Both Sides Say Ireland Has Voted to Legalize Gay Marriage

Hetros haven't "gotten" it yet. Once they do..... Katie bar the door Son

Yep, everyone's assumed this would simply legalize gay marriage, nobodies put 2+2 together that it legalized same sex, not same sexuality.

When they do, plus get those Obamacare bills.

BANK

Try changing your avi to Chicken Little.

At then that would then be a true reflection of who you are.

Funny, I fight for true equality and this?

How's it feel to be a bigot DT?

Assumes facts not in evidence.

How do you know?

Do you know all the same sex couples that have/will marry are gay?

Bold indeed
My God, do you obsess on which hetero married couples are having sex or not?

Don't care

The cool thing is though, that marriage doesn't require sex, so it is you that is obsessed isn't it?

Oh, the straight same sex couple would simply date members of the opposite sex.

There is no law saying they could not, right?

They don't have to live together. No law says they must, Right?

They don't have to love each other, no law saying they must (oh, if there is, please link to the goverment approved love test)

The $50 license is simply a financial tool like a 401k

Now quit being a bigot and stop obsessing on heterosexual sex

It's kind of creepy.

What I'm saying is that you're an idiot. Everything you listed above, happens in straight marriage.

Mmm, no, no it doesn't.

Straight marriage, doesn't have high rates of spousal abuse.

Two parent families don't have high rates of bad outcomes for children.

BUT, single parent families that do, are the growing form of family.

An pattern that is occurring, as you pointed out, as homosexual marriage is gaining in acceptance.

You might be on to something here.

What do you think the underlying issue is?

Do you know couples who have gotten divorced because gay marriage became legal in their state?

And for that reason alone, mind you. Tell us about those couples you know.

I don't know any couples who ever divorced cuz some dude across the state put mustard on pancakes either.

Is there a point,

Yes, there's a point. Correl is claiming man/woman marriage will be harmed by legal same sex marriage.

Of course he asked a question, and your answer?

A QUESTION.

Care to try again?
Yeah, but I'm not talking about straight marriage.

Are you implying some type of underlying trend?

What I'm saying is that you're an idiot. Everything you listed above, happens in straight marriage.

Mmm, no, no it doesn't.

An pattern that is occurring, as you pointed out, as homosexual marriage is gaining in acceptance.

Do you know couples who have gotten divorced because gay marriage became legal in their state?

I don't know any couples who ever divorced cuz some dude across the state put mustard on pancakes either.

Is there a point,

Yes, there's a point. If you can't demonstrate sufficient harm from legalizing same sex marriage than you have no good reason to keep it illegal.

That's how equal rights are supposed to work.

It was pretty simple for the Irish people 'Love thy Neighbour'

Some might ridicule such a simple message but to a lot of people who believe in christianity this was very important as this was the single most important thing Jesus said...

Some people are using the pulpit as a reason to object to Gay Marriage when Jesus's message was quite the opposite.

Today is a day when it is proud to be Irish... A country which has been so linked with Catholic culture has shown that not only did we listen to the Christian message but also acted on it...

It was pretty simple for the Irish people 'Love thy Neighbour'

Some might ridicule such a simple message but to a lot of people who believe in christianity this was very important as this was the single most important thing Jesus said...

Some people are using the pulpit as a reason to object to Gay Marriage when Jesus's message was quite the opposite.

Today is a day when it is proud to be Irish... A country which has been so linked with Catholic culture has shown that not only did we listen to the Christian message but also acted on it...
It was reported on TV that folks walked out of services when the priest called for a NO vote.

Colin Farrell Praises Voters In Ireland For Saying Yes To Marriage Equality Read What The Actor Said Of The Historic Vote Here PerezHilton.com

Colin Farrell is proud to be Irish on this historic day!

What do you think?

Months after writing an emotional letter in support of marriage equality, the True Detective star is praising his homeland for legalizing same-sex marriage by a popular vote!

What do you think?

Early news outlet reports show that most of Ireland's three million voters said "yes" to marriage equality! The 38-year-old had this to say about the vote:

What do you think?

"Today Ireland has opened up her heart in a way that the whole world will feel. How we have changed our fortune in 24 hours, how we have lit the way, how we have guaranteed a brighter and more loving future for all who call this beautiful land home. Bravo citizens of Ireland."

Canada has had gay marriage for more than 10 years. It's been a boon for the wedding business, but has otherwise had no impact on straight Canadians.

It doesn't, wouldn't and won't have any impact on straights anywhere.

Well, except for the meddling Big Government Peeping Toms who think they should be able to pass more laws and more invasive laws.

Last edited:
Counting started at 9 and conceded by 10 - 10:15... It doesn't look like the No won a single county.
This baby was over weeks ago...
The No side resorted to some funny statements, but every major party and organisation bar the Catholic Church said vote Yes. The Catholic Church just abstained..
Then when the question is returned to the states this June, gays should be able to marry in all 50 state very quickly. You know, because all the polls are sying it's so popular these days..

The article didn't say, but did Ireland also legalize polygamy? I mean, the signs I saw in the political campaign there said "marriage equality". Do they understand what equality means?

Some of the older countries that legalized gay marriage in other European countries are really struggling by setting the unwieldy precedent of "anything goes" marriage...now trannies, polygamists and incest couples are having their day in court and the panels are having a heck of a time trying to find the way to say "no" to them under "equality"...Oh well...live and learn I guess...

Counting started at 9 and conceded by 10 - 10:15... It doesn't look like the No won a single county.
The No side resorted to some funny statements, but every major party and organisation bar the Catholic Church said vote Yes. The Catholic Church just abstained..
Then when the question is returned to the states this June, gays should be able to marry in all 50 state very quickly. You know, because all the polls are sying it's so popular these days..

The article didn't say, but did Ireland also legalize polygamy? I mean, the signs I saw in the political campaign there said "marriage equality". Do they understand what equality means?

Some of the older countries that legalized gay marriage in other European countries are really struggling by setting the unwieldy precedent of "anything goes" marriage...now trannies, polygamists and incest couples are having their day in court and the panels are having a heck of a time trying to find the way to say "no" to them under "equality"...Oh well...live and learn I guess...

Nope. The vote had nothing to do with polygamy nor incest.

Same sex marriage has been legal for 10 years now. Polygamy and incest still aren't. Your 'cause' (gay marriage) doesn't have anything to do with your imaginary effect (incest).

Odd though, that opponents of same sex marriage have now utterly abandoned any discussion of same sex marriage.

Mmm, no, no it doesn't.

Is there a point,

Yes, there's a point. Correl is claiming man/woman marriage will be harmed by legal same sex marriage.

A QUESTION.

Care to try again?
Are you implying some type of underlying trend?

Mmm, no, no it doesn't.

Is there a point,

Yes, there's a point. If you can't demonstrate sufficient harm from legalizing same sex marriage than you have no good reason to keep it illegal.

Same with same sex gay sibling marriage?

Same with same sex straight marriage?

Is there a point,

A QUESTION.

Care to try again?

Mmm, no, no it doesn't.

Is there a point,

Same with same sex gay sibling marriage?

Same with same sex straight marriage?

And what harm do allege with same sex marriage? Nothing. When asked, you start babbling about incest.

As I said, the former opponents of same sex marriage have surrendered the field of debate on same sex marriage. Good.

Acceptance of perversion certainly hasn't been good for those scandanavian countries that normalized homosexuality. That's been known since 2004.

The End of Marriage in Scandinavia The Weekly Standard

Those Scandinavian countries? LOL.

Did gay marriage destroy marriage in Scandinavia

Despite what Kurtz might say, the apocalypse has not yet arrived. In fact, the numbers show that heterosexual marriage looks pretty healthy in Scandinavia, where same-sex couples have had rights the longest. In Denmark, for example, the marriage rate had been declining for a half-century but turned around in the early 1980s. After the 1989 passage of the registered-partner law, the marriage rate continued to climb; Danish heterosexual marriage rates are now the highest they've been since the early 1970's. And the most recent marriage rates in Sweden, Norway, and Iceland are all higher than the rates for the years before the partner laws were passed. Furthermore, in the 1990s, divorce rates in Scandinavia remained basically unchanged.

Of course, the good news about marriage rates is bad news for Kurtz's sky-is-falling argument. So, Kurtz instead focuses on the increasing tendency in Europe for couples to have children out of wedlock. Gay marriage, he argues, is a wedge that is prying marriage and parenthood apart.

The main evidence Kurtz points to is the increase in cohabitation rates among unmarried heterosexual couples and the increase in births to unmarried mothers. Roughly half of all children in Norway, Sweden, and Denmark are now born to unmarried parents. In Denmark, the number of cohabiting couples with children rose by 25 percent in the 1990s. From these statistics Kurtz concludes that " … married parenthood has become a minority phenomenon," and—surprise—he blames gay marriage.

But Kurtz's interpretation of the statistics is incorrect. Parenthood within marriage is still the norm—most cohabitating couples marry after they start having children. In Sweden, for instance, 70 percent of cohabiters wed after their first child is born. Indeed, in Scandinavia the majority of families with children are headed by married parents. In Denmark and Norway, roughly four out of five couples with children were married in 2003. In the Netherlands, a bit south of Scandinavia, 90 percent of heterosexual couples with kids are married.

Kurtz is also mistaken in maintaining that gay unions are to blame for changes in heterosexual marriage patterns. In truth, the shift occurred in the opposite direction: Changes in heterosexual marriage made the recognition of gay couples more likely. In my own recent study conducted in the Netherlands, I found that the nine countries with partnership laws had higher rates of unmarried cohabitation than other European and North American countries before passage of the partner-registration laws. In other words, high cohabitation rates came first, gay partnership laws followed.

If the people of Ireland voted to make gay marriage legal good for them I have said more than a few times put the issue of gay marriage on the national ballot here and let the people decide. If the nation votes yes I will accept the decision and live my life the question is if the vote was no would the gay marriage supporters do the same?

We don't have national ballots here.

Haven't you noticed?

Ireland is only going down the same road of degredation and depravity as so many other countries are. This one included.

Don't want to be a bigot.

Too late, that ship sailed a long time ago.

And now the full quote.

"
Not gay marriage, but same sex marriage, YES

Don't want to be a bigot.

Anyone who can't accept that is a bigot

Sorry DT, you are today's bigot I guess

Your lack of any sense of humor is duly noted!

Humor? When talking equality? Inclusiveness?

You can't make this shit up folks

everyone is already EQUAL in this country
MARRIAGE isn't a RIGHT. We should bend over for .5% of the population in this country? that MOB RULE

Wow- more delusional than usual Steph.

Marriage is a right.

Mob rule doesn't mean what you think it does.

What a shitty fucking mess. I hope they all get aids!

What a particularly foul thing to wish on anyone.

Why in particular do you want little Irish girls and boys to get AIDs Matthew?

Please be specific.

And get some help- please before you hurt someone.

The article didn't say, but did Ireland also legalize polygamy? ..

No Silhouette- the Irish are able to understand the difference between same gender marriage and polygamy.

Imagine- a whole country who all know more than you.

Forum List

Back