his birth year to 6BC to try and fit the fallacious Herod story still falls way short. They were hoping *nobody would notice* or research lesser known figures in the stories, like Lysanias, leaving the initiates none the wiser.
[Nothing get's past me]*
THE GALILEAN CHRIST Yehuda was a tax revolter who lived in the Lysanias /Herod era & who died in 6bc along with his 2 sons, but not on Passover, &never making into the Pilate era.
THE only A.D. era christ figure was Theudas by the Jordan who's martyrs died with his revolt.
So we have axtrinity of christs in 3 eras making up the Jesus mythology. Talk about skewed timelines, the figures changed names for a reason, as combined figures and their apostles need a new name otherwise you figure out the cross over combined image mixing difderent christs who's apostles belonged to soecific different cgaracters and you become stuck to one historical story of that one figure and their failures exposed in their historical reality with no whitewashing or wiggle room for Eusebius to recreate the accounts and persona thus new image.
New images=need new names.

Last edited:
Well, yesterday Jesus was crucified (Good Friday), and today He's supposed to have a Passover meal.

He's gonna need the energy, because tomorrow, He's gotta rise from the dead.

Well, yesterday Jesus was crucified (Good Friday)

Which begs the question... What was so good about it?

You know, I asked that question once when I was in Catholic school, and they were talking about Good Friday. I asked why it was called "good", and they told me that it was because of the supreme sacrifice Jesus did on that day being crucified that made it "good".

Yeah, I never got it either.

Me? I prefer the way they depicted Christ in the movie "Dogma". You know, Buddy Christ. Never saw the appeal of worshiping in front of a statue that was being tortured. I much rather prefer the images showing Jesus teaching or healing others.

Well, yesterday Jesus was crucified (Good Friday)

Which begs the question... What was so good about it?

You know, I asked that question once when I was in Catholic school, and they were talking about Good Friday. I asked why it was called "good", and they told me that it was because of the supreme sacrifice Jesus did on that day being crucified that made it "good".

Yeah, I never got it either.

Me? I prefer the way they depicted Christ in the movie "Dogma". You know, Buddy Christ. Never saw the appeal of worshiping in front of a statue that was being tortured. I much rather prefer the images showing Jesus teaching or healing others.

Buddy Christ rocks, almost bought one for my dashboard...

Forum List

Back