Boom!!!! Scott Brown Pulls Ahead

How many of those on here pulling for Brown actually live in that state?
And how many are just being partisan?

Blanche Lincoln better be circulating her resume. If the Dems are struggling this badly in Mass, no chance they'll win in Arkansas.

Don't need a GOP majority to get the benefits of divided government we had in the 90s, just 42-43 seats.

I'll vote for Obama again in 2012 because the GOP was a train wreck when it had the Pres + Congress. But divided gov't is a powerless gov't, which allows the private sector to take over, as it did in the 90s. But it will be stressful for Barry. I predict that by 2016 his hair will be so white, he'll look like the grandpa from the Cosby show.

And- absolutely no chance of Bennett winning again in Colorado. He might as well not even run, people are so pissed off out here, it's hard to keep the anger down. I can't wait to kick him out on his butt and into an unemployment line.:evil:

And check out this poll indicating an overwhelming majority want Brown sworn in no later than January 20th if he wins. 83% say no partisan delays.

If Scott Brown wins and there is any hint of delay, the Democrats can kiss it all goodbye in Massachusetts.
______

Herald Pulse
If Scott Brown pulls an upset in the U.S. Senate race, how should his swearing-in proceed?

14% - Wait 10 days for the votes to be certified

37% - Bypass it all and swear him in right away

3% - Wait for certification until Feb. 20, to be safe

46% - Get it done by the Jan. 20 U.S. Senate session

Total Votes: 33,544

Poll shocker: Scott Brown surges ahead in Senate race - BostonHerald.com

Oh YEAH bypass it ALL and swear him in. What a bunch of ignorant assholes. Yeah I'm sure if he LOSSES by a narrow margine they will be SCREAMING for all sorts of delays just like Coleman vs Franken.

WTF? The US Senate seat is one that affects the entire United States. Who really cares who lives in Ma.? We are all affected by the outcome.

Weak. Every single seat in congress effects all states. But only those in MA can vote for this guy.
The partisanship in this thread is glaring.

And check out this poll indicating an overwhelming majority want Brown sworn in no later than January 20th if he wins. 83% say no partisan delays.

If Scott Brown wins and there is any hint of delay, the Democrats can kiss it all goodbye in Massachusetts.
______

Herald Pulse
If Scott Brown pulls an upset in the U.S. Senate race, how should his swearing-in proceed?

Oh YEAH bypass it ALL and swear him in. What a bunch of ignorant assholes. Yeah I'm sure if he LOSSES by a narrow margine they will be SCREAMING for all sorts of delays just like Coleman vs Franken.

Actually, Coleman won on the first count. Then the shenanigans started.

anyone in the U.S. can contribute to his campaign, and right now he's absolutely destroying Coakley in individual contributions

I've seen more enthusiasm among DMV workers about their daily jobs than I see know from Dems for Coakley

WTF? The US Senate seat is one that affects the entire United States. Who really cares who lives in Ma.? We are all affected by the outcome.

Weak. Every single seat in congress effects all states. But only those in MA can vote for this guy.
The partisanship in this thread is glaring.

Weak? What's your point? This particuliar seat has an effect on all of us. Yes, there is partisan, as well as there should be. Hell go to a ball game...there's partisan...what's your point?

______

Herald Pulse

KInda funny how most of the recounted votes went to Franken. will always wonder about that.

I hope Mass. Voters are smarter than to elect another "Republican for Rape"!!..

Young Lefty, obviously you are not reading the news again. Brown introduced an ammendment that should you have RELIGIOUS convictions against abortion, and you are a health care worker, that you would not be required to give someone a pill to abort after a rape. He never, not once, never stated that he was against giving someone an abortion or a morning after pill for abortion in the case of rape or incest. This applied to HEALTH CARE WORKERS that have RELIGIOUS convictions AGAINST ABORTION. That means that you go and find another health care worker who would dispense the pill that had NO RELIGIOUS CONVICTIONS AGAINST IT. THAT'S IT!!!!

Start reading the entire article, that's the way you will learn something.:cuckoo::cuckoo:

No one should be forced to go against their RELIGIOUS CONVICTIONS, that's also why the AMISH and other RELIGOUS GROUPS were not drafted during World War 11, and World War 1, The Viet Nam war and the Korean War, they have RELIGOUS CONVICTIONS that apply directly to them and they are not forced by our Government to turn away from their beliefs.

I live in LA and I would LOVE to see the supermajority upset.. we see what it has brought us. Oh, and BTW, I doubt you don't want to see him win for nonpartisan reasons. Nice try though.

Coming from the fools who beat up on Bush for eight years for everyhing and nothing simultaneously.... their cries for a nonpartison climate are hillarious. What buffoonery.

I hope Mass. Voters are smarter than to elect another "Republican for Rape"!!..

Young Lefty, obviously you are not reading the news again. Brown introduced an ammendment that should you have RELIGIOUS convictions against abortion, and you are a health care worker, that you would not be required to give someone a pill to abort after a rape. He never, not once, never stated that he was against giving someone an abortion or a morning after pill for abortion in the case of rape or incest. This applied to HEALTH CARE WORKERS that have RELIGIOUS convictions AGAINST ABORTION. That means that you go and find another health care worker who would dispense the pill that had NO RELIGIOUS CONVICTIONS AGAINST IT. THAT'S IT!!!!

Start reading the entire article, that's the way you will learn something.:cuckoo::cuckoo:

No one should be forced to go against their RELIGIOUS CONVICTIONS, that's also why the AMISH and other RELIGOUS GROUPS were not drafted during World War 11, and World War 1, The Viet Nam war and the Korean War, they have RELIGOUS CONVICTIONS that apply directly to them and they are not forced by our Government to turn away from their beliefs.

it's okay to have religious convictions as long as you don't work in the ER

Martha Coakley: Devout Catholics 'Probably shouldn't work in the emergency room' - Water Cooler - Washington Times

I think the polls speak for themselves, they are not polling people in other states, only Massachusetts. This news about Labor Unions is going to be the headlines this weekend and I don't think Massachusett's voters are going to like it too well.

Special Deal for Labor Unions in Health Care Bill - Megan McArdle

This may backfire. If you think that the Nebraska deal was unpopular, just wait until the administration announces higher taxes on everyone but its friends in the labor movement. We may see if the popularity of the health care bill still has room to fall.

Last edited:

KInda funny how most of the recounted votes went to Franken. will always wonder about that.

Like I said....shenanigans

anyone in the U.S. can contribute to his campaign, and right now he's absolutely destroying Coakley in individual contributions

I've seen more enthusiasm among DMV workers about their daily jobs than I see know from Dems for Coakley

Why I am against out of state donations for anything except presidential elections.

that is the first step in reducing the 2 party system that stifles us.

Forum List

Back