Both Sides Say Ireland Has Voted to Legalize Gay Marriage

What's not to work out?

Low rates of marriage, high rates of divorce, high rates of spouse abuse, bad outcomes for children, off the top of my head.

Yeah, but I'm not talking about straight marriage.

Are you implying some type of underlying trend?

What I'm saying is that you're an idiot. Everything you listed above, happens in straight marriage.

Mmm, no, no it doesn't.

Straight marriage, doesn't have high rates of spousal abuse.

Two parent families don't have high rates of bad outcomes for children.

BUT, single parent families that do, are the growing form of family.

An pattern that is occurring, as you pointed out, as homosexual marriage is gaining in acceptance.

You might be on to something here.

What do you think the underlying issue is?

Do you know couples who have gotten divorced because gay marriage became legal in their state?

And for that reason alone, mind you. Tell us about those couples you know.

Low rates of marriage, high rates of divorce, high rates of spouse abuse, bad outcomes for children, off the top of my head.

What I'm saying is that you're an idiot. Everything you listed above, happens in straight marriage.

Mmm, no, no it doesn't.

An pattern that is occurring, as you pointed out, as homosexual marriage is gaining in acceptance.

Do you know couples who have gotten divorced because gay marriage became legal in their state?

Mmm a straw man fallacy.

ANd you build on it to craft what I think is an argument from fallacy fallacy.

Another lefty that knows he/she needs to be dishonest to support his/her position.

Why do you have a position that you know you cannot honestly defend?

Doesn't that set off any red flags with you?

Mmm, no, no it doesn't.

Mmm a straw man fallacy.

Another lefty that knows he/she needs to be dishonest to support his/her position.

So you admit that same sex marriage does not adversely affect man/woman marriage.

That was the point I was proving.

Mmm, no, no it doesn't.

Mmm a straw man fallacy.

So you admit that same sex marriage does not adversely affect man/woman marriage.

And more dishonesty...

Good, good, keep it coming.

Mmm, no, no it doesn't.

Mmm a straw man fallacy.

And more dishonesty...

Good, good, keep it coming.

So tell us how gay marriage is adversely affecting the divorce rate of heterosexual couples.

If the people of Ireland voted to make gay marriage legal good for them I have said more than a few times put the issue of gay marriage on the national ballot here and let the people decide. If the nation votes yes I will accept the decision and live my life the question is if the vote was no would the gay marriage supporters do the same?

Now we'll see the resident USMB RWers who complain about 'unelected judges' imposing same sex marriage equality and who rant about the 'will of the people'

now suddenly go back to reminding us how referendum, aka direct democracy,

is 'mob rule'.
This isn't Ireland you dumb fuck. Yes, states have had judicial rulings against the will of the people, regardless of what happens overseas.

So you would support gay marriage in this country decided by a referendum, if that were an option?

Not gay marriage, but same sex marriage, YES

Don't want to be a bigot.

Mmm, no, no it doesn't.

I don't know any couples who ever divorced cuz some dude across the state put mustard on pancakes either.

Is there a point,

Congrats to Ireland. The first country to legalise gay marriage by popular vote.

Now lets see if Ireland spontaneously combust.

Nice to see the Catholic Church saying they have lost touch with the people. This has been happening for a while and it is about time.

The votes results
A total of 1,201,607 people (62.1%) voted Yes and 734,300 (37.9%) voted No.

The surprise was that while a lot of young voters registered for the first time. There was no notable divide between urban(more Liberal) or rural(More Conservative) OR between old and young.

I think the big think in Ireland while the No side tried a lot of scaremongering which was mainly shown to be inaccurate. The more religious saw this issue as a 'Love thy Neighbour..'

upload_2015-5-23_20-0-8.png

That's quite clear

It was Irish expats that turned the vote. Irish that left the country and don't have to live with the results.

Now the pedophile priests can take little boys as mates! In all seriousness Ireland was lost long ago when scum ike Sinn Fein would rather have non whites than White British moving to Ireland. The country has been partially run by marxist inspired scum for way to long and now when you can't walk through Dublin without it resembling an African country the country was already lost..coffin.nailed.shut.

Now we'll see the resident USMB RWers who complain about 'unelected judges' imposing same sex marriage equality and who rant about the 'will of the people'

now suddenly go back to reminding us how referendum, aka direct democracy,

is 'mob rule'.
This isn't Ireland you dumb fuck. Yes, states have had judicial rulings against the will of the people, regardless of what happens overseas.

So you would support gay marriage in this country decided by a referendum, if that were an option?

Not gay marriage, but same sex marriage, YES

Don't want to be a bigot.

lol that's an easy answer when you know we don't have national referendums.

Mmm, no, no it doesn't.

I don't know any couples who ever divorced cuz some dude across the state put mustard on pancakes either.

Is there a point,

Yes, there's a point. Correl is claiming man/woman marriage will be harmed by legal same sex marriage.

Mmm, no, no it doesn't.

Is there a point,

Yes, there's a point. Correl is claiming man/woman marriage will be harmed by legal same sex marriage.

Of course he asked a question, and your answer?

A QUESTION.

Care to try again?

Forum List

Back