Booker to Rightwingers

If Corey wants to come out and say:

We should let states decide issues like gay marriage.

We should protect those innocent little persons who can't fend for themeselves.

We should not be pushing more money out the door that we don't have (and making colleg unaffordable for those who can't get loans....those nasty laws of unintended consequences)....

you can bet there will be petitions.

He won't. He's smarter than that.

rights shouldn't be left up to the states. every time the states have been entrusted with rights, the loony toons try to take away those rights.

which is why if you put jim crow laws to a vote, it would still lose in a lot of places.

gee...i wonder where.

Former democratic strongholds.

If Corey wants to come out and say:

We should let states decide issues like gay marriage.

We should protect those innocent little persons who can't fend for themeselves.

We should not be pushing more money out the door that we don't have (and making colleg unaffordable for those who can't get loans....those nasty laws of unintended consequences)....

you can bet there will be petitions.

He won't. He's smarter than that.

rights shouldn't be left up to the states. every time the states have been entrusted with rights, the loony toons try to take away those rights.

which is why if you put jim crow laws to a vote, it would still lose in a lot of places.

gee...i wonder where.

BTWP: your arguments continue to look like segments from a Garfield comic strip.

Can you do better than Poop and post more than three puny sentences at a time (without hurting yourself) ?

Just for the record...this is from Federalist 45.

The State government will have the advantage of the Federal government, whether we compare them in respect to the immediate dependence of the one on the other; to the weight of personal influence which each side will possess; to the powers respectively vested in them; to the predilection and probable support of the people; to the disposition and faculty of resisting and frustrating the measures of each other.

The State governments may be regarded as constituent and essential parts of the federal government; whilst the latter is nowise essential to the operation or organization of the former. Without the intervention of the State legislatures, the President of the United States cannot be elected at all. They must in all cases have a great share in his appointment, and will, perhaps, in most cases, of themselves determine it. The Senate will be elected absolutely and exclusively by the State legislatures. Even the House of Representatives, though drawn immediately from the people, will be chosen very much under the influence of that class of men, whose influence over the people obtains for themselves an election into the State legislatures. Thus, each of the principal branches of the federal government will owe its existence more or less to the favor of the State governments, and must consequently feel a dependence, which is much more likely to beget a disposition too obsequious than too overbearing towards them. On the other side, the component parts of the State governments will in no instance be indebted for their appointment to the direct agency of the federal government, and very little, if at all, to the local influence of its members.

The number of individuals employed under the Constitution of the United States will be much smaller than the number employed under the particular States. There will consequently be less of personal influence on the side of the former than of the latter. The members of the legislative, executive, and judiciary departments of thirteen and more States, the justices of peace, officers of militia, ministerial officers of justice, with all the county, corporation, and town officers, for three millions and more of people, intermixed, and having particular acquaintance with every class and circle of people, must exceed, beyond all proportion, both in number and influence, those of every description who will be employed in the administration of the federal system. Compare the members of the three great departments of the thirteen States, excluding from the judiciary department the justices of peace, with the members of the corresponding departments of the single government of the Union; compare the militia officers of three millions of people with the military and marine officers of any establishment which is within the compass of probability, or, I may add, of possibility, and in this view alone, we may pronounce the advantage of the States to be decisive. If the federal government is to have collectors of revenue, the State governments will have theirs also. And as those of the former will be principally on the seacoast, and not very numerous, whilst those of the latter will be spread over the face of the country, and will be very numerous, the advantage in this view also lies on the same side. It is true, that the Confederacy is to possess, and may exercise, the power of collecting internal as well as external taxes throughout the States; but it is probable that this power will not be resorted to, except for supplemental purposes of revenue; that an option will then be given to the States to supply their quotas by previous collections of their own; and that the eventual collection, under the immediate authority of the Union, will generally be made by the officers, and according to the rules, appointed by the several States. Indeed it is extremely probable, that in other instances, particularly in the organization of the judicial power, the officers of the States will be clothed with the correspondent authority of the Union. Should it happen, however, that separate collectors of internal revenue should be appointed under the federal government, the influence of the whole number would not bear a comparison with that of the multitude of State officers in the opposite scale. Within every district to which a federal collector would be allotted, there would not be less than thirty or forty, or even more, officers of different descriptions, and many of them persons of character and weight, whose influence would lie on the side of the State.

And if that gets to complex for you, the same guy wrote:

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Hope that helps. :smile:

Last edited:
To late !!!

He's going to get used for the next five months.

Sorry Corey....don't go on TV and say stupid things if you are not ready to deal with the outfall.
What Booker said did appear stupid. But Booker is not stupid.

Booker recently achieved hero status which possibly has elevated him to a kind of emotional euphoria equal to narcosis. It could be his tv commentary was made during a frame of mind similar to one who is high on Ecstasy and driving at 100mph. Reckless and thoughtlessly irresponsible.

Another possibility is he's being serenaded by the Republicans and he's prepping for a soft landing if Romney wins. Because Obama and Romney are running neck-in-neck and maybe Corey knows something

I stand wth Cory!

He said Obama's attack on free enterprise was nauseating.

That took cahones. Now, they removed said stones the next day, but he had his 15 minutes!

Thanks for standing with stalwart liberal politicians.

Have you ever fucking HEARD Cory Booker on all the issues he has to talk about? You wouldn't stand with him if you heard all the shit he's said on Real Time with Bill Maher.

Last edited:
Cory Booker is a rising star who understands that cities like Newark need private equity. He didn't follow the script and got a wrist slap from the Dems. If he thinks he is being "used" by the RNC, he ain't seen nuttin yet. When he heads to the national stage, the DNC will try to mold him into a shadow of his former self. I hope he has more integrity than that, but politics is a dirty game.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHN0ZeS5c-4]Governor Christie and Mayor Booker: Don't Worry, We've Got This - YouTube[/ame]

Mayor Booker has proven to be an effective mayor as well as public administrator. He cut his city government by 25 percent to keep it afloat. He said, "Call me a job cutter if you want." He expressed his personal feelings on the "nauseating" content of the campaign advertisments which no doubt caused red flares to go up at 1600 Pennsylvania. That brought about a good talking to from Axelrod, Gibbs, and company on the subject of staying on script. He did as he was told and will stay in favor with the Party, but has lost much respect as a man.

I like this quote.

“I'm not about to sit here and indict private equity,” Mr. Booker said.

“We're getting to a ridiculous point in America….I live in a state where pension funds, unions and other people are investing in companies like Bain Capital.

If you look at the totality of Bain Capital's record, they've done a lot to support businesses, to grow businesses.”

‘Enough is enough’: Democratic mayor breaks ranks with attack on anti-Romney Obama ad - The Globe and Mail

Last edited:
From the link.

On the RNC's effort to exploit Booker's comments by launching an "I Stand With Cory Booker" petition: "Here they are plucking soundbytes out of that interview to manipulate them in a cynical manner, to use them for their own purposes ... I'm very upset that I'm being used by the GOP this way."

On his support for President Obama on the issues: "Anybody in the GOP who wants to stand with me, please stand with me. Stand with me for marriage equality, as Barack Obama stands up for. Stand with me for not turning the clock back on women in terms of medical issues, like Barack Obama is stanidng again. Stand with me on making healthcare more accessible to all. Stand with me for making college more affordable as President Obama is doing."

Oh.....Cory is for Same-sex marriage now.

Guess this was his coming out party.

One thing is clear about all of this......it's clear that some politicians can't be honest.....because the powers that be will ether bribe them, threaten them, or any number of the mindless minions of this administration will threaten them with violence, death, or with exposure.

From the link.

On the RNC's effort to exploit Booker's comments by launching an "I Stand With Cory Booker" petition: "Here they are plucking soundbytes out of that interview to manipulate them in a cynical manner, to use them for their own purposes ... I'm very upset that I'm being used by the GOP this way."

On his support for President Obama on the issues: "Anybody in the GOP who wants to stand with me, please stand with me. Stand with me for marriage equality, as Barack Obama stands up for. Stand with me for not turning the clock back on women in terms of medical issues, like Barack Obama is stanidng again. Stand with me on making healthcare more accessible to all. Stand with me for making college more affordable as President Obama is doing."

Oh.....Cory is for Same-sex marriage now.

Guess this was his coming out party.

One thing is clear about all of this......it's clear that some politicians can't be honest.....because the powers that be will ether bribe them, threaten them, or any number of the mindless minions of this administration will threaten them with violence, death, or with exposure.

If Mr. Booker committed a gaffe on Sunday, The Washington Post remarked, it is that he was “accidentally honest.”

What a sad state of affairs!

eta link:‘Enough is enough’: Democratic mayor breaks ranks with attack on anti-Romney Obama ad - The Globe and Mail

Last edited:

Forum List

Back