Scott Brown: Obama not invited to this party

Catbert

Sep 16, 2009
Scott Brown: Obama not invited to this party

By Hillary Chabot
Thursday, January 14, 2010 - Updated 3h ago

Surging GOP Senate candidate Scott Brown yesterday warned President Obama to “stay away” from the Bay State during his roiling race against Democratic rival Martha Coakley and not to interfere with their intensifying battle in the campaign’s final days.
“He should stay away and let Martha and I discuss the issues one on one,” Brown said. “The machine is coming out of the woodwork to get her elected. They’re bringing in outsiders, and we don’t need them.”

Edited to comply with USMB copyright policy.

~A15

Scott Brown: Obama not invited to this party - BostonHerald.com

Scott Brown likes to paint the picture as if he is running against the establishment. Problem for the people who are going to vote for him, he IS part of the establishment.

Although watching a recent ad for him, you'll see that he tries to hide the fact he's running as a Republican. If he wins, he'll be a one termer at best.

How do you hide that you are a Republican when running on the Republican ticket?

Scott Brown likes to paint the picture as if he is running against the establishment. Problem for the people who are going to vote for him, he IS part of the establishment.

Although watching a recent ad for him, you'll see that he tries to hide the fact he's running as a Republican. If he wins, he'll be a one termer at best.

And I suppose you win big when you handicap the Kentucky Derby too, right?

Scott Brown wouldn't last more than a term in office because if he actually had to live up his promises and failed to do so, he would be booted out next term.

If you look at his record, he has a record of flip-flopping, saying one thing while supporting another, etc.

Scott Brown wouldn't last more than a term in office because if he actually had to live up his promises and failed to do so, he would be booted out next term.

If you look at his record, he has a record of flip-flopping, saying one thing while supporting another, etc.

Just like Obama.

But if anyone didn't know that Brown was a Republican a couple of days ago they sure do now ...

It seems to be one of the few things the Coakley campaign can talk about at the moment.

By not mentioning that you are a Republican in all (I think) of your ads.

See, I'm not in your state Art but I get your state's campaign ads. I've seen about two or three different Brown ones, not ONCE does he mention the fact that he's a Republican.

So I believe you are right.

He also neglects to tell votes that water is wet, that the sun rises in the east, that the pope is catholic, and that bears.........

He also neglects to tell votes that water is wet, that the sun rises in the east, that the pope is catholic, and that bears.........

I have a feeling if someone ran the same ads as Brown but instead was a member of the Communist Party that you wouldn't cast your vote for that person.

Just sayin. :eusa_whistle:

The very things you hate, your president does, yet you condemn them in another who, in your eyes (only) is doing the same.

"Your President"?

Unless you're not from the U.S, he's your President too whether you like it or not. Again, this thread is not about Obama, it's about Brown. You're trying to deflect, how sad. :eusa_eh:

By not mentioning that you are a Republican in all (I think) of your ads.

See, I'm not in your state Art but I get your state's campaign ads. I've seen about two or three different Brown ones, not ONCE does he mention the fact that he's a Republican.

So I believe you are right.

You get pretty much all of our radio stations ... no mention of him being a Republican in those ads either.

You get pretty much all of our radio stations ... no mention of him being a Republican in those ads either.

Who listens to the radio now a days? :confused: :lol:

But yeah, I get your point. I keep hearing about how he's going to fight the establishment.

It would be like a mugger telling you he's going to keep your neighborhood safe as he's taking your wallet.

The very things you hate, your president does, yet you condemn them in another who, in your eyes (only) is doing the same.

"Your President"?

Unless you're not from the U.S, he's your President too whether you like it or not. Again, this thread is not about Obama, it's about Brown. You're trying to deflect, how sad. :eusa_eh:

Well, you're wrong again. The thread is about Brown, Coakley, and Obama.

And, for the record Obama may have been elected as president, but I don't find him qualified for that position, so in good conscience cannot call him "my" president.

So some of you think he should advertize he's in the GoP, that the Mass audience is not sharp enough to understand he's in the opposing party to the Democrat and need to hear him say it in all his adds?

I don't recall any politician making their party affiliation a major theme of their campain commercials.

It doesn't matter, Brown will lose in the end.

So some of you think he should advertize he's in the GoP, that the Mass audience is not sharp enough to understand he's in the opposing party to the Democrat and need to hear him say it in all his adds?

I don't recall any politician making their party affiliation a major theme of their campain commercials.

It doesn't matter, Brown will lose in the end.

I don't think he should advertise that he's a Republican at all. Not if he wants to win anyway. Just making the observation that his campaign has stayed far away from even mentioning it. As they should.

Forum List

Back