Booker to Rightwingers

I like this quote.

“I'm not about to sit here and indict private equity,” Mr. Booker said.

“We're getting to a ridiculous point in America….I live in a state where pension funds, unions and other people are investing in companies like Bain Capital.

If you look at the totality of Bain Capital's record, they've done a lot to support businesses, to grow businesses.”

‘Enough is enough’: Democratic mayor breaks ranks with attack on anti-Romney Obama ad - The Globe and Mail

He gave Barry quite a spanking there!

I stand wth Cory!

Welcome to the light.

Lean Forward - Booker to Maddow: 'I'm very upset that I'm being used by the GOP'

On his support for President Obama on the issues: Anybody in the GOP who wants to stand with me, please stand with me. Stand with me for marriage equality, as Barack Obama stands up for. Stand with me for not turning the clock back on women in terms of medical issues, like Barack Obama is stanidng again. Stand with me on making healthcare more accessible to all. Stand with me for making college more affordable as President Obama is doing."

On his history with Obama: "I've been standing for Barack Obama before most peope were standing for Barack Obama, as one of his earliest supporters in New Jersey, his first major political endorsement."

I like this quote.

“We're getting to a ridiculous point in America….I live in a state where pension funds, unions and other people are investing in companies like Bain Capital.

If you look at the totality of Bain Capital's record, they've done a lot to support businesses, to grow businesses.”

‘Enough is enough’: Democratic mayor breaks ranks with attack on anti-Romney Obama ad - The Globe and Mail

Not hardly. It just keeps the Bain story alive, and shoots holes in Mr. Etch-a-Sketch's claim that he knows how to create jobs.

Mr. Booker must of got taken to woodshed for stepping off the Progressive plantation..

If you speak out against Obama you have to go face Racheal Maddow..

poor thing

From the link.

On the RNC's effort to exploit Booker's comments by launching an "I Stand With Cory Booker" petition: "Here they are plucking soundbytes out of that interview to manipulate them in a cynical manner, to use them for their own purposes ... I'm very upset that I'm being used by the GOP this way."

On his support for President Obama on the issues: "Anybody in the GOP who wants to stand with me, please stand with me. Stand with me for marriage equality, as Barack Obama stands up for. Stand with me for not turning the clock back on women in terms of medical issues, like Barack Obama is stanidng again. Stand with me on making healthcare more accessible to all. Stand with me for making college more affordable as President Obama is doing."

funny... i don't see any "stand with cory" petitions on those issues.

And you didn't see the DNC roll out a "Stand With Newt" campaign minutes after he criticized the Ryan plan.

:lol:

These folks are desperate.

LOL, I just watched a video of Chris Matthews saying Booker was "sabotaging" the Obama and his whole campaign from what he said on, Meet the Depressed..

can you believe this folks?

links and videos at site...

SNIP:
Quotes of the day
posted at 10:38 pm on May 21, 2012 by Allahpundit

In Washington, there’s an old cliche: A gaffe is when a politician is accidentally honest.
That’s what happened to Newark (N.J.) Mayor Cory Booker during an appearance on NBC’s “Meet the Press” on Sunday. Booker, who is widely regarded as a fast riser in Democratic politics, veered badly off message when he defended Bain Capital — the longtime employer of former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney — and described the negative tone of the campaign as “nauseating”…

Watch Booker’s video; it’s obvious he doesn’t like the negativity of the campaign — on both sides — and despite what we can only assume was heavy pressure by the Obama team to fix the glitch, he isn’t willing to entirely walk back his comments.

all of it here.
Quotes of the day « Hot Air

Last edited:
I like this quote.

Not hardly. It just keeps the Bain story alive, and shoots holes in Mr. Etch-a-Sketch's claim that he knows how to create jobs.

Are you reading a different article than I am?

Headline:

‘Enough is enough’: Democratic mayor breaks ranks with attack on anti-Romney Obama ad

It's obvious that he's back tracked big time, ETA: actually back tracked is not the right phrase. He "clarifyed" his statements.

Last edited:
I stand wth Cory!

He said Obama's attack on free enterprise was nauseating.

That took cahones. Now, they removed said stones the next day, but he had his 15 minutes!
He said Romney's use of Rev Wright was nauseating and I'm glad the CON$ervoFascists are standing with him!

Democrats who support Free Enterprise are as rare as Democrats who support a strong US Defense.

Do you see how sick this is that having one Democrat stand up for capitalism and free markets is like a Jackie O and Elvis riding on a unicorn sighting?

Democrats who support Free Enterprise are as rare as Democrats who support a strong US Defense.

Do you see how sick this is that having one Democrat stand up for capitalism and free markets is like a Jackie O and Elvis riding on a unicorn sighting?
Republicans shit the bed when it came to defending America.

True story!

I stand wth Cory!

He said Obama's attack on free enterprise was nauseating.

That took cahones. Now, they removed said stones the next day, but he had his 15 minutes!

Thanks for standing with stalwart liberal politicians.

Have you ever fucking HEARD Cory Booker on all the issues he has to talk about? You wouldn't stand with him if you heard all the shit he's said on Real Time with Bill Maher.

They really should have just watched the video.

But as I understand it, none of them has a dick amongst them and so if they watch Rachel Maddow? They'll explode into a rainbow of glitter.

Either that, or they'll march in the next Gay Pride parade against their will.

Google didn't give me anything solid.

He won't. He's smarter than that.

rights shouldn't be left up to the states. every time the states have been entrusted with rights, the loony toons try to take away those rights.

which is why if you put jim crow laws to a vote, it would still lose in a lot of places.

gee...i wonder where.

BTWP: your arguments continue to look like segments from a Garfield comic strip.

Can you do better than Poop and post more than three puny sentences at a time (without hurting yourself) ?

Just for the record...this is from Federalist 45.

The State government will have the advantage of the Federal government, whether we compare them in respect to the immediate dependence of the one on the other; to the weight of personal influence which each side will possess; to the powers respectively vested in them; to the predilection and probable support of the people; to the disposition and faculty of resisting and frustrating the measures of each other.

The State governments may be regarded as constituent and essential parts of the federal government; whilst the latter is nowise essential to the operation or organization of the former. Without the intervention of the State legislatures, the President of the United States cannot be elected at all. They must in all cases have a great share in his appointment, and will, perhaps, in most cases, of themselves determine it. The Senate will be elected absolutely and exclusively by the State legislatures. Even the House of Representatives, though drawn immediately from the people, will be chosen very much under the influence of that class of men, whose influence over the people obtains for themselves an election into the State legislatures. Thus, each of the principal branches of the federal government will owe its existence more or less to the favor of the State governments, and must consequently feel a dependence, which is much more likely to beget a disposition too obsequious than too overbearing towards them. On the other side, the component parts of the State governments will in no instance be indebted for their appointment to the direct agency of the federal government, and very little, if at all, to the local influence of its members.

The number of individuals employed under the Constitution of the United States will be much smaller than the number employed under the particular States. There will consequently be less of personal influence on the side of the former than of the latter. The members of the legislative, executive, and judiciary departments of thirteen and more States, the justices of peace, officers of militia, ministerial officers of justice, with all the county, corporation, and town officers, for three millions and more of people, intermixed, and having particular acquaintance with every class and circle of people, must exceed, beyond all proportion, both in number and influence, those of every description who will be employed in the administration of the federal system. Compare the members of the three great departments of the thirteen States, excluding from the judiciary department the justices of peace, with the members of the corresponding departments of the single government of the Union; compare the militia officers of three millions of people with the military and marine officers of any establishment which is within the compass of probability, or, I may add, of possibility, and in this view alone, we may pronounce the advantage of the States to be decisive. If the federal government is to have collectors of revenue, the State governments will have theirs also. And as those of the former will be principally on the seacoast, and not very numerous, whilst those of the latter will be spread over the face of the country, and will be very numerous, the advantage in this view also lies on the same side. It is true, that the Confederacy is to possess, and may exercise, the power of collecting internal as well as external taxes throughout the States; but it is probable that this power will not be resorted to, except for supplemental purposes of revenue; that an option will then be given to the States to supply their quotas by previous collections of their own; and that the eventual collection, under the immediate authority of the Union, will generally be made by the officers, and according to the rules, appointed by the several States. Indeed it is extremely probable, that in other instances, particularly in the organization of the judicial power, the officers of the States will be clothed with the correspondent authority of the Union. Should it happen, however, that separate collectors of internal revenue should be appointed under the federal government, the influence of the whole number would not bear a comparison with that of the multitude of State officers in the opposite scale. Within every district to which a federal collector would be allotted, there would not be less than thirty or forty, or even more, officers of different descriptions, and many of them persons of character and weight, whose influence would lie on the side of the State.

And if that gets to complex for you, the same guy wrote:

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Hope that helps. :smile:

tealdeer.gif
tealdeer.gif
tealdeer.gif
tealdeer.gif

Booker's Sunday comments caused Chris Matthews to wet his pants over them last night, and that's good enough for me. Warm liquid running down his leg instead of a thrill going up it. No wonder the idiot blew a gasket.

Forum List

Back