Boom!!!! Scott Brown Pulls Ahead

Coaley just recieved the endorsement of the Boston Globe and has a 20point lead! Next thing you know Republicans will say Boxer is in a race by winning by over 2/1.

I submit it does not matter if Brown wins or not, because he already has. The reason why, is because his campaign has gotten the Democrats in congress to realize that perhaps they are not safe after all. By making competetive a seat that has been in Kennedy hands for the last 40 plus years even more if you go back to JFK, he has forced the Democrats to realize that perhaps even in deep blue states people are not happy with the current way things are being done. If Scott Browns campaign says anything it says to those Senators in states that are not so deep blue that they are in for battle to keep their jobs. Just take a look at the recent bounce in numbers in Harry Reids home state. even the 3rd candidate on the Republican ticket is beatng Harry Reid now. So as unlikely as a win here is, Scott Brown has had one small victory already, not to mention the fact Coakley was not exactly the smartest candidate the Democrats ever ran for the job.

boston globe said:
A vote for Brown is hardly a symbolic protest against congressional gridlock and the ways of Washington. It's a vote for gridlock, in the form of endless Republican filibusters, and for the status quo in health care, climate change, and financial regulation. That's what will happen if Brown gives the Republicans the additional vote they need to tie up the Senate.

Those are the real stakes in this campaign. It's easy to find a provision in any major bill that gives one pause, and to brandish it as a reason to scuttle the whole thing. Blocking bills is easy; finding a politically acceptable response to complicated problems is hard.

Voters who want to cast a critical eye on Washington without destroying the Democratic coalition should go for Coakley. Her quiet diligence in pursuing some of the most thankless, but deeply important, tasks in prosecuting child abusers, scouring the fine print of Big Dig contracts to bring back hundreds of millions of dollars, and securing $60 million from Goldman Sachs for its subprime mortgage abuses, contrasts sharply with Brown's five-year record of voting no in a state Senate run by the opposite party

The whole point in voting for brown is to stop stupid in its tracks. The Boston Globe thinks evades the issues in this election in the manner of someone tap dancing in a minefield.

People are getting tired of the Democrats self serving sanctimony and disastrous policies. I don't believe Scot Brown at this juncture can do anything more than slow down the slide, but given this congress, even that counts as progress.

Coaley just recieved the endorsement of the Boston Globe

wow, how unexpected, Creigh Deeds had the Washington Post's endorsement and lost by 19 points

Creigh Deeds sucked as a candidate and so does Coakley. Deeds alienated blacks and young voters, pissed off the middle, and ran a negative campaign that was poorly organized and it didn't work out well. Now Coakley's going negative, which is about the dumbest thing I've ever seen.

People want honest politicians. Deeds was a loser, and I'm a democrat, that lives a little ways across the bridge in MD right now and was watching the raise excited that the Republican won that race. If Brown wins this race it'll be the same case.

I like the guy... he's seems to be an honest pragmatist. He's another good Republican politician I can support. If he wins, God bless em.

And check out this poll indicating an overwhelming majority want Brown sworn in no later than January 20th if he wins. 83% say no partisan delays.

If Scott Brown wins and there is any hint of delay, the Democrats can kiss it all goodbye in Massachusetts.
______

Herald Pulse
If Scott Brown pulls an upset in the U.S. Senate race, how should his swearing-in proceed?

14% - Wait 10 days for the votes to be certified

37% - Bypass it all and swear him in right away

3% - Wait for certification until Feb. 20, to be safe

46% - Get it done by the Jan. 20 U.S. Senate session

Total Votes: 33,544

Poll shocker: Scott Brown surges ahead in Senate race - BostonHerald.com

That's Wonderful. I'm HAPPY for him. IF he wins? The Deomcrats in the leadership will do everything in their power to DELAY the certification until HEALTHCARE gets passed.

It's Just whom these people ARE.

And check out this poll indicating an overwhelming majority want Brown sworn in no later than January 20th if he wins. 83% say no partisan delays.

If Scott Brown wins and there is any hint of delay, the Democrats can kiss it all goodbye in Massachusetts.
______

Herald Pulse
If Scott Brown pulls an upset in the U.S. Senate race, how should his swearing-in proceed?

That's Wonderful. I'm HAPPY for him. IF he wins? The Deomcrats in the leadership will do everything in their power to DELAY the certification until HEALTHCARE gets passed.

And Republicans never do that *cough* Franken.

______

Herald Pulse

Oh!!! Can't wait for the spin on this one!!

Oh!!! Can't wait for the spin on this one!!

Ya, spin indeed, Franken stole that election and it was in the courts because of it. You turds haven't a leg to stand on if Brown wins and is delayed.

Holy smokes folks - this story is proving to be THE political story since the 2008 election. WOW.

Poll shocker: Scott Brown surges ahead in Senate

Riding a wave of opposition to Democratic health-care reform, GOP upstart Scott Brown is leading in the U.S. Senate race, raising the odds of a historic upset that would reverberate all the way to the White House, a new poll shows.

Although Brown’s 4-point lead over Democrat Martha Coakley is within the Suffolk University/7News survey’s margin of error, the underdog’s position at the top of the results stunned even pollster David Paleologos

“It’s a Brown-out,” said Paleologos, director of Suffolk’s Political Research Center. “It’s a massive change in the political landscape

...“Either Brown’s momentum accelerates and his lead widens, or this becomes a wake-up call for Coakley to become the ‘Comeback Kid’ this weekend,” Paleologos said.

And with 99 percent having made up their minds, voters may be hard to persuade.

The poll surveyed a carefully partitioned electorate meant to match voter turnout: 39 percent Democrat, 15 percent Republican and 45 percent unenrolled.

Brown wins among men and is remarkably competitive among women - trailing Coakley’s 50 percent with 45 percent.

While Brown has 91 percent of registered Republicans locked up, an astonishing 17 percent of Democrats report they’re jumping ship for Brown as well - likely a product of Coakley’s laser-focus on hard-core Dems, potentially at the exclusion of other Democrats whom she needed to win over, Paleologos said.

Full article here:

scottbrowncongress.jpg

Hmmmm....must be a bump from throwing the Tea Party movement under the bus?

I predict the following:
Stories will appear this weekend linking Brown in any way possible to George W Bush. There will be unsubstantiated stories based on anonymous sources that Brown cheated on taxes/cheated on his wife/had male prostitutes (oops, in MA that would be a positive) whatever.

I predict Brown will win for the same Obama won: his supporters are more energized than his opponent's supporters. The press will spin this as confirmation that Coakley was just a bad candidate. The Dums will continue to challenge the vote in court, demand recounts, and do everything they can do delay his swearing in. The Dums just haven't gotten the message yet and won't until Nov.

______

Herald Pulse

A15, As you live in the area and know better for the most part than the talking heads, it's my impression that at least on the Street level Brown seems to have connected with the people and from what I understand the healthcare issue and Coakley sort of being perhaps an inept campaigner as well as a perception that shes a bit of s snob is helping Brown or am I off in that?

On a side note, while it's great to see people so energized over this, and would be very happy to see a Brown win, it's a little premature to be talking about things such as seating him. Is that all talk A15 for the most part from outside Mass.? I really am from watching the local news there on the net that the people in Mass are pretty settled on this thing. One of the things, that comes to mind would be, how about actually letting the man win the election first.

A15, As you live in the area and know better for the most part than the talking heads, it's my impression that at least on the Street level Brown seems to have connected with the people and from what I understand the healthcare issue and Coakley sort of being perhaps an inept campaigner as well as a perception that shes a bit of s snob is helping Brown or am I off in that?

On a side note, while it's great to see people so energized over this, and would be very happy to see a Brown win, it's a little premature to be talking about things such as seating him. Is that all talk A15 for the most part from outside Mass.? I really am from watching the local news there on the net that the people in Mass are pretty settled on this thing. One of the things, that comes to mind would be, how about actually letting the man win the election first.

Your oh so right. He has to win before anything else comes into play. Its looking good for him right now but who knows what will happen in the final days leading up to the election.

I am rooting for this guy big time and hope the voters in MA send a big message to the Dems and OL'BO. His change ain't workin even for Dems. CHANGE YOU CAN BELIEVE IN??? Not hardly.

Even if Brown loses, which I don't think he will, the implications are astounding. To think that the Senate seat held by Kennedy for all these years was that close is a clear indication that the votors are not at all happy with what is going on. Also, clearly the "hope and change" thing has worn off and reality has set in. You have a bunch who ran on fiscal responsibility that are making Bush look like a piker in the spending department.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back