Both Sides Say Ireland Has Voted to Legalize Gay Marriage

Congrats to Ireland. The first country to legalise gay marriage by popular vote.

Now lets see if Ireland spontaneously combust.

Nice to see the Catholic Church saying they have lost touch with the people. This has been happening for a while and it is about time.

The votes results
A total of 1,201,607 people (62.1%) voted Yes and 734,300 (37.9%) voted No.

The surprise was that while a lot of young voters registered for the first time. There was no notable divide between urban(more Liberal) or rural(More Conservative) OR between old and young.

I think the big think in Ireland while the No side tried a lot of scaremongering which was mainly shown to be inaccurate. The more religious saw this issue as a 'Love thy Neighbour..'
The Irish don't realize that they will be compelled to love their neighbors in every sense of the word.

Next up polygamy, bestiality, some other perversion is waiting in the wings to fight for their rights too.

It doesn't matter.

It's their country.

They can do what they want.

Up to and including accelerating the rot and drift towards degeneracy, by legitimizing the sexual deviancy and filthy perversion known as homosexuality.

If they want to "out" their fudge-packers and carpet-munchers, it's their choice.

Congrats to Ireland. The first country to legalise gay marriage by popular vote.

Nice to see the Catholic Church saying they have lost touch with the people. This has been happening for a while and it is about time.

The votes results

The surprise was that while a lot of young voters registered for the first time. There was no notable divide between urban(more Liberal) or rural(More Conservative) OR between old and young.

I think the big think in Ireland while the No side tried a lot of scaremongering which was mainly shown to be inaccurate. The more religious saw this issue as a 'Love thy Neighbour..'
The Irish don't realize that they will be compelled to love their neighbors in every sense of the word.

Next up polygamy, bestiality, some other perversion is waiting in the wings to fight for their rights too.
Compelled to engage in gay sex? You're silly as well as gullible.

The votes results

Your paranoia borders on the absurd!

:lmao:

The votes results

The Irish are going to be compelled to "love" (I assume you mean have sex with) their neighbors? That's a theory, moonbat as shit, but a theory.

coo coo

Congrats when do you all leave?

or you still plan on shoving it on the rest of here?

Don't want to be a bigot.

Too late, that ship sailed a long time ago.

And now the full quote.

"
Not gay marriage, but same sex marriage, YES

Anyone who can't accept that is a bigot

Sorry DT, you are today's bigot I guess

Your lack of any sense of humor is duly noted!

Humor? When talking equality? Inclusiveness?

You can't make this shit up folks

And now the full quote.

"

everyone is already EQUAL in this country
MARRIAGE isn't a RIGHT. We should bend over for .5% of the population in this country? that MOB RULE

And now the full quote.

"

everyone is already EQUAL in this country
MARRIAGE isn't a RIGHT. We should bend over for .5% of the population in this country? that MOB RULE

Not for long.

They think this just legalized gay marriage.

I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.

This will legalize same sex marriage regardless of sexuality.

Imagine your an employer that thinks they'll have to deal with only a small increase in spousal benefits (5%), then same sex STRAIGHT singles figure out by "coupling up", buy a $50 license they too can get the gold. BINGO!

And the best part for straight same sex marriage, just keep dating the opposite sex until you find a mate.

Equality will be a bitch for employers.

Assumes facts not in evidence.

Vermont and Disney have been providing benefits to same sex partners since 1995.

In 2013 more than half of all employers provided domestic partner health benefits.

Walmart rolled out benefits to same-sex partners in 2014 and they are the largest private sector employer in the nation.

Vermont and Disney have been providing benefits to same sex partners since 1995.

In 2013 more than half of all employers provided domestic partner health benefits.

Walmart rolled out benefits to same-sex partners in 2014 and they are the largest private sector employer in the nation.

Hetros haven't "gotten" it yet. Once they do..... Katie bar the door Son

Yep, everyone's assumed this would simply legalize gay marriage, nobodies put 2+2 together that it legalized same sex, not same sexuality.

When they do, plus get those Obamacare bills.

BANK

Yep, everyone's assumed this would simply legalize gay marriage, nobodies put 2+2 together that it legalized same sex, not same sexuality.

BANK

Try changing your avi to Chicken Little.

At then that would then be a true reflection of who you are.

It seems 62% voted 'yes'.
I've never understood the necessity of calling it 'marriage'. Equal protection is only logical and just, but insisting on changing the accepted definition of a word for such a tiny minority never made sense.
If that's how it is, though, so be it. It isn't important, doesn't affect many people, and certainly isn't my fight. Equality for people, yes; fight for my sisters, yes; special effort for the small homosexual minority; I leave that for others.

BANK

Funny, I fight for true equality and this?

How's it feel to be a bigot DT?

BANK

BANK

How do you know?

Do you know all the same sex couples that have/will marry are gay?

Bold indeed

BANK

How do you know?

Do you know all the same sex couples that have/will marry are gay?

Bold indeed
My God, do you obsess on which hetero married couples are having sex or not?

Forum List

Back